• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

How’s Your Weather?

Cigarlover

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
THE WIND IS HOWLING SO BAD HERE I HAVE TO SCREM INTO THE KEYBOARD.

First time i have had a fire in days. Been very mild for Feb but looks like end of the week we cool down at night anyway.. On a positive note, looks like lots of sunshine. Be nice to see that big ball of plasma for a change.

coopersmith

for fuck sake..........
Silver Miner
When them drifts melt, well have our water for the spring. Nature is a funny thang. It would be a good yr to start an asparegus patch or plant little trees.

Look on the brightside, you cant do shit anyway. Snow drifts are your friend.

Cigarlover

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
When them drifts melt, well have our water for the spring. Nature is a funny thang. It would be a good yr to start an asparegus patch or plant little trees.

Look on the brightside, you cant do shit anyway. Snow drifts are your friend.
when you movin to Tx? You need anyone to milk the cows or shoot rattlesnakes or something. :dduck::dduck:

pitw

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
I feel for you guys[really].
Got down -24F here this morning and up to -5F by 2pm, so I took a carb of a pickup to look at. Wind blew all our loose snow into drifts and the bush yesterday. Had to shovel out the parts truck to get at the carb:thumbs down:. Good part was the wind blew from the only direction it can not to screw with the yard.:2 thumbs up: Now it should start warming up slowly.:countdown:

EricTheCat

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
I just ran the blower for about an hour and a half (kind of a half-arsed clean up). Now that I can see my mailbox I think the snow bank might be the only thing holding it up.

Something funny happened. All the sudden ka-thunk! The blower would no longer engage. I ended up figuring out what happened was the little shovel that sits in a mount on the blower (for cleaning the blower) had come off when I was blowing the big snow bank at the end of the driveway. That little shovel is now in pieces. It took me a while to find the piece that was jamming it up but thankfully got it going again.

On a brighter note, spring is less than 1 month away! :spring: :mow lawn:

Irons

Deep Sixed
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
I just ran the blower for about an hour and a half (kind of a half-arsed clean up). Now that I can see my mailbox I think the snow bank might be the only thing holding it up.

Something funny happened. All the sudden ka-thunk! The blower would no longer engage. I ended up figuring out what happened was the little shovel that sits in a mount on the blower (for cleaning the blower) had come off when I was blowing the big snow bank at the end of the driveway. That little shovel is now in pieces. It took me a while to find the piece that was jamming it up but thankfully got it going again.

On a brighter note, spring is less than 1 month away! :spring::mow lawn:
We got 42 degrees for a while and that turned the driveway glacier into slush, then it rained before turning to snow so more slush.
Then it got cold and windy and just snowed. So I have 4 inches of snow on top of 3 inches of slush and it's full of footprints and tire tracks and it's so mashed up and uneven can't run the blower. So it's slow shoveling a bit at a time in shifts.

A real big melt for a week straight would be nice.

EricTheCat

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
We got 42 degrees for a while and that turned the driveway glacier into slush, then it rained before turning to snow so more slush.
Then it got cold and windy and just snowed. So I have 4 inches of snow on top of 3 inches of slush and it's full of footprints and tire tracks and it's so mashed up and uneven can't run the blower. So it's slow shoveling a bit at a time in shifts.

A real big melt for a week straight would be nice.

Best of luck, that sounds like a big chore. Slush can be a real mess when it turns to ice. When we had a big thaw a couple weeks ago my driveway was terrible. I had to put loads of ice melt and sand down and even then my truck could barely make it up the drive in 4 wheel drive.

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
When I lived on the mountaintop back in the Olden Days, the deep snow would turn to deep slush.

When I drove up and down my 900' driveway, the car tires would leave "slush lines" <<-- sharp ridges caused by the tires.

These would freeze overnight, forming tire-cutting razors.

Shitdamnhell.

Lt Dan

Gold Pirate
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Trash from about all neighboring states has blown past my yard, including leafs - maybe not from andial's yard. Some of it may have caught in my fence rows along the property lines. I'll not be needing to rake any leafs or pick up any trash that's blown by the place. Need to check the lower farm field for blow downs.

Also, besides windy and cooler today it's sunny and 33 degrees as I type this.

