• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

How’s Your Weather?

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Those of us in the S.E. would not mind sending 15 warm degrees to the Northwest IF the Northwest would send us 15 degrees of that cool.
Jus' Sayin'

Bottom Feeder

Hypophthalmichthys molitrix
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
It's great flu weather. cold and damp, just check out the humidity on my clip; 77%. Isn't that about the same as in floor-e-duh?

BF

Those of us in the S.E. would not mind sending 15 warm degrees to the Northwest IF the Northwest would send us 15 degrees of that cool.
Jus' Sayin'
DEAL! Have your people get in touch with my people.

Saul Mine

Seeker
Seeker
Well, we had that hurricane on the 30th, except it was what we call a haboob. You can look up pictures of what that is.

It has been a full week and power is still going off several times a day. My ac has been off all week, but it flickered today. My house has eight circuits and each has been doing something different all week. Tomorrow I call an electrician to check everything and decide what to tell the power company.

GOLDBRIX

Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Well, Here in Central Kentucky we are going from 85 +degree record heat for October to frost this weekend.
Now that is a turn-a-round for this neck of the woods.

50 degree football weather Friday night.

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Snowing here again this am. Don't take much snow to stop harvest for days. Supposed to be right around 32F for a few days.
We've got the A/C running flat out. Keeping the house at 78F. Outside: 82 and partly cloudy. No wind.

I'm going out later and shoot for a while.

birddog

Here for the show.....
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
85 yesterday and starting tomorrow it will be under 60 for a week. I guess Winter starts today. Possible frosts this weekend.

I could go for a little more fall with temps around 70. Weird - we didn't have a sping either this year.

pitw

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
We've got the A/C running flat out. Keeping the house at 78F. Outside: 82 and partly cloudy. No wind.

I'm going out later and shoot for a while.
Man would our farmers like some of that right now. Some got more than a foot of snow on their crops this time[I only got about 3 inch's and it will be gone by tomorrow].
What ya shooting? I got a huge skunk mit the 410 pump[only used one shot] at an incredible range, 2 Ravens, a really stupid gopher and a coyote. More Americans than I can count up here shooting waterfowl right now from Georgia, Washington, Oregon, Mt and Kansas[plates I seen this week].

spinalcracker

On a mail train.
Silver Miner
Site Supporter ++
High plains of eastern Colorado weather update...
2 inches snow and 31 degrees.
We went from summer to winter pronto.
We picked all the leftover green tomatoes , peppers , and a few melons.
We left 4 cannabis sativa plants out in the garden to see how they take the cold.
Hell , next week its supposed to get up to 60......

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Warm & very humid yesterday. Rained last night. Got up today and it was around 60 and for the first day in a long while the humidity is gone. Thank you lord. Didn't go too much higher today. I think our summer is over.

Supposed to go down in the 40's tonight. Maybe even lower tomorrow night. Hallelujah!!!

pitw

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Got up to 35F today and rained all friggin day or at least until it started snowing at 5PM. Shot a skunk in front of the hen house at 7 this morning and managed to catch [stuff in a pile behind most living organism's] for letting the 2 1/2 year old grandson help get rid of it.[who'd a thought he could get that smelly doing nothing]. The grain farmers around here are fit to be tied.

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Well, we had rain down here last night.

Fit to frighten Noah.

The fargin air turned grey. And the peacocks hung out on my porch...

pitw

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
We are dambed near back to freezing after a spell of cooler weather. Coolest so far has been -4F and most all the waterfowl is gone. Deer hunting in full swing as I watched a decent WT buck walk by the yard with two trucks not far[but to far] behind this eve. Inch of fresh snow today so things look clean.

TAEZZAR

LADY JUSTICE ISNT BLIND, SHES JUST AFRAID TO WATCH
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
we are at 36 at 9 pm. This morning was 21 & I expect that or lower in the a.m.

GOLDBRIX

Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
It's 31* right now. Will go down to 21* before sunrise, in the Ozark Mts of Arkansas. Glad I'm retired.
Yeah, That sinking loop in the Jet Stream is going clear down into all of Texas and Northern Mexico. I hope it deters the invasion force all the more.

