• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

How’s Your Weather?

mtnman

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
IT SUCKS! Spring time and I'm still loading coal into the stove. Here's what it looks like in my backyard this morning.
P1080122.JPG

pitw

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
It's a beauty out today at 35F and a snow fall warning on the media thingy. She has been white here since Nov 6th and Icy since Nov 7th. Folks are starting to get calves and expecting to see geese.

DodgebyDave

Metal Messiah
Midas Member
I had snow today that blew in from Ohio! WE may have to burn indiana and start over!

mayhem

Oh my, Oh my.
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
Same old boring sunshine and 75 F temps. Nice constant 15 mph breeze blowing during the day.

This is our dry season so rain is scarce, gotta use the lawn sprinklers to keep it green.

Cigarlover

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
This morning the weather channel said mid teens here for the next 2 nights. Then mid morning it was upped to mid 20's the next 2 nights and now it looks like upper 20's to low 30's. Regardless of what it does i guess I will live through it all.

DodgebyDave

Metal Messiah
Midas Member
my weather suckz. and it's going to suck. the only redeaming quality to the deal is that it will snow more on LtDan

michael59

heads up-butts down
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
expecting to see geese.
Not sure that is going to happen. I keep seeing geese heading north and then see some heading back south which is curious. Though I was coming back from a beer run and there was about two thousand of them in a field that I never seen come in or leave so I am thinking they are on their way.

Now as to weather? Hey it's March and I would expect nothing less than the wild hare weather we are having.

Lt Dan

Gold Pirate
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
1521893912256.png

my weather suckz. and it's going to suck. the only redeaming quality to the deal is that it will snow more on LtDan
Looks like our last predicted chance for a little snow is for tonight. Supposed to be a low of 25, soooo, could happen.

Irons

Deep Sixed
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Snowing like a banshee this lovely morning! Me and my old S10 drove into the city in 4 wheel drive HI like we have hundreds of times in the past 18 years, nice and easy slinging a blinding amount of slush from it's wide all terrain tires.

The closer we got to Grand Rapids the more taillights we got to see sticking up out of the roadside ditches. Because if you are a city fool every time it snows is like the very first time you ever drove in snow.

Life is good! . . :2 thumbs up:

Last edited:

brosil

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
It's windy in NW Ohio.

gringott

Killed then Resurrected
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
75 and sunny yesterday, low 30's today. Hail and thunderstorms last night.
If you don't like the weather, just wait a bit, it will change.
Snow for Saturday.
lol

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
I'm in the same zone with gringott. :shit happens: :surrender:

Lt Dan

Gold Pirate
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
It's windy in NW Ohio.
With lots of flooding here in SC Ohio. I'm high and dry butt, the lower farm field was flooded yesterday, probably drained off today, have not been out to check on it. Wife was saying RT 23 into Columbus is closed due to flooding. Takes longer for the river to get here, but, like said, I'm high and dry above the flood plain where I live. We would worry more about the wind than the rain, snow - well - unless we have to drive somewhere.

Bottom Feeder

Hypophthalmichthys molitrix
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
SOS — y'all probably get tired of seein this same forecast over and over from me. Think how I feel enduring it...

weather.JPG

Alton

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Yesterday we had hail and thunderstorms. Overnight the temps dropped. I woke up to 20 mph winds gusting to 40 mph. It's climbed up to 32 degrees, 18 mph winds and maybe a little snow...if it feels like. Forecast is upper 30's to lower 40's over the next week and a half. Winter is trying but it WILL die...just not soon enough to suit me.

Oh! There will be NO burning of Indiana. California, yeah. Hoosierville, NO!

Agavegirl1

Silver Miner
Midas Supporter
Platinum Bling
Woke up to a "winter wonderland" yesterday. The plows in our neighborhood finally finished up today. Back to snowbanks and ice after almost everything had melted. Mother Nature hates Wisconsin....

mtnman

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Woke up to a "winter wonderland" yesterday. The plows in our neighborhood finally finished up today. Back to snowbanks and ice after almost everything had melted. Mother Nature hates Wisconsin....
No she doesn't! She's giving you one last chance to drag out the sleds!

DodgebyDave

Metal Messiah
Midas Member
It snowed, was windy and turned cold. I find a way to hold one of you here responsible!

