• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

How much Gold/Silver Is Inside a 7,000$ watch?

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Cody's Lab

It's more than I expected actually.

Irons

Deep Sixed
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Diamonds = 0

Silver might as well be 0 too.

Even refiners hate silver it just ain't worth the work!

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
When it come to high-end jewelry the market-up is usually about 800 percent of Material & Labor.
That came out pretty close to that in the video.

gliddenralston

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Well that was interesting, chemistry wasn't my calling in school, not that I'm stupid, I just didn't give a rat at that time in my life.

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Well that was interesting, chemistry wasn't my calling in school, not that I'm stupid, I just didn't give a rat at that time in my life.
You are not alone.
All I remember of Chemistry class is pouring hydrochloric acid on zinc and making Hydrogen & Oxygen gases.

southfork

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
any gold or silver in my old pacemaker, if so its for sale

Ragnarok

I'd rather be
Midas Member
Not $7,000 worth!

R.

Usury

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Looked to me like it was already in pieces when it arrived in the bag. Perhaps it was broken?

Probably one of those “we buy gold” places.

Plus people aren’t wearing watches anymore. I really question whether or not these things will continue to hold the Secondary Market value that they’ve commanded all these years.

But yeah...I get it.

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Destroying a Rolex to see how much gold it contains is beyond moronic.
You should try watching the video next time before commenting.

Joe King

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Destroying a Rolex to see how much gold it contains is beyond moronic.
Hey, don't blame Cody for that. Blame the "What's Inside?" youtube channel. They're the ones that destroyed the watch.
....but if you cringe at people destroying perfectly good (expensive) stuff, don't watch their channel. They do all manner of dumb (imho) stuff.

Hey, don't blame Cody for that. Blame the "What's Inside?" youtube channel. They're the ones that destroyed the watch.
....but if you cringe at people destroying perfectly good (expensive) stuff, don't watch their channel. They do all manner of dumb (imho) stuff.

fair enough

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
I did watch it. Hence the comment. What's your issue? Or are you just trolling?
You're a piece of work. He was sent the broken watch by a YT channel with 6.3 million subscribers asking him to do the experiment. You would have known that though if you watched(pun intended) the first minute of the video. Time to go back under the bridge buddy.

You're a piece of work. He was sent the broken watch by a YT channel with 6.3 million subscribers asking him to do the experiment. You would have known that though if you watched(pun intended) the first minute of the video. Time to go back under the bridge buddy.
Sounds like you're a typical "triggered" Millennial that can't handle other peoples opinions and are offended by anything YOU don't agree with. I do believe "Cody" is a moron for doing hat he did. My opinion. Get over it and let the grown ups talk.

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Sounds like you're a typical "triggered" Millennial that can't handle other peoples opinions and are offended by anything YOU don't agree with. I do believe "Cody" is a moron for doing hat he did. My opinion. Get over it and let the grown ups talk.
That was an impressive display of projection.