• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

How’s Your Weather?

Irons

Outlaw Prospector
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
It cannot be gone soon enough for me I have new outdoor toys I want to go play with!

9-18-22klr- (1)rs.jpg
roy-8.jpg

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
82F

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score

Lancers32

You know...the thing
Site Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Not much Winter down in these parts to speak of maybe an occasional ice storm but no snow. 65 day 30 or so at nite. Within a month the A/C goes on. Gotta love it did my share of snow shoveling.

spinalcracker

On a mail train.
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
can’t make this shit up

we were like 68 yesterday , 60 today , by tomorrow night we will be -24 below zero with wind!

Wtf!

WIND CHILL ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 11 PM MST /MIDNIGHT CST/
THIS EVENING TO 11 AM MST /NOON CST/ TUESDAY...

* WHAT...Very cold wind chills expected. Wind chills as low as 24
below zero.

* WHERE...Portions of northwest and west central Kansas, east
central Colorado and southwest Nebraska.

Bman33

Silver Surfer
Reaction score
can’t make this shit up

we were like 68 yesterday , 60 today , by tomorrow night we will be -24 below zero with wind!

Wtf!

below zero.

I'm in the Denver area and we are getting pretty much the same shit. I gotta watch out for frost bite tomorrow morning. I tend to be careless about covering my hands and ears.

coopersmith

for fuck sake..........
Silver Miner
Reaction score
can’t make this shit up

Wtf!

below zero.

Extreme cold here in se co as well, but not much snow forecast..........

4 days below freezing.........im going to be setting up my new 2 x 3' keifing screens in an unheated detached garage for a big hash run, take advantage of this cold weather.

newmisty

Transcending the 5 Elements
Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score
Screenshot_2022-02-21-18-34-59-235.jpg

newmisty

Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score

Irons

Outlaw Prospector
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
Absolute shitshow day after day of heavy rain followed by temps dropping into the 20's and teens overnight. The world is a standing water covered glacier. All the gravel drains I dug and maintain to keep my driveway from flooding have failed. Plan B went into effect last week which is using a dirty water rated pump to move the shit up and over the banks to a low spot in the woods.

Looks like another week of this at least. Yee haaa!

At least I have a working plan B. Everybody else is fucked.

:2 thumbs up:

newmisty

Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score
Absolute shitshow day after day of heavy rain followed by temps dropping into the 20's and teens overnight. The world is a standing water covered glacier. All the gravel drains I dug and maintain to keep my driveway from flooding have failed. Plan B went into effect last week which is using a dirty water rated pump to move the shit up and over the banks to a low spot in the woods.

Yeah, you can always run your driveway through the sluice.

Irons

Outlaw Prospector
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
Yeah, you can always run your driveway through the sluice.
I gotta big pump! This bitch will empty a small lake in around 20 minutes.

:gracious: . . . . .
thumbsup.gif

ttazzman

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
Reaction score

There is a reason to build on a hill ...other than views......we call those trash pumps here

viking

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score
Supposed to get ~6 inches today, schools closed.

Irons

Outlaw Prospector
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
There is a reason to build on a hill ...other than views......we call those trash pumps here
Yep, one of those. Got it back in the good old days of ebay when you could occasionally snag good stuff for a single bid.

ttazzman

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
Reaction score
Yep, one of those. Got it back in the good old days of ebay when you could occasionally snag good stuff for a single bid.

how is your septic system working ?

newmisty

Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score

EO 11110

(LOIS LERNER) GOT AWAY WITH IT
Survivor
Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score
warm winter is great-- caught my first fish of 2022 - fishing from my back yard. caught one of each of these yesterday. they are about 3 weeks early. both released in good shape. the curly tail grub is my utility lure - catches trout, redfish, and flounder

1645633229218.png

1645632920149.png

1645633016473.png

spinalcracker

On a mail train.
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
we are at -18 this morning with a heat wave predicted high of 18 today

by March 1st it is supposed to be up in the 50’s and 60’s so we just have to grind out another week of this bullshit cold

EO , nice fish

DodgebyDave

Metal Messiah
Midas Member
Reaction score
30* colder today than yesterday

viking

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score
So they declared a “Snow Emergency” !!!