ErrosionOfAccord

#1 Global Warmer
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
I got another bonus month of cold. Our frost free date is May 28th so I suppose I should just adjust to hibernating for nine months instead of eight.

lumpOgold

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
4" of rain is forecast over the next 48 hours, cleaned out my gutters last night. Have to bring in the patio furniture tonight after work.

Juristic Person

They drew first blood
Platinum Bling
It's hot and the sky is filled with overnight jet exhaust again.

Alton

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Had snow earlier this morning. Now the sun is trying to come out (needs a little more effort). Predicted high for today is 60. Up to 72 over the next day or 2. Then back to the cold for a few more days. Typical spring roller coaster weather for a few more weeks. Lake Michigan is still quite cold...like about 34 degrees and it takes a while to warm up to seasonal operating temps. Downstate and Kentucky will be be getting the usual BIG spring storms while we might get another sprinkling or 3 of snow. Doesn't matter now as spring AND summer are still on the way. Just wish it would hurry up!

Alton

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Probably a good thing ain't living in New Zealand...

'Very unusual': April snowfall surprises South Island, New Zealand

RNZ
Tue, 10 Apr 2018 17:21 UTC

1523450490824.png

Snow in Tekapo.
© Bruce Hopkins
Snow in Tekapo.
It appears winter has come early, with snow, rain and strong winds hitting much of the island, South Island locals say.

Snow blanketed the South Island's high country and alpine passes as a low swept across the country today. Much of the South Island's high country and alpine passes saw snow overnight, including Lewis Pass, and Porters Pass.

MetService said there could be more to come, with the Kaikōura Ranges and high country in Canterbury and Otago facing more snow down to 500m later today.

The storm has also been bringing thunderstorms, gales and tornadoes to the North Island, causing severe damage to homes and cutting power to at least 12,000 properties.

Tekapo's Creel House B&B co-owner Rosemary Brown has lived in the area for more than 20 years, and said she had never seen so much snow so early in the year.

"It's like four weeks early, it's usually in May the amount of snow that we've received today.

"Sometimes we do get a dusting on the tops of the mountains in March, but in April we don't usually have autumn snow.

1523450572563.png

A truck drives through heavy snow at the top of Porters Pass, in the Canterbury region.
© ALDEN WILLIAMS
A truck drives through heavy snow at the top of Porters Pass, in the Canterbury region.
Alpine Motels owner Peter Neal in Arthur's Pass also said it was very rare to see so much snow in April.

He said the heavy snow in the area was unusual for the time of year and had come as a shock to some tourists.

"We had a few Australian families staying overnight so they've woken up to a nice little sprinkling of snow which some of them have never seen before, so yeah they were pretty stoked about that.

"There's a saying that the skifields have, that 'snow in May doesn't stay', but I mean we're still in April I think aren't we."

"Way too early for snow, it's very unusual."

Mr Neal said although the snow was not impacting the road right now, there were road crews on standby if the weather worsened.

Irons

Deep Sixed
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Weather cycles here are normal but it's still fun to whine a bit. Every few years we get a mean, mean winter that refuses to leave and that's what we got going right now. Last time we had this was 4 or 5 years ago.
Since I treasure hunt in the water I CLOSELY watch ice up and ice out on all the lakes in my large AO. Last mean ass winter a few years ago we still had ice on my most northern inland lakes at the last weekend in April, and there was still snowbank remains on some north facing road ditches and hillsides.

So all in all the weather cycles are as normal as I have seen them in my 50+ years.

Sorry global warming cult.

Professur

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
We're looking at 4"-6" of snow this weekend. Yayyy

Alton

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Today we ride the boundary. 20 miles north in Michigan...Benton Harbor on the big lake, a high of 47. 30 miles south, Plymouth Indiana, a high of 74. Me? High of 67 by 3pm then a slight breeze off the big lake drops me down to about 55. When the breeze stops about sunset time to inch up to about 60. This is more like spring in northern Indiana. Next week will be highs in the low to mid 40s....

Bottom Feeder

Hypophthalmichthys molitrix
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Is it even any use posting the weather view from seattle? The only thing that really changes here is the temperature

Weather.JPG

As they say — "It looks like rain."

pitw

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
We set a new record of 167 days where the temp was below 32F everyday. Ain't been bothered by a bug for months.:2 thumbs up: