• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

How’s Your Weather?

Brio

Site Supporter
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
One helluva lot of livestock lost. Cattle, chickens, pigs. This is going to take a long time to come back from. That's where most of the provinces dairy and fresh produce comes from.

@hammerhead No, every route is closed. You'd have to go N to get to Alberta, down into the states then back to BC from WA state. Still people missing under mudslides. There's two ferry routes from central and N coast but good luck getting on a boat. There's still airports but that's feeble compared to what's been lost in capacity.

Brio

Site Supporter
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Whatever it takes...

iu

Bottom Feeder

Hypophthalmichthys molitrix
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
Looks like we've just been catching the edge of that here in washington, all our water runs right off into the Sound, thank God.
Those photos look devastating — I don't think I would enjoy living there.

Our turkey day weather here:

weather.JPG
Rain, rain, rain, but no floods.

nickndfl

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++
Reaction score
A little cloudy & 70*.

Attachments

• 20211125_085359_resize_13.jpg
    20211125_085359_resize_13.jpg
    472.4 KB · Views: 4
  • 20211125_092546_resize_23.jpg
    20211125_092546_resize_23.jpg
    213.8 KB · Views: 3
  • 20211125_085813_resize_71.jpg
    20211125_085813_resize_71.jpg
    201.8 KB · Views: 4
  • 20211125_090536_resize_26.jpg
    20211125_090536_resize_26.jpg
    225 KB · Views: 5

Brio

Site Supporter
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
70° blah blah. happy for you

nickndfl

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++
Reaction score
70° blah blah. happy for you

I don't understand? We just turned off the ac after being in the 80s up until a couple of weeks ago. Do you think it's still too hot?

Last edited:

hammerhead

Morphing
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
Got a pic today of my youngest brother and my sister. He's wearing shorts. 70's in Naples. Actually my sis left here this morning after a five day stay. She really didn't mind the 20 to 50 degree weather. She was hoping to find some snow so her son could go boarding but none here yet.

TAEZZAR

LADY JUSTICE ISNT BLIND, SHES JUST AFRAID TO WATCH
Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Survivor
Reaction score
For those of you who live in really cold climates how do you handle it?
I like the cold much more than the HEAT. Over 90 & I am sweating like a pig.
In the cold, you can always wrap up, build a fire, turn up the T-stat.........
BUT in the heat, you only get so naked !!! :finished: :finished: :finished: :finished: ;)

Brio

Site Supporter
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I don't understand? We just turned off the ac after being in the 80s up until a couple of weeks ago. Do you think it's still too hot?
Just being flippant nick, it's -12C here and snowing. I'm jealous lol.

TAEZZAR

Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Survivor
Reaction score
Looks like we've just been catching the edge of that here in washington, all our water runs right off into the Sound, thank God.
Those photos look devastating — I don't think I would enjoy living there.

Our turkey day weather here:

Rain, rain, rain, but no floods.
That is what we have. The poor guys building our home, drive in mud & work in the rain.

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
That is what we have. The poor guys building our home, drive in mud & work in the rain.
When you have days (weeks maybe?) of rain in your parts, how do you build a house in that? Seems everything, especially any wood, would get waterlogged by being exposed to water as it's being built. Or am I missin' something? After all, I'm not a housebuilder, but I see 'em framing new houses around where I live and they sometimes get rained on before the roof is up and I've always thought it couldn't be too good for it.

TAEZZAR

Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Survivor
Reaction score
When you have days (weeks maybe?) of rain in your parts, how do you build a house in that? Seems everything, especially any wood, would get waterlogged by being exposed to water as it's being built. Or am I missin' something? After all, I'm not a housebuilder, but I see 'em framing new houses around where I live and they sometimes get rained on before the roof is up and I've always thought it couldn't be too good for it.
JK, I have known my builder for 20 years. He is a high quality builder, with a stellar reputation.
I asked him your question, just the other day, & he said it was not a problem. After the roof is on, it will all dry out. I will have 4 ft overhang all around the house, which also, will help to keep the water out until the walls are up.
He uses high quality, kiln dried, lumber & quality plywood - no OSB, except in the fabricated floor joists.

coopersmith

for fuck sake..........
Silver Miner
Reaction score
You need to get that place done, so we can have a party.

