• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

How’s Your Weather?

Cigarlover

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
CL, I'm at 78F up here above the First Capital City. Wind is really picking up. Probably ought to go out and check, see if anything that can be nailed down, needs to be.
Just east of the first capital and conditions are similar here. Got a nice jump on some spring clean up today.

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
3:20pm Bluegrass Airport recorded a 69 mph wind gust.
Power went out approx. 6pm until 7:20pm.
High Wind Warning until 11pm.
Outside of that it has been a nice warm day.

Irons

Deep Sixed
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Absolutely gorgeous spring weather the last 3 days! Aboot time!
Outdoor chores are done for now and last weekend I finished tuning up and putting new tires on both the motorcycles.
This weekend we grilled out and rode the cycles. It was great, my bike is running like it wants to rob a bank.
All is good.

:2 thumbs up:

GOLDBRIX

Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Absolutely gorgeous spring weather the last 3 days! Aboot time!
Outdoor chores are done for now and last weekend I finished tuning up and putting new tires on both the motorcycles.
This weekend we grilled out and rode the cycles. It was great, my bike is running like it wants to rob a bank.
All is good.

Irons, Just Interested, How far are you away from those guys that are searching for Lost Civil War Gold ?
I hear them mention Muskegon and they show a lighthouse that appears to be on a jetty. They claim a Death Bed Confession of an old lighthouse keeper states he watched through a telescope a boxcar get pushed off a ferry boat during a passage across Lake Michigan.
Are you in that area ? gb

Irons

Deep Sixed
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Irons, Just Interested, How far are you away from those guys that are searching for Lost Civil War Gold ?
I hear them mention Muskegon and they show a lighthouse that appears to be on a jetty. They claim a Death Bed Confession of an old lighthouse keeper states he watched through a telescope a boxcar get pushed off a ferry boat during a passage across Lake Michigan.
Yep Muskegon is in my AO. I cover a big chunk of North & West Michigan from Grand Haven to Petoskey. If there is a boxcar full of Gold out there the people looking for it face the same problem I do looking for rings and that's constantly shifting sand under the water.

Heavy things sink through all that soft pretty sand and don't stop sinking until they hit rock or gravel. You have zero chance of finding anything unless the currents clear the sand out of the exact area you are looking in. At the beach I'm looking for a washout that gives me a window to the gravel. A "hole" in the sand can be huge or very narrow. It can last hours before it fills back in or it can last weeks. A hole can open several times a summer or maybe only open once for a day every 12 years, you just don't know and there is zero way of predicting it.

Those so called Gold hunters are making their fortune selling hogwash to teevee shows. If there was really a chance to find a fortune they sure as hell wouldn't be telling everybody and their mom's about it!

Irons

Deep Sixed
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Another reason I think the Gold story is hogwash is shown in the picture. Muskegon is a busy port for Great Lakes freighters. These ships are 600 to 1000 feet long and Lord knows how much tonnage they carry. Muskegon also has a very active car ferry service running across the lake to Milwaukee a couple times a day.

The shipping channels are cleared of sand a lot, at least once every 2 years and have been for decades. They pump the sand out of the channels and up onto the beach to replenish it. I find it kind of hard to believe a boxcar sitting in the shipping channel hasn't been found yet.

.:don't know:

Last edited:

pitw

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Our weather blows. Went out for the first job of the year and sprayed one tank off and up came the wind. Shut down probably until tomorrow and this ain't good as everyone wants to get going. I'm seriously thinking of quitting this game.

pitw

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Just do what the neighbors do, drop your boom and keep on trucking.
Coop, I've sprayed on days that had 80mph gusts but it was cause the customer needed it done now. I also spray on most days others have quit cause when you know your machine and what it will do, it can be done. On the first day out it was an easy call to shut down and fix a few minor problems before they become major items. Plus the kid wanted to go golfing this eve and I just don't think the guy is getting his money worth yet. Nothing is growing cause it's been so cold and I dug in the ground to find some new growth which is coming and maybe just maybe some of the little bastids will stick their toque out in the air with another 24 hours.