I’m not sure we even got the forecasted 6 inches. But everything always seems to be an Emergency according to the government.

In the notification, they included: Always follow all posted street signs. Do not park vehicles where signs indicate "No Parking."

duh, thanks for the reminder…

Karen probably had that tidbit added. Or should I say, titbid.

TAEZZAR

LADY JUSTICE ISNT BLIND, SHES JUST AFRAID TO WATCH
Midas Member
Eagle
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
So they declared a “Snow Emergency” !!!

I’m not sure we even got the forecasted 6 inches. But everything always seems to be an Emergency according to the government.
EMERGENCY = The new normal ! :finished:

newmisty

Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score
Right there with you sir........ours just hit as a sleet rain mix......about 12 noon.......was 73deg this time monday.....today 14deg same time of day
Same same Roughly how far ru from the ar border?

newmisty

Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score
not many people really know about the rockaway beach area
Quaint.

fa55c02ad262d1b8aaff32f95374892e.jpg

https://www.rockawaybeach-mo.org/visitors 911
Our Town, Rockaway Beach, MO

Welcome to Rockaway Beach!
Located on the banks of Lake Taneycomo in the heart of the Missouri Ozark Mountains, Rockaway Beach prides itself as one of the first resort towns west of the Mississippi River.

Rockaway Beach is governed by a Mayor and four-member Board of Aldermen and serves a current population of approximately 841 citizens with six full-time and one part-time employee.

Rockaway Beach was founded by Willard Merriam as a summer resort, as its location was ideal for Merriam’s planned resort venture. The Merriam’s purchased more than 60 acres of land in Taney County with Rockaway Beach as the focal point and proceeded to make a real estate project out of this acreage.

As sales soared and as people became permanent residents of the resort area, there soon was a need for a post office. The first post office was established in January 1919.

Tourists first traveled to Rockaway Beach via the Missouri Pacific Railroad to Branson or Hollister then down the lake by boat. Because of Rockaway Beach’s beautiful lakefront location and an almost fishing hamlet appearance, resort businesses were established. The first dance pavilion was located on the lake shore along with restaurants and hotels. Boat docks began to spring up along the lake shoreline and a swimming area was established.

Rockaway Beach continued to grow by leaps and bounds and became popular as a family resort village and favorite destination for high school senior class trips, honeymooners, military leaves, and college spring breaks.

Rockaway Beach’s tourism industry suffered a major setback with the creation of Table Rock Lake and Dam upstream in the late 1950’s. Icy water from the depths of the lake was released into Lake Taneycomo, plunging the water temperature to 48 degrees, losing the swimmers and water skiing and seemingly finishing off Rockaway Beach as a vacation destination.

However, Rockaway Beach, in true Missouri fashion, experienced a rebirth. Fishermen found that the icy water of Lake Taneycomo made it one of the top trout fishing lakes in the country and has given Rockaway Beach a new identity, with the largest Brown Trout of World Line Class Record caught in Lake Taneycomo in the summer of 1998.

The City of Rockaway Beach maintains and operates water and sewer services, and through public support, is well positioned to support future growth.

The City went on line with a new regional sewer facility in early 2000. This facility serves not only Rockaway Beach, but the Village of Merriam Woods, Bull Creek Village and other residents in Taney County. This was a major decision for Rockaway Beach with its proactive commitment to improve the lake and environment by the elimination of septic tanks.

The City maintains the Lake Front Public Park with a free fishing dock, which is totally ADA accessible. The City once again took a giant step forward by approving a total renovation of the dock, which was completed in the Spring of 2000. Hardly a day goes by, that the dock does not have fishermen using this facility. This is the largest free fishing facility on Lake Taneycomo.

The City is constantly working to upgrade the City Departments. Law Enforcement services have been upgraded with the addition of a new vehicle and equipment to help the two full-time officers with their commitments to protect and serve. The department hopes to add numerous community-oriented programs channeled toward the youth, including a variety of drug and violence awareness programs.

