• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

High Profile Resignations

oldgaranddad

Platinum Bling
Sr Midas Sup +++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score

the_shootist

Checked out! Good luck!
Eagle
Mother Lode
Reaction score
More like forced removal. Mosby is so delusional that she will fight it to the bitter end.
whatever works is fine with me. These toxic women (and men) in power need to be taken out by any means necessary. Enough is enough!

Thecrensh

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I had a 9th grade English teacher who thought that someone going to Congress should be limited to one term and they should live in dorms and be given food allowances....and nothing more. I thought it was nuts at the time (1983?) but now it was sheer genius.

Casey Jones

Train left the station...
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
I had a 9th grade English teacher who thought that someone going to Congress should be limited to one term and they should live in dorms and be given food allowances....and nothing more. I thought it was nuts at the time (1983?) but now it was sheer genius.
That's pretty close to how Congress of 150 years ago, lived. In rooming houses or rude hotels (hotels were not nice places until the era of running water and central heating) and with meager pay (prior to New Deal extraconstitutional intrusion in business, FedGov had a close, tight budget). No air conditioning. Swampy environment - IIRC, malaria was a real risk.

We would do well to have such requirements today. IMHO, they would have to come from and should come from, each State. Let State Legislatures pay the Congress-cretin. Let THEM determine lodging there. Each state could own a condo or hotel suite or house, for the Representatives and Senators to live in.

They no like? Come back home.

This would only be possible with a Constitutional Amendment, or set of amendments, and those would only be possible with an Article V Convention. Which the Elites have successfully derailed, with false-fears of a "Runaway Convention" - impossible under the conditions laid down for a Convention of State Delegates.

But again IMHO, we're out of time. Covidiocy and Medical Tyranny...AND THE DEATH JAB...prove it.

Now it's time to think about going to arms.

Uglytruth

Mother Lode Found
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
Mother Lode
Reaction score
She is stepping down............

1642343972495.png

Thecrensh

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
She is stepping down............

View attachment 241049
If true, not surprising. What better way to do dastardly things than under the guise of caring? There is a Netflix movie called "I Care Alot" (https://netflix.fandom.com/wiki/I_Care_a_Lot). The star is an attorney who uses the system to "legally" bilk the elderly under her care for EVERYTHING they have...and she has hired "agents" within the system who assist her for a % of the proceeds. It's a good movie and really opens your eyes up to what *could* be possible when the system is corrupted.

Has a twist near the end, but it's pretty interesting movie...

Uglytruth

Mother Lode Found
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
Mother Lode
Reaction score

Credit Suisse chairman resigns over COVID-19 violations​

Prachi Mahamia
5 hours ago
2 min read

Credit Suisse Chairman Antonio Horta-Osorio resigned on Monday after violating COVID-19 quarantine rules. Bringing up suspicions about the bank’s new strategy as it strives to recoup from a string of downfalls. Horta-Osorio was brought in less than a year ago to spruce up Switzerland’s No. 2 bank’s corporate culture. Which had been tarnished by its involvement with failed investment firm Archegos and insolvent supply chain finance firm Greensill Capital.
However, the Portuguese banker’s private life has appeared under scrutiny in recent years, with studies disclosing that he violated COVID-19 quarantine rules twice in 2021. Horta-Osorio resigned as a result of a board-commissioned investigation, according to the financial institution. As documented in December by Reuters, Horta-Osorio attended the Wimbledon tennis finals in London in July without adhering to Britain’s quarantine guidelines.

I, therefore, believe that my resignation is in the interest of the bank​

Horta-Osorio
Horta-Osorio
Horta-Osorio furthermore broke COVID-19 regulations during a November trip to Switzerland. Leaving the country during a 10-day quarantine period. “I regret that a number of my personal actions have led to difficulties for the bank and compromised my ability to represent the bank internally and externally,” Horta-Osorio mentioned in an announcement. “I, therefore, believe that my resignation is in the interest of the bank and its stakeholders at this crucial time,” he added.

Credit Suisse asserted board member Axel Lehmann had taken possession of the chairman position with immediate effect after the resignation. The company had made an announcement of a new strategy in November aimed at restricting a freewheeling tradition that has cost it billions. The bank acknowledged that Lehmann, the board, and the chief board would proceed with implementing Credit Suisse’s strategy. After approximately two decades at Zurich Insurance Group, Lehmann spent over a decade at rival UBS. Where he supervised the financial institution’s Swiss private and corporate banking unit. Moreover, Horta-Osorio’s hasty departure, on the other hand, disheartened employees. With some wondering what would occur next for the financial institution.

