• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

How’s Your Weather?

ttazzman

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Survivor
Reaction score
Was in the mid-eighties last night... right now 46

since i am slightly north of you.......just revise those temps down 5deg on both sides....pretty big weather change last night for sure

newmisty

Transcending the 5 Elements
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
since i am slightly north of you.......just revise those temps down 5deg on both sides....pretty big weather change last night for sure
It's that schizophrenic time of the year. If you don't like the weather...wait 5 minutes!

newmisty

Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
i dont mind the change.....just hate the wind that comes with the big swings......:beer:
Its really somethin' eh'? My 1/2 ton gets shoved real good on open stretches of 49

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
Florida is hot, humid, buggy...and, FLAT.

That said...I'm hoping to spend Christmas there. Anything beats another winter. And any bit of winter I can skip, is a blessing, one hour at a time.

FLAT is one of the best reasons I live here. With knees made of different parts of my body (TINS), I don't do hills at all well. We DO have a mountain in Floriduh: Mount Dora.
1603539328990.png
It's nosebleed high: 148' above sea level. So there!

Casey Jones

Ridin' that train
Gold Chaser
Reaction score
FLAT is one of the best reasons I live here. With knees made of different parts of my body (TINS), I don't do hills at all well. We DO have a mountain in Floriduh: Mount Dora.
View attachment 185781 It's nosebleed high: 148' above sea level. So there!

Oh, dear me.

I discovered the Rockies when I was still young enough to think sliding down hills on strips of wood, was fun.

And in my part of Ohoho, a "ski hill" was about a thousand feet long. And people actually paid to go there, and lined up for the rope-tow. Boston Mills...in the Cuyahoga Valley, now the Cuyahoga Valley National Park, south of Cleveland.

Anyway. All the fall trips I took, in the Navy...to Colorado Springs on leave...in my VW camper...the route I'd take each year, took me right by Leadville. Usually late in the evening, first day out. I'd always stop for a few beers and a camping site I knew. It's the highest incorporated municipality in the US...over 10,000 feet up.

Getting down to Colorado Springs, at only 6000 feet...get your wind back, finally.

Now, I'm in the lowlands, at 3500 feet. Low enough to stay warm, three seasons. High enough up that humidity and skeeters aren't a real problem.

But...where you got bad knees, I got bad circulation. When your feet hurt from the cold, winter just ain't fun no more.

Two bad falls on ice, last winter, didn't change my outlook. I didn't break anything. I won't always be so lucky.

Nope...I am gonna load up the Stealth Camper and head Southeast. I got me a bed, a stove, a big picnic fly, baseboard heater in the van...folding chair, books...what else do I need? Except for checking my mail, I could just stay down there as long as I chose.

hoarder

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
!8" of snow in some spots, 16" overall. "Global warming" should be here any day now.

mnmom

Seeker
Seeker
Reaction score
I just remembered we had some interesting weather Wednesday morning. 9:30 AM, normally light out, it was darker than night. Thick clouds with thunder sleet and smoke. Any light you could see was real yellow when it started to clear.
It was an interesting morning. Thunder then snow and sleet here. Just after 8 inches of snow.

Attachments

• 20201022_090256.jpg
    20201022_090256.jpg
    872.1 KB · Views: 30

newmisty

Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
It was an interesting morning. Thunder then snow and sleet here. Just after 8 inches of snow.
It took me a few seconds to see what we were looking at there....your pics got a case of CrAcKeR syndrome.

newmisty

Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
I'm not real tech savvy.
Me either, but no worries madam mnmom, its not you but something like the software and digital mumbo jumbo. It never happened to me until I recently got a new phone that apparently does higher-resolution photographs so I think that might have something to do with it. Either way it keeps us on our toes and stretching out our necks. :)

hoarder

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
7 degrees f this morning and clear. East wind. I'm looking for Elk.

Cold 002.JPG

newmisty

Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score

Casey Jones

Ridin' that train
Gold Chaser
Reaction score
7!? Minga Joey! Fresh and clean however. Thanks for the pic.

Yup. Seven.

I'm several hundred miles away from hoarder, but it appears we're in the same weather belt. Which is unusual in the mountains.

Hard cold front went through; and now, intense sunshine but no heat at all. Records were broken overnight.

newmisty

Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
Yup. Seven.

I'm several hundred miles away from hoarder, but it appears we're in the same weather belt. Which is unusual in the mountains.

Hard cold front went through; and now, intense sunshine but no heat at all. Records were broken overnight.
Keeps the riff raff out though eh'?

Goldhedge

Retired
Mother Lode
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
It was 71° yesterday.

It's 10° today...

Casey Jones

Ridin' that train
Gold Chaser
Reaction score
Keeps the riff raff out though eh'?

I WISH.

This town is LOUSY with Californicators. The weather's not to their liking; but it's virgin territory...where they can march for Leftism on the streets, safely, and then retreat to one of the four Starbuxx in town. Where they can bellyache about Wealth Disparity and Sustainable Development, while living in beautiful McMansions in Rattlesnake, just outside town.

No...as I see our bum colony, under the mile-long low bridge over the river...grow and grow...I know: The weather doesn't keep the riffraff out. Nor will even Alaska winters, as things get closer to Full-Retard Collapse.

newmisty

Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
25 today

17 tomorrow with single digit lows

currently under a winter storm warning with freezing rain and 2-4 inches snow predicted in next 24-36 hours
47, cloudy here... Ill take it!

