• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

How’s Your Weather?

Irons

Deep Sixed
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode

EricTheCat

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
^ I just started following that channel a couple weeks ago. They seem like really great people. I love their treasure hunting adventures.

pitw

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
I would guess you folks judge distance by how long it takes to get there instead of miles/km's. .
That is the way it goes unless it's a short hike. I got a buddy who claims[out loud and in front of as many people there is] that I don't know a short cut that doesn't add 2 hours to a trip.

Irons

Deep Sixed
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
That is the way it goes unless it's a short hike. I got a buddy who claims[out loud and in front of as many people there is] that I don't know a short cut that doesn't add 2 hours to a trip.
'Round here that is how you can tell a city person from rural folks.
City people will say it's 55 miles to Ludington, we'll say it's about an hour.

. :meditation:

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Ho-hum.

My ylang-ylang tree is blooming, and my bamboo is over seventy feet tall. On the serious side, I damn' near got hit by a leaf this morning. It was gusty, and I had just picked up the paper...

KA-fargin-KRASH!!

Missed by a raindrop. I measured the leaf: 18 feet long. TINS, pilgrims.

Aint that the bomb? I hadda use my chainsaw to cut it up. That old "Don't Sit Under the Apple Tree" song applies like a sumbitch in south Floriduh. You can really get clocked with a coconut... and a leaf is worsier.

Bottom Feeder

Hypophthalmichthys molitrix
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Walter, does durian grow in floor-a-duh?
They're pretty good sized.
Durian.jpg

AgAuGal

Founding Member
Founding Member
Site Mgr
Site Supporter
Anyone in the north tired of all this global warming this year? WI and IA sure seem to be getting buried. And I think .CA is now it of their drought. Crazy weather.

hammerhead

Morphing
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
I know plenty of short cuts. And yes, it takes longer to arrive at the destination.

Lt Dan

Gold Pirate
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
I've seen road signs that measured the time it take to get somewhere not the distance.
That always made it kind of a challenge to see it I could beat their projected time!
Sometimes, more or less, it's work. Getting pulled over actually didn't help either.

Weather today? Well, started out sunny and 35 degrees, heading toward high 40s.

glockngold

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
It's pot hole season!
Yesterday I plowed 6" of snow, most of which came down in 5 hours, then had ice overnight.
So far the power stayed on.
This morning it's already 40°
Outside it sounds really loud almost creek like as the ice melts off the trees & hits the ice crust on the snow.
Saturday supposed to hit 60°

P1010003.JPG
P1010006.JPG
P1010007.JPG

Lt Dan

Gold Pirate
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
It's pot hole season!
Yesterday I plowed 6" of snow, most of which came down in 5 hours, then had ice overnight.
So far the power stayed on.
This morning it's already 40°
Outside it sounds really loud almost creek like as the ice melts off the trees & hits the ice crust on the snow.
Saturday supposed to hit 60°
Looks like a good time to tap some trees. Wish I had some maple trees large enough to tap.

Hystckndle

GETWHAT'SYOURS
Site Mgr
Midas Supporter
83 today,
" feels like " 90
Feb 20th.
At least 10 above " normal "
If it is that today ...and it is...
Then the summer is gonna be a m fer....

Headed to 87 or 88 today.
12 to 15 above " normal "
See above.
I need a summer gig,
it is not gonna be hot, it is gonna be hotter.

glockngold

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
a flat, smooth plain near Mars’ equator.
I assume that means one of the warmer spots? Where the high is 2° & the low is -130°
Sure, we're going to be colonizing that sucker.

AgAuGal

Founding Member
Founding Member
Site Mgr
Site Supporter
Anyone listen to Diamond at Oppenheimer Ranch Project(utube, Twitter) . He is a hoot, takes a little getting use to his schtich but a good egg. Gives updates on weather, volcano activity, earthquake activity, encourages people educate themselves. Is a geologist. Yells at Al Gore regularly for his disinformation campaign on global warming(oh that's right now they call it climate change cause even the stupids on the left can see global warming is a lie...why do they always have to lie....is truth like kryptonite to lefties or something?). He and another guy have started another utube channel to focus on educating peeps about grand solar minimum and magnetic pole shifting/reversal.

michael59

heads up-butts down
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
OK, I putout the humming bird feeder because I seen a girlie hummer casing the windows....she got blowed in by a warm front; most likely dead now. Oh, spotted her looking for food on Monday.

AgAuGal

Founding Member
Founding Member
Site Mgr
Site Supporter
If interested Diamond at Oppenheimer Ranch Project goes live in 15 minutes.

AgAuGal

Founding Member
Founding Member
Site Mgr
Site Supporter
Oops forgot to save link

AgAuGal

Founding Member
Founding Member
Site Mgr
Site Supporter
Flagstaf got over 31 inches last 24 hours....any boots on the ground that can confirm this? If there are they are probably still digging out and chatting on the inet not a priority...go figure

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
My driveway is fargin chartruese!!!

So we had a sprinkle of rain, and all the pine tree pollen got collected. Looks like sumbody spilled radioactive pus on my driveway.