• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

Hip Replacement

TAEZZAR

LADY JUSTICE ISNT BLIND, SHES JUST AFRAID TO WATCH
Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Survivor
Reaction score
What a pain in the back, legs, arms. Hurt so good and I enjoyed every second of it. I really need pay attention to how I maneuver. Had to catch myself often from falling over.

HH, PROGRESS, your most important feat !
You are one tough/determined dude !! My hat goes off to you.
I know what you mean by "Hurt so good ". Sometimes ya just gotta get out & do something.
Thanks for the update & I wish you continued great progress ! Just don't over do it ! :2 thumbs up: :thumbs up 2::finished:

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++
Reaction score
Waiting to hear from surgeon about the series of blood draws over the past few weeks. As far as I know I will need at least one more. Am told he is looking at inflammation markers. I assured him even on my best day, those will be elevated thanks to arthritis. What ever it is he's looking for will tell the tale of if there is still an infection or not. Thanks to the 3D imaging of my most recent CT scan, he knows what kind of part that will be attached to my pelvis to accept the ball joint to make. It will be a triflange custom made instead of a cup. Still not sure of when this will be installed but I do hope it's long before the snow starts falling.

Big day for me today, although it may not seem much to anyone else. I went into my back yard for the first time since the very beginning of June. There is a back door off the kitchen that goes onto a small deck. It was a big accomplishment back in the early days just to be able to take that 4" difference in floor height to even get on the deck. Mind you, every step I take requires the use of the walker, my good leg and my arms. Crutches probably could be used but I really don't need to chance falling and breaking that unattached leg. There are 4 treads to get to the ground and without a handrail, I have not attempted to go that route. I may try scootching down on my ass tomorrow.

I ended up going out the front door, through the yard trudging over the fallen apples, through the gate. It's not only like I just wanted to be there even though it is a good place to hang out, there is work to be done. My oldest brother has been coming to mow the lawn every other week since June. Leaves in the back yard are just about all down. So I wanted to clear the pool area of leaves. That has 1/4" stone but no longer the 18' round above ground pool. I got the electric blower, hooked up the 50' cord and went to work blowing the leaves out of that area and into the grass. My push mower has mulching blades and a bag so I am able to transport the clippings to the compost pile. The project took up most of the afternoon. Dragging the cord, trying not to get it wrapped around my walker or the furniture around the fire pit, using the blower one handed. What a pain in the back, legs, arms. Hurt so good and I enjoyed every second of it. I really need pay attention to how I maneuver. Had to catch myself often from falling over.

Hoping to fire up the pit tomorrow or Friday night and sit out there with my wife.
We're all keeping a close eye on you bro, especially those of us who are joint replacement veterans! I'm celebrating your progress today !!!

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
I am about 15% metal, but all the parts work... sorta. I walk without a limp, don't pass blood or sharp rocks, I can hear well (becuz of my sooper new space-age hearing aids), and do not have any dental problems

To be accurate, though... While the parts work... they mostly all hurt.

TAEZZAR

LADY JUSTICE ISNT BLIND, SHES JUST AFRAID TO WATCH
Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Survivor
Reaction score

Avalon

The most courageous act is to think for yourself
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
wow, you have been through some stuff Hammerhead. Those infections are tenacious. Let us know how things progress.

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++
Reaction score
wow, you have been through some stuff Hammerhead. Those infections are tenacious. Let us know how things progress.
HH is a New Englander....tough as nails!!!

hammerhead

Morphing
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
I am about 15% metal, but all the parts work... sorta. I walk without a limp, don't pass blood or sharp rocks, I can hear well (becuz of my sooper new space-age hearing aids), and do not have any dental problems

To be accurate, though... While the parts work... they mostly all hurt.
Tell us more, Unca ! :2 thumbs up: :2 thumbs up:
You're going to have to type loudly, Unca.

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++
Reaction score