• Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
  • There are no markets
  • "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

How’s Your Weather?

andial

use default title
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

smooth

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Ah, seattle, new week, new weather. Or not...
Notice the difference?
Yeah, me neither.

BF
It's only November and I'm already tired of this shit. Seems every year I grow less tolerant of the weather around here. Whatever happened to dry winter spells we used to experience?

hammerhead

Not just a screen name
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
It's only November and I'm already tired of this shit. Seems every year I grow less tolerant of the weather around here. Whatever happened to dry winter spells we used to experience?
Gotta get some body heat on ya.

EO 11110

He Hate Me
Mother Lode
houston -- cool front blew through on saturday. sunday the aerial spraying turned a crystal clear post-front blue sky into 95 percent overcast slop. spraying again today...

Bottom Feeder

Hypophthalmichthys molitrix
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
More Fall delight over here in snowflake land

Seattle Weather.JPG
Just a few more months of this and it will stop pause.
BF

Lt Dan

Gold Pirate
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Was 63f and sunny here in southern Ohio. Would have been even pleasanter had it not been windy. Trying to work on a roof, wind kept blowing my tape measure about the time I'd get it in position to get my measurement.

Alton

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Well it appears that fall arrived today. Yesterday did ribeyes and spuds on the grill in my T-shirt. Today I have a winter hat and coat on. It's tried this stuff before but seems like it means it this time.The weather chicks are gone, maybe vacation, maybe a conference, I haven't heard, so they have hipster dude doing the weather report. He's working hard at being an embarrassment. Of course, they are news readers and consider themselves to be bold meteorologists when they stray from the mean of the ranges issued by the National Weather Service. At least the weather chicks are easy on the eyes.

Anyway, checked the other news outlets and found no improvement in the weather or the reporters. Here it is nearly winter and the end of fall has come late. There are still leaves on the trees! Yeah, it was a disappointing autumn. Everything was bassackwards this year. The oaks led the parade by turning their usual brown and then took me by surprise by falling first!. Typically they're the last to fall around here. The autumn parade of change is ALWAYS heralded by the sumacs and led by the common maples with their bright and vibrant colors. They were quite indecisive, bland, late, and disorganized this year. I found their performance to be lackluster and lackadaisical. Silver maples have been downright disappointing as their leaves shriveled and some are still clinging desperately to their trees. The poplars have Klingon style leaves this year also. Just a poor show this year.

Anyway, got leaves blown out to the curb to await city pick up and, as usual, the city comes late and the leaves are now blowing down to the river and/or decorating neighbors' lawns. Typical inefficiencies of government programs. Trimmed up the shrubs and saplings, been battening down the hatches and getting the house ready for, what I originally expected to be a long, hard winter. It's good to be wrong now and again. Got the snowblower ready to go. Need to finish up a lighting project in the garage before I pack away the patio set for the season.

Just saw a coon running across the yard... I guess he figured out winter is nearly here too.

andial

use default title
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Interesting that you blow the leaves to the curb and town comes and picks it up that system sounds ripe for a Rand Paul type leaf attack since surely the winds will take the leaves down the road to a neighbor. I'm sure now that in rand paul's neighborhood they have the same system, Paul's leaves were blowing onto his neighbor's finely manicured property and he flipped out.

Alton

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Interesting that you blow the leaves to the curb and town comes and picks it up that system sounds ripe for a Rand Paul type leaf attack since surely the winds will take the leaves down the road to a neighbor. I'm sure now that in rand paul's neighborhood they have the same system, Paul's leaves were blowing onto his neighbor's finely manicured property and he flipped out.
I'm about 1.5 x Rand Paul's stature and I now sport a beard. A beard is a natural deterrent.

gnome

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Santa Ana winds... up to 70mph gusts. Cleaned all the avocados off my tree 3 months too early.

Big windfall of limes, which are sweet enough.
Gonna have to preserve a bunch, though, usually just pick em when I need them.

