• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

How’s Your Weather?

ttazzman

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
In my youth, I used to be that little machine there, right behind the tractor. Grabbin those bales and tossin em up on a flatbed trailer for another youth to stack. Five cents a bale for us two youth.
agricultural Idaho

Yeah, Eric, we get sunshine, I just tend to post only those rainy week forecasts to discourage emigrants. :Happy:
BF
you were getting big bucks....that was my first job... .03 a bale at 14yrs old.....saved my money and bought me a 50 chev pu.....and the hay truck and its customers from the old guy that hired me....by 16yrs old.....ran that truck for last two years of highschool i charged .25 a bale field to barn....of course i paid the employees, fuel, etc ....it was normal to pull into a field at 3pm in a 1000 bales on ground and pull out about midnight...or if there were more...swap out guys at midnight n keep going ....i was the only one that never got to swap out .....young n tough back then....old n lazy now :) ..but a lot more to the process when your doing it all cut/tedder/rake/bale/load n unload by yourself....i do it in smaller bites with more equipment :) ....in many ways its me returning to my youth

mtnman

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
In my youth, I used to be that little machine there, right behind the tractor. Grabbin those bales and tossin em up on a flatbed trailer for another youth to stack. Five cents a bale for us two youth.
agricultural Idaho

Yeah, Eric, we get sunshine, I just tend to post only those rainy week forecasts to discourage emigrants. :Happy:
BF
I made 10cents a bale but we had stack it on the trailer and then stack it in whoever's barn was buying it. 100lb bales, we were tough back then...
PS, I have an idea it's emerald.

pitw

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Taz, what the [L] kinda buncher is that. Never ever seed nothing like that. Has it a name or something I could look up?

ttazzman

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Taz, what the [L] kinda buncher is that. Never ever seed nothing like that. Has it a name or something I could look up?
https://e-ztrail.com/products/bale_wagons.php (click on bale basket)

this came up at a local auction got(stole) it for $85 no one but me knew what it was ..... its really great i have people that want 50-60 bales i can just clip it on n go .....then park it in the barn/field then either dump it or take it to them....they say they will hold ~100 bales but 60 is the most i have ever put in it.... i really like it wish i had more....most of my square bales i use a accumagrapple and put on trailers n wagons....this is my first year using it only used it a couple of times but it works like they advertize at the website...i am happy

Last edited:

EricTheCat

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Man, I never existed in a time when most people walked around with silver in their pockets. "Are the good times really over for good?". I knew since I was 8 (in the late 80s) to look for silver in change but only ever found 1 dime and years later one 1963 quarter (about 10 years ago).

Somehow it hasn't rained yet today and I got to mow my jungle. Half of me didn't want to with all the flowering red clover. It's the other nasty stuff growing that made me do it. I will probably be photographing lightning when I should be sleeping.

Bottom Feeder

Hypophthalmichthys molitrix
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Man, I never existed in a time when most people walked around with silver in their pockets
Yeah, even the Canadians had silver — and you could buy it at a discount! Same silver content, just exchange rates between u.s. and canuc. Sometimes it was as much as a dime or more apart. (on a dollar that is)

EricTheCat

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Yeah, even the Canadians had silver — and you could buy it at a discount! Same silver content, just exchange rates between u.s. and canuc. Sometimes it was as much as a dime or more apart. (on a dollar that is)
I had a math teacher that said he had a friend who back in the day exchanged for a bunch of Canadian quarters. He used them up over time and saved some money in the long run. Not sure if that was in the silver days or not.

hammerhead

Morphing
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Man, I never existed in a time when most people walked around with silver in their pockets. "Are the good times really over for good?". I knew since I was 8 (in the late 80s) to look for silver in change but only ever found 1 dime and years later one 1963 quarter (about 10 years ago).

Somehow it hasn't rained yet today and I got to mow my jungle. Half of me didn't want to with all the flowering red clover. It's the other nasty stuff growing that made me do it. I will probably be photographing lightning when I should be sleeping.
Getting to the bi weekly lawn mowing. Part of my lawn has flowering clovers. Just kinda showed up and has been spreading. I wish it would take over my whole lawn. It's soft, looks nice and doesn't get tall.

EricTheCat

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Getting to the bi weekly lawn mowing. Part of my lawn has flowering clovers. Just kinda showed up and has been spreading. I wish it would take over my whole lawn. It's soft, looks nice and doesn't get tall.
I have a really good amount of clover there along with some other nice wildflowers. If it wasn't for the willow I would have let the area be. I like to think some fall or spring I will eradicate all the willow to make the area more manageable. I left a little patch of clover where there wasn't willow coming up. My sacrifice to the butterflies that were feeding in the area.

hammerhead

Morphing
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
I have a really good amount of clover there along with some other nice wildflowers. If it wasn't for the willow I would have let the area be. I like to think some fall or spring I will eradicate all the willow to make the area more manageable. I left a little patch of clover where there wasn't willow coming up. My sacrifice to the butterflies that were feeding in the area.
Previous years there was a large amount of honey bees. Very few here this year as a place I worked on recently.

hammerhead

Morphing
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Got a couple of good down pours tonight. Cooled things off a little. Expecting close to 100's this weekend. Hope to get to the river even though I can no longer go off rope swing. Last time I did that, I thought I was paralyzed and was lucky to work my way up to the surface.

