• Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
  • There are no markets
  • "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Holy s!$+. My credit score just plunged.

Irons

Deep Sixed
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
When my roommate Sammy added my name (and FICO score) to his auto insurance, his monthly premium went down. Seems that auto insurers believe that people who care for their money and pay their bills on time are probably more careful with their cars as well.
Michigan is like that too. Auto, homeowners insurance even licence plates are all higher and harder to get if your credit sucks.

ErrosionOfAccord

#1 Global Warmer
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Thinking about it again. When I opened the second card last year my score dropped to the 780s and bounced back about six months later. In fact I took on the second card because I knew the House note was going to die. At the time I recognized a structural change to my report would probably bang the gong. This is also a structural change wherein I paid a rather large sum to kill a debt. My guess is that it bounces back In Six months.

Gd phone

Thecrensh

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
I had a boss last year who was worth almost $50M....but paid cash for everything. He couldn't get a car loan because his credit was terrible.

Krag

Planet earth
Platinum Bling
My rating was a little under 800, I bought some certified gold coins, paid back the amount in a couple weeks, by rating dropped to about 710. It makes no sense.

For years when I wasn't filing taxes, moving tens of thousands of dollars through a checking account, using the debit card, I didn't have much of a credit rating. I did the right thing, kept my customers happy, paid my debts quickly. The banksters don't like that.

ErrosionOfAccord

#1 Global Warmer
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Five months later and my score has bounced back an incredible two points. I now sit at 774. Credit bureaus can KMA.

Agavegirl1

Silver Miner
Platinum Bling
Sr Site Supporter
Even though hubby and I have credit scores in the 800s, we don’t care about the score because we have no intention of taking on debt. The only reason you need it to take on debt.

newmisty

Duppy Conqueror
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Even though hubby and I have credit scores in the 800s, we don’t care about the score because we have no intention of taking on debt. The only reason you need it to take on debt.
Yeah just ask the guys subscribed to those newsletters telling them to "Back up the truck" and "It can only go up!" ....
trolls.png

Juristic Person

They drew first blood
Platinum Bling
That's the key word. Person. You are not a person, you have a person. It's the Corporate Entity (Your all caps name) that actually has a "credit score", not the flesh and blood human being. Contracts.
Bingo

Krag

Planet earth
Platinum Bling
I had a couple recent coin--related snafus, one with a credit card the other with my BoA account, and both seem to defy rational solution. I worked up the legal food chain, first with the financial institutions then with the state oversight and the CFPB.

The first case, I bought a coin on ebay of over $1700 from a Nebraska company, nothing indicated that there were going to be any extra charges; I got zapped with a 3% transaction fee on my credit card plus interest. The seller said that they were also charged the standard paypal fee. After thoroughly hashing it out with the credit card and paypal, it turns out that the seller had set up their account with paypal when registering "the seller chose financial services and products as the main category, and currency dealers and currency exchange" as the subcategory. Then they say had the seller chosen "arts, crafts and collectibles" as the category and "stamp and coin" as the subcategory the charges would not have been assessed by my MC. But I've never seen that problem before in many, many transactions.

The other issue was with BoA where I deposited a $3K plus check from a major auction company on Monday; and soon thereafter I see that a hold has been put on it until the 16th. Never happened before. I spoke with reps and supervisors at BoA who said that a risk assessment was made based on the account of the check, and that was the reason for the hold. Meanwhile I filed a report with the CFPB that said they have to hear back from BoA first. Weird. I have never had a hold placed on a check like this by BoA before.

Ironically, I was going to pay off one of my BoA credit cards with that check.

Last edited:

ErrosionOfAccord

#1 Global Warmer
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
BoA sucks. A former employer used them. In 2003 I went to get cash on my Rio Tinto check drafted straight from one of their accounts and they wanted to charge me 5 or 10 dollars. I wouldn't do business with any of the large banks but BoA is at the top of the heap of suck.