• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

How’s Your Weather?

pitw

Gold Chaser
Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
Still freezing every night but warm in the day time.
Drier than a popcorn toot though, as can be seen by the alkali blowing off a slough a 1/4 mile West of home. This is not unusual except that it is far to early for the slough to dry up.

alkali.jpg

EricTheCat

An ant on a hill.
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Geeze, BottomFeeder, you're way colder than MinneSNOWta

Weather-2021-06-06.JPG

coopersmith

for fuck sake..........
Silver Miner
Reaction score
98 here this afternoon, s winds @ 24 gusting to 30. The humidity is 11%......hehehe So much for the rain we had a few weeks ago. It was fun while it lasted, except for the mowing. We will be starting wheat harvest in a few weeks. I may fire myself before we even start. I have been getting fired alot lately, its been great. I find alot of the time, I just dont care.

:2 thumbs up:

spinalcracker

On a mail train.
Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
We have had more rain this year than in a long time. Neighbor has lived here over 30 years and never seen it this wet.

The prairie has turned from burnt brown to happy green with more wildflowers than ever. Looking forward to blooming cacti.

But that moisture will soon dry up as we have went from the 50’s right on into the 90’s , with wind.

Mosquitoes are here in epidemic proportions.

coopersmith

for fuck sake..........
Silver Miner
Reaction score
that place always gets mosquitos pretty bad, so much junk laying around to catch water. We are green down here too, but the 98 and 30 mph winds sure put a damper in things. the cacti are full bore here, you ought to have blooms at any time.

EricTheCat

An ant on a hill.
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Been real dry and hot here but did have a storm come through this morning. Forecast for the foreseeable future: 80s, 90s, clear and sunny.
Can't think of a June where I had to water the garden almost every night.

dacrunch

Midas Member
Midas Member
Reaction score
Been real dry and hot here but did have a storm come through this morning. Forecast for the foreseeable future: 80s, 90s, clear and sunny.
Can't think of a June where I had to water the garden almost every night.

Southwest France... in the 30's C... over 90's F... No rain... watering the garden every evening...

A/C in the living room, leave the bedroom door open with the ceiling fan...

nickndfl

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++
Reaction score
Water is nice come on in!

Attachments

• IMG-20210610-WA0002_resize_76.jpg
    IMG-20210610-WA0002_resize_76.jpg
    199.9 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG-20210610-WA0003_resize_50.jpg
    IMG-20210610-WA0003_resize_50.jpg
    223.1 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG-20210612-WA0001_resize_40.jpg
    IMG-20210612-WA0001_resize_40.jpg
    224.2 KB · Views: 12

coopersmith

for fuck sake..........
Silver Miner
Reaction score
Looks nice Nick, whats the scum line on the beach?

EricTheCat

An ant on a hill.
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
80F and getting warmer. I hate it.
Nature is like: What do you want? Hot? Or Cold?

Whatever you choose (or it decides), nature is like "Okay, here you go!!!!!"

Brio

Site Supporter
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Everyone complains about the weather, but no one does anything about it.
sheesh
eta to add, quoting Mark Twain

Last edited:

Casey Jones

Ridin' that train
Gold Chaser
Reaction score
It got up to 92 here in Berkeley-in-the-Bitterroots.

Started the day at 46.

Problem with the thin air in higher elevations, is...there's no protection from the sunshine, and less atmosphere to retain heat. An overcast morning, after a clear night, can leave temperatures in the 40s until after noon, even in summer. But once the sun breaks through, you can almost see the red dye in the thermometer climb.

And the sudden fast warming up, cultivates thunderstorms. We had a lot of rain last week; and we had a wet Saturday morning. It wasn't supposed to rain this evening, but thunderheads rolled in - nothing unusual, not expected but not unusual. So we had lightning and local showers.

Same as it's been since literate (white) men first came to settle and pan for gold.

Bottom Feeder

Hypophthalmichthys molitrix
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
It would be nice if the rain backed off for a few days.

coopersmith

for fuck sake..........
Silver Miner
Reaction score
Its 82 at 8:30 am. This is gonna suck..........

spinalcracker

On a mail train.
Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
Its 82 at 8:30 am. This is gonna suck..........

for sure...we were outside at 6 putting shade cloth on the hoop house ..I was gonna take a year off from the green tether but now I see a dozen or so volunteers from last years crop

what is a gardener supposed to do ?.....and there were some good strandivars from last crop

Casey Jones

Ridin' that train
Gold Chaser
Reaction score
It's 10:48 pm and it's 107....the sun never sets in Mesa AZ!

Just got back from Vegas yesterday - not to gamble, and not to gambol ( cool: ) but to buy a truck. A nationwide rental agency had one I wanted, and they demanded $1800 to transport it from southern Nevada to Spokane.

