• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

How’s Your Weather?

gringott

Killed then Resurrected
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Two days now of summer, but they claim winter will be back in a few.
Saw my first wasp yesterday.
Sign of spring?
Naw, we don't get spring anymore, only winter to summer.

mtnman

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Two days now of summer, but they claim winter will be back in a few.
Saw my first wasp yesterday.
Sign of spring?
Naw, we don't get spring anymore, only winter to summer.
Yesterday I saw the first sign of spring. Two meth heads were taking a space heater to a pawn shop.

davycoppitt

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter ++
Blizzard warning. 10 inches on the ground here already and lots of blowing. Only have a small snow blower, so already had to do it twice to keep up. As I was out there the city guy on the grader stopped to talk. He has been going since 1:00 last night, will take a break here, then start back up at 3:00. We got rain before the snow, so he said his grader has been slipping around all day.

Hit up the grocery store last night and it looked like Armageddon was coming.

I'm enjoying it. Blizzards are fun when you don't have to go anywhere.

hammerhead

Morphing
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Blizzard warning. 10 inches on the ground here already and lots of blowing. Only have a small snow blower, so already had to do it twice to keep up. As I was out there the city guy on the grader stopped to talk. He has been going since 1:00 last night, will take a break here, then start back up at 3:00. We got rain before the snow, so he said his grader has been slipping around all day.

Hit up the grocery store last night and it looked like Armageddon was coming.

I'm enjoying it. Blizzards are fun when you don't have to go anywhere.
Wow. I feel so isolated. Had not really looked at weather else where since I stop watching it on the tube. Enjoy the storm.

hammerhead

Morphing
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Actually got a pair of shorts on today. Worked on my farmers tan spending most of the day on side yard trying to burn up bark and some stalks. Wind was steady and soft. The stuff didn't want to burn. Some pieces on bottom of pile still had ice.

Irons

Deep Sixed
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Ice storms in progress right meow and it won't let up until sometime Sunday. Lots of wind and ice pellets dinging off the windows and skylights.
I spent a small fortune yesterday afternoon filling all the generator gas jugs, treating them with stabil 360 and topping off all 3 vehicles.
I have 30 gallons of genny gas on hand and plenty to siphon out of the vehicles if it really goes mad max.
The power outages so far are pretty regional and we are good for now. Further North and South of Casa del Irons 1 & 2 are not doing so well.

Grand Haven oddly enough is a calm spot and some Great Lakes freighters are tucked in there waiting it out.
Heh, I don't have to exaggerate how nasty Lake Michigan can get. She will kill you in a heartbeat and the sailors know it.

BTW Those ships are 600 to 1000 feet long.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lake_freighter

xstorm-4-14-2108.jpg

Last edited:

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Around 85 in the city today. Kinda warm for April.

Supposed to be in the 40's tomorrow. If that's the case might make pot pie for Sunday dinner.

Maybe high 50's Monday. Good day to be out and about.

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Oh look more is coming!
Lake Superior today..................

Published on Apr 14, 2018
A view of the stormy waters from the park above the lakewalk. Amazing what that water and wind can create!

davycoppitt

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter ++
Another 5 inches overnight. Power went out sometime last night, but came right back on. The neighbor has about a 6ft drift across their whole driveway. He is a skinny little hipster, so its good for him. Snow is finally starting to die and I got everything cleaned off, so now I can make a pot of coffee, sit back and enjoy having nothing to do.

mtnman

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter

Irons

Deep Sixed
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Power outages by zip code this Sunday morning. Still good here, hoping it stays cold enough to just be snow pellets.

zzzzpoout.jpg

brosil

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
I saw a butterfly on Thursday. I was shoveling furrows on the back of the farm. They worked well as Lake Erie found it easy to flood the back of the property.

gnome

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
My almond tree started flowering in February, then I went to Japan for two months and it's still flowering.
Shocked to discover my multi-grafted plum hadn't even flowered yet.
Very weird weather.

Pyramid

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Something awful in the Upper Midwest. Getting another 2-4" of wet snow on top of the several inches we got last weekend. Some areas further north got nearly 2' of the stuff. Not whining, but it's supposed to be the spring mud season...uncle.

