• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

High Profile Resignations

Goldhedge

Retired
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score

Kamala Harris loses another staffer​

Looks like she’s an even worse boss than she is a vice president, if that’s possible

Fox News writes:

Vice President Kamala Harris continues to lose staff with the departure of yet another high-ranking member of her team.​
Kate Childs Graham, Harris’ chief speechwriter, is leaving the vice president’s office at the end of the month, sources told Fox News.​
A White House official told Fox News, “Kate is leaving the office, but not the family. The vice president is grateful for her service to the administration.”​
“We are excited for her next step,” the official added.​
This is far from the first resignation for the vice president’s team. The office has seen a virtual exodus over the course of her first year in office as staffers complain about their workplace morale.​

Goldhedge

Retired
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score

Biden’s Nominee For New Cabinet-Level Science Position is Epstein-Linked Geneticist​

FEBRUARY 2, 2021

By Whitney Webb

CRISPR gene-editing expert Eric Lander, Biden’s director of the Office of Science and Technology Policy, is awaiting Senate confirmation to serve in a new Cabinet-level position in the Biden administration. Jeffrey Epstein, the eugenicist pedophile and sex trafficker, bragged about funding Lander’s research and was photographed taking part in at least one meeting with him.

Shortly before he took office, President Joe Biden announced that he would be elevating the director Office of Science and Technology Policy to a cabinet-level position, meaning that his nominee to lead that office, geneticist Eric Lander, would require confirmation by the US Senate. Lander is currently serving as director of that office, but has yet to serve in cabinet-level capacity as he awaits confirmation.

Mainstream media reports described Biden’s move to place Lander in his cabinet as “meant to highlight his commitment to science,” which has been used to contrast his approach with that of Trump, who was accused of second-guessing “authoritative” voices from academia and the medical establishment. Lander is deemed to be one such “authoritative” voice, having previously served as external co-chair on former President Obama’s Council of Advisors on Science and Technology.

However, Biden placing Lander in this role begs the question of exactly what type of science he will promote in his new position, as eugenicist and intelligence-linked pedophile Jeffrey Epstein bragged on his website about having “had the priviledge [sic] of sponsoring” Lander’s research via the Jeffrey Epstein VI Foundation. Lander’s spokesperson told the New York Times in 2019 that “Mr. Epstein appears to have made up lots of things and this seems to be among them,” regarding whether or not Lander had indeed received funding from Epstein.

In addition to the issue of funding from Epstein, Lander, who is also a biology professor at MIT, is known to have met with Epstein at least once, as he was pictured taking part in a 2012 meeting with Epstein at the office of Harvard’s Martin Nowak, a mathematical biologist who received millions in funding from Epstein. After Epstein’s 2019 arrest, Lander claimed that he had been invited to the meeting by Nowak and had been unaware of who was set to attend the event. He additionally stated that he “later learned about [Epstein’s] more sordid history” and denied having had a relationship with Epstein.

Yet, there remains the issue that Epstein himself included Lander in a list of scientists he sponsored, with the other scientists on that list having indeed been supported by Epstein in some fashion. If we are to believe Lander, it remains unclear why Epstein, before he became so infamous, would falsely claim to fund Lander and why Lander would wait to deny any association until only after Epstein’s arrest. Given that the other scientists listed alongside Lander on Epstein’s website did receive funding from his foundation, it seems unlikely that Epstein would deceptively throw in Lander’s name among a list of several other scientists he was funding at a time, particularly when he was not yet publicly controversial and did not present such a grave risk to his associates’ reputations.

However, Lander’s denials seem to have been more than sufficient for some mainstream media outlets following his nomination to serve in the Biden administration, with some outlets now claiming that Lander was not reported to have received funding from Epstein, despite Epstein’s own claims to the contrary. For instance, BuzzFeed wrote on January 19, 2021 that Lander “has not been reported to have received any money from Epstein”.

Screen Shot 2022-02-07 at 7.52.09 PM.png

oldgaranddad

Platinum Bling
Sr Midas Sup +++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score

Kamala Harris loses another staffer​

Looks like she’s an even worse boss than she is a vice president, if that’s possible

Fox News writes:

Vice President Kamala Harris continues to lose staff with the departure of yet another high-ranking member of her team.​
Kate Childs Graham, Harris’ chief speechwriter, is leaving the vice president’s office at the end of the month, sources told Fox News.​
A White House official told Fox News, “Kate is leaving the office, but not the family. The vice president is grateful for her service to the administration.”​
“We are excited for her next step,” the official added.​
This is far from the first resignation for the vice president’s team. The office has seen a virtual exodus over the course of her first year in office as staffers complain about their workplace morale.​

In other news, death row inmates are opting for execution rather than being forced into a work release program serving Kamala Harris.

