• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

How Much SILVER Should I Own ?

Goldbrix

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
Good video but the chart is about half way through the vid. ENJOY:

Goldbrix

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
If you can still move it all by yourself at onetime! ! You aint got enough.
60 T.Oz and you are in the top 1 percent Worldwide.

Buck

Where'd My Country Go?
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Reaction score
or $85 FV of 90% silver fractionals...or, the equialent to 61.488 oz's of .999 silver

dimes and quarters and fifty cent pieces

Buck

Where'd My Country Go?
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Reaction score
If you can still move it all by yourself at onetime! ! You aint got enough.
it's tough to re-float my boat all by myself...i agree

Voodoo

Midas Member
Midas Member
Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
If you have so much silver that you can't carry it, it's time to consider moving some into gold or Platinum or Bitcoin.

Goldbrix

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
Just bought 49 - Uncirculated Rosies over the weekend, one shy of a full roll.
I'm pretty sure I'm in the 1%. Dimes will help when we hit $50.00 bread. Don't laugh Zimbabwe and Venezuela are already there and Argentina is joining the club later.

Goldbrix

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
If you have so much silver that you can't carry it, it's time to consider moving some into gold or Platinum or Bitcoin.
Personally, I'm not touching those last two. Both fall into the to difficult to exchange category. KISS for me. Maybe not for thee.

Voodoo

Midas Member
Midas Member
Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
Personally, I'm not touching those last two. Both fall into the to difficult to exchange category. KISS for me. Maybe not for thee.

Well, I'll say that exchanging a truck full of Silver ain't gonna be a picnic.

Goldbrix

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
Well, I'll say that exchanging a truck full of Silver ain't gonna be a picnic.
That is where gold comes into play. Silver day to day buying/trading. Truck Load ? Gold in me pocket. :winks2:
That is a variety I can work with.

engineear

Platinum Bling
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
I had some 10ths and .25's...some roosters...smalls that have punch, easy to jingle jangle jingle...the 100ozer was painted black for use as a doorstop...then the tornado came and it all went to arKansas, 100ozer just missed the wicked witch from Rodham...darn...still time

Goldbrix

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
I had some 10ths and .25's...some roosters...smalls that have punch, easy to jingle jangle jingle...the 100ozer was painted black for use as a doorstop...then the tornado came and it all went to arKansas, 100ozer just missed the wicked witch from Rodham...darn...still time
Which direction was the tornado headed ? Be like trying to detect meteorites.

Goldhedge

Retired
Mother Lode
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Gold would be the choice to travel. Silver for everyday barter.

Finding either is becoming problematic.

ttazzman

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Survivor
Reaction score
i see pms in a different metric .......IE if you currently require 30k a year after taxes to live and you wanted to store up 10 years of labor equivalents .....then a investment in todays market 50/50 au/ag would be approx 6k oz of silver and 85oz of gold .........this should allow you 10years of the same standard of living sometime in the future with little or no risk....ie it preserves your current labor value into future dollars value

Buck

Where'd My Country Go?
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Reaction score
Just bought 49 - Uncirculated Rosies over the weekend, one shy of a full roll.
I'm pretty sure I'm in the 1%. Dimes will help when we hit $50.00 bread. Don't laugh Zimbabwe and Venezuela are already there and Argentina is joining the club later.
do they use 90% us silver dimes?

seriously, there were lots of south american countries using silver as their base currency up to the 50's / 60's, i wonder how much of that is left over, in-house, in their own neighborhoods

and if none, why is it we collect so much shit?, not literally speaking, figuratively...so much to the fact, there are still millions of dollars, FV, of silver coinage still left 'in circulation' here in the US, just at the hobby level, with probably hundreds of dollars worth, FV, still left in general circulation...

Irons

Outlaw Prospector
Midas Supporter
Mother Lode
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
aawhistle.gif

Buck

Where'd My Country Go?
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Reaction score

Buck

Where'd My Country Go?
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Reaction score
What if you need more than one trip with a forklift?.................
yeah, i've got at least two pallets of Bitcoins i've gotta move around, can i borrow that forklift when youre done?

:don't know:

Goldbrix

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
do they use 90% us silver dimes?

seriously, there were lots of south american countries using silver as their base currency up to the 50's / 60's, i wonder how much of that is left over, in-house, in their own neighborhoods

and if none, why is it we collect so much shit?, not literally speaking, figuratively...so much to the fact, there are still millions of dollars, FV, of silver coinage still left 'in circulation' here in the US, just at the hobby level, with probably hundreds of dollars worth, FV, still left in general circulation...
#1 . Who is 'they" ?
If the rest you say is true how come folks do not fine more 90% coinage in their change ? Its been two years since I found a junk quarter, A year ago a Ag nickle, NO DIMES at all.
Junk coinage may since be considered by .gov and TBTFBs to be in circulation but it is stored away. Folks are not giving 90%Ag up easily. From my observations.