Goldhedge

Retired
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
that makes 28

Two long-serving Democratic congressmen announce they won't seek reelection in 2022​

CNN Digital Expansion 2018 Veronica Stracqualursi
By Veronica Stracqualursi, CNN
Tue January 18, 2022

Long-serving Democratic Reps. Jim Langevin of Rhode Island and Jerry McNerney of California announced Tuesday that they will not be seeking reelection in November, joining the more than two dozen House Democrats planning to retire after this term of Congress.

Screen Shot 2022-01-18 at 9.50.51 PM.png

Uglytruth

Mother Lode Found
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
Mother Lode
Reaction score
Quitting is not a a way out of this.

Thecrensh

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
that makes 28

Two long-serving Democratic congressmen announce they won't seek reelection in 2022​

Tue January 18, 2022

Long-serving Democratic Reps. Jim Langevin of Rhode Island and Jerry McNerney of California announced Tuesday that they will not be seeking reelection in November, joining the more than two dozen House Democrats planning to retire after this term of Congress.

View attachment 241300

Their internal polling is either atrocious, or they know something is coming and don't want any part of it at.all.

Buck

Mother Lode Found
Midas Supporter
Mother Lode
Reaction score
no, but for the guilty, the appearance of 'distance' will certainly help them feel better as they 'move about the cabin freely' helping fill out absentee ballots, continue false narratives, otherwise cheerlead for their team

---

tell that to a judge is my unfortunately honest response....because until their power of influence is removed, they're still a danger whether titled and in positions of power or not

the_shootist

Checked out! Good luck!
Eagle
Mother Lode
Reaction score
no, but for the guilty, the appearance of 'distance' will certainly help them feel better as they 'move about the cabin freely' helping fill out absentee ballots, continue false narratives, otherwise cheerlead for their team

---

tell that to a judge is my unfortunately honest response....because until their power of influence is removed, they're still a danger whether titled and in positions of power or not
That's the reason communists are hanged rather than jailed. Hanging commies is not just for entertainment but it will be fun to watch

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Like we useta say: There It Is.

Quitting will not protect them from what is coming. They will be held accountable for crimes. committed in offic.e.

Uglytruth

Mother Lode Found
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
Mother Lode
Reaction score
That's 29 & counting for those keeping track.

1643167812713.png

Goldhedge

Retired
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Pelosi said she's gonna run...

newmisty

DUPPY CONQUERER
Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score

the_shootist

Checked out! Good luck!
Eagle
Mother Lode
Reaction score
Pelosi said she's gonna run...
She's the Captain of the Democrats and she knows she can't just walk away from what she and her hoard have done. She's has no choice but to stay and fight until the last days of her pathetic life

Voodoo

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score

Goldhedge

Retired
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
JUST IN - U.S. Supreme Court Justice Stephen Breyer to retire (NBC)

The 83-year-old Breyer, a pragmatic liberal who has served on the Supreme Court for nearly 28 years, is expected to tell the White House imminently of his intention to step down.

Goldhedge

Retired
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Screen Shot 2022-01-26 at 3.21.53 PM.png

hammerhead

Morphing
Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++
Reaction score
JUST IN - U.S. Supreme Court Justice Stephen Breyer to retire (NBC)

The 83-year-old Breyer, a pragmatic liberal who has served on the Supreme Court for nearly 28 years, is expected to tell the White House imminently of his intention to step down.

At 83?

the_shootist

Checked out! Good luck!
Eagle
Mother Lode
Reaction score
He's still got a couple of good decades left. You all realize this opens the door for Joe Dementia to nominate Mike Obama to replace him, right?

Voodoo

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score

Uglytruth

Mother Lode Found
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
Mother Lode
Reaction score

Uglytruth

Mother Lode Found
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
Mother Lode
Reaction score

LA Councilman Mike Bonin will not run for reelection​

The District 11 councilman, who is one of the City Council’s most progressive members, won his last election in 2017 with 71% of the vote. He had previously announced he would seek reelection to the district that includes Venice, Pacific Palisades, Mar Vista and Westchester.​

[IMG alt="Mike Bonin, LA city council member speaks at the ground breaking for the new LAX Metro Connector Monday, June 21, 2021. The project will connect LA Metro busses and trains to LAX via the new people mover which is currently under construction, in background. (Photo by David Crane, Los Angeles Daily News/SCNG)
"]https://www.dailynews.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/01/LDN-L-METRO-0622-DC-13.jpg?w=525[/IMG]
Mike Bonin, LA city council member speaks at the ground breaking for the new LAX Metro Connector Monday, June 21, 2021. The project will connect LA Metro busses and trains to LAX via the new people mover which is currently under construction, in background. (Photo by David Crane, Los Angeles Daily News/SCNG)

Los Angeles City Councilman Mike Bonin announced on Wednesday, Jan. 26, he will not run for a third term in the June primary, saying he will instead focus on his health and wellness.