Goldhedge

Retired
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
PayPal Co-Founder Peter Thiel Resigning From Meta’s Board of Directors
BUSINESS
Isabel van Brugen Feb 8, 2022

PayPal Co-Founder Peter Thiel Resigning From Meta’s Board of Directors

Peter Thiel at the Whitney Museum of American Art in New York City, on Nov. 3, 2015. (Neilson Barnard/Getty Images for New York Times)

Billionaire tech entrepreneur Peter Thiel is resigning from the board of Facebook’s parent company Meta later this year, the company announced on Monday.

Thiel, a co-founder of online payments system PayPal, was one of the earliest investors in Facebook and joined the company board in April 2005.

He became a Facebook investor in 2004 when he provided $500,000 in capital at a $5 million valuation for a 10 percent stake in the company and a seat on its board of directors.

Meta said Monday that Thiel will not stand for re-election but will serve as a director until the company’s annual shareholder meeting.

Thiel aims to spend time helping elect candidates who he believes will advance former President Donald Trump’s agenda in the U.S. midterms this year, a person familiar with the situation said.

“Peter has been a valuable member of our board and I’m deeply grateful for everything he has done for our company — from believing in us when few others would, to teaching me so many lessons about business, economics, and the world,” Mark Zuckerberg, Meta founder, and CEO, said in a statement.

Uglytruth

Mother Lode Found
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
Mother Lode
Reaction score
I'm thinking this is a resignation.....

Chris Huvane, respected talent manager, dies at 47​

Chris Huvane attends LIVE FROM ABBEY ROAD launch party

Chris Huvane in 2007. He died Sunday.
(Patrick McMullan / Getty Images)
BY WENDY LEESTAFF WRITER
FEB. 7, 2022 UPDATED 5:07 PM PT
Chris Huvane, a partner at Los Angeles representation firm Management 360 who was praised by many of his clients, died Sunday. He was 47.
“We are devastated beyond words this morning, Chris was simply ‘the best of the best,’” the partners of Management 360 said in a statement. “A brilliant manager, consummate colleague and friend, a rock of our company and our culture, beloved by every single person who ever met him. It’s an incalculable loss and our hearts go out to his family and friends. We are all better for having known Chris, and we commit to honoring his legacy every day forward.”
Friends and colleagues said he apparently took his own life.
Huvane joined the firm in 2010 after leaving his job as senior West Coast editor of GQ magazine. The New York native was named a partner at Management 360 in 2015.

The death was first reported by entertainment industry news outlet Deadline, which said Huvane “had been battling depression for a long time.”
Huvane was a resident of Los Angeles who grew up in Yonkers, N.Y. He got his exposure to the business while working as a bellman at a hotel in Manhattan, where his brothers also had worked.
While carrying suitcases for celebrities, he met actor Julianne Moore, who later became a client, Huvane told “The Homage Podcast.” He moved to L.A. in 2000 and worked in several different roles in entertainment, including as a publicist, magazine editor and actor, before becoming a manager. His acting gigs included playing a waiter in an episode of “Sex and the City,” according to IMDbPro.
His experience as an actor made him a better manager, he said, as did his penchant for speaking his mind.

“I think the most important thing for me is I always have an opinion, and I was always not afraid to share it because there’s not a person on Earth that I’m not afraid to share my opinion with, and it took off from there,” he said during the podcast interview in April 2020.
In addition to Moore, Huvane’s clients included actors Margot Robbie, Henry Winkler, Zoey Deutch, and Jensen Ackles. He also managed the late actor Chadwick Boseman, according to IMDbPro.
Winkler on Monday tweeted that he was heartbroken to hear of Huvane’s passing.
“Chris was so thoughtful and knowledgeable and such a compassionate caretaker,” Winkler wrote.
Many people who worked with Huvane described him as a manager who tirelessly advocated for his clients.
Christopher Cantwell, co-creator and co-showrunner of the TV drama “Halt and Catch Fire,” called Huvane “a lionhearted man.”
“He was frank and honest in a business when many are not,” Cantwell tweeted of Huvane, who was his manager for more than 10 years. “He was exceptionally kind, he was remarkably open about his struggles and wore himself on his sleeve. This industry did not deserve a guy like Chris.”
Cantwell said Huvane was instrumental to his career.
“When we wrote HALT, he pounded on our agent’s door because we were nobodies and said, ‘if you don’t pay attention to these guys, I’m taking them somewhere else, because they deserve better,’” Cantwell tweeted.
Several other people who knew Huvane also shared their memories on Twitter.
@chrishuvane truly was the most genuine guy in Hollywood. In ways his heart was too big for this. He was too open, too available... he not only took a chance on Cantwell and I when were just a couple kids with a spec script, he was my dear friend. I love, Chris. Rest in Peace. https://t.co/Cg9K0qIwal
— Christopher C Rogers (@CCR) February 7, 2022
Woke up to hear the news about Chris Huvane. Absolutely crushed. Chrissy was a buddy who shared my love of boxing. We never talked about work. Just training, life, and love.

