• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

holding cash and the great reset

Avalon

The most courageous act is to think for yourself
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
I just wanted to get thoughts on the banking reset. I have no doubt it is coming. I'm not quite sure what it means except digital currency and electronic tracking. What thoughts do you have on holding cash? Is it wise to get out of cash all together? Besides gold what do you do with cash at this time?

Last edited:

CopperSilverGold

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Reaction score
I just wanted to get the thoughts on the banking reset. I have no doubt it is coming. I'm not quite sure what it means except digital currency and electronic tracking. What thoughts do you have on holding cash? Is it wise to get out of cash all together? Besides gold what do you do with cash at this time?

Buy silver, gold, ammo, and top off your preps. I am keeping just enough cash to pay immediate bills at this time.

Avalon

Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Buy silver, gold, ammo, and top off your preps. I am keeping just enough cash to pay immediate bills at this ti

Buy silver, gold, ammo, and top off your preps. I am keeping just enough cash to pay immediate bills at this time.
My weird youtube guy Ralph Smart who has been calling things on pointe for several years says prepare for fake food crisis cuz its coming next. He suggests not only growing your own food but seriously learning to eat less. I can imagine nothing more frightening than a hungry American. It is not something most people in this country have experienced. If people lost their mind over a virus can you imagine food scarcity ?

Ebie

Midas Member
Midas Member
Reaction score
I just wanted to get thoughts on the banking reset. I have no doubt it is coming. I'm not quite sure what it means except digital currency and electronic tracking. What thoughts do you have on holding cash? Is it wise to get out of cash all together? Besides gold what do you do with cash at this time?
No brainer:
Digital dollar coming.
Cash will be outlawed.
Many of the details and timing are not certain.

CopperSilverGold

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Reaction score
My weird youtube guy Ralph Smart who has been calling things on pointe for several years says prepare for fake food crisis cuz its coming next. He suggests not only growing your own food but seriously learning to eat less. I can imagine nothing more frightening than a hungry American. It is not something most people in this country have experienced. If people lost their mind over a virus can you imagine food scarcity ?

I am sure you have heard of 72 hours to anarchy? If people go hungry, all bets are off on people acting civilized.

the_shootist

I identify as already vaccinated so I'm good!
Midas Member
Sr Midas Supporter +++
Reaction score
I am sure you have heard of 72 hours to anarchy? If people go hungry, all bets are off on people acting civilized.
This is where the guns/ammo part of your prepping comes in

the_shootist

Midas Member
Sr Midas Supporter +++
Reaction score
No brainer:
Digital dollar coming.
Cash will be outlawed.
Many of the details and timing are not certain.
You just talked (sceered) me into ordering 100 more ounces

the_shootist

Midas Member
Sr Midas Supporter +++
Reaction score
Exactly. I should probably go out and acquire some in case I need to shoot someone in the knee. I doubt that any social workers will be readily available in a crisis.
Do you know what they call someone who aims to injure an attacker rather than to eliminate the threat?

DED!

Last edited:

Avalon

Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
yep... Also thinking an electrical or at least internet black out will go with it. This is why every household needs a food stash and at least one weapon. I can only imagine how ugly it would be if you had to go out.

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
Exactly. I should probably go out and acquire some in case I need to shoot someone in the knee. I doubt that any social workers will be readily available in a crisis.
Knee ? Really ? ACTS of aggression may be met with aggression. Until the aggression towards you is ceased "Hopalong" is still dangerous to you, yours, and friends.
Room Temperature and horizontal ends all acts of aggression.
Sorry excuse to leave your family and loved ones " Its Over, I shot him in the knee". And it fits easy on your tombstone. :bang head:

hammerhead

Morphing
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
What makes anyone think the property they pay rent to the municipality to make their homestead will be theirs also? Paid off mortgage or claims to title will be null and void. Reset will change the rules all across the spectrum.

hammerhead

Morphing
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
Knee ? Really ? ACTS of aggression may be met with aggression. Until the aggression towards you is ceased "Hopalong" is still dangerous to you, yours, and friends.
Sorry excuse to leave your family and loved ones " Its Over, I shot him in the knee". And it fits easy on your tombstone. :bang head:
I do believe he was being humorous. Everyone knows to aim for the head.

the_shootist

Midas Member
Sr Midas Supporter +++
Reaction score

Avalon

Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
What makes anyone think the property they pay rent to the municipality to make their homestead will be theirs also? Paid off mortgage or claims to title will be null and void. Reset will change the rules all across the spectrum.
You will own nothing and you will like it. I find the comments under the video very encouraging. There are many people who see.

CopperSilverGold

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Reaction score

It was taking a stab at 46.

ttazzman

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score

if they start taking real property ...it will be anarchy....but they can certainly take control of your Note....and make it un-tendable........i am of the thought process that you either need to be 100% leveraged or 100% paid off .....anywhere in between they have you by the balls........i get visions of the BLM -Bundy/rancher standoff over BLM leases (another reason they need to ban guns)

hammerhead

Morphing
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
if they start taking real property ...it will be anarchy....but they can certainly take control of your Note....and make it un-tendable........i am of the thought process that you either need to be 100% leveraged or 100% paid off .....anywhere in between they have you by the balls........i get visions of the BLM -Bundy/rancher standoff over BLM leases (another reason they need to ban guns)
What would the medium we use for transactions be replaced with añd how would it be distributed? Social scoring system perhaps.