EricTheCat

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Previous years there was a large amount of honey bees. Very few here this year as a place I worked on recently.
For the bees I mow one side of my property at a time and wait for each side to flower. Also I leave an area along the ditch that has a lot of thistle. I see a lot of honey bees there.

The farm field across the road from me never did anything this spring. There's just this random prairie there now. It wouldn't surprise me if the incredibly wet year we have had has something to do with it.

pitw

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Thunder and lightning headed my way from the West right now. Supposed to get up to 60ish the next couple days with more storms. They were warmer up North at furthest point where people exist than here the last couple days. Gonna go sit on the hill North of the yard and watch for a couple hours.

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
I was gratified to notice honeybee behavior regarding my passion flower vines (got a blue jillion feet of them going all over the place). Hadda call Herself out to see:

Every single flower had a honeybee in it busily doing her thing. It looked like an insect version of musical chairs.

By 10:30 AM each morning, the flowers have all closed. No more honeybee bidness for the day.

spinalcracker

On a mail train.
Silver Miner
Site Supporter ++
Got a couple of good down pours tonight. Cooled things off a little. Expecting close to 100's this weekend. Hope to get to the river even though I can no longer go off rope swing. Last time I did that, I thought I was paralyzed and was lucky to work my way up to the surface.
That must be one hella rope swing!...

pitw

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Rolling thunder just moving in and I was outside doing something unimportant when it started. Sounded like a 100 mile long train piling up for at least 5 minutes. Came in when the water started and am glad I did as frick did it start pouring. Only 54F out and the water coming down feels like -30. Someone is going to lose crops outta this bitch I'm afraid to say.
And as I type this looking out the window a Robin is bouncing around the lawn like it is a sunny afternoon.

MrLucky

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
They're saying 100F, with humidity to feel like 110F on Saturday. I think they're blowing smoke to put fear in folks to not go out in it.

coopersmith

for fuck sake..........
Silver Miner
Its 105 here, oh baby..........been working indoors, hanging some blinds, and other stuff.

coopersmith

for fuck sake..........
Silver Miner
It can always be worse.

Its supposed to be 108 tomorrow.

hammerhead

Morphing
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
That must be one hella rope swing!...

Naw, that was a little one. Just a swoop and a splash. Not like the Oar Beds where you had to wear shoes because your feet would always hit at the bottom no matter how far you tried to climb the rope while it was in motion. Saw my first naked lady skinny dipper there. Was funny. A person would have to swim to the other side in order to get to the rope. I was watching as this girl was floating her way over in the center of a tire tube and when she got close to shore, bottoms up out of the tube with full moon on display.

pitw

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Still going up, 108 now.........
That's more than 50 degrees warmer than here and 50 degrees is comfy. You folk must not have any kids in April as sex can't be any fun at 108. Frick nothing could be fun at 108. Give me -40 instead.

EricTheCat

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
94° with a dewpoint of 80°, heat index of 115° :Out:
I was just outside for maybe 5 minutes and I am drenched with sweat and I am in pretty good shape other than low heat tolerance.

phoneman

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Just had an OL from the NY Giants die here in Arkansas from heat stroke. Think he was in his early thirties. Played on Super Bowl team and Ark U.

EricTheCat

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Dang. That heat was no joke.

Cooler here today. Storm came through and broke a few branches. One about 6" diameter limb down across the road. I was at a nearby park trying to get lightning pics when the wind hit. The wind tore some bark off a tree, small piece hit my face. That stung.

I am waiting for the rain to stop to walk the property and see if there are any surprises.

EricTheCat

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
I walked the property to review the aftermath of the storm. Nothing too major.
StormDamage-2019-07-20-Img_9000SS.jpg

This one will be a chore but I think I'll have it taken care of tomorrow.
StormDamage-2019-07-20-Img_9003SS.jpg

The view of the storm from the nearby park. The branches on the left belong to a tree that had pieces of bark fly off when the wind picked up..
Storm-2019-07-20-Img_8992S.jpg

davycoppitt

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter ++
94° with a dewpoint of 80°, heat index of 115° :Out:
I was just outside for maybe 5 minutes and I am drenched with sweat and I am in pretty good shape other than low heat tolerance.
Was outside yesterday from 7AM to 10PM. On call for that crap. I wore long sleeves and took water and completely soaked the shirt. That was the only way it was tolorable.

Today no calls which was nice. About a 30 degree drop from yesterday.

Last edited:

coopersmith

for fuck sake..........
Silver Miner
Its finally cooling off here, cooler than its been in a week. We had a nice half inch of rain. From the looks of the light show, the boys up north are getting their asses handed to em.