No sale. I went down there to pick it up. But...the heat in the Southwest desert, was INDESCRIBABLE. And I know the area - did my Navy time in San Diego, weekends in Vegas.

Over a hundred, round the clock. Afternoons the wind was so hot it burned, like the air off a brushfire.

engineear

Platinum Bling
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Yeah, furnace type heat.

91 at 6:49am

Take the dog for a walk before the sidewalk gets soft.

Casey Jones

Ridin' that train
Gold Chaser
Reaction score
It's 10:48 pm and it's 107....the sun never sets in Mesa AZ!
Spend a year in Needles, California. You can do it in a day or two...if I only had one day to live, it would be in Needles in high summer. Because that day would be SO...LONG....

I worked out there, March to May 1996 - a contractor to the Santa Fe railway. The merger had been agreed to but not yet implemented. But we started work at the crack of dawn, when the temperature was cooled off to about 89. By noon the temperature would be over 110, and the railroad foreman would shut us down. Too much of a danger of heatstroke.

I could have gotten permanent work on the railroad, there (later did in Cleveland) but I'd have had to live in Needles. Where the only things capable of life, sting, stick, stink or suck.

Including the two-leggahs.

Bottom Feeder

Hypophthalmichthys molitrix
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
Oh yeah — we be in trouble now here in snowflake city.

weather.JPG

They slip & slide in the winter and melt during these times...

Brio

Site Supporter
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
It's so friggin hot here, 104F supposed to be 108 by Tuesday. I don't remember the last time we had triple digit heat if ever. Damn.

Casey Jones

Ridin' that train
Gold Chaser
Reaction score
It's so friggin hot here, 104F supposed to be 108 by Tuesday. I don't remember the last time we had triple digit heat if ever. Damn.
History is a lot longer than our memories.

Even than our recorded records, which in most places didn't start until about 1875.

Goldbrix

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
Well, Cen. KY is in some unique weather right now. Been raining since 2am this morning. Already 2 - 2.5 inches have fallen and weather radar is forecasting another 2 inches to come.
NWSA - Flash Flood Warning from 8am to 8pm.
Both are on the long side for these parts.

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++
Reaction score
thunder storms rolled through last night and today the temps are in the 70's, down from the high 90's the past few days.

It gets hot in the Summer sometimes and the central AC is working perfectly so I was never concerned

Goldbrix

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
Village of Lytton, B.C., evacuated as mayor says 'the whole town is on fire'

Says 15 min after first sign of smoke the entire village was on fire. Unreal.
I'd be more than happy to send most of this wet your way if I could.
4 Flash Flood Warning since 8am (3:12pm now). Last forecast rain won't stop until 8pm. Even I-75 is slowing down to 50 mph when most of the time here it is the Grand Prix where you better be past 75mph just coming on from the entrance ramp.

Brio

Site Supporter
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I'd be more than happy to send most of this wet your way if I could.
4 Flash Flood Warning since 8am (3:12pm now). Last forecast rain won't stop until 8pm. Even I-75 is slowing down to 50 mph when most of the time here it is the Grand Prix where you better be past 75mph just coming on from the entrance ramp.
It's been really strange here. We have flooding out West, fires all over, cicadas are moving in and the covid bullshit.
Which (as an electrician pointed out today at work) we've got floods, fires, locusts and plague. All that's left is war. Can't make this shit up lol.

Casey Jones

Ridin' that train
Gold Chaser
Reaction score
thunder storms rolled through last night and today the temps are in the 70's, down from the high 90's the past few days.

It gets hot in the Summer sometimes and the central AC is working perfectly so I was never concerned
Thunderstorms. Aren't they wonderful? I mean, aside from the risk of harm to property from the actual storm.

Things get too hot. Out of that, water evaporates out of the soil.

Into the atmosphere. Where it condenses in the jet stream, forming clouds...and stormfronts.

Which cause...yup, thunderstorms.

Which wet everything, revitalizing the soil, and with the evaporative action, cooling everything down.

It was mid-90s here today...about ten degrees over normal. An un-forcasted stormfront moved through, and dropped the temperature down to about 70. That matters - air conditioning is expensive; and my whole apartment is not air-conditioned. I have had a camping cot set up in the front room to sleep under the a/c, these last few days.

I won't need it tonight. I have my cross-apartment fan working, and outside temperature is 71. All is well...and the Climatologists, who tell us the rising seas will drown us, couldn't predict this most-basic phenomenon.

newmisty

Transcending the 5 Elements
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
Slightly moist today!

20210717_182302~2.jpg
20210717_182420.jpg

TAEZZAR

LADY JUSTICE ISNT BLIND, SHES JUST AFRAID TO WATCH
Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++