“I’ve struggled for years with depression. It’s a constant companion, and often a heavy one. There are times when this job has made that easier, and times when it has made it more challenging. Instead of seeking another term, it’s time for me to focus on health and wellness,” Bonin announced on Twitter.

The District 11 councilman, who is one of the City Council’s most progressive members, won his last election in 2017 with 71% of the vote. He had previously announced he would seek reelection to the district that includes Venice, Pacific Palisades, Mar Vista and Westchester.

Bonin was the target of a recall effort begun in 2021. Los Angeles City Clerk Holly L. Wolcott announced Jan. 18 the effort failed to receive enough signatures to qualify for the ballot.

The recall campaign was begun by constituents upset with Bonin’s handling of the homelessness crisis. Bonin has advocated for a housing-first approach instead of enforcement to remove encampments.

Bonin has consistently voted against his colleagues’ proposals to enforce the city’s anti-camping law, which went into effect in September, banning encampments at various locations across the city once a motion for the locations is approved by the City Council.

“This position allows me to make positive, progressive change. It is a great privilege. But in the past few years, the job has forced me to focus much more of my time and energy on battling the negative instead of creating the positive. I need to reverse that dynamic,” Bonin tweeted.

“To those who are disappointed by my decision, I am sorry. It is very difficult to walk away from a third term, and the work we have been doing together, but I need to listen to my heart. This is the best decision for me and my family.”

Bonin added that he would continue to fight “for a better L.A.” and focus on homelessness, racial and economic justice and the climate crisis after leaving office in December.

Bonin said he’ll focus his remaining 10 months on the council “fighting for low-wage workers, renters, seniors, students, bus riders, and the unhoused — who are being demonized and scapegoated by politicians, media figures and some in our neighborhoods.”

Along with Bonin’s progressive efforts related to the city’s homelessness crisis, he was an early leader of the city’s efforts to transition the Department of Water and Power to 100% renewable energy by 2035 and increase the minimum wage in the city to $15.

Bonin co-introduced an April 2017 motion that set the city on a path to ban oil and gas drilling, a first step in the process that resulted in the City Council on Wednesday voting to officially begin the process of banning future oil and gas well and phasing out existing oil drilling sites.

Constituents who tried to recall Bonin cited encampments along the Venice boardwalk and other areas of the Westside. Bonin was praised by progressives for conducting a successful pathway to housing operation over summer on the boardwalk, which brought 213 people indoors with a pathway to permanent housing, instead of enforcement.

Some constituents expressed frustration after tents returned to the boardwalk months after the operation.

Bonin also faced increased backlash from constituents after introducing a motion to have the city explore housing homeless people in temporary cabins and safe camping sites on beach parking lots, including one at Will Rogers State Beach.

Bonin sent an email to constituents in May in an attempt to dispel what he said were rumors that his motion, which asked only for a report on feasibility, would actually create encampments.

Goldhedge

Retired
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score

Home Depot names company veteran Ted Decker as CEO​

PUBLISHED THU, JAN 27 2022

KEY POINTS
  • Home Depot's Chief Operating Officer Ted Decker will step into the role of CEO, as of March 1.
  • Outgoing CEO Craig Menear will continue to serve as chair of the board.
  • The home improvement retailer has gone through a period of tremendous growth during the pandemic, as nesting trends and a strong housing market collided.

Goldhedge

Retired
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
This is a 'resignation' of sorts...

Screen Shot 2022-01-27 at 10.04.57 PM.png

Goldhedge

Retired
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
They eventually eat their own....

Screen Shot 2022-02-02 at 10.24.54 AM.png

Tbonz

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Reaction score
that makes 28

Tue January 18, 2022

View attachment 241300

still not enough

Goldhedge

Retired
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
I heard the number is up to 30....

Goldbrix

Mother Lode Found
Eagle
Mother Lode
Reaction score
I heard the number is up to 30....
That is a good start.
Maybe some will be hitting the Federal Prison speaking rounds from the inside. I hope.

Uglytruth

Mother Lode Found
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
Mother Lode
Reaction score
1643848969162.png

the_shootist

Checked out! Good luck!
Eagle
Mother Lode
Reaction score
Good.

