• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

How’s Your Weather?

Casey Jones

Ridin' that train
Silver Miner
Reaction score
I got a choice.

I got an option. I'm trying to decide whether to use it.

I have held off any travel for the last year. I was gonna go to Floriduh for Christmas, but that didn't happen. And I was gonna go in January, but that didn't happen - I didn't know if Old Georg, there in the Caymans, would order up paychecks for more shock troops.

Now we have the idiocy of triple-masking, but I have a rudimentary medicine cabinet.

And now, winter...as noted...has finally come. Snowing hard all day today. Temperature right now is 23, and that's the warmest it's been in 36 hours.

I could just load up, and blow this icebox for six weeks. I have the money; I even have the road food. I have a van I can sleep in, easily...even got electric heat, if I want to plug in somewhere.

Trying to decide.

Buck

Trying Something Different!
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
My drive way is iced in and it's not melting off anytime soon..., but at my age, I usually like it to be at least 60 and that requires snowmobile gear.
and my usually cold ass can completely admit:
I'd love to jump a snowmobile

one of the powered rides i've not controlled, even if i'm in full control or not

and powder can make the landing softer...and make the body easier to hide from the passing snowmobilers...probably why i've not done it

:beer:

snicker...yet

Buck

Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
question:
does anything 'flick' off the back seat of a snowmobile, in deep snow, easily?

asking for a friend

DodgebyDave

Metal Messiah
Midas Member
Reaction score
It warms my heart to see most of Ohio getting snow!

MrLucky

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Silver Miner
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
Just another day in paradise. 30 inches of snow last Monday-Tuesday. Another 8 inches last night. More forecast for Tuesday and Friday.
Another 2 inches this morning, 5 inches forecast for the day. More coming on Thurs-Fri.

Casey Jones

Ridin' that train
Silver Miner
Reaction score
Why is that?

Doesn't Ohio get snow anymore? It's been 13 years since I left...has Glow Bull Warming brought them into the sunshine?

Lt Dan

Gold Pirate
Midas Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Was a wet snow, tried using the snow blower - to wet.
Got the tractor out - put on the blade - snow gone off drive now.
Almost nice out in the 30s.

However, I think the mail lady is stuck somewhere out there, as she hasn't showed herself yet.

Dave, your turn is coming, Ha! We usually get your left overs unless they go on north.

TylerDurden

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Seeker
Reaction score
Our snow was very dry down here in southwest OH. Making snowballs wasn't easy but we'll take whatever we can get. This was the first time I've been able to get the golf cart out and pull the kids around in a few years. My 3 year old was in heaven.

DodgebyDave

Metal Messiah
Midas Member
Reaction score
damnit Dan.......now I'm getting snow! You should be banned!

Brio

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
-32C here this morning and forecast is colder tonight. Not unusual but I sure would like some sunshine and I enjoy being outside.

Veli Hopea

Seeker
Reaction score
We have also a good real winter here.

But hey, shouldn't we have the Arctic Sea free of ice soon? Ship cruises over the North Pole during midsummer etc? Wouldn't that be nice? Not going to happen if the climate change does not kick in better.

BigJim#1-8

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
70 & Sunny today. Supposed to plunge into the 40's over the weekend.

Bottom Feeder

Hypophthalmichthys molitrix
Midas Member
Sr Midas Supporter +++
Reaction score
SOS — only this time frozen (or close to it)

weather.JPG

gotta keep them mountain ranges purdy...

dacrunch

Midas Member
Midas Member
Reaction score
-32C here this morning and forecast is colder tonight. Not unusual but I sure would like some sunshine and I enjoy being outside.

Uh, I still have green lettuce & chives & onions & more growing in my garden.... No tomatoes though...
Kind of "winter" that I don't dislike, after years of snow shoveling...

Buck

Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score

But hey, shouldn't we have the Arctic Sea free of ice soon? Ship cruises over the North Pole during midsummer etc? Wouldn't that be nice? Not going to happen if the climate change does not kick in better.
the last of the great california glaciers broke loose yesterday, caused a sewer back up that went south of the border...

TJ didn't skip a beat

https://www.washingtonpost.com/outl...uanas-shared-sewage-problem-has-long-history/

:green tea:

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
Rain all fall & winter...
The Garonne River, south-west of France, has flooded way over its banks... And the snow hasn't even melted off the two mountain ranges that feed it...

PS - Best (imho) weather observation website (free) - GLOBALLY - with a TON of settings - & zoom in/out -
www.ventuski.com
KEWL, I downloaded it too. Better than the local maps on TV and my smart phone. THANX dacrunch

GOLDBRIX

Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
My drive way is iced in and it's not melting off anytime soon..., but at my age, I usually like it to be at least 60 and that requires snowmobile gear.
Yep, We had an ice storm last night. Everything here is covered with about a quarter inch + of ice. Currently 21 degrees F with a projected high of 28.