I’m so sorry Buddy ❤️ Praying you’ve found some peace. You were loved. Really.
— DC (@cadebrigade) February 7, 2022

Gutted by this news. I will cherish the memories I have of Chris during happier times - pretty much any time he was celebrating his clients who he treated as family. Sending love and strength to his family and loved ones. https://t.co/Pupet07prp
— Jonathan Fuhrman (@jonathanfuhrman) February 7, 2022
My dear friend Chris Huvane. I am still stunned. Speechless. To find out you were in that much pain. My heart is broken for you and your loved ones. This earth lost a beautiful soul. You were truly loved by so many. May your soul Rest In Peace. https://t.co/fLbXbFGuRf
— Armida López (@TheArmidaLopez) February 7, 2022
Huvane is survived by his wife, Cole; father, Martin; and five siblings: Michael, Robert, Stephen, Kevin and Denise Whalen. Stephen Huvane is a partner at Slate PR and Kevin Huvane is a co-chairman at major talent agency Creative Artists Agency.

the_shootist

Checked out! Good luck!
Eagle
Mother Lode
Reaction score
The death was first reported by entertainment industry news outlet Deadline, which said Huvane “had been battling depression for a long time.”
Suidided and yeah, seems pretty much the same as a resignation to me too! What did he know about Hillary Clinton?

Last edited:

Voodoo

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Suidided and yaeh, seems pretty much the same as a resignation to me too! What did he know about Hillary Clinton?

Just a WAG but given his business I think it's more like he's in the Weinstein or Epstein problem camp.

the_shootist

Checked out! Good luck!
Eagle
Mother Lode
Reaction score
Just a WAG but given his business I think it's more like he's in the Weinstein or Epstein problem camp.
I think they're all connected

Goldhedge

Retired
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
A 'resignation' by force... he was 'finnished'...

Finnish Politician Forced To Step Down For Saying Ukraine Should Not Join NATO​

Tyler Durden's Photo

BY TYLER DURDEN
THURSDAY, FEB 10, 2022 - 07:00 AM

Despite Finland long resisting calls to be put on a path to joining NATO (though closely cooperating with the military alliance), a political scandal has emerged this week after a top Finnish politician stated that it should be made clear that Ukraine will not joint NATO.

Member of the Finns Party Mika Niikko was forced to step down as parliament's Foreign Affairs Committee chair over a Tuesday morning tweet. He stated while French President Emmanuel Macron was in Moscow meeting Putin that the French leader "should say publicly that Ukraine will not become a member of NATO."

"Otherwise, the negotiations will be considered a failure from a Russian perspective and the consequences will be terrible. Are there no wise heads of state in the West who know Russia?" Niikko wrote further.

Goldhedge

Retired
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score

Metropolitan Police Commissioner Cressida Dick resigns​

She said Mayor of London Sadiq Khan left her with “no choice but to step aside as Commissioner”.​

CRESSIDA DICK HAS resigned as Commissioner of the Metropolitan Police, Mayor of London Sadiq Khan has said.

It has been agreed that she will continue to serve for a short period to enable an orderly handover.

The news comes a week after Mr Khan said he was “not satisfied” with the Met’s Commissioner’s response to calls for change following a series of scandals including the murder of Sarah Everard by serving officer Wayne Couzens, racist and misogynist and homophobic messages exchanged by officers shared by officers at Charing Cross Police Station.

In a statement this evening, Khan said he made it clear last week to Dick that “the scale of change I believe is urgently required to rebuild the trust and confidence of Londoners in the Met and to root out of the racism, sexism, homophobia, bullying, discrimination and misogyny that still exists”.

“I am not satisfied with the Commissioner’s response,” Khan said.

“On being informed of this, Dame Cressida Dick has said she will be standing aside. It’s clear that the only way to start to deliver the scale of the change required is to have new leadership right at the top of the Metropolitan Police,” he said.

He thanked Dick for her 40 years of “dedicated public service”.

“In particular, I commend her for the recent work in helping us to bring down violent crime in London – although of course there is more to do,” he said.

“I want to put on the record again that there are thousands of incredibly brave and decent police officers at the Met who go above and beyond every day to help keep us safe, and we owe them a huge debt of gratitude.”​

Khan said he will “now work closely with the Home Secretary on the appointment of a new Commissioner so that we can move quickly to restore trust in the capital’s police service while keeping London safe”.

