• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

How’s Your Weather?

Alton

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Looked just like home! I laughed, shook my head, laughed some more! Like you, we're getting crap weather today...sleet, freezing rain and then snow. Fustercluck season is now open! Please wear your seatbelts, both hands on the wheel and take a few seconds practicing taking your foot OFF the gas pedal.

The first storm of the season like this is ALWAYS the worst on the road. Time to put away the summer driving habits a bring out the winter habits....drive slower, greater distance between you and the fool in front of you, drive slower, make sure you have tread on your tires and proper air in your tires, back your foot off the gas pedal, go practice making donuts in an empty parking lot to get a feel of your vehicle will handle in the snow and ice and practice a few emergency stops while you're at it as well as accelerating in the snow and on the ice. Give yourself an extra 5 or 10 minutes to get where you're going because you will be driving slower, especially when you turn corners and enter or exit highways/expressways/parkways or ANY road with a speed limit over 30mph. Not that anyone here is a bad driver it's just that you have to realize AND admit to yourself that EVERYONE else on the road is a freakin' idiot!

pitw

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
We got up to 40F yesterday and I near ran outta sweat. Supposed to be back down to near 0F tomorrow and then warm up to near 32F come Monday.

phoneman

Silver Member
Silver Miner
State Hwys were treated , no problem this morning. How ever the little country roads were loaded with ice. A lot of slipping and sliding till we got on hwys,

TAEZZAR

LADY JUSTICE ISNT BLIND, SHES JUST AFRAID TO WATCH
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
It's raining here, like a cow peeing on a flat rock !
Snow later this week, maybe !

mayhem

Created in 2006
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
Cold out there tonite. Has to be at least 55 degrees. Brrrrrrrrr...

:green tea:

pitw

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Right near 32F with a freezing drizzle being called for. Now that I don't have to be out there an ice rain don't bother me so much.

Lt Dan

Gold Pirate
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
IndyHoofia had an inch of snow and the sheeple are still crying.
Same in southern Ohio yesterday.
Helped a buddy move his welding equipment yesterday.
Got another day of that. Move the big welder, probably tomorrow. I didn't take my tools, he couldn't find his, big welder is hard wired, tools will be needed.

DodgebyDave

Metal Messiah
Midas Member
What a pair of tools!

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Fargin temperature dropped like Bitcoin price last night.

We were at 77, and it dropped to a miserably brutal 55.

That is twenny-two degrees, Pilgrims!! :snow::tongue:

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Fargin temperature dropped like Bitcoin price last night.

We were at 77, and it dropped to a miserably brutal 55.

That is twenny-two degrees, Pilgrims!! :snow::tongue:
We've been having 30-50 degree swings here lately! from 70-20 and back

lumpOgold

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Our weather finally is looking similar to the Boeing Field weather, finally dousing the wildfires and clearing the air. Will be greening up the hills soon!

TAEZZAR

Midas Member
Midas Supporter
We've been having 30-50 degree swings here lately! from 70-20 and back
Our swing is around 30 ish yesterday was 21 to 52, I like it !

TAEZZAR

Midas Member
Midas Supporter
I hear-did that next week we are heading for the twenties. Big old bird who I was helping change a deep well pump told me so.

YUP ! This is our area of Orygun for the next 10 days. It's close enough to you, to fit you too.

weather   4cast 28 nov.jpg

Irons

Deep Sixed
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
It might get up to 38-40 degrees with light east winds Friday. I am going to the beach if it does!

.:2 thumbs up:

hammerhead

Morphing
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
What a wet month. Rain or snow. Woke up to everything white outside. The whole day was just light snow with temps in 30's. No wind. Looks like a total of 4"s. Not tropical but not too bad either.

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Here's a photo from Iowa, Sure glad i don't get to have that kind of fun anymore.

View attachment 117506
Reminds me of the time I drove through Buffalo in the middle of a storm. There was 3' that had already fallen and by the time we got to Toronto another 3' had fallen.

mayhem

Created in 2006
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
Went down to 44 last night. First time the wife snuggled that close inna while. Weatherjerk says it will be in the 80's this weekend. Now that's skitzo weather.

Cigarlover

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Here in Southern Ohio the weather seems about normal except for the precipitation. We seldom got 3 days of dry weather in a row this year. Very strange and the cool temps we are having now seem colder due to the higher humidity.
Normally if it's 30 degrees and above and sunny I don't need any heat. Not this year. I don't have to burn a lot of wood but definitely need to have a small fire for an hr or 2 just to take the dampness out of the house.

Lt Dan

Gold Pirate
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Here in Southern Ohio the weather seems about normal except for the precipitation. We seldom got 3 days of dry weather in a row this year. Very strange and the cool temps we are having now seem colder due to the higher humidity.
Normally if it's 30 degrees and above and sunny I don't need any heat. Not this year. I don't have to burn a lot of wood but definitely need to have a small fire for an hr or 2 just to take the dampness out of the house.
Yes, very wet, lots of crops still in the fields. The farmer who does my fields got his beans off, but he still has some in other places he's not been able to harvest.

Last edited:

Cigarlover

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Yes, very wet, lots of crops still in the fields. The farmer who does my fields got his beans off, but he still has some in other places he's not been able to harvest.
I noticed a lot of late harvesting around here as well. A good friends BIL lost 200 acres of soybeans this year. They got rejected for mold.
I have been following a couple channels on you tube that talk about global cooling and the coming mini ice age(Similar to the 1600's) Its feeling like it could be real.. Last 2 years have also seen some wind temps of -25 to -35.. Not sure how normal that is for around here but first time I have seen that in the 10 years I have lived here. The only other time I have seen -30 is on top of a mountain in Vt when I was up there skiing when I was 18,.

Also notice they started using that new term the last couple of years. Polar vortex.. Never heard that before the last 2-3 years.

The conspiracy theorist in me says that they are pushing a global warming agenda while they know the earth will be cooling. Kills off millions or even billions when the food shortages come. They are coming too. Lots of lost crops this year all over the world. taters got hit real hard and heard we could see an increase in spud prices of as much as 30%. Soybeans and wheat got hit pretty hard as well.
If ever there was a time to be a prepper, this is it.

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
High 20's when I got up. Mid to high 30's this afternoon. Maybe a few snow showers. Glad to finally see some normal temps for a change.

lumpOgold

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Dried up enough today to pour a little concrete in the back. A new ramp in and 10' door to be installed soon, look the left corner and read below!
1545088538292.png

And wouldn't you know, not 10 minutes later, some oblivious pedestrian walks in it!.
1545088613259.png

michael59

heads up-butts down
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Last night about 12 or so it warmed up and we all were sweating in the house then it rained like the dickens and now "The Big Storm" is pushing through. They the guys who do the weather mumbled something about inches and all I see is just wet but it might just be a lot of wet. Twas puddles when I left and puddles when I got back and now the puddles are filling up again.