MrLucky

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Silver Miner
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score

GOLDBRIX

Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score

TAEZZAR

LADY JUSTICE ISNT BLIND, SHES JUST AFRAID TO WATCH
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score

gnome

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
We didn't have a winter here.
Usually get several frosts in a year, we didn't get a single one. Basils always die off, this year they just looked sad for 3 months and now are pushing out new growth.
Low rainfall so far, if we don't get some heavy spring rains then it's gonna be another long and expensive fire season.

D-FENZ

Gold Chaser
Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score

And what about Venice! Didn't Algore say it would be totally underwater by 2010? The place is drying up. Maybe Gretta shamed the gods or something.

Good gawd the place must stink...

1614685869871.png

Venice's famous canals dry up for second time in three years | Daily Mail Online

coopersmith

for fuck sake..........
Silver Miner
Reaction score
You got more snow than us. We got rain.

Casey Jones

Ridin' that train
Silver Miner
Reaction score
well the Big Colorado Snow Storm of the Century was a nothing burger out on the eastern high plains

View attachment 204736
The Weather Girls are constantly trying to gin up panic. Back 25 years ago, when this trend started, they'd close schools in ADVANCE of a storm, before the first flakes fell. Now, of course, in most libburl areas, there's no school to close; but still, they want to see idiots lining up at grocers' to buy eggs and bread and toilet paper.

The way the mediuh manipulate and abuse the public, is becoming obvious, undeniable, and criminal. Justice Holmes harumped that no Free Speech mandate gave a speaker the right to scream "Fire!" in a crowded theater. Is that not what these blow-dried kollege grrlz who do Weather...actually do? SPREAD FALSE PANIC.

Turn your idiot box off and keep it off. The mediuh LIES. When you hear something over mass media, it's even-money it's untrue.

spinalcracker

On a mail train.
Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
they must have got hit pretty hard up north of us......287/40 is closed here in town , trucks are stacked up like logs.....I imagine I-70 got hammered between Denver and the Kansas line

Edit: yeah , I guess it was brutal north of us for sure

Whiteout, Brutal Conditions’ On I-70, Closures In Colorado Mountains, Foothills & Out East

https://denver.cbslocal.com/2021/03...orado-i70-foothills-mountains-eastern-plains/

dacrunch

Midas Member
Midas Member
Reaction score
Southwest France

One of my plum trees has already shed its blossoms, the other is blooming, as well as the pear tree and the 2 cherry trees. The buds on the fig trees haven't opened yet. My grapes haven't started budding yet.
I bought my potted tomato & bell pepper plants, will put them in the ground shortly.
Nice to have "early spring" in this region (near Bordeaux).
We seldom have below freezing weather, sometimes frost in the morning. (Low altitude in a wide valley, surrounded by a town.) Lots of rain in the fall, but often long dry spells in the summer.

spinalcracker

On a mail train.
Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
Southwest France

One of my plum trees has already shed its blossoms, the other is blooming, as well as the pear tree and the 2 cherry trees. The buds on the fig trees haven't opened yet. My grapes haven't started budding yet.
I bought my potted tomato & bell pepper plants, will put them in the ground shortly.
Nice to have "early spring" in this region (near Bordeaux).
We seldom have below freezing weather, sometimes frost in the morning. (Low altitude in a wide valley, surrounded by a town.) Lots of rain in the fall, but often long dry spells in the summer.

sounds like some beautiful weather

at 44.83 latitude the weather is similar to Port Angeles Washington , a tad better in Bordeaux for sure

you will have to share some photos of your garden in the Random Pictures Thread

398A1991-7175-4B5B-ABCC-6A5EC65EF742.jpeg

dozer99

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
Snowing sideways in South Central Oregon. Not fluffy snow either, it's the kind that sicks to stop signs and telephone poles. Crappy day for sure.

dacrunch

Midas Member
Midas Member
Reaction score
sounds like some beautiful weather

at 44.83 latitude the weather is similar to Port Angeles Washington , a tad better in Bordeaux for sure

you will have to share some photos of your garden in the Random Pictures Thread

View attachment 204746

We get the benefit of the Gulf Stream, warm water from the Caribbean, skirting past Florida and crossing the North Atlantic to the north east. The East Coast of the US gets the cold currents coming southward down from the Arctic, past Maine (where the water is freezing in August!)....

So completely different weather at the same latitudes...

dacrunch

Midas Member
Midas Member
Reaction score
You can see it all at the best free weather site in the world - tons of settings - all interactive with zoom

www.ventuski.com

Ventuski.jpg