Here's some impressive snow removal methods from the Tateyama Kurobe Alpine Route in Japan:

hammerhead

Morphing
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
My almond tree started flowering in February, then I went to Japan for two months and it's still flowering.
Shocked to discover my multi-grafted plum hadn't even flowered yet.
Very weird weather.
Bet your grass grew pretty high the whole time u were gone.

gnome

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling

hammerhead

Morphing
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Yes. Just pulled a bunch out of the garden beds.
Sometimes condo living can have an appeal. Lawn gets mowed. Drives are kept clear. Pool is maintained. But, as a client of mine found out the hard way, try planting just one flower in one of the beds out your door and catch holy hell.

Oldmansmith

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
More light snow yesterday , ground is white. Some spring here in the hills of western Massachusetts, we've had snow three days this week.

Lt Dan

Gold Pirate
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
We finally got some much needed rain.....
Irons , heads up , incoming...
Looks like that could bring rain to an already soggy Ohio.
Gotta dry out a bit to till the garden, pretty soggy.
The good news for us, it looks like the last of frost danger happened this morning at 29 degrees.

Bottom Feeder

Hypophthalmichthys molitrix
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
At least we get some respite from the rain on Memorial Day:

Weather.JPG

Everyone have a safe Memorial Day holiday — be careful out there,
BF

hammerhead

Morphing
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
I've been in North East Floriduh for 2 weeks now. Stopped raining yesterday. Sun is shining making the temps be in the mid 80's. The Atlantic is a 5 minute walk from here and I can hear the Sirens call but duty also calls so I won't be going ng on the beach. Good thing there is a/c.

pitw

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Interesting day in Alberta. We had wind warnings, high heat warnings, rain and tornado warnings, snowfall warnings and frost warnings. Why would a person want to leave to enjoy the weather somewhere else?

EO 11110

Posting from Epstein Island
Site Supporter
Mother Lode
manipulators are doing another dust bowl esque operation for tx and some surrounding states. they did same thing several years ago -- cattle ranchers had to slaughter herds early - producing temp glut of meat, then a spike. also much ridiculous hysteria about food shortages, etc

tx has had record breaking temps and no rain. gulf of mexico is boiling hot. chemtrail sprayers head out there every day, doing whatever the hell. i watched 6 of them go out today in 35 minute span that i was outside watching them. not unlikely a heavy hurricane season for the ones that form in the gulf (rather than off of africa)

michael59

heads up-butts down
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
And, there I was all week anticipating finishing my corners and H posts so I could string and stretch and it rained all weekend. Now normally I would not care but as I am using bailing wire and some dam fool took chunks out of it I have to sit in the gravel and unwind it and my butt was not getting muddy for a fence. So Sunday I partook of my pickled eggs and a bottle of Tee-kill-ya. Yeppers I really don't know if I was washing the eggs down with the tee-kill-ya or using the eggs to get rid of the tee-kill-ya taste, but they did complement each other very well.

hammerhead

Morphing
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
And, there I was all week anticipating finishing my corners and H posts so I could string and stretch and it rained all weekend. Now normally I would not care but as I am using bailing wire and some dam fool took chunks out of it I have to sit in the gravel and unwind it and my butt was not getting muddy for a fence. So Sunday I partook of my pickled eggs and a bottle of Tee-kill-ya. Yeppers I really don't know if I was washing the eggs down with the tee-kill-ya or using the eggs to get rid of the tee-kill-ya taste, but they did complement each other very well.
Never let a good excuse to get drunk go to waste. We're the eggs pickled in takillya?

Irons

Deep Sixed
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Feck an A.
Hey Florida you can have your freaking weather back! 95 and humid and sunny it ain't fit for human people out there.
And they say it's going to be a week like this!

Horseshit man.

Lt Dan

Gold Pirate
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Feck an A.
Hey Florida you can have your freaking weather back! 95 and humid and sunny it ain't fit for human people out there.
And they say it's going to be a week like this!

Horseshit man.

Same here. Depending on which thermometer I check anywhere from 94 on my indoor outdoor to 102 on the dial thermometer on the back deck, Nither is in the sun. Even too hot to bother getting in the pool.

Irons

Deep Sixed
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Same here. Depending on which thermometer I check anywhere from 94 on my indoor outdoor to 102 on the dial thermometer on the back deck, Nither is in the sun. Even too hot to bother getting in the pool.
Yep. I rode my motorcycle to the store to get hot dogs, chips and cole slaw and my head was cooking in my helmet.
I'm hiding out in the AC. This sheet ain't right, man.