During the past five years, the City has focused its efforts toward upgrading and modernizing the City’s facilities in order to meet the demands of the future. The City completed its comprehensive plan and established within the plan a five year development plan, including a new water well and park improvements.

Rockaway Beach truly is an Ozark town proud of its rich and colorful heritage and its bright and promising future.

There are basic things to consider when tackling trout fishing for the first time on Lake Taneycomo. If you’re already a trout fisher, there’s not much you have to change in your tackle but this article might give you an excuse to make a trip to the local tackle store. Lake Taneycomo is probably quite a bit different than what many fishermen are used to: it’s big water, wide and deep for the most part so it takes a different mindset than your typical small stream fishing.

Three main ingredients are needed for a successful trout fishing trip –

1. Two to four- pound green line
2. Small weights, hooks and/or lures
3. Ultra-light rod and reel

If you don’t have an ultra-light or light line and don’t want to go out and buy a new rig, it would be just as effective to tie a light leader onto the end of your line with a swivel.

Hook size is important. Trout, especially rainbows, have small, soft mouths. Numbers 6, 8 and 10 are average sizes for any type of bait used. Short, bronze hooks are recommended. Weights should only be heavy enough for successful casting. You won’t be able to feel the trout bite if there’s too much weight.

Your equipment should be comfortable, something you are familiar with and know how to use. Your reel should have a good drag. You never know when a big trout will strike and take off. The reel should give line and let the fish run instead of your line breaking. Your rod should be fairly limber, yet stiff enough to set the hook on a trout

newmisty

Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score
4 degrees now. Was out blowing snow on my driveway this morning when it was-11. I'm still cold.
I noticed our "feels like" temps are soon going to steadily be about 15* cooler than actual.

TAEZZAR

LADY JUSTICE ISNT BLIND, SHES JUST AFRAID TO WATCH
Midas Member
Eagle
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
It rained, like hail, it did !

hail.JPG

ttazzman

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
Reaction score
Quaint.

fa55c02ad262d1b8aaff32f95374892e.jpg

https://www.rockawaybeach-mo.org/visitors 911
Our Town, Rockaway Beach, MO

Welcome to Rockaway Beach!
Located on the banks of Lake Taneycomo in the heart of the Missouri Ozark Mountains, Rockaway Beach prides itself as one of the first resort towns west of the Mississippi River.

Rockaway Beach is governed by a Mayor and four-member Board of Aldermen and serves a current population of approximately 841 citizens with six full-time and one part-time employee.

Rockaway Beach was founded by Willard Merriam as a summer resort, as its location was ideal for Merriam’s planned resort venture. The Merriam’s purchased more than 60 acres of land in Taney County with Rockaway Beach as the focal point and proceeded to make a real estate project out of this acreage.

As sales soared and as people became permanent residents of the resort area, there soon was a need for a post office. The first post office was established in January 1919.

Tourists first traveled to Rockaway Beach via the Missouri Pacific Railroad to Branson or Hollister then down the lake by boat. Because of Rockaway Beach’s beautiful lakefront location and an almost fishing hamlet appearance, resort businesses were established. The first dance pavilion was located on the lake shore along with restaurants and hotels. Boat docks began to spring up along the lake shoreline and a swimming area was established.

Rockaway Beach continued to grow by leaps and bounds and became popular as a family resort village and favorite destination for high school senior class trips, honeymooners, military leaves, and college spring breaks.

Rockaway Beach’s tourism industry suffered a major setback with the creation of Table Rock Lake and Dam upstream in the late 1950’s. Icy water from the depths of the lake was released into Lake Taneycomo, plunging the water temperature to 48 degrees, losing the swimmers and water skiing and seemingly finishing off Rockaway Beach as a vacation destination.

However, Rockaway Beach, in true Missouri fashion, experienced a rebirth. Fishermen found that the icy water of Lake Taneycomo made it one of the top trout fishing lakes in the country and has given Rockaway Beach a new identity, with the largest Brown Trout of World Line Class Record caught in Lake Taneycomo in the summer of 1998.

