• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

How’s Your Weather?

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

hoarder

Dis Member
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Now who in their right mind would build a house on that mountain side?
Who in their right mind would want to live in a city surrounded by the teevee addled masses? To each his own.

pitw

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Snow does all you guys say it does and more. It changes with every wind and you experience something you can not any other way when you misjudge what you see while driving and all of a sudden you are parked in/on top of several feet of the rotten sh&t. Always a good idea to have a shovel but a hockey stick will work in a pinch.:winks2:

ErrosionOfAccord

#1 Global Warmer
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
It finally broke here. After six weeks of sub freezing, I've had enough. I've seen it mentioned elsewhere but the brunt of winter definitely came late for my area this year. Good to see that white crap turning into water.

coopersmith

for fuck sake..........
Silver Miner
Its raining. Does that mean its spring?

DodgebyDave

Metal Messiah
Midas Member
I hope I never see snow again

pitw

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
She got above freezing today for the first time since January[according to the weather forecast]. Looks like a week or so of this weather so I got the stock trailer dug out to go pick up a couple hogs from the eldest lad. Gonna butcher them while the temps are useful. What time of year do you Southern fella's butcher at?

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
What time of year do you Southern fella's butcher at?
Anytime the beer flows easy and the smoke house can hold a couple carcasses. YMMV ;)

ErrosionOfAccord

#1 Global Warmer
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
Blizzard coming Wednesday. I’ll be stuck at work as they will most likely close the roads. This is gonna suck. Maybe I’ll call in.

Lt Dan

Gold Pirate
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
What time of year do you Southern fella's butcher at?
Just about any month with an "R" in it.
With a hog, if we're scrapping, that means a fire. I at least want it above freezing but below 50F. - Flies, don't want flies buzzing around.

coopersmith

for fuck sake..........
Silver Miner
It sure is humid here on the highhigh plains of eastern colorado. It is 66 degrees, just waiting for the cold front. The wind is blowing 50. Hold on to your ass boys, shes moving east. We are expecting 1-2 inches of rain, on saturated, half froze ground.

coopersmith

for fuck sake..........
Silver Miner

EricTheCat

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
I just spent the evening shoveling snow and breaking ice off my mom's porch roof. It had started leaking like a faucet and a lot of it froze inside making quite the icy mess. A lot less frozen water to melt in to her porch now but lots of rain on the way.

coopersmith

for fuck sake..........
Silver Miner
I am calling bullshit on this 'bombgenesis' storm. a couple of rain showers, winds blowing 20. What happened, I thought we were all gonna die?

D-FENZ

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
In eastern Iowa the glaciers are finally in retreat. Still using the snowshoes to walk the dogs though. With any luck, by the Ides of March I will be able to just walk around the icy drifts without. Still the ice dams around the buildings keep the water from draining away. More rain's coming. Squeegees and ice picks are the order of the day...

Never seen anything like it.

Lt Dan

Gold Pirate
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
69F and sunny this afternoon. Set my potted figs out of the wood shop and watered them. Will need to set them back in if we get any cold nights, but for now, buds are showing. Honey bees are active, not sure what they are collecting, but buzzing enough to keep people away that are afraid.

BigJim#1-8

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter ++
it just now hit us...

Went from calm to 30-40 mph winds rain mix of sleet..

This is just the tip of it with conditions getting worser lol as the evening goes on...

It’s on like donkey kong
I read that there's a cyclone like storm hitting west & Midwest. Stay safe Brother Cracker!
I guess they're calling it a "bomb cyclone."

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
it just now hit us...

This is just the tip of it with conditions getting worser lol as the evening goes on...

It’s on like donkey kong
Oh, dear. Lay in a good supply of booze and bongs.

EricTheCat

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
I read that there's a cyclone like storm hitting west & Midwest. Stay safe Brother Cracker!
I guess they're calling it a "bomb cyclone."
A friend just texted me about this. Apparently when pressure drops 24 or more millibars in 24 hours it is considered bombogenesis, or a bomb cyclone.

coopersmith

for fuck sake..........
Silver Miner
it just now hit us...

It’s on like donkey kong

Just hit here too. Thats more like it, I thought theyd forgot about us down here. I have low hope of the local power grid holding together. The tumbleweeds are going by pretty fast.............

Alton

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Weirdness! That storm that just blasted Wyoming arrived here, just the eastern edge of it. We had rain. Then a clear spot came for a couple of hours this morning. Started raining and blowing about 45 minutes ago. I was on the phone with a friend in eastern Michigan and the phone hung up on us. Finally made the connection again after 6 attempts(!) and sound kept breaking on his end then he couldn't hear me at all. TV stations have gone dark. Had a blow over last weekend. Wonder if today's problems are a result of a cumulative effect!?! Still have interwebz but that's wired. BIG winds @30mph forecast for this afternoon w/gusts up to 60mph. Hope I don't get blown to Cleveland today! Ain't gonna do a Mary Poppins thing!

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
A friend just texted me about this. Apparently when pressure drops 24 or more millibars in 24 hours it is considered bombogenesis, or a bomb cyclone.
YIKES!!! Sure'n shit stinks, something awful is gonna happen. As a pilot, we hadda learn this stuff by the numbers.

Let's lookit sea level: 1013.2 <-- Go ahead and suck a vacuum of, say, 24 millibars offa that number.

A millibar is the amount of Force that can move an object weighing 1 Gram a distance of 1 Centimeter.

Don't sound like much... and it wouldn't be -- in a straw. But make your pumping straw the size of this, and you are talking about the energy of several hydrogen bombs:

Just move EVERYTHING the size of eight states a lousy 24 centimeters...

In one day. But... don't stop there, on no... keep it up a while.

EEK. EEK.

coopersmith

for fuck sake..........
Silver Miner
Not much wind damage here, a few car ports laying in fields, outside of town, a few barn roofs, etc. I did lose a feeder line that connects to the main power line on the road, to a water well, had to haul a load of water to calving cows, the power company has since fixed it. How many pollacks to fix the line, I counted 5.

We didnt get any moisture to speak of, thats a good thing I guess. Its still gusting to 50. I am smoking joints and drinking tea by the woodstove, about to get on the beers. I ought to be in prime shape for evening chores. None of my shit got fucked up, no dead cows (will have to dr calves im sure), no barn roof laying in the road................. YEEHAAA!

Lt Dan

Gold Pirate
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
CL, I'm at 78F up here above the First Capital City. Wind is really picking up. Probably ought to go out and check, see if anything that can be nailed down, needs to be.