• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

How’s Your Weather?

mayhem

Created in 2006
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
Funny though,
Last few mornings, and even just now outside....
I would swear the breeze feels like mid Sept.
Very odd.
Yes sir it has been a strange summer, and I have spent 40 of them here.

mayhem

Created in 2006
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
1976 arrived over here.
42nd summer
On Nov 11, 1969, at the age of 27 I was completely broke, wife filed for divorce - I stuck my thumb out on I-95 with a cardboard sign that said "FLORIDA".

Arrived 3 weeks later and had a job within 2 days as a laborer for a drywall crew. I went back that Christmas to say so long to my 6 yr old son and 3 yr old daughter. Flew back to Ft. Lauderdale and within 2 years I owned my own drywall crew(s) and the rest is history.

I loved Fla in the 70's.

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
1536619205996.png

pitw

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
We have had a shower that is just enough to keep the combines from rolling near everyday in Sept and much the same forecast for the next 10 days. Temps at or near freezing at night and about 65F in the day. Sure makes for grumpy customers and good waterfowl hunting.

Lt Dan

Gold Pirate
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
First day of autumn is tomorrow. Expect fall like weather to roll in from somewhere west tonight, officially ending summer.
Probably be high 80s today here, weather predictions for tomorrow say mid 60s. Might even have to test out my furnace, make sure it starts etc.

Not sure if it's official or not, but this summer has been the wettest I can ever remember in this area. I am in south central Ohio, but moved here from north east PA in 1974. Friends and family back there say it's the same there, maybe the wettest or second wettest year on record.

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
First day of autumn is tomorrow. Expect fall like weather to roll in from somewhere west tonight, officially ending summer.
Probably be high 80s today here, weather predictions for tomorrow say mid 60s. Might even have to test out my furnace, make sure it starts etc.

Not sure if it's official or not, but this summer has been the wettest I can ever remember in this area. I am in south central Ohio, but moved here from north east PA in 1974. Friends and family back there say it's the same there, maybe the wettest or second wettest year on record.
YEP, This stretches down into Central Kentucky too. Something like 14 inches ABOVE normal rain averages this year.
Although we had plenty of 90 degree days NONE broke 100 here.

GOLDBRIX

Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Fn snowing out and a nice fire going in.

pitw, YOU my friend are the furthest North member / commentator I know of ( GIMMER wise). If not, I don't know who posts here regularly that is further North.

Irons

Deep Sixed
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode

YEP, This stretches down into Central Kentucky too. Something like 14 inches ABOVE normal rain averages this year.
Although we had plenty of 90 degree days NONE broke 100 here.
You two dudes must be high. The Algore said global warming was going to dry up the Great Lakes and all the rest of the fresh water and the aquifiers were gonna run dry too. We all gonna dry up a diah!

Actually the summer storms here in the mitten raised the already high water levels to way up.

2.75 trillion gallons of extra water has poured into Lake Superior in last ...
https://www.mlive.com/news/index.ssf/2018/.../summer_rains_sent_275_trillion.html
Jul 18, 2018 - "This heavy rainfall helped to raise the Lake Superior water level by 5 inches ...

GOLDBRIX

Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
You two dudes must be high. The Algore said global warming was going to dry up the Great Lakes and all the rest of the fresh water and the aquifiers were gonna run dry too. We all gonna dry up a diah!
Well, that would have made MDing easier for you but a hell, more competition.
Fortunately we know ALGore is a high level DEMONCRAT and we have learned for 18mos. all demoncrats LIE!

OBTW that mlive.com news sight is a dead lead.

Last edited:

michael59

heads up-butts down
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Still snowing.
View attachment 111623

Look at my poor poor sunflowers that grew under the bird feeder.
View attachment 111624
Oh, that is why the geese/honkers are showing up down here. The herons were first then we had a plague of raptors/hawks and the turkey vultures are still walking the fields ground hunting mice, well they were till a thunder boomer moved through and dropped about an inch of rain and now the mice are on the move and the vultures took back to the air.

GOLDBRIX

Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling

pitw

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Low 90s,
Down from 7 to 10 days of mid 90s.
I wouldn't trade you ever. Guess I'm used to what we get.

SUNFLOWER ? DAMN ! Down here Sunflowers grow as tall as your feeder pole, if not taller. Jus' sayin'
The ones in the garden grow to almost 14 feet some years but these two just grew in the lawn and even the wife couldn't mow them.

Hystckndle

CONFORMADAPTKICKSOMEASS!!!
Site Mgr
Midas Supporter
I wouldn't trade you ever. Guess I'm used to what we get.

The ones in the garden grow to almost 14 feet some years but these two just grew in the lawn and even the wife couldn't mow them.
Me either. :)
I like wearing my loin cloth outside.

pitw

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Me either. :)
I like wearing my loin cloth outside.
You could wear a loin cloth up here anytime. [L] the other day I hadda go out and shoot a coyote in the nude cause saving chickens is more important than good dress codes.:winks2:

Bottom Feeder

Hypophthalmichthys molitrix
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
the other day I hadda go out and shoot a coyote in the nude
Damn, pitty, here in snowflake city that would get you arrested for:
  1. Public nudity
  2. discharging a fire arm
  3. having unregistered chickens
  4. killing of a protected species
and prolly eight other infractions that I don't know about.

:Happy::Happy::Happy:
BF

GOLDBRIX

Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
You could wear a loin cloth up here anytime. [L] the other day I hadda go out and shoot a coyote in the nude cause saving chickens is more important than good dress codes.:winks2:

So, You "Baited" him into range ? :dduck:

EO 11110

Posting from Epstein Island
Site Supporter
Mother Lode
still cooking in Houston. now add swarm of mosquitos with recent heavy rains

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Dreary, dank & wet in Philly. At least it's cool. Right around 60. Instead of gym shorts & t-shirt the uniform of the day is sweats.