WillA2

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score

AurumAg

Ag mirror of truth Aurum purity of mind
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Midas Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Cash is going to be worth less... and less...

Just as 30 years ago $20 would buy you a weeks worth of groceries that $300 could barely accomplish today.

The adage goes like this: Back in 1929 if you buried a $20 bill and a $20 gold coin and you dug them up today... what would you have?

Avalon

Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Cash is going to be worth less... and less...

Just as 30 years ago $20 would buy you a weeks worth of groceries that $300 could barely accomplish today.

The adage goes like this: Back in 1929 if you buried a $20 bill and a $20 gold coin and you dug them up today... what would you have?thats what I fear.
that's what I am afraid of. I am sitting on a huge pile of cash and all I see is the government trying to find a way to get it. I need to do something. We already have land and my weapons and perps are in decent shape. The house is in serious need of repairs so some can go there. I do not understand digital currency well enough to buy it. It that the way to to go? I think its hard for me to buy more gold and silver since I bought most of my stuff when gold was 1,000 and oz and silver was cheap. Perhaps I need to mentality adjust to golds today price and buy more? I just need to do something.

FADEAWAY

Reaction score
I agree about the fact that millions of people who dont understand or dont have means or ability to use digital currency
Will be screwed royaly. !! This could be the final straw that pushes us over the edge.

chris_is_here

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Reaction score
that's what I am afraid of. I am sitting on a huge pile of cash and all I see is the government trying to find a way to get it. I need to do something. We already have land and my weapons and perps are in decent shape. The house is in serious need of repairs so some can go there. I do not understand digital currency well enough to buy it. It that the way to to go? I think its hard for me to buy more gold and silver since I bought most of my stuff when gold was 1,000 and oz and silver was cheap. Perhaps I need to mentality adjust to golds today price and buy more? I just need to do something.

Avalon, the single greatest thing you can do for yourself and your family is to make sure you are hooked into a group of like-minded people. When the shit hits the fan, we know we will be on our own. The police will go home to protect their own families and we'll be at the mercy of rogue gangs and government thugs. I'm not sure gold, silver, or even having a food stash will do an iota of good if you don't have some way to protect yourselves. Being armed and ready is indeed critical, but you can't go it alone.

GOLDBRIX

Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
NO! You aim for Center Mass, You want to make sure you hit your target and not someone out of sight behind him.
Once the perp is horizontal with the ground as a backstop THEN "Mozambique".
A body is evidence but it can not testify.
What you want is Your side of the story, The investigators'side of the story ONLY. No third party perp attempting to muddy up the facts.

GOLDBRIX

Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
Ya never know when some fresh eye PINKO stumbles onto this board and is converted. Baby steps ya know.

the_shootist

Midas Member
Sr Midas Supporter +++
Reaction score
1617972436417.png

Brio

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I've had cause to be very glad I keep a stash of cash on hand. When .gov eliminates cash there will be a huge underground demand for it.
Gold -> backed fiat -> unbacked fiat -> digital.
Which still has value?

Ensoniq

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Midas Supporter +++
Reaction score
I think they’ll be a transition period to exit cash but I’m still holding some anyway.

I’m concerned about private ownership of companies (I.e. stock market)

Early in a takeover (I,e Venezuelan method) they nationalize companies

Cash is noise compared to the equities market

ttazzman

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
I've had cause to be very glad I keep a stash of cash on hand. When .gov eliminates cash there will be a huge underground demand for it.
Gold -> backed fiat -> unbacked fiat -> digital.
Which still has value?

if gov eliminates and quits backing cash it will revert to its intrinsic value of being a small piece of paper, good for starting fires and such

ttazzman

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score

I sometimes find my self with the "i just need to do something" stress....i think sometimes it comes from feeling responsible for others.....but i review my life.....i dont know the future.....i see that i have done all i can with the resources i have and knowledge i have .....i am quite happy my children are responsible independant adults and good decision makers (thats a huge relief) .........i feel somewhat certain i can adjust to what life brings much better than 99% of the population the most uncertain thing in my life is Ageing Health ..... sometimes its ok to just turn off the news and relax and go outside and walk in nature alone with your thoughts .....and live with a attitude of Joy not fear

Buck

Trying Something Different!
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
I just need to do something.
No, You Don't!

think about that for a moment and apply it to the point you don't ever panic...

relax and remember, sometimes doing nothing is better

most think something similar

Buck

Trying Something Different!
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
if gov eliminates and quits backing cash it will revert to its intrinsic value of being a small piece of paper, good for starting fires and such
don't be fooled:

this one is from robbers:
1617993394906.png

this one is from a government
1617993490781.png

the_shootist

Midas Member
Sr Midas Supporter +++
Reaction score
Same here. Putting cash into uplifting the house. Preps well stocked, guns, ammo, food water...hell we even have freeze dried ice cream sandwiches (and they're really good too). I feel the same as you re: metals. I'm pretty much in the same boat although it seems to me I probably got into PMs at a little higher price point than you.

The only debt we have is the mortgage and that's not high considering so I might throw some FRNs at that although I'm also thinking I would wait until we get a little closer to the time the dollar collapses.

If I can't convert it all I guess I'll simply have to live with that. As someone here has said, I (and you it sounds like) will be better off than 99% of the people out there.

Take a breath, sit back and pour yourself a cold one. You done good!

One hint: I've heard interacting with hookers and blow can eliminate the problem of too much cash on hand pretty quickly.