• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

How’s Your Weather?

TAEZZAR

LADY JUSTICE ISNT BLIND, SHES JUST AFRAID TO WATCH
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
I am at the Orygun coast for my annual 4 month fishing fun. It has been no fun, due to crappy weather. Wind, fog, rain, wind, fog, rain, did I say wind, rain fog, yes, lots of wind rain & for, we are all sitting around waiting for the weather to get better & the tuna to move in. On top of that, I have had severe electronics problems. Got a new unit & it is sucking my 1,000 amp batteries dry !!! The good part is that the tuna are late & I have time to analyze the problem & hopefully fix it.

coopersmith

for fuck sake..........
Silver Miner
Best of luck to you. I had 2500 acres of nice dryland wheat hailed out on a saturday evening this year. We had the equipment gone thru and ready to go, it was just a little wet yet. Mother nature wiped our asses for us.

You cant win for losing, im about over it. All I want to do is trap coyotes, and take a nap.

Thats why I run shadecloth here at the house.

:confused:

Last edited:

pitw

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Windier than [L]. 58F and it was 84F yesterday when a Batch of thunderstorms rolled in. Was driving by a canola field when a gust[musta been close to a hunnert] came through and it was neat to see[even while feeling sorry for the owner] as a kazillion yellow petals took off making a yellow haze. Around me there was from 1/10th to 3.5 inch's of water dumped, dust is flying at my place. Crops are being laid down along with trees. Had a fellow call me to see if I had time to spray his corn and I said I'd be right there. Like [L] you will was the reply.:laughing::laughing:

pitw

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Prairie thunder storms Yesterday and wind that was stoopid. Saw a couple hay fields that had been cut but not baled. Big piles of hay that had been blown together. Them ones are gonna be a bitch to clean up. I got 3/10ths and 2 miles North 1.7 inch's. Local town of 2,000 had no power frrom 5 pm until midnight as the wind shut it down. Funny how all it takes is no power for folks to come out and have a visit.LOL

engineear

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
Haven't downloaded off my phone but a few days ago car registered outside temp at 115 and pool temp is holding at 94...honest. when you get out and there's a breeze...youre chilly for a minute or so.

pitw

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
honest. when you get out and there's a breeze...youre chilly for a minute or so.
Even the wife rolled her eyes when I read her this one. Sorry but at 115 I fail to see how anything could be cool. I will admit I wear a wet toque at 90F to keep cool.

engineear

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
Once out of the pool the breeze cools you. HVAC guys out here wear long sleeves, long pants (a friend is in the business and this is how he goes to work)obviously he sweats but there's usually a breeze blowing and even on the roofs he says he's cooled off by the wind.

Believe it....or not.

Bring your wife out for a dip...I'll show you.

coopersmith

for fuck sake..........
Silver Miner
Me and the boy got up at 4:45. We already got 2 things done. When its 99 at 2 pm, well lay around in the recliners in our underwear and take a nap, like messi-cants. So goes life on the prairie.

pitw

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Fog. Couldn't see 50 yds this am. Supposed to get up to 80 something today with more T storms coming through. Ain't seen this much screwed hay in years.

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Had some mid nineties past couple weeks but we had some rain come and cooled things back into the 80's. Very tolerable now. Been getting enough rain to keep everything looking healthy (so far). The past few years we have gotten multiple stints of dead looking vegetation. Perhaps that's coming up in the coming month but as I said, it's been a terrific season so far comparatively. Had a mini storm a day ago and rain forecasted for Friday.

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Yeah that corn looks terrible. How that must have felt to the people who put in all the time to get it growing. Nature can be a bitch. (Please be nice, nature, you know I am not lying).
Mother nature sure can be ruthless when she's not nurturing.

pitw

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Your corn looks about like a fellows wheat 6 miles south of me. The storm that shut down my power also finished his combining. He's talking to me about putting fertilizer on it to see if he can get feed outta it. I've done it before and had it work well but this was pretty advanced.

1564541943016.png

1564541975558.png

pitw

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Have they fences or cattle to put out there and at least eat what's left?
Colorado....so much pot even fences get the munchies!

spinalcracker

On a mail train.
Silver Miner
Site Supporter ++
Have they fences or cattle to put out there and at least eat what's left?

Single wire electric fence is all they put up when they let the cows loose in the fields..

I don’t know what they will do..the corn was just starting to make ears...

After they collect insurance maybe they will make silage out of it?..

pitw

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Coolest August I've seen in maybe my life with cloudy days. I'm supposed to be desiccating crops but it keeps sprinkling every few hours. I'm getting as pissed as the farmers. Them boys are in a bind as crops are 2-3 weeks behind and the old girl may freeze them out at any time.

michael59

heads up-butts down
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Yep, kept that marine flow like every week or so here and made for the harvest to drag on a bit.

Funny: so after the grass was done these guys switched to wheat but they needed only one combine running so...I was done. BUT, before I was done or when I was done they brought the other 9500 overto swap out because the one doing the wheat had a split straw walker...AND, on the feeder housing of the crippled one was wheat with no dust. Hummm? somebody running the real to fast and the ground speed to slow?

Me? I am still off drinking beer.

pitw

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
It got up to 70F here today with sunshine. Couple combines started moving. Wind was down so we are almost caught up on the spraying. Phone rang while I was typing and we are behind a bit again.LOL

michael59

heads up-butts down
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
So? Two weeks and its down here then, maybe five weeks. I have noticed there is a bit of chill in the morning breath, you know right before the sun comes up.

We have been sucking up the cloud stream here in Oregon, not sure how far north or south it goes. But if your Indian summers have already started then when this cloud cover swings north ours will begin. That means 'Snitzer' time is coming and I had better get my cider baskets in good repair, soon.

Haven't spotted the Geese yet but the Hawks have already made it though and are petering out as of now.

spinalcracker

On a mail train.
Silver Miner
Site Supporter ++
48 cool degrees eastern Colorado high Plains

First time under 50 since early spring and it feels really good

Hi in the low 80s today and tomorrow 77 for the high

Then we get unseasonably warm in the 80s and a few in the 90s predicted and looks like we might make no frost till October 15

All those corn farmers that planted late corn are farting in clover with this Indian summer

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Got rain yesterday. Back into the high 80s today. Been a great summer.

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Fn snowing and it's 31F out. Guys down South of me 200 miles have a couple feet and some are looking for 3 foot. Farmers are all pissed as they are drinking instead of combining.
Jeepers pit, I've got the ac on.