The City of Rockaway Beach maintains and operates water and sewer services, and through public support, is well positioned to support future growth.

The City went on line with a new regional sewer facility in early 2000. This facility serves not only Rockaway Beach, but the Village of Merriam Woods, Bull Creek Village and other residents in Taney County. This was a major decision for Rockaway Beach with its proactive commitment to improve the lake and environment by the elimination of septic tanks.

The City maintains the Lake Front Public Park with a free fishing dock, which is totally ADA accessible. The City once again took a giant step forward by approving a total renovation of the dock, which was completed in the Spring of 2000. Hardly a day goes by, that the dock does not have fishermen using this facility. This is the largest free fishing facility on Lake Taneycomo.

The City is constantly working to upgrade the City Departments. Law Enforcement services have been upgraded with the addition of a new vehicle and equipment to help the two full-time officers with their commitments to protect and serve. The department hopes to add numerous community-oriented programs channeled toward the youth, including a variety of drug and violence awareness programs.

During the past five years, the City has focused its efforts toward upgrading and modernizing the City’s facilities in order to meet the demands of the future. The City completed its comprehensive plan and established within the plan a five year development plan, including a new water well and park improvements.

Rockaway Beach truly is an Ozark town proud of its rich and colorful heritage and its bright and promising future.

There are basic things to consider when tackling trout fishing for the first time on Lake Taneycomo. If you’re already a trout fisher, there’s not much you have to change in your tackle but this article might give you an excuse to make a trip to the local tackle store. Lake Taneycomo is probably quite a bit different than what many fishermen are used to: it’s big water, wide and deep for the most part so it takes a different mindset than your typical small stream fishing.

Three main ingredients are needed for a successful trout fishing trip –

1. Two to four- pound green line
2. Small weights, hooks and/or lures
3. Ultra-light rod and reel

If you don’t have an ultra-light or light line and don’t want to go out and buy a new rig, it would be just as effective to tie a light leader onto the end of your line with a swivel.

Hook size is important. Trout, especially rainbows, have small, soft mouths. Numbers 6, 8 and 10 are average sizes for any type of bait used. Short, bronze hooks are recommended. Weights should only be heavy enough for successful casting. You won’t be able to feel the trout bite if there’s too much weight.

Your equipment should be comfortable, something you are familiar with and know how to use. Your reel should have a good drag. You never know when a big trout will strike and take off. The reel should give line and let the fish run instead of your line breaking. Your rod should be fairly limber, yet stiff enough to set the hook on a trout

intresting tidbit.......taneycomo damn have you ever seen it in full flood? .....it is quite a site i have seen it in person (pictures somewhere) where it was just ripple spot in the river from water being higher than the dam itself.......you gotta be stupid or tough to swim in that lake LOL

newmisty

Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score
intresting tidbit.......taneycomo damn have you ever seen it in full flood? .....it is quite a site i have seen it in person (pictures somewhere) where it was just ripple spot in the river from water being higher than the dam itself.......you gotta be stupid or tough to swim in that lake LOL
Never. Still can't get over Beaver Lake being man made.

ttazzman

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
Reaction score
Never. Still can't get over Beaver Lake being man made.
never been on Beaver .........just last week sold our long time houseboat we kept at table rock for 30years in the kimberling city area .........its all beautiful country .....amazing actually compared to for example lake of the ozarks

newmisty

Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score
never been on Beaver .........just last week sold our long time houseboat we kept at table rock for 30years in the kimberling city area .........its all beautiful country .....amazing actually compared to for example lake of the ozarks
Just happened to post a picture in the random pics thread today of Beaver,
taken last night after work.
Screenshot_2022-02-23-08-20-37-739.jpg

coopersmith

for fuck sake..........
Silver Miner
Reaction score
We fish in the kimberling area, lookout point to be exact.

ttazzman

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
Reaction score
We fish in the kimberling area, lookout point to be exact.

we spent years (raising kids years) on table rock over time it is slowly becoming commercialized (nothing like lake of ozarks) but being a anti-social type as i am LOL.....our family has a Place now on Truman lake which has very low people penetration and outstanding fishing in comparison