BigJim#1-8

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter ++
Finally quit raining, mid 50's & sunny.

coopersmith

for fuck sake..........
Silver Miner
Its 40 degrees here. Its so muddy I had to walk a mile just to run a cow back in the pasture. Couldnt make it in the tractor. The mail lady didnt make it either. It will be some days before we can move around in any modern type fashion.

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Ice Tsunami Forces Residents To Evacuate Along Lake Erie

https://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2019/02/25/lake-erie-ice-tsunami/

pitw

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
S O a B it was -30 f this am. Had to go pick up a truck that blew a clutch. Truck is still loaded as it ain't getting a clutch until the weather decides to warm up or tomorrow which ever gets here first. Suppose to warm up to near 10F tomorrow and then zoom back down. Gonna be a lot of earless calves around this year.

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
I feel like those Floridians now. Was a beautiful 65 here today...and I finally got PAID!

Another cold snapo heading back though in a few days...then a low down to 8 on Sunday.

Schizophrenic weather.

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Left home this AM and it was 56, got home 30 minutes ago and it's 38. Greeting me next to the driveway was this hearty flower. Set to go down to 8 on Sunday.

spinalcracker

On a mail train.
Silver Miner
Site Supporter ++
Left home this AM and it was 56, got home 30 minutes ago and it's 38. Greeting me next to the driveway was this hearty flower. Set to go down to 8 on Sunday.

Jonquils?...that’s awesome!...

We are still experiencing clean chicken paths..

F505277A-7AD9-40F8-8E0B-622715857523.jpeg

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Jonquils?...that’s awesome!...

We are still experiencing clean chicken paths..

View attachment 125111
You just taught me sumpthin. Never heard that term before :)

• Narcissus:

The term narcissus (Narcissus sp.) refers to a genus of bulbs that includes hundreds of species and literally tens of thousands of cultivars! The Narcissus genus includes daffodils, jonquils, and paperwhites, among many others, so when in doubt, this is the term to use. However, when someone says “Narcissus,” they’re usually referring to the miniature white holiday blooms of Narcissus tazetta papyraceous, known as paperwhites.

spinalcracker

On a mail train.
Silver Miner
Site Supporter ++
Not looking good at all Brother Irons.

Headed your way..
Today and tomorrow will be a sumbitch...

.WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 8 AM MST /9 AMCST/ SUNDAY

* WHAT...Moderate to heavy snow will develop late this afternoon
or early this evening and persist into tonight. Total snow
accumulations of 3 to 5 inches expected. Wind chill values as
low as -15 to -25 degrees Sunday morning

Fvcking Sunday morning coming down!...

Irons

Deep Sixed
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Not looking good at all Brother Irons.

Headed your way..
Today and tomorrow will be a sumbitch...

.WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 8 AM MST /9 AMCST/ SUNDAY

* WHAT...Moderate to heavy snow will develop late this afternoon
or early this evening and persist into tonight. Total snow
accumulations of 3 to 5 inches expected. Wind chill values as
low as -15 to -25 degrees Sunday morning

Fvcking Sunday morning coming down!...
Yeah it's coming tonight. Yipee

coopersmith

for fuck sake..........
Silver Miner
We hauled cattle yesterday, off wheat pasture back to the neighbors feedlot. It was SO FUCKING MUDDY I was brown when I got home. I even had mud in my ears. At least I think it was mud.

Yup spinalcracker, here we go again, with the fucking snow and cold. I am over it, im ready for spring. I wish I could just stay indoors, but we have chores to do.

spinalcracker

On a mail train.
Silver Miner
Site Supporter ++
We hauled cattle yesterday, off wheat pasture back to the neighbors feedlot. It was SO FUCKING MUDDY I was brown when I got home. I even had mud in my ears. At least I think it was mud.

Yup spinalcracker, here we go again, with the fucking snow and cold. I am over it, im ready for spring. I wish I could just stay indoors, but we have chores to do.

Yep yep , that was some wet snow...the farmers are living it , ranchers not so much , what a mess moving those doggies...

You know it’s cold when the chickens go back in the coup before noon....

2972864C-87CC-40B9-B229-B230709E247E.jpeg

coopersmith

for fuck sake..........
Silver Miner
We have ha a few days recently where our chickens wont even come out of the chicken house. Im guessing tomorrow might be one of those days. You ought to see the fur on my goats, they are some hairy mofos. Never seen em with a coat this thick.