We will all be there.

:truck2:

Brio

Site Supporter
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
You need to get that place done, so we can have a party.

We will all be there.

:truck2:
Wouldn't that be fun? We could meet that ridiculous parrot too.

TAEZZAR

Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Survivor
Reaction score

Brio

Site Supporter
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
LOL such a flamboyant bird. He came by his personality honestly. Maybe this cv crap will end and a gathering would be possible.

TAEZZAR

Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Survivor
Reaction score
LOL such a flamboyant bird. He came by his personality honestly. Maybe this cv crap will end and a gathering would be possible.
We rescued him 20 years ago, as a rejected bird, by MANY families. When he first saw Mrs. T. he looked directly at her and said "mother". He calls Mrs T, "mother" AND NO-ONE ELSE !!!
He & I took almost a year to start to get along. He finally gave up & we are somewhat buddy's. He is about 50 yrs old. They live up to 80 in the wild & up to 100 in captivity. He is the child that never leaves home. BTW, he is not clipped & has total freedom.

I don't let "it" control my/our lives. ;) :finished: :finished: :finished: :belly laugh::belly laugh::belly laugh:

Some Genie pic's for you.

JEANNIE 24 APR 07 007 - Copy.jpg

HOME FIRE MARCH 2021-03-26 043 - Copy.png

HOME FIRE MARCH 2021-03-26 048 - Copy.png

Brio

Site Supporter
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So gorgeous. I had a pet raven up N (as much a pet as a raven can be) are they ever smart.
This b.s. hasn't affected us either other than not getting a job I should have because not jabbed. Oh well, would have been let go when the mandates roll around (and they are) anyways. But I can't leave the province.

TAEZZAR

Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Survivor
Reaction score
Ravens are even smarter than Macaws.
I had a Moluccan Cockatoo that was quite smart
BUT my smartest bird was a Sulpher Crested Cockatoo. She would fly across the room, land on your shoulder, look you in the face & say
"whatcha doing baby".

1637965296582.png

Brio

Site Supporter
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I love that Genie isn't clipped. What a magnificent creature. That cockatoo, wow. I called my raven Gloria. No idea if it was a her, just one day I opened the fridge in my little remote shack and said to myself "I wonder what Gloria would like for lunch" and that was that. She'd land on the railing beside me, wouldn't quite take food from my hand but I could put it down within a foot and she'd stay. Got in a lot of trouble with the boss over that, feeding wildlife is a huge no-no. I wasn't feeding a bear lol.

Someone_else

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
Got in a lot of trouble with the boss over that, feeding wildlife is a huge no-no.
"It is my emotional comfort raven..."
Or a bit bolder,
"It's not wildlife, it is my familiar."

TAEZZAR

Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Survivor
Reaction score
I love that Genie isn't clipped. What a magnificent creature. That cockatoo, wow. I called my raven Gloria. No idea if it was a her, just one day I opened the fridge in my little remote shack and said to myself "I wonder what Gloria would like for lunch" and that was that. She'd land on the railing beside me, wouldn't quite take food from my hand but I could put it down within a foot and she'd stay. Got in a lot of trouble with the boss over that, feeding wildlife is a huge no-no. I wasn't feeding a bear lol.
Just take a little time holding the food, set it down & next time hold it a bit longer. Third or fourth time, Gloria should cautiously take it from you. THEN, after that, Gloria should be bugging you for food. :finished: :dduck::dduck::dduck:
Food is the great equalizer/peace maker.
Tell the boss to chill out !:gracious:

Casey Jones

Train left the station...
Gold Chaser
Reaction score
Ravens are even smarter than Macaws.
I had a Moluccan Cockatoo that was quite smart
BUT my smartest bird was a Sulpher Crested Cockatoo. She would fly across the room, land on your shoulder, look you in the face & say
"whatcha doing baby".

View attachment 234308
Pardon my ignorance...what is the difference between a raven and a crow?

Crows have been tested, and it's hypothesized, they're not only (likely) the smartest birds, but maybe one of the smartest animals on the planet. They figure out complex problems. They're MASTERS at survival. They find a situation, figure it out...like an old woman feeding scraps to pigeons...and learn to mimic the pigeon cry, to get fed, too.