Dick this evening said it is with “huge sadness” that following contact with Khan “it is clear that he no longer has sufficient confidence in my leadership of the Met to continue”.

“He has left me no choice but to step aside as Commissioner,” she said.

Buck

Mother Lode Found
Midas Supporter
Mother Lode
Reaction score
“He has left me no choice but to step aside as Commissioner,” she said.

It has been agreed that she will continue to serve for a short period to enable an orderly handover.

i musta hit my head again this morning...

lady, your Choice and Free Will is to step aside immediately, refuse to help them, you're, in fact, aiding and abetting a known criminal element by teaching any of them anything

der uhhhh
I had no choice

Thecrensh

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I'm thinking this is a resignation.....

Chris Huvane, respected talent manager, dies at 47​

Chris Huvane attends LIVE FROM ABBEY ROAD launch party

Chris Huvane in 2007. He died Sunday.
(Patrick McMullan / Getty Images)
BY WENDY LEESTAFF WRITER
FEB. 7, 2022 UPDATED 5:07 PM PT
Chris Huvane, a partner at Los Angeles representation firm Management 360 who was praised by many of his clients, died Sunday. He was 47.
“We are devastated beyond words this morning, Chris was simply ‘the best of the best,’” the partners of Management 360 said in a statement. “A brilliant manager, consummate colleague and friend, a rock of our company and our culture, beloved by every single person who ever met him. It’s an incalculable loss and our hearts go out to his family and friends. We are all better for having known Chris, and we commit to honoring his legacy every day forward.”
Friends and colleagues said he apparently took his own life.
Huvane joined the firm in 2010 after leaving his job as senior West Coast editor of GQ magazine. The New York native was named a partner at Management 360 in 2015.

Huvane was a resident of Los Angeles who grew up in Yonkers, N.Y. He got his exposure to the business while working as a bellman at a hotel in Manhattan, where his brothers also had worked.
While carrying suitcases for celebrities, he met actor Julianne Moore, who later became a client, Huvane told “The Homage Podcast.” He moved to L.A. in 2000 and worked in several different roles in entertainment, including as a publicist, magazine editor and actor, before becoming a manager. His acting gigs included playing a waiter in an episode of “Sex and the City,” according to IMDbPro.
His experience as an actor made him a better manager, he said, as did his penchant for speaking his mind.

“I think the most important thing for me is I always have an opinion, and I was always not afraid to share it because there’s not a person on Earth that I’m not afraid to share my opinion with, and it took off from there,” he said during the podcast interview in April 2020.
In addition to Moore, Huvane’s clients included actors Margot Robbie, Henry Winkler, Zoey Deutch, and Jensen Ackles. He also managed the late actor Chadwick Boseman, according to IMDbPro.
Winkler on Monday tweeted that he was heartbroken to hear of Huvane’s passing.
“Chris was so thoughtful and knowledgeable and such a compassionate caretaker,” Winkler wrote.
Many people who worked with Huvane described him as a manager who tirelessly advocated for his clients.
Christopher Cantwell, co-creator and co-showrunner of the TV drama “Halt and Catch Fire,” called Huvane “a lionhearted man.”
“He was frank and honest in a business when many are not,” Cantwell tweeted of Huvane, who was his manager for more than 10 years. “He was exceptionally kind, he was remarkably open about his struggles and wore himself on his sleeve. This industry did not deserve a guy like Chris.”
Cantwell said Huvane was instrumental to his career.
“When we wrote HALT, he pounded on our agent’s door because we were nobodies and said, ‘if you don’t pay attention to these guys, I’m taking them somewhere else, because they deserve better,’” Cantwell tweeted.
Several other people who knew Huvane also shared their memories on Twitter.

Huvane is survived by his wife, Cole; father, Martin; and five siblings: Michael, Robert, Stephen, Kevin and Denise Whalen. Stephen Huvane is a partner at Slate PR and Kevin Huvane is a co-chairman at major talent agency Creative Artists Agency.
did he hit his head?

oldgaranddad

Platinum Bling
Sr Midas Sup +++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Another Democrat bites the dust. Representative Kathleen Rice who has done absolutely nothing for our district.

Maybe all the Trump rallies in her district that refuse to go away might have given her a hint.

Stop Making Cents

Silver Miner
Seeker
Reaction score

Goldhedge

Retired
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Recap

Record 30 House Democrats won't seek re-election in 2022, with New York Rep. Rice latest to announce​

Washington Republicans say number of retirements by Democrats this election cycle most since 1992

Arecord 30 House Democrats are not running for re-election in 2022.

New York Democratic Rep. Kathleen Rice on Tuesday became the latest Democrat to announce that she is not seeking reelection.