Buck

Where'd My Country Go?
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Reaction score
#1 . Who is 'they" ?
If the rest you say is true how come folks do not fine more 90% coinage in their change ? Its been two years since I found a junk quarter, A year ago a Ag nickle, NO DIMES at all.
Junk coinage may since be considered by .gov and TBTFBs to be in circulation but it is stored away. Folks are not giving 90%Ag up easily. From my observations.
they = various locals from various countries(come on man)

next:, from the Interwebs:
"The U.S. Coin Task Force, in its May 2021 statement, said there is about $48.5 billion in coins in circulation, "
(like picking the fly poop out of the pepper)

and there is no such things as junk silver coinage...there's worn, there's damaged, there's scarce, but there's no junk

:green tea:

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++
Reaction score
Imagine what happens to the BTC crowd when the grid goes down....kind of hard to trade BTC without electricty.
As to how much silver to own? As much as my greedy little self can stack.
I must agree. In these unstable and uncertain times where the internet being taken down by the DS or government terrorists, that BTC isn't going to be very accessible me thinks.

RIP Ponce for your guidance and advice is still paying off for so many of us!

Buck

Where'd My Country Go?
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Reaction score
like potato chips, you can never have just one...more

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++
Reaction score
Do I need to count the silver I have stored at the bottom of the lake?

Goldbrix

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
they = various locals from various countries(come on man)

next:, from the Interwebs:
"The U.S. Coin Task Force, in its May 2021 statement, said there is about $48.5 billion in coins in circulation, "
(like picking the fly poop out of the pepper)

and there is no such things as junk silver coinage...there's worn, there's damaged, there's scarce, but there's no junk

US Coin Task Force "...IN CIRCULATION" The clads and zincs are in circulation, and a miniscule amount of Junk Silver (90%Ag). The term "miniscule" is far to generous .
The terms "Junk Silver" and "Constitutional Silver" are interchangeable. Not only Smooths and Culls are considered junk ALL 90% Silver coinage fits the definition.
AND
YES, I used the term correctly.
You can not identify who "They" are so that response is useless. But you get very specific yet mis-interpret The USCTF statement.
And as usual your obtuse and obfuscated reply is boring and not adding to the conversation. Not comedic either.

Buck

Where'd My Country Go?
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Reaction score
US Coin Task Force "...IN CIRCULATION" The clads and zincs are in circulation, and a miniscule amount of Junk Silver (90%Ag). The term "miniscule" is far to generous .
The terms "Junk Silver" and "Constitutional Silver" are interchangeable. Not only Smooths and Culls are considered junk ALL 90% Silver coinage fits the definition.
AND
YES, I used the term correctly.
You can not identify who "They" are so that response is useless. But you get very specific yet mis-interpret The USCTF statement.
And as usual your obtuse and obfuscated reply is boring and not adding to the conversation. Not comedic either.
you're arguing with the wrong guy...a hundred dollars or two, as i mentioned, amongst the billions...and you're upset because you can't find any...

neener neener neener

"Junk Silver" and "Constitutional Silver" are interchangeable.

sure are, if you're going to speak gibberish...those are colloquialisms that are not accepted everywhere you go, i know, i've met some of those people

and since junk is thrown in the trash, just think of me as the can, send 'em here...or do you hoard junk? you're a junk collector?

they: Mexicans, Panamanians, Columbians...wtf is your issue today? word nazi? too harsh...go have a cup of coffee

Treasure Searcher

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
so much to the fact, there are still millions of dollars, FV, of silver coinage still left 'in circulation' here in the US, just at the hobby level, with probably hundreds of dollars worth, FV, still left in general circulation...
Old coins are still in circulation, but rare. An occasional buffalo nickel or mercury dime turns up, in the cash drawers at work. So far this week a wheat penny and a Canadian penny.

Buck

Where'd My Country Go?
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Reaction score
Old coins are still in circulation, but rare. An occasional buffalo nickel or mercury dime turns up, in the cash drawers at work. So far this week a wheat penny and a Canadian penny.
i'm always checking my change for copper cents and old nickels and anything that 'tings' as i drop it onto the table

one time, some guy came into the gas station and bought several dollars worth of gas with some Benjamins, silver Benny's, face value

the cashier gave them to me and i gave them a finders fee...i know how to grease palms and everyone wins, except for the guy who's benjamins were stolen and wasted on gasoline...and that's considered circulation, isn't it?

they're still out there, some being added daily but i remember reading that Brinks and others have installed silver extractors, coin sorters, to remove those silver coins from the trillions of coins they sort yearly...must have been, at one point, a real bonanza for them

Bman33

Silver Surfer
Reaction score
Three rolls of Silver Eagles is all you need? Not for me. I can't have enough silver and gold and will continue to stack til I die. I did sell some over the last year and a half because of the profit when gold was $1,900 and silver $28. I did not need to sell that gold and silver and regret doing it. I'll never sell again unless some emergency arises (personal or SHTF).

Silvergun

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Reaction score
Only a few are chiming in on actual amounts.

I know SurvivalBlog ran by James Wesley Rawles and his book Patriots (you should read this if you haven't its really good) suggests $1,000 face value of 90% 1964 and earlier silver coins per family member. I prefer dimes myself just as others point out as you can make small purchases.

if you have a decent sized family thats a big chunk of change to get there, but goals are crucial.

ToBeSelfEvident

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Reaction score
I always thought 1000 oz of silver was a worthy target. After that, you should be piling up ammo, food, gold, land, hand tools, seeds, lumber, etc.

A mix of silver dimes, silver dollars or 1oz coins, 5oz or 10oz bars, possibly larger bars. Kilo is probably as large as I'd go. With the high premiums today, there isn't much discount by going bigger.