They have learned to drop rocks into a beaker of water to raise the level to get floating food. They learn to speak - as well as parrots, but few want caged crows in their house.

They can identify troublemakers, for several generations. God knows how. A test was done: Someone put on a hideous Halloween mask, and tormented a murder of crows. Many of those birds in this test were banded.

Without the mask, the same person fed the crows bread.

Put the mask on, and the crows angrily cawed and flew. Without the mask, seeing the face of the tester, they came in for bread crumbs.

This was true years later, continuing experiment, with other testers putting the mask on. They somehow communicated this knowledge.

What a marvel goes on in those tiny heads...really...

TAEZZAR

Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Survivor
Reaction score
Pardon my ignorance...what is the difference between a raven and a crow?

Crows have been tested, and it's hypothesized, they're not only (likely) the smartest birds, but maybe one of the smartest animals on the planet. They figure out complex problems. They're MASTERS at survival. They find a situation, figure it out...like an old woman feeding scraps to pigeons...and learn to mimic the pigeon cry, to get fed, too.

They have learned to drop rocks into a beaker of water to raise the level to get floating food. They learn to speak - as well as parrots, but few want caged crows in their house.

They can identify troublemakers, for several generations. God knows how. A test was done: Someone put on a hideous Halloween mask, and tormented a murder of crows. Many of those birds in this test were banded.

Without the mask, the same person fed the crows bread.

Put the mask on, and the crows angrily cawed and flew. Without the mask, seeing the face of the tester, they came in for bread crumbs.

This was true years later, continuing experiment, with other testers putting the mask on. They somehow communicated this knowledge.

What a marvel goes on in those tiny heads...really...
They are both VERY intelligent.

newmisty

Transcending the 5 Elements
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
Beautiful day here 75* & 35% humidity. Had to take my shirt off in the sun it's so warm. Near record high for today.

Couldnt help but notice the extreme temperature difference for record low/high

Screenshot_20211130-144001~3.png

Brio

Site Supporter
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Nice day here too, +8C (46F) and sunny. Still need a sweater outside but not bad for almost Dec.

newmisty

Transcending the 5 Elements
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
Nice day here too, +8C (46F) and sunny. Still need a sweater outside but not bad for almost Dec.
I can't believe we're just a few weeks away from 2022 blows my mind.

TAEZZAR

Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Survivor
Reaction score

Sunny 67 F & COLD 36 F !! Been having ice on the windshield in the mornings.

Brio

Site Supporter
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Have the waters subsided and are things drying out?
Starting to yeah. Worst we had was no creamo for coffee, poor Fraser Valley will take a while to recover their dairy industry. Hwys won't open for months. Lumber is skyrocketing, between potato head doubling duties on soft wood imports and gov.ca tripling stumpage rates. Licensees are not shipping. Shutting down shifts. Gov fucks around and everybody pays. Same old. lol

Tbonz

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Reaction score
I like the cold much more than the HEAT. Over 90 & I am sweating like a pig.
In the cold, you can always wrap up, build a fire, turn up the T-stat.........
BUT in the heat, you only get so naked !!! :finished: :finished: :finished: :finished: ;)
bundle up with a gal that's gained her freshman (college) 15.

spinalcracker

On a mail train.
Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
70 today and a predicted 74 tomorrow which may break the old record

we are 10 to 15 degrees above normal for November and the outlook for December looks warm

we will take it....that leaves January , February, and March for the ugly cold dark winter...3 months is a lot better than 5 months

I have to start thinking about germinating some seeds indoors to start the 2022 outdoor garden

oh joy

007708EE-DDE8-4E2A-915E-9FFC9824AE12.jpeg

pitw

Gold Chaser
Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
25 days of above average temps in November. Near the lowest amount of moisture as well. Frick it was 41F with a 40+mph breeze at 6am, unheard of for Dec 1st around here.

Brio

Site Supporter
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
25 days of above average temps in November. Near the lowest amount of moisture as well. Frick it was 41F with a 40+mph breeze at 6am, unheard of for Dec 1st around here.
You guys get those chinooks off the Rockies. Been mild here too, snowing this morning but turn to rain soon. How's Trudeau? lol