• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

How Much Gas To Keep In Your Car

Fatrat

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
Except during hurricane season, half a tank at minimum and one vehicle always full.

hoarder

White Member
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
MSN telling us how much gas to keep in our vehicles when we have Ponce to tell us how much toilet paper to keep on hand?

pitw

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Pretty much true though, running close to empty is hard on your fuel pump. Been that way for years.

Only on that new sheeite that has the pump in the tank. Dang I like me old ones that only need two bolts removed to change. Full is the best as I never know when I'm gonna take off to do something stupid.[one never wants to miss a chance to do something stupid].

hoarder

White Member
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Better advice would be to tell us to keep a half dozen old style 5 gallon gas cans on hand full of gas. Some of it should be non-ethanol too......MSN never warned us about ethanol problems. Fuk MSN.

Irons

Deep Sixed
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Only on that new sheeite that has the pump in the tank. Dang I like me old ones that only need two bolts removed to change. Full is the best as I never know when I'm gonna take off to do something stupid.[one never wants to miss a chance to do something stupid].
When I was a kid in high school it's a damn good thing the fuel pumps were mechanical and not in the tank because I was running around on E most of the time! Life was good.

aasnoopy.gif

GOLDZILLA

Harvurd Koleej Jeenyus
Midas Member
I keep enough to go at least 2,000 miles and /or keep my generator running for a week straight.

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
When I was a kid in high school it's a damn good thing the fuel pumps were mechanical and not in the tank because I was running around on E most of the time! Life was good.

View attachment 128199
On a few of ocassions in my "yoot" I ran out of gas on the road. A couple of times a city/ county road crew I'd walk into gave me a gallon or two to get to the closest gas station.
That don't happen today or it is as rare as Hen's Teeth.

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
I learned a long time ago: Plan for enough gas to get the hell out of the area when earthquakes hit.
Gotta have an emergency plan.
Forest / Wild fires - Yes. Flash flood? - Yes. Earthquake ? Wheretf you gonna drive far enough fast enough to know you are out of harms way ? Hard to avoid a two minute tremblor. Aftershocks is another matter altogether.

TAEZZAR

LADY JUSTICE ISNT BLIND, SHES JUST AFRAID TO WATCH
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Pretty much true though, running close to empty is hard on your fuel pump. Been that way for years.

running close to empty is hard on your fuel pump. It's also hard on yer puckerer. I live so far out of town that I keep it above 1/2.

Au-myn

GOLDBUG
Founding Member
Site Supporter
Earthquake ? Wheretf you gonna drive far enough fast enough to know you are out of harms way ? Hard to avoid a two minute tremblor. Aftershocks is another matter altogether.
Example: Northridge Quake I was 2.5 miles from epicenter. Got tossed around the walls then got up, put my rubber boots on and had the car loaded w/ rifle & goods in a minute. You just deal with the after shocks. I drove from Granada Hills to Simi Valley (20 miles) to a friends house to stay.

Son of Gloin

Certainty of death? What are we waiting for?
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
Better advice would be to tell us to keep a half dozen old style 5 gallon gas cans on hand full of gas. Some of it should be non-ethanol too......MSN never warned us about ethanol problems. Fuk MSN.
Awhile back, Sportsman’s Guide ran those five gallon Jerry Cans on a kind of sale, like $25 a piece. I bought six of them and a flexible nozzle. Great quality cans. Now they’re almost ninety dollars a can! Crazy. Glad I got mine when I did. Keep them full and rotate them to put in the mower and car, refilling when I think about it. They’re nice to have around.

Irons

Deep Sixed
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Awhile back, Sportsman’s Guide ran those five gallon Jerry Cans on a kind of sale, like $25 a piece. I bought six of them and a flexible nozzle. Great quality cans. Now they’re almost ninety dollars a can! Crazy. Glad I got mine when I did. Keep them full and rotate them to put in the mower and car, refilling when I think about it. They’re nice to have around.
100% best stuff I have found for storing fuel. It even eliminates the problems ethanol causes.

Son of Gloin

Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
100% best stuff I have found for storing fuel. It even eliminates the problems ethanol causes.

I can still hear Paul Harvey saying “Stay Bill” on his radio show. I put something in my cans with the gas, but I can’t recall the name of it. It seems to work good.

stonedywankanobe

.409'er
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
I run 91 octane no corn 3 buck a gallon fuel mixed with 1 full can of that foam that Pitw mentioned in me 92 5.7 tbi Chevy. Hope this info helps somebody.

TAEZZAR

Midas Member
Midas Supporter

YUP, good stuff, I use it in here. Those 5 gal. cans just don't get it for me.
This is 280 gal. The delivered price is less than most gas stations.

280 gal 2.jpg 280 gal.jpg

Son of Gloin

Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter

TAEZZAR

Midas Member
Midas Supporter
I like your window sticker. That is one helluva gas can.
Thanks, SoG. When I go to L.A., I am left alone, even with my "Trump for 2020" hat. I often wonder if it's the sticker.

Bottom Feeder

Hypophthalmichthys molitrix
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Ford F250, one tank (20 gal) always full, other tank (20 gal) for daily driving.
Four 5 gal jerry cans always full of diesel and ready.
Gives me over a thousand mile range.

BF

TAEZZAR

Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Ford F250, one tank (20 gal) always full, other tank (20 gal) for daily driving.
Four 5 gal jerry cans always full of diesel and ready.
Gives me over a thousand mile range.

BF
280 gallons for 2 each, 200hp Yamaha outboards, at an average of 2 MPG total (4 MPG each), equals 560 miles, about 4 tuna trips ! BUT IT IS WORTH IT !!!

Son of Gloin

Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter

Son of a gun! I checked the supply in my garage. It’s Sta-bil, alright, just s different type of bottle. It works.

Son of Gloin

Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
What is the longest anyone has kept gas with Sta-bil and used.
About fourteen months. I’m a bit ashamed of myself for that, but I was storing the high octane stuff, like 93, if I remember correctly. I finally realized just how long I had that stuff sitting in my Jerry cans and started putting it into the car. No problems of any kind with it. Amazing! Now I rotate it regularly, just because it seems like a good idea.

phoneman

Silver Member
Silver Miner
About fourteen months. I’m a bit ashamed of myself for that, but I was storing the high octane stuff, like 93, if I remember correctly. I finally realized just how long I had that stuff sitting in my Jerry cans and started putting it into the car. No problems of any kind with it. Amazing! Now I rotate it regularly, just because it seems like a good idea.
I have kept 20 gals 93 oct well over 2 yrs and now afraid to use.

Irons

Deep Sixed
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
What is the longest anyone has kept gas with Sta-bil and used.
1 year but it says it's good for 2. Every fall I dump all the stored fuel in our cars and trucks and replace the generator gas in the barn. I run the generator with fresh treated gas for a few minutes before shutting the petcock and letting it run it's self out.

EDIT: I only treat and store premium 93 octane

phoneman

Silver Member
Silver Miner
1 year but it says it's good for 2. Every fall I dump all the stored fuel in our cars and trucks and replace the generator gas in the barn. I run the generator with fresh treated gas for a few minutes before shutting the petcock and letting it run it's self out.

EDIT: I only treat and store premium 93 octane

Thanks.