And, oh, fires nearby. Not much left to burn up here after the last fire, but still a little edgy. This isn't supposed to be fire season.

hammerhead

Not just a screen name
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Santa Ana winds... up to 70mph gusts. Cleaned all the avocados off my tree 3 months too early.

Big windfall of limes, which are sweet enough.
Gonna have to preserve a bunch, though, usually just pick em when I need them.

And, oh, fires nearby. Not much left to burn up here after the last fire, but still a little edgy. This isn't supposed to be fire season.
Dry out there too I understand. When was the last time it rained?

Bottom Feeder

Hypophthalmichthys molitrix
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Had a couple days of clear weather so I finished my fall chore of cleaning the six inches of leaves off the roof yesterday. Then spread the 2¾ tons of leaves out into a 8 X 10 compost pile. There is a little change up in the weather for this week:
Seattle Weather.JPG

But by the weekend it will be back to normal (rain, rain, rain). Winter is coming.
BF

gnome

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Dry out there too I understand. When was the last time it rained?
We had a freak thunderstorm in August (dry season) when the last round of fires was threatening my home. But it's been a few dry years and there was an odd November heat wave, then the high winds.

hammerhead

Not just a screen name
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
We had a freak thunderstorm in August (dry season) when the last round of fires was threatening my home. But it's been a few dry years and there was an odd November heat wave, then the high winds.
Be safe.

Alton

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Wow! Autumn just became real and complete a couple of days ago and winter showed up at my door this morning! There is now snow on my driveway, sidewalk and street! It's that nice, light, fluffy snow known a "lake effect" snow from Lake Michigan. 2 inches (50mm) today with 6 more (150mm) for Saturday. By local folk reckoning this should qualify as our Squaw Winter, which is followed by Indian Summer...a warm spell, then we get on with winter full time until later in March. With the calendar shift in the arrival/extent of the seasons this year I think it might be a little too late for an Indian Summer especially with Squaw Winter having a slightly heavier snow (typically ~ 4 inches/100mm).

Just got in from sweeping the snow off the deck and the steps. I love the quiet of the first snow. I'm somewhat surprised that the concrete and asphalt are now cold enough to NOT melt the snow. I thought it had been warm enough with the extended autumn but, again, I'm wrong which is good because no slush or melting just enhances the beauty of the first snow.

Beyond the details, winter IS here and I always like the first snows of winter. After New Years day we need to move it to New York, Florida, Texas, anywhere but here.

Lt Dan

Gold Pirate
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Gettin' some snow here in So Central Ohio. Granddaughters are out there trying to make snowmen. Not even an inch and they're working for all they are worth to scratch up enough. Only 30F degrees right now. Glad I'm not out there now, had some stuff to do earlier, now done and in for the evening - I hope!

andial

use default title
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Eighty

Irons

Deep Sixed
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
Winter is here and it's snowing like a bear.
Lake Michigan is still pretty warm though so I am hoping for more water hunting before she turns to ice.

Last edited:

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
Same here in Central KY. Snow prediction is from a "scattering to 1" depending on what TV station you are listening/watch here.
The Backyard Report is: SNOWING, patches of grass/weeds poking through a growing white carpet. Back to you Earl.
RIP Jim Varney

Lt Dan

Gold Pirate
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
28○ F w/about an inch, still snowing, butt not as much, radar shows more on the way.

GOLDBRIX

Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
nick. post some pics when you have to "shovel" this out:

spinalcracker

On a mail train.
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
Pretty nice weather for the first 2 weeks of December with temps in the 50's and 60's and down to 20's at night....
Not bad for the high plains of eastern Colorado......

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
In the low 60's on Monday. Got more seasonal through out the week. Snowed yesterday into the night. Just got done shoveling. Maybe an inch on the cement - 2 on the grass. Roads just wet. Around 30 right now.

GOLDBRIX

Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
That's a Great One Right There.