Too bad it will be hidden from our view.
Do I detect a positive vibe from CJ? Be still my heart! (and that's saying something coming from me):laughing:

Casey Jones

Train left the station...
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Yeah, weak moment.

I should probably make a run to the liquor store, to get something for Attitude Adjustment...

Uglytruth

Mother Lode Found
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
Mother Lode
Reaction score

California’s first surgeon general, Dr. Nadine Burke Harris, resigns​

Dr. Nadine Burke Harris at her home in San Francisco

Dr. Nadine Burke Harris, shown at her home in San Francisco, became the state’s first surgeon general in 2019.
(Paul Kuroda / For The Times)
BY HAYLEY SMITH | STAFF WRITER
FEB. 2, 2022 9:35 AM PT
California’s top physician is stepping down.
Dr. Nadine Burke Harris, who became the state’s first surgeon general in 2019, announced her resignation Tuesday, her office confirmed. Dr. Devika Bhushan, chief health officer, will serve as acting surgeon general.
Gov. Gavin Newsom thanked Burke Harris for “the impactful initiatives and frameworks she has put in place as California’s first-ever surgeon general.”
“Dr. Burke Harris’ expertise and leadership in championing equity, mental health and early childhood development have been instrumental in advancing the health and well-being of Californians,” Newsom said in a statement.

SAN FRANCISCO CA MARCH 24, 2021 - California Surgeon General Dr. Nadine Burke Harris is at her home on Wednesday, March 24, 2021 in San Francisco , Calif. (Paul Kuroda / For The Times)
CALIFORNIA
‘Heartbreak on top of heartbreak’: California’s first surgeon general navigates the pandemic
May 6, 2021
When the governor appointed Burke Harris to the role, he charged her with “tackling the state’s health problems,” according to a May 2021 profile in the Times. She was particularly focused on screening and treating children for adverse childhood experiences and toxic stress, and played a key role in the state’s navigation of the COVID-19 pandemic.
In a statement provided to The Times on Wednesday, Burke Harris said serving as the surgeon general during the “greatest public crisis in a century has been the experience of a lifetime.”
“I am incredibly proud to have been part of a team that, together, worked tirelessly to protect the health and well-being of all Californians,” she said. “Our efforts ensured that California had the lowest cumulative mortality rate among patients with COVID-19 of any large state.”

The office of the surgeon general will continue to support efforts to advance vaccine equity and invest in children and youth well-being, she said.
Burke Harris told the Times in 2021 that the health inequities exacerbated by the pandemic weighed heavily on her.
“The hardest part of the job is sitting in proximity to so much harm and suffering, and sitting there long enough to be a difference,” she said at the time.
She alluded again to those pressures Wednesday.
“I have always said, self-care isn’t selfish,” Burke Harris said. “That isn’t just something I say. They are words that I live by. As I transition out of this role and focus on prioritizing care for myself and my family, I will never stop supporting efforts to improve the health and well-being of our communities.”
ANAHIEM, CA, MARCH 01, 2019 --- California Surgeon General Dr. Nadine Burke Harris, speaks at Annual Health Care Symposium organized by Community Clinic Association of LA County, in Anaheim. Burke Harris is an advocate for better screening children about trauma that can lead to an increased risk of stroke, heart attack and substance abuse later in life. (Irfan Khan / Los Angeles Times)
POLITICS
Treating toxic stress in kids a top priority for California’s first surgeon general
March 15, 2019
California Health and Human Services Secretary Dr. Mark Ghaly lauded Burke Harris for disrupting “persistent stubborn health inequities and disparities” during the pandemic, including her work on COVID-19 vaccine distribution and early childhood health.
“The important work of the office of the California surgeon general is only beginning, and I am grateful to Nadine for her vision and contributions and for setting us on this path,” Ghaly told The Times.
Only a handful of states have a surgeon general. Burke Harris was not only California’s first surgeon general, but also the first Black person and the first woman to hold the role.
Born in Canada and raised in Palo Alto, Burke Harris received her undergraduate degree from UC Berkeley and attended medical school at UC Davis. She received her master’s of public health at Harvard and did her medical residency at Stanford.
In 2007, she became the first medical director for the California Pacific Medical Center Bayview Child Health Center in San Francisco, and in 2012, she founded the Center for Youth Wellness, a clinic focused on identifying and treating toxic stress in children.
The governor’s office did not say when a new formal appointment would be made.
Burke Harris’s last day will be Feb. 11.

Uglytruth

Mother Lode Found
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
Mother Lode
Reaction score