• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

How the Banking Elite hinders bullion investing

hoarder

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
When gold or silver spikes, confidence in paper money falls. The banking elite will do what they can to prevent this.
Holding gold or silver up to a banker is like holding a cross up to a vampire.
To prevent people from investing in physical metals, bankers will do anything they can to make metals appear to have little value. We have seen this in the paper silver and paper gold markets for decades. The COMEX has hindered the purchase and the taking delivery of 1000 ounce silver bars, as we have seen and experienced over the last twenty years.
It was inevitable that they would use the purchase of bullion houses to accomplish the same objective. At first thought it seems like a contradiction that bankers who despise PM investors would buy out the major Bullion dealers. But control over the physical markets is just another tool in their box to make metals appear less valuable and discourage taking possession of it.
How do they do it? They enforce the paper metals price by offering physical metals at prices well below what they would sell for if buyers could walk in to a local dealer and pay cash for it incognito and take possession immediately by imposing a paper trail on them and a delay to take delivery.
After NWT, Tulving and Bullion Direct all went insolvent leaving bullion buyers holding the bag to the tune of millions each, few bullion buyers are willing to take the risk of sending them a bank wire and waiting for weeks to deliver, let alone leaving a paper trail for lawyers and such to follow up on.
You can still go to small local independent coin and bullion dealers and buy physical metals, IF they have any in stock. Usually they will tell you they can get the metal from the bullion warehouses, but you still have the paper trail and delay along with the required cash in advance. The bank owned bullion houses act like they have tons of metal lying around, that there's no shortage at all.

Last edited:

chris_is_here

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Reaction score
I remember when these pricks knocked spot silver back to $11. I visited every shop I could find and haggled my ass off to buy cheap bullion. Like you said, most places stopped selling, claiming they didn't have anything (they did, they just didn't want to give it away). A few were willing to sell a buck or two above spot, and I cleaned them out. Turned out to be a good move, I bought a lot of silver bars and rounds for $12, give or take.

EO 11110

(you) have a message
Survivor
Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score
coin dealer on the radio says he doesnt have to 'know his customer' unless he sells bullion. he used that as one of the advantages of coins over bullion. for stacking ounces, junk

hoarder

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
I remember when these pricks knocked spot silver back to $11. I visited every shop I could find and haggled my ass off to buy cheap bullion. Like you said, most places stopped selling, claiming they didn't have anything (they did, they just didn't want to give it away). A few were willing to sell a buck or two above spot, and I cleaned them out. Turned out to be a good move, I bought a lot of silver bars and rounds for $12, give or take.
Two different dynamics. The independent bullion dealers want to make money buying and selling (and sometimes holding) metals, while the banker owned big bullion dealers want to control the price and mostly drive it downwards to make fiat look good, even if they lose money on bullion.
I can sympathize with the independent as he's just making a living.

chris_is_here

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Reaction score
Two different dynamics. The independent bullion dealers want to make money buying and selling (and sometimes holding) metals, while the banker owned big bullion dealers want to control the price and mostly drive it downwards to make fiat look good, even if they lose money on bullion.
I can sympathize with the independent as he's just making a living.

Absolutely true, it's two forces pulling in opposite directions. I look at it as an long-term opportunity to just buy and hold metals. For the shorter haul, I like to play around with SLV and scalp a few bucks here and there, what I earn from that gets plowed back into the long-term strategy.

Buck

Mother Lode Found
Midas Supporter
Mother Lode
Reaction score
You can still go to small local independent coin and bullion dealers and buy physical metals,
i only wonder how much pressure the majority of these independent coin and bullion dealers can take before they throw in the towl, if few / no one, is actually selling anything back to them, they're only making 'half a deal' which means either raise that premium on the 'sell' or they're only going to go 'backwards', financially

and since many are owned by 'older people', retirement might seem more enticing for them to close up and take themselves and their personal stash and go away, for a while

see what actually happens without all the stress...

and our exit strategies will change dramatically if that happens