“I have always believed that holding political office is neither destiny nor a right,” she said. “As elected officials, we must give all we have and then know when it is time to allow others to serve.”

Rice did not provide a specific reason for her decision not to run for another term in the House.

She was a member of the Republican Party prior to 2005.

"Kathleen Rice is now number 30. This is the most Dem retirements since 1992," a spokesperson for the National Republican Campaign Committee tweeted. "No one wants to run as a member of @HouseDemocrats!!!"

oldgaranddad

Platinum Bling
Sr Midas Sup +++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Any chance a Repub can win this district or is it solid Dem?
Most of her district used to belong to RINO Peter King. NY just approved an atrocious gerrymandering of the districts that gives Democrats an almost unbeatable edge and yet they are still bailing.

Goldhedge

Retired
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
My dad told me "Son, don't dip your pen in company ink."

Top CNN Executive Allison Gollust Resigns From CNN After Investigation Reveals ‘Violations’​

RTM Staff
by RTM Staff

February 15, 2022

Top CNN Executive Allison Gollust Resigns From CNN After Investigation Reveals ‘Violations’

Allison Gollust, CNN’s chief marketing officer, resigned Tuesday following the conclusion of an investigation that incriminated her, former CNN President Jeff Zucker, and former CNN host Chris Cuomo.

Jason Kilar, CEO of CNN parent company WarnerMedia, announced the findings of the CNN investigation and Gollust’s resignation in an email to employees on Tuesday evening. The investigation, performed by an outside law firm, concluded that Gollust, Zucker, and Cuomo violated company policies.

“Earlier today, Allison Gollust resigned from CNN following the conclusion of the Company’s investigation into issues associated with Chris Cuomo and former Governor Andrew Cuomo,” Kilar wrote.

“Performed by a third-party law firm and led by a former federal judge, the investigation was comprehensive and definitive. It was commissioned in September and concluded this weekend, which now allows me to share additional information with you. Based on interviews of more than 40 individuals and a review of over 100,000 texts and emails, the investigation found violations of Company policies, including CNN’s News Standards and Practices, by Jeff Zucker, Allison Gollust, and Chris Cuomo,” Kilar continued.

Goldhedge

Retired
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score

FAA Administrator Steve Dickson to Resign March 31​

JOE CORTEZ
February 17, 2022

dickson-cover-photo-4-1000x600.jpg

Current FAA Administrator Steve Dickson will leave the Federal Aviation Administration halfway into his term, citing the want to spend more time with his family.

Halfway through his term, Federal Aviation Administration head Steve Dickson will resign the position at the end of March.

The New York Times reports the administrator announced his decision to leave the office late on Wednesday, February 16, 2022.

Dickson: “It’s Time to Go Home”

Dickson’s career in aviation spanned over 40 years, dating back to his graduation from the U.S. Air Force Academy in 1979. After leaving the service in 1990, he joined Delta Air Lines as a pilot, qualified to fly both the Boeing 737 and Airbus A320 aircraft family, as well as the Boeing 757 and 767. He worked his way up through the ranks to ultimately retire as senior vice president of flight operations.

Uglytruth

Mother Lode Found
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
Mother Lode
Reaction score

Health officer for Health Department of Northwest Michigan to resign by end of April​

William T. Perkins
The Petoskey News-Review

Lisa Peacock

Lisa Peacock, health officer for the Health Department of Northwest Michigan, announced her resignation today, Tuesday, effective two months from now.

In her letter of resignation, Peacock attributed the departure as being “completely due to the hostile work environment created by some of the members of the" department's board of health. The board, made up of representatives from all four counties represented by the health department, has been largely at odds with Peacock several times within the past year, especially in the context of masking and other mitigation measures taken in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.

The board has attempted to remove her from the position multiple times.

“It is literally impossible for me to continue to support our team in this way in the face of ongoing efforts by the Board of Health to damage this strong health department and me as its leader,” Peacock said in her letter.

Peacock said she hadn’t intended to resign yet, and had hoped to serve for several more years. Under that timeline, she would have been able to complete her plans to build up the department’s leadership team and initiate a successful transition. By that point, she also would have been in the position long enough to qualify for retirement from the department, she said.

Several of the employees who were in “key positions” to take over have already resigned due to the toxic environment — “grave and unfortunate casualties of the reckless political agendas of some Board of Health members,” she said.

She cited frustration with attempts by board members to cut the department’s budget, and said “reckless” decisions to cut funding would result in a dangerous reduction of services the department would be able to provide.

But she said she was “most disappointed in the recent retaliation I have endured for the issuance of a public health order aimed at protecting children, school staff, and the general public.”