ErrosionOfAccord

#1 Global Warmer
Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
-7 predicted here tonight. I was over the first snow excitement two weeks ago. Ex GF threatened to sue me for falling down my front porch steps. Can’t really blame her. I’d never put that plastic wood shit down again. It’s slick in rain or snow and hotter than hell when the sun is out. Whoo hoo my nine months of winter has kicked in!

Casey Jones

Ridin' that train
Gold Chaser
Reaction score
-7 predicted here tonight. I was over the first snow excitement two weeks ago. Ex GF threatened to sue me for falling down my front porch steps. Can’t really blame her. I’d never put that plastic wood shit down again. It’s slick in rain or snow and hotter than hell when the sun is out. Whoo hoo my nine months of winter has kicked in!

When it dries out, tack or glue down those grit-strips...I'm sure Home Dee-phew has them, Ace if not. They used to use them even on locomotive steps, which can get slippery in winter (EMD locomotives are made in Mexico now, and they don't have the snow we do...so engineering of things like walkways and vents, suffers even more on post-2000 designs). But those grit-strips last.

I'm assuming you meant a plasticized paint covering on the steps. The one time my old man inadvertantly bought some of that, and saw it was too slick, he went to a playground, stole a couple of pounds of play sand out of the kids' box, and mixed it in with the paint. Worked great for a couple of years.

newmisty

Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
Id try the strips casey mentioned or one of the additives for a paint. It's usually just a bunch of granules in the bag you dump in the paint and you end up with a gritty surface. I used it on a commercial floor with success.

clear-seal-krete-paint-additives-402002-64_1000.jpg

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Seal-Krete-3-2-oz-Clear-Grip-Anti-Skid-Additive-402002/203002764

Also seen like these:

RockSolidIndustrial-Anti-Slip.jpg

Etc
clear-rust-oleum-paint-additives-301244-64_1000.jpg

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Rust-Oleum-8-oz-Anti-Skid-Additive-301244/206495776

Scorpio

для продажи слегка подержанный
Founding Member
Board Elder
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score

newmisty

Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
with you on that,
don't care for plastic decks, plastic siding, etc.
My mentor friend would talk about people living in plastic boxes and how 2/3 of the people would die from the inhalation of the toxic fumes coming off of the houses before succumbing to other dangers present in apocalyptic/etc. scenarios

Scorpio

для продажи слегка подержанный
Founding Member
Board Elder
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
new, you have some experience with this stuff too,

what many don't realize with plastic sidings, even alum or steel, is the design of them,

they are water catchers and insect magnets. In the fall, all manner of bugs crawl in thru the j channels/corner posts/etc and camp out in the house walls.

nothing wrong with the install, just the design of the products,
first time I ever pulled off those sidings, saw it first hand and since come to realize it is quite consistent

newmisty

Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
new, you have some experience with this stuff too,

what many don't realize with plastic sidings, even alum or steel, is the design of them,

they are water catchers and insect magnets. In the fall, all manner of bugs crawl in thru the j channels/corner posts/etc and camp out in the house walls.

nothing wrong with the install, just the design of the products,
first time I ever pulled off those sidings, saw it first hand and since come to realize it is quite consistent
Yep. I once pulled apart an 80 year old house made sheathed with barn board with a simple layer of tar paper underneath the "car siding" and it was almost perfect.

hoarder

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
7!? Minga Joey! Fresh and clean however. Thanks for the pic.
It finally got up to around 30 today. I passed a guy that had more than 4 Elk hooves sticking out of the side of his pickup.
Poor dog can't even sniff the ground without getting a white face.
Verde-dog 004.JPG
Verde-dog 005.JPG

newmisty

Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score

Silver

Midas Board Mmbr
Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
90 today, supposed be 22 tomorrow night. It has been like an endless summer (hot) and now its gonna get cold - very little cool weather, just hot.

coopersmith

for fuck sake..........
Silver Miner
Reaction score
In extreme se colorado we are looking at snow 8-10 inches, and winds to 40. Its supposed to snow til Wednesday nite, an albequrcue low. there is another one right behind her. Pueblo up to 20 inches according to NOAA. It will help the wheat and pasture grass, its still a week til trapping season anyway, ill have some mud to look for tracks, instead of dust, which sucks.........

:2 thumbs up:

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
with you on that,
don't care for plastic decks, plastic siding, etc.
I have friend who had a deck made from the fake wood. Stuff is said to be able last for 100's of years.
His problem ended up being that the idjits that installed it used wood 4x4's under it to support it. They rotted in 15 years and the deck dropped. So it didn't do any good to use the other stuff for the deck itself. To fix it, ya gotta tear the deck apart. So he just paid for a new one made out of actual wood that prolly won't last any longer than the first one. Lol

HistoryStudent

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score

hammerhead

Morphing
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
I've seen decks and treads covered with rubber mats.

dacrunch

Midas Member
Midas Member
Reaction score
How's my weather? Feels seasonal. Currently in Sweden, upper 30s lower 40s. 4 rainy days then 2 sunny.

Goldbrix

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
Last night 55 degrees and a light rain. Overnight rain turned to snow about an inch so far, but weather is predicting it will stick around until late Tuesday up to 2 inches.
First snow for Central KY.

HistoryStudent

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Really cold 46 degrees last night till 6:00 a.m.
Yesterday 73 degrees at 1 p.m. boring same as today... 73 degree sunny light real clouds...

No. San Diego County - 3 miles from beach...

IF I was 60 years younger I would GO SURFING...

In the meantime - into my shorts and muscle shirt with NONE!