TAEZZAR

LADY JUSTICE ISNT BLIND, SHES JUST AFRAID TO WATCH
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Man that was a short summer.
Back to the usual —
Summer is coming, it's just running late. May showers bring June flowers ! :rotf::rotf::rotf:
Been getting rain for several days. I am happy because I had 5 burn piles that I got to get rid of.

michael59

heads up-butts down
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
It felt down right hot today when I was working on the garden. Mostly sunny with a high of 82. Lots of rain on the way. Hopefully it was a good time to get a bunch of things planted.

View attachment 131841
I think I am growing rye grass in mine.....spitting little rain drops once and a while here....good for growing grass.

gnome

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Expecting rain again tomorrow in SoCal.
Hoping it waits til after the nephew's ballgame is over.
Garden is lush. Collards made a hundred babies and they are going nuts. Even the weeds are tender and tasty.
Cooked up a pan of the wild mustard greens that grow all over this mountain, then I had the wild mustard burps all evening.

GOLDBRIX

Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Heck, This Transplanted BUCKEYE would be chattering here in the bluegrass at 36F.
:thumbs down:

TAEZZAR

LADY JUSTICE ISNT BLIND, SHES JUST AFRAID TO WATCH
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
We are at the coast, git'n ready for the albacore.
First day, fog with wind.
Second day, wind with fog.
Third day wind with clouds.
Fourth day, a little shower with rain at night.
Tomorrow promises clear skies, I won't hold my breath.
Days are mid to high 60's & high 40's at night, a heat run by your guys standards. :2 thumbs up::gracious:

Rusty Shackelford

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
After days and weeks of rain (4 inches in Jan, 4.5 inches in Feb, 5 inches in March, 6.5 inches in April and 7.25 inches in May) we have went almost 10 days without any rain....My guess is that we got all of our rain and will dry out and become a desert over next three months with everyone begging for rain.

Fatrat

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
Rained this morning, should be high 80's and sunny today.

ttazzman

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
rained yesterday.......but starting today the first predicted 4+ day dry spell..........so i cut 4 acres of Brome/Timothy grass this morning to put into small square bales for horses.....picture from last year last cutting for Effect ...:)....and grass this year pre-cutting....

20180930_113444 (Large).jpg
hay edited.jpg

pitw

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Right on 50F here right now with clouds. Had a 1/2 inch of rain yesterday which made talking to customers a lot easier. Forecast is for more moisture in little amounts for the next week. Slept for 11 hours after it started raining.:2 thumbs up:

ttazzman

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Right on 50F here right now with clouds. Had a 1/2 inch of rain yesterday which made talking to customers a lot easier. Forecast is for more moisture in little amounts for the next week. Slept for 11 hours after it started raining.:2 thumbs up:
I have a predicted 3 day dry window (4 would be better) so i cut some hay yesterday afternoon ....with dark clouds overhead but it didnt rain so i got a half day head start on drying ......"fingers crossed" ....humidity is supposed to get down into the 60% range (low for here) ......seems like forcasting is only only fairly accurate for 2-3days....the 10 day forcasts all call for 50% chance of rain or more out past the 3 day window ...been like that for 2 months now

GOLDBRIX

Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
the 10 day forcasts all call for 50% chance of rain or more out past the 3 day window ...been like that for 2 months now
We must be getting your leftover rains moving East. Cincinnati is close to one foot over their average for this time of the years. Central Kentucky is already at 5 inches above average and it is raining as I type this with the outlook the same until Monday (Its Thursday today).

pitw

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
That made me laugh a mite.

I had all the windows open in the house at night to get her down to the 40's by morning last week. Wife got up on one morning and turned the furnace on, we dambed near talked divorce. I won one.:finished 2: Anything over 44 and I wear shorts with my tee. Not much left to take off at your 88 nonsense.

hammerhead

Morphing
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Hot and humid. Waiting for thunderstorms to arrive. Should have been here hours ago. Won't hurt my feelings if they miss us all together. Went to apply stain on a house this morning. No go. Siding even feels damp. Will be Saturday at this rate.

EricTheCat

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Rainy day here today and more wet weather expected. Saturday it rained for hours without a break. My garden is mostly happy about all of this but I noticed the tomato leaves are starting to curl up indicating they are getting too much water. To be fair, that happens probably every year here at some point.