• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

How’s Your Weather?

lumpOgold

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Looks like a nice forecast for working in the woods. Might be a bit sweaty tomorrow, but through the 4th I should have some nice work days.

1530305827952.png

davycoppitt

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter ++
Outdoor air sensor on the unit I was working all day 108. damn it was a rough day. Oh the people down below were very unhappy they had to sit with fans running in 78 degrees.

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Not too bad yesterday, high 80's and a bit humid. Low 90's today and less humid than yesterday.

Gonna get a bit warm tomorrow, mid 90's and more humid.

Sunday maybe 100 and humid.

Supposed to stay in the 90's until next Friday.

Glad I had the A/C tuned up this week.

It's summer in the city.

Fierce 'heat dome' to bring scorching temperatures in excess of 100F across central and eastern US into the weekend with 18 states issuing advisories to stay inside

• Dangerous 'heat domes' are expected to cover much of the US over the weekend and into next week, spanning from Arizona to Maine
  • Up to 18 states have already issued heat advisories ahead of the July 4 holiday
  • Cooling stations have been requested for urban cities like St. Louis, Chicago and Detroit
  • Officials have advised those celebrating Independence Day Wednesday to stay hydrated as the heat wave is expected to hang around until Thursday
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...eastern-cities-rush-set-cooling-stations.html

ttazzman

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Was 97 yesterday....humid...110 heat index.........normally i would hide ..but due to a death in family...been doing estate stuff ...all moving n lifting no ac....ugggg......also gotta cut a bit o hay.....feeling old n slow

Bottom Feeder

Hypophthalmichthys molitrix
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Yeah, and the breeze off Puget Sound is always a nice cool breeze — the water temp stays about the same (50° ± 5°) all year round.

BF

andial

((( member )))
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
76 mostly sunny slight breeze.

Professur

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Heat wave coming in. It's going to be Death Valley here for the next week

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Hit 98 yesterday, Probably going to be over 100 today.

Sunday scorcher! Health warnings for tens of millions of Americans as 'relentless' record-breaking temperatures grip the country and are expected to last through the whole holiday week

• Dangerous 'heat domes' are covering much of the US Sunday and into next week, spanning from Arizona to Maine
  • Record breaking temperatures are so high that one Wisconsin newscaster was able to bake cookies in his 170-degree car
  • Up to 18 states have already issued heat advisories ahead of the July 4 holiday while afternoon highs are expected to be 10 to 20 degrees above normal
  • Cooling stations have been requested for urban cities like St. Louis, Chicago and Detroit
  • Officials have advised those celebrating Independence Day Wednesday to stay hydrated as the heat wave is expected to hang around until Thursday
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5905007/Hot-bake-cookies-Heatwave-rages-US.html

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Rare summer nor'easter headed towards the East Coast expected to slam New York, Baltimore and Philadelphia with heavy rain, thunderstorms and TORNADOES

• A rare summer nor'eater will hit the East Coast starting Saturday and into Sunday
  • Areas such as New York, New York, Philadelphia and Baltimore can expect heavy rain, severe thunderstorms and possible tornadoes
  • The storm is expected to begin in New York around 4pm on Saturday and last until Sunday
  • Flash flood warnings have been issued for several area including most of New Jersey and Philadelphia
  • The southern part of the US has been experiencing record-breaking temperatures
  • Next week, Phoenix, Palm Springs and Las Vegas will see temperatures soar past 100 for several days in a row
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ected-slam-area-heavy-rain-thunderstorms.html

Ragnarok

I'd rather be
Midas Member
F039BEA4-0207-4974-9A09-C2CAAC803F9D.jpeg

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
The storms that hit Iowa re-configured into Central Kentucky yesterday afternoon. Two heavy squaw lines came through Central Kentucky. One around 5:00pm and another around 9:30pm.
100,000+ were without power according to LG&E - Kentucky Utilities last night and this afternoon (7/21) still 40,000 still out in Lexington.
Fortunately I am on Bluegrass RECC and my power stayed and remained on.
My home is on the border between the two power companies. My side of the road has power. Those on the other side were dark late last night, and this after noon homes and a local shopping center were still dark w/ LexPD directing traffic at intersections.
Same line went through Georgia over night and morning and going into Tallahassee, Florida just a few hours ago.

