• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

Himmler's Sniper Presentation Sauer 38H Pistol

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
GIM Hall Of Fame
Himmler's Sniper Presentation Sauer 38H Pistol
Forgotten Weapons

Published on Aug 12, 2016
http://www.rockislandauction.com/view...

NOTE: The flag in the thumbnail is censored because if I use the proper one YouTube gets upset.

The pistol on display here is a Sauer model 38H (a much more common pistol in German WWII service than many people realize) that was made specially as a presentation piece. Heinrich Himmler presented these pistols to snipers who had killed 100 enemy soldiers - other prizes were offered for 50 (a leave from the front and a nice watch) and 150 (a hunting trip with Himmler himself). For 100, it appears that a sniper was given a choice of binoculars, hunting rifle, or these pistols.

How many were actually made and how many were actually awarded is not clear. The serial number of known examples are in a range from 475396 (which is this one) to 475409. Clearly, they were all made in once batch and then awarded as Himmler saw fit. An interesting artifact of the Nazi Party's interaction with the German military!

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
GIM Hall Of Fame
Blurred-out Flag Controversy
Forgotten Weapons

I don't like censorship. If you do, by all means stay on YouTube. But if you don't, consider supporting an alternative firearms video platform: Full30.com.

http://www.full30.com

the_shootist

Old Pasty White Guy
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Blurred-out Flag Controversy
Forgotten Weapons

I don't like censorship. If you do, by all means stay on YouTube. But if you don't, consider supporting an alternative firearms video platform: Full30.com.

http://www.full30.com
Unbelievable....someone actually was offended? What a fucking world we live in. Oh my God!!!

the_shootist

Old Pasty White Guy
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
People can say what they want, I get all the stuff about the Nazi items being taboo and all. They had some of the coolest looking shit though.
Sometime it's hard to see the line that separates taboo and censorship

nickndfl

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
People are being changed socially. Look at all of the freaks on MSNBC. The men look and dress like lesbians while the women look like tomboys. People are being programmed to react to anything controversial where the flight mechanism kicks in and they retreat to their safe zones allowing those in control to fool the masses.