Hystckndle

CONFORMADAPTKICKSOMEASS!!!
Site Mgr
Midas Supporter
86 to 88 this week.
90s are gone for a few months
Humidty down.
Taking the opp to get out and on the " to do " outside list aggressively.
Time change bites though as return from rock factory getting closer to dusk.
This year gonna nust keep on with a head lamp or task light.
Lotta fence repairs to do from the storms last 2 years.
Regards to all,

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
It's an unseasonably cold 20 degrees in NWA (North West Arkansas) right now. Brrrr!

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Deary dear... I'm with Hystckndle. The air has gotten drier, and the temp is down to the low 80's.

Fargin gorgeous out there.
Got a T-shirt on, with a flannel, hooded sweatshirt and a heater at my feet!

Cigarlover

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Finally got cold enough to build a fire in the new wood stove last night. Leaves are still on the trees though. Maybe a little white stuff coming next week. Feels good out there though, Nice fresh air.. Good day to cut and split more wood. :).

Alton

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Winter arrived today. Came in overnight Oh, it snowed yesterday but it was more like white rain. Just wasn't quite cold enough. It stuck the grass and rooftops and to all the trees that still had leaves but no threat to humans in automobiles. Today, it is here in all it's glory sticking to roads and sidewalks and thick on leaves to nearly empty reluctant trees.

There's still something magical about that first real snow. The whole world seems to quite down as if tranquilized by the beauty and softness of the new snow marking the end of another active year. A time to rest. A time to regroup. A time to apply one's faculties to wrapping up the year past and double checking plans and prognostications for the new one just ahead. After all, we are granted only so many days in the sun and we must do what we can to make the most of them and the winter gives us the time to plan our ventures for the new year.

Irons

Deep Sixed
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode

Bottom Feeder

Hypophthalmichthys molitrix
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
AYE We be in a foul mood here in snowflake city, whut with the nutzo season approaching and all —

Weather.JPG

EricTheCat

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Winter has pretty much set in here. Single digits yesterday morning. Today was the warmest day in a while, mid 40s for a high today and tomorrow then nothing over 35 in the forecast. After last winter I was so sure we were due for a short winter.

I guess it is time to settle in and finalize preparations. Sort of like what Alton was saying though he put it much more eloquently.

Irons

Deep Sixed
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Winter has pretty much set in here. Single digits yesterday morning. Today was the warmest day in a while, mid 40s for a high today and tomorrow then nothing over 35 in the forecast. After last winter I was so sure we were due for a short winter.

I guess it is time to settle in and finalize preparations. Sort of like what Alton was saying though he put it much more eloquently.
Same here cold as feck already and the snow is looking like it's here to stay.
I am tempted to buy a snowmobile then it wouldn't snow again for 5 years.

phoneman

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Cold ! Was supposed to get light snow today. Didn't happen. Have to go on rode tomorrow [200+miles] round trip. Please give me ice free roads.

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
In the upper 40's yesterday. Nice considering the hot / humid summer. May get a storm today, Don't care about the cold or rain. Just hoping it doesn't snow,

Winter Storm Avery expected to bring ferocious winds, ice and snow to the Midwest and East Coast as brutal mix has already killed TWO people

• Some 80 million people are expected to be impacted by the storm on Thursday and Friday
  • In northern Mississippi, two people were killed and 46 passengers were injured when their tour bus flipped on its side due to slick conditions
  • Killed were 70-year-old Betty Russell and 61-year-old Cynthia Hardin, both of Huntsville, Alabama
  • The St. Louis area can expect four to seven inches while parts of the Northeast could see a foot of snow
  • Flash flood watches were posted for parts of Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina and Virginia
  • Ice storms are said to have the possibility to hinder power lines in the southern Appalachians

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...-ferocious-winds-snow-Midwest-East-Coast.html

DodgebyDave

Metal Messiah
Midas Member
31° and freezing rain on top of 4 hours of ice storm