“I am not surprised at the actions of some of the newer board members as their agenda has been clear since their appointment in early 2021,” she said. “However, I am extremely disheartened by the board members who have questioned my integrity and intentions and have even expressed their belief that I deserve the abuse I have received. The public attacks and campaign of humiliation at public meetings is something I no longer have the strength to endure, and no reasonable professional would, either.”

Peacock will serve until April 29, as dictated by a requirement in her contract that she give a 60-day notice before leaving. She said she’s “willing to negotiate” an earlier departure, if the board wishes it.

Uglytruth

Mother Lode Found
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
Mother Lode
Reaction score
1645934864013.png

oldgaranddad

Platinum Bling
Sr Midas Sup +++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score

Goldhedge

Retired
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score

Ted Deutch to resign from Congress to lead American Jewish Committee​

Alex Rogers headshot

By Alex Rogers, CNN
February 28, 2022

Rep. Ted Deutch, a Democrat from Florida, questions witnesses during a House Committee on Foreign Affairs in Washington in September 2020.

(CNN)Florida Rep. Ted Deutch announced on Monday he will not seek reelection in November, the latest in a string of Democratic members of Congress who have decided to retire or seek another office in a challenging political environment.

Deutch has represented Fort Lauderdale since winning his first election in 2010. He will resign from office this fall to serve as the next Chief Executive Officer of the American Jewish Committee.

Deutch, the chairman of the House Ethics Committee and member of the Foreign Affairs and Judiciary committees, became an outspoken advocate for gun control measures following the 2018 mass shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in his district.

"Our community was profoundly changed on February 14, 2018," said Deutch in a statement. "Seventeen students and teachers of Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School were killed that day, and I have tried every day since to be there for their families and to help them honor the memories of their loved ones in all the ways they are working to make our schools and community safer."

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
DOUCHE is leaving? Good.

His logic: "If it saves just one child..." <-- Blanket justification (in his opinion) for ANY restrictive "law" he can come up with.

DodgebyDave

Metal Messiah
Midas Member
Reaction score
Resigning from congress to lead a committee?

the chairman of the House Ethics Committee

bwah!

DodgebyDave

Metal Messiah
Midas Member
Reaction score
I was listening to Trump this morning........he made the comment that

it's not so much that Putin is smart. It's that Biden is that stupid.

Ethics just gets in the way of the narrative

when you own a big chunk of the bloody third world the babies just come with the scenery

I am off to check for birdseed........I won't find any after these imbecilic bastards get us nuked

Uglytruth

Mother Lode Found
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
Mother Lode
Reaction score

ed Deutch becomes 31st House Democrat to announce retirement from Congress​

BY MYCHAEL SCHNELL - 02/28/22 01:37 PM EST 486

Rep. Ted Deutch (Fla.) announced on Monday that he will not run for reelection in November, becoming the 31st House Democrat to announce they will not run for reelection in the lower chamber in November.
Deutch will become the CEO of the American Jewish Committee (AJC), and in his statement he highlighted an “unprecedented rise in antisemitism” in the U.S. and around the globe.
Deutch, 55, has represented Florida in Congress since 2010 but moved to the 22nd Congressional District from the 21st in 2017 after redistricting.
The race before Deutch's announcement was not considered competitive by The Cook Political Report, and Deutsch won with 56 percent of the vote in 2020.
CBS Miami first reported on Deutch’s decision to not run for reelection. Deutch plans to stay in Congress until Sept. 30, when the House is set to go on recess ahead of the midterm elections.
“Beyond foreign policy, we have also seen an unprecedented rise in antisemitism in our own country and abroad, and I have been at the forefront of the Congressional response as the founding co-chair of the House Bipartisan Task Force for Combating Antisemitism,” Deutch said in his announcement.
“This critical work, and the opportunity to do it on a global scale, is why I am announcing that I will not be running for re-election to Congress as I have accepted an offer to serve as the next Chief Executive Officer of the American Jewish Committee,” he added.
Democrats are facing tough headwinds ahead of this year's midterm elections and are widely expected to lose the House majority, a factor that is likely playing a role in the rush of retirements that have been announced this cycle. Republicans only need to flip five seats to take control of the House this November.
For comparison, only 13 House Republicans have said they will not run for reelection this cycle, and two other GOP lawmakers resigned in recent months to take jobs in the private sector.
Deutch currently serves as the Chair of the House Ethics Committee and the House Foreign Affairs Subcommittee on the Middle East, North Africa, and Global Counterterrorism. He is also a senior member of the House Judiciary Committee.
The AJC said its 28-member Executive Council unanimously selected Deutch to be the organization's next CEO after an “extensive national search” for a successor to current CEO David Harris, who will remain with the group as a consultant for one year once Deutch takes the reins to help with a “seamless transition.” The group said it selected Deutch because of his demonstrated passion for Jewish matters, support for the State of Israel and extensive foreign policy experience, among other aspects.
AJC President Harriet Schleifer said Dutch’s “deep and lifelong commitment to the Jewish community, Israel, and to the protection of democratic values is obvious to all who know him” in a statement announcing his hire.
The AJC is a global Jewish advocacy organization that aims to have an influence on policy and opinions for key issues facing Jewish individuals. Deutch worked on issues important to the Jewish community during his tenure in Congress: he authored bills that bolstered Israel's security and was a founding Co-Chair of the House Bipartisan Taskforce for Combating Antisemitism, among other efforts.