Outside of that it has been a wonderful 24 hours.

mtnman

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
1532212131688.png

GOLDBRIX

Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
But, but, ITS A DRY Heat. :laughing:

ttazzman

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Finally — a nice week in snowflake city, USA

my son is hiking the PCT this wkend........i told him he needed to toughen up and come get some of this 95+/80% humidity weather and see how many miles he could go :) ........ heat index yesterday was over 110......humidity is a killer for sure.............Great Snowflake weather there sir....im envious

Bottom Feeder

Hypophthalmichthys molitrix
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
I've spent some time on that trail.
In my (much) younger years.
When it wasn't packed with so damn many people.
<sigh>
BF

GOLDBRIX

Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Well, DAY 2.5 and according to the news 17,000 people still do not have power in Lexington, Ky. itself. No information on the outlying Central Kentucky area.
Driving around I saw a cop car using cables from his engine into a elecrical box to keep power to the lights at a four way intersection.
First time I ever saw that.

ErrosionOfAccord

#1 Global Warmer
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
Oddly wet in Wyoming. Rains just about everyday in the evening when thunderstorms break out. This place should be bitching about fires by now but it’s still pretty green out there. I’d call it a little cooler than normal but according to average temps we are where we should be. This indicates to me that the decade I’ve been here has been warmer than normal. My biggest gripe about the area is sub freezing highs during the winter. Hoping this summer doesn’t portend a cold winter.

Po'boy

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Oddly wet in Wyoming. Rains just about everyday in the evening when thunderstorms break out. This place should be bitching about fires by now but it’s still pretty green out there. I’d call it a little cooler than normal but according to average temps we are where we should be. This indicates to me that the decade I’ve been here has been warmer than normal. My biggest gripe about the area is sub freezing highs during the winter. Hoping this summer doesn’t portend a cold winter.
Every winter in WY is cold!
Was in Sheridan on a ranch few years back one weekend it snowed 30+ inches.
Hell no.

ErrosionOfAccord

#1 Global Warmer
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
I was at a dude ranch for a wedding October 6th of ‘13, if I remember right. It’s up above Sheridan. We got 30 inches and the wedding was ruined. Got home from the wedding and the top was out of one of my trees. I hate weddings, especially my own.

GOLDBRIX

Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Been pretty hot and humid here the past month. Around 100 in Philly today. Supposed to be in the high 70s Saturday. Can't wait.

70 million melt in surprise heatwave: Record highs bring sweaty start to US Open and forecasters warn it'll feel hotter than 100 in 11 states tomorrow

• A total of 11 states are under heat watches, advisories, or warnings, spanning from Arkansas to Maine
  • In New York City, where the US Open kicked off on Monday, players and spectators will endure blistering hot and humid weather
  • Photos show players covered in sweat on the court and fans wiping away the sweat in the stands
  • Parts of Missouri are listed as under an excessive heat warning
  • An excessive heat watch has been issued for Hartford, Connecticut, and Boston, where heat indices could reach anywhere between 100 and 105
  • A cold front continues to move east, leading to severe weather in the Midwest
  • Between Iowa and Michigan, damaging winds, hail and an isolated tornado are the most likely threats
  • The likeliest concerns between Kansas and Michigan include damaging winds, though hail and a few tornadoes are possible in this area
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6107251/70-million-melt-surprise-heatwave.html

pitw

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Frick'n froze here the last two mornings. Wife covered her garden plants she wanted to survive. Summers over and fall be here.

mayhem

Created in 2006
Silver Miner
Site Supporter

mayhem

Created in 2006
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
94 here today, about melted from the heat, out splitting firewood will do that! :mining:
I let the first reference to, "splitting firewood" pass, but not this time. Pics or it didn't happen.... sir
:weed:

Lt Dan

Gold Pirate
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
I let the first reference to, "splitting firewood" pass, but not this time. Pics or it didn't happen.... sir
:weed:
Oh, it happened alright, I did not take pictures this time, but I do have some old pictures of huge wood piles. I burn about 20 ton every winter, give or take depending on how bad the winter is. I feed the wood into an outdoor wood boiler, heats my home plus my son's home through the colder months. Usually start it up in November and let it out sometime in March. LP gas furnaces carry us through the milder months, then some times we'll get days we need both the furnace and the AC, it's Ohio - wait 5 minutes.