• Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
  • There are no markets
  • "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

HP Silently Installing Software On Your PC

Bottom Feeder

Hypophthalmichthys molitrix
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
https://thehackernews.com/2017/11/hp-computers-telemetry-data.html

Multiple HP customers from around the world are reporting that HP has started deploying a "spyware" onto their laptops—without informing them or asking their permission.

According to reports on several online forums, the telemetry software—which the HP customers said they never opted to have installed and had no idea was continually running in the background—was pushed out in a recent update.

On HP's customer forum, one user even reported that due to more than 95 percent CPU usage by the analytics service. The program seems to send data to the company's server once per day.
If you don't want this application to send data from your computer to HP's servers, you can disable the service or uninstall the program completely, which is relatively quickly and easily.

To uninstall this service, go to Control Panel, select Programs and Features, and right-click on the program name (HP Touchpoint Analytics), and select Uninstall to remove it.

So here's another program, sent to you by people who know what you need, to find out what you think, so they can change your mind and bog down your machine.

BF

Irons

Deep Sixed
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
Zapped it out of this laptop thank you! I will zap it out of my other 2 as I get to them.

.:2 thumbs up:

Bottom Feeder

Hypophthalmichthys molitrix
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
From what I've been reading they install it on other computers that have HP printer device drivers also. And it's not installed through windoze updates, it's pushed out by HP. I use HP printers but I have not found it on any of my computers.

BF

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
They have spy cameras built into tp so they can watch you shit now
Fortunately I don't take my laptop or my tablet with me to the Crapper. :band player 4: :dancing guy
They may get audio from my phone but "Nada" on video. :blew up: :piss

Irons

Deep Sixed
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
My home desktop doesn't have it. My oldest computer is my work laptop I'll see if it's on there Monday.
The laptop I uninstalled it from earlier today is only 1 year old.

anywoundedduck

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
HP has been doing this since Carly. At first their malware would take over half the RAM and slow computers to a crawl. Today their malware is not so aggressive, but I keep that shit off my computer.