Goldhedge

Retired
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score

China's No. 2 Leader Li Keqiang Announces Plans To Step Down

As President Xi prepares to formally accept a third term as the PROC's paramount political leader in November (marking the first time since Mao that a Chinese leader would have served for such a long time), it looks like the Politburo has found another more appropriate sacrifice: China's Premier Li Keqiang will step down, according to an announcement made Friday during an important annual CCP news conference.

Goldhedge

Retired
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score

Ontario's key vaccine passport adviser resigns, leaves Canada​

A week after Rebel News reported on his connections to the pharmaceutical industry, Dr. Peter Jüni announced he's taking a job at Oxford University in England.

The media continues to amplify the “experts” at the Ontario Science Table (OST) without disclosing their declared conflicts of interest. Those same experts lobby and advise the Ontario government on pandemic policy unchecked. Oddly enough, a mere week after I reported on the directors’ conflicts, he announced his resignation from the OST and subsequent plans to leave the country.

In a report that I did that went out on March 7, 2022 outlining Dr. Peter Jüni, the scientific director of the OST and his conflicts of interest, I highlighted his connections to the medical biotechnology space and pharmaceutical industries.

Goldhedge

Retired
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
The power of the pussy cat strikes again

Hillsong Founder Brian Houston Fully Resigns After Church Board Reveals Indiscretions With Two Women​

March 23, 2022

image-45-696x391.jpg
Screenshot: YouTube

Hillsong founder Brian Houston has resigned from the church he founded nearly four decades ago following an internal investigation by the board in which they say they uncovered breaches of conduct on the megachurch pastor’s part involving two women.

“We understand there will be much emotion at this news, and we all share these feelings. Irrespective of the circumstances around this, we can all agree that Brian and Bobbie have served God faithfully over many decades and that their ministry has resulted in millions of people across the world being impacted by the power, grace, and love of Jesus Christ,” the church wrote in a statement on their website, as CBN News reported.

“Hillsong Church was birthed out of Brian and Bobbie’s obedience and commitment to the call of God and we are extremely grateful for all that Brian and Bobbie have given to build His house. We ask that you continue to pray for them, and the entire Houston family, during this challenging time,” the statement continued.

According to the board, the first incident occurred over 10 years ago and involved inappropriate text messages that Houston had sent to a female staff member who later resigned.

The second occurred in 2019, when Houston entered the hotel room of a woman who was not his wife, where he remained for 40 minutes.
Both Houston and the woman deny that anything sexual happened, but the board was clear that the conduct still raised “serious concern.”

In both incidents, Houston is said to have been under the influence of sleeping pills, to which he had developed a dependence.

The church also sent a letter to the congregation explaining Houston had resigned over the “indiscretions.”

“We have sadly been dealing with two complaints made against Pastor Brian over the last 10 years,” the board said in the letter that was also posted to the church’s website.

“We apologize unreservedly to the people affected by Pastor Brian’s actions and commit to being available for any further assistance we can provide,” the board continued.

The board also told church members that Houston agreed to “take specific action including stepping down from leadership for a period. However unfortunately he failed to take all of the agreed steps which resulted in further action being taken by the board in late 2021.”

Houston is currently facing charges involving his alleged concealment of his father’s sexual abuse of a child in the 1970s, which had prompted him to step back from ministry duties last year.

“Like many other churches of its size, Hillsong’s governance model has historically placed significant control in the hands of the senior pastor, but we recognize that the way we do things needs to be reviewed,” the board also said.

engineear

Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
The power of the pussy cat strikes again

Hillsong Founder Brian Houston Fully Resigns After Church Board Reveals Indiscretions With Two Women​

March 23, 2022

image-45-696x391.jpg
Screenshot: YouTube

Hillsong founder Brian Houston has resigned from the church he founded nearly four decades ago following an internal investigation by the board in which they say they uncovered breaches of conduct on the megachurch pastor’s part involving two women.

“We understand there will be much emotion at this news, and we all share these feelings. Irrespective of the circumstances around this, we can all agree that Brian and Bobbie have served God faithfully over many decades and that their ministry has resulted in millions of people across the world being impacted by the power, grace, and love of Jesus Christ,” the church wrote in a statement on their website, as CBN News reported.

“Hillsong Church was birthed out of Brian and Bobbie’s obedience and commitment to the call of God and we are extremely grateful for all that Brian and Bobbie have given to build His house. We ask that you continue to pray for them, and the entire Houston family, during this challenging time,” the statement continued.

According to the board, the first incident occurred over 10 years ago and involved inappropriate text messages that Houston had sent to a female staff member who later resigned.

The second occurred in 2019, when Houston entered the hotel room of a woman who was not his wife, where he remained for 40 minutes.
Both Houston and the woman deny that anything sexual happened, but the board was clear that the conduct still raised “serious concern.”

In both incidents, Houston is said to have been under the influence of sleeping pills, to which he had developed a dependence.

The church also sent a letter to the congregation explaining Houston had resigned over the “indiscretions.”

“We have sadly been dealing with two complaints made against Pastor Brian over the last 10 years,” the board said in the letter that was also posted to the church’s website.

“We apologize unreservedly to the people affected by Pastor Brian’s actions and commit to being available for any further assistance we can provide,” the board continued.

The board also told church members that Houston agreed to “take specific action including stepping down from leadership for a period. However unfortunately he failed to take all of the agreed steps which resulted in further action being taken by the board in late 2021.”

Houston is currently facing charges involving his alleged concealment of his father’s sexual abuse of a child in the 1970s, which had prompted him to step back from ministry duties last year.

“Like many other churches of its size, Hillsong’s governance model has historically placed significant control in the hands of the senior pastor, but we recognize that the way we do things needs to be reviewed,” the board also said.

Leaves with full benefits and a copy of a laptop....

Thecrensh

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score

ed Deutch becomes 31st House Democrat to announce retirement from Congress​

BY MYCHAEL SCHNELL - 02/28/22 01:37 PM EST 486

Rep. Ted Deutch (Fla.) announced on Monday that he will not run for reelection in November, becoming the 31st House Democrat to announce they will not run for reelection in the lower chamber in November.
Deutch will become the CEO of the American Jewish Committee (AJC), and in his statement he highlighted an “unprecedented rise in antisemitism” in the U.S. and around the globe.
Deutch, 55, has represented Florida in Congress since 2010 but moved to the 22nd Congressional District from the 21st in 2017 after redistricting.
The race before Deutch's announcement was not considered competitive by The Cook Political Report, and Deutsch won with 56 percent of the vote in 2020.
CBS Miami first reported on Deutch’s decision to not run for reelection. Deutch plans to stay in Congress until Sept. 30, when the House is set to go on recess ahead of the midterm elections.
“Beyond foreign policy, we have also seen an unprecedented rise in antisemitism in our own country and abroad, and I have been at the forefront of the Congressional response as the founding co-chair of the House Bipartisan Task Force for Combating Antisemitism,” Deutch said in his announcement.
“This critical work, and the opportunity to do it on a global scale, is why I am announcing that I will not be running for re-election to Congress as I have accepted an offer to serve as the next Chief Executive Officer of the American Jewish Committee,” he added.
Democrats are facing tough headwinds ahead of this year's midterm elections and are widely expected to lose the House majority, a factor that is likely playing a role in the rush of retirements that have been announced this cycle. Republicans only need to flip five seats to take control of the House this November.
For comparison, only 13 House Republicans have said they will not run for reelection this cycle, and two other GOP lawmakers resigned in recent months to take jobs in the private sector.
Deutch currently serves as the Chair of the House Ethics Committee and the House Foreign Affairs Subcommittee on the Middle East, North Africa, and Global Counterterrorism. He is also a senior member of the House Judiciary Committee.
The AJC said its 28-member Executive Council unanimously selected Deutch to be the organization's next CEO after an “extensive national search” for a successor to current CEO David Harris, who will remain with the group as a consultant for one year once Deutch takes the reins to help with a “seamless transition.” The group said it selected Deutch because of his demonstrated passion for Jewish matters, support for the State of Israel and extensive foreign policy experience, among other aspects.
AJC President Harriet Schleifer said Dutch’s “deep and lifelong commitment to the Jewish community, Israel, and to the protection of democratic values is obvious to all who know him” in a statement announcing his hire.
The AJC is a global Jewish advocacy organization that aims to have an influence on policy and opinions for key issues facing Jewish individuals. Deutch worked on issues important to the Jewish community during his tenure in Congress: he authored bills that bolstered Israel's security and was a founding Co-Chair of the House Bipartisan Taskforce for Combating Antisemitism, among other efforts.
I wonder if he is related to that guy they have on MSNBC - Donny Deutch?