• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Hurricane Dorian Tracking Thread

Twisted

Gold Member
Gold Chaser

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
That's the one! Well done sir.

IMO, that is a smart mofo.

He's got... what? $350 invested in tie down straps and aircraft stakes. His roof will be the last to go in his neighborhood, or the only one not dinged.

mayhem

My name is Perrin. Who are you?
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
We are all buttoned up now. Took some pics so's if push comes to shove with the insurance company I got some poof.
IMG_0001.JPG
IMG_0007.JPG
IMG_0004.JPG

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
Cat 5 Dorian Scouring the Bahamas; Impact to Florida Still Uncertain

Bigjon

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Sr Site Supporter
From Jim Stone:

Let's put Dorian in perspective:
This is the best call on this bluff I can think of: Compare Dorian to the Joplin tornado.
Let's put this in even more clear terms:

They are claiming Dorian is equal to the tornado that hit Joplin (an epic devastator tornado) except with a damage path 100+ miles wide. Check out this in depth analysis of the Joplin tornado, done by meteorological experts. By their numbers Dorian is outperforming the Joplin tornado significantly, plus doing it with a damage path 200 times as wide. If we don't see THAT kind of damage where Dorian makes landfall, across the entire length of a 2 hour drive, they lied about Dorian.
I have obviously captured that article because they'll back wipe it once they figure out it blows the lid off Dorian. The damage Dorian did in the Bahamas was nowhere near as bad as the Joplin tornado, with 185 mph sustained winds and gusts to 220 as claimed, Dorian should have totally out performed the Joplin tornado, which according to the NWS had max wind gusts of 208 mph, but experts have concluded the Joplin winds never broke 200 even in the worst gusts. Compare the Joplin damage to the Dorian damage. Dorian is NOT EVEN CLOSE, which proves the cat 5 rating is a BIG FAT LIE.

What they are saying about Dorian makes it an F5 tornado more than 100 miles across. The devastation should be absolute, with the ground scoured to oblivion and not a trace of human habitation left AT ALL.

THE VERDICT IS IN - THEY LIED ABOUT DORIAN
Dorian hit the Bahamas and did cat 1 damage, just as I said, with the worst video being of the ocean shore. Away from the ocean virtually every house is intact and some are not damaged at all, not even the shingles after a direct hit. That's not possible with a cat 5.

Look at this video from the Bahamas
Dorian scored a direct hit here. And the damage is typical of a strong cat 1. No hurricane is play time, cat 1's do significant damage. Note in the video:

There are many houses TOTALLY UNHURT, not even missing shingles. There are lots of houses missing shingles. There are a couple that got wrecked. Those probably had termite damage. It is obvious 90+ mph winds hit, but it is also obvious those winds were NOT 185 mph as stated.

The Bahamas have CAT 1 DAMAGE after taking a direct hit from "cat 5" Dorian
Except for where the ocean did the damage, houses in perfect line of wind are still standing, missing only their shingles. That's cat 1 damage.

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
From Jim Stone:

This is the best call on this bluff I can think of: Compare Dorian to the Joplin tornado.

They are claiming Dorian is equal to the tornado that hit Joplin (an epic devastator tornado) except with a damage path 100+ miles wide. Check out this in depth analysis of the Joplin tornado, done by meteorological experts. By their numbers Dorian is outperforming the Joplin tornado significantly, plus doing it with a damage path 200 times as wide. If we don't see THAT kind of damage where Dorian makes landfall, across the entire length of a 2 hour drive, they lied about Dorian.
I have obviously captured that article because they'll back wipe it once they figure out it blows the lid off Dorian. The damage Dorian did in the Bahamas was nowhere near as bad as the Joplin tornado, with 185 mph sustained winds and gusts to 220 as claimed, Dorian should have totally out performed the Joplin tornado, which according to the NWS had max wind gusts of 208 mph, but experts have concluded the Joplin winds never broke 200 even in the worst gusts. Compare the Joplin damage to the Dorian damage. Dorian is NOT EVEN CLOSE, which proves the cat 5 rating is a BIG FAT LIE.

What they are saying about Dorian makes it an F5 tornado more than 100 miles across. The devastation should be absolute, with the ground scoured to oblivion and not a trace of human habitation left AT ALL.

Dorian hit the Bahamas and did cat 1 damage, just as I said, with the worst video being of the ocean shore. Away from the ocean virtually every house is intact and some are not damaged at all, not even the shingles after a direct hit. That's not possible with a cat 5.

Dorian scored a direct hit here. And the damage is typical of a strong cat 1. No hurricane is play time, cat 1's do significant damage. Note in the video:

There are many houses TOTALLY UNHURT, not even missing shingles. There are lots of houses missing shingles. There are a couple that got wrecked. Those probably had termite damage. It is obvious 90+ mph winds hit, but it is also obvious those winds were NOT 185 mph as stated.

Except for where the ocean did the damage, houses in perfect line of wind are still standing, missing only their shingles. That's cat 1 damage.
While on the topic folks should check out my thread on the aftermath: https://www.goldismoney2.com/thread...nth-after-the-c-5-tornado-hit-pictures.19292/

BarnacleBob

Founding Member
Site Mgr
Site Supporter
noaad1.png

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
From Jim Stone:

They lie to us about everything now man....everything! Nothing we're told from anybody 'official' including the zionist news media, is accurate nor can any of it ever be taken seriously without some kind of concrete verification. It's like trying to get your information from a 10 year old kid now and it won't get any better save for a purge, which isn't going to happen now...too little too late!

kiffertom

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Seeker

Thecrensh

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
From Jim Stone:

A couple of things; they have changed how they measure the wind speed at the surface, but that doesn't mean that Dorian is "only" a Cat-1...Jim Stone doesn't know much about meteorology and you shouldn't listen to him when it comes to Dorian's strength. It might not be a "Cat-5" but it's certainly a very powerful storm.

BarnacleBob

Founding Member
Site Mgr
Site Supporter
radsfcus_exp_new (1).gif

Bigjon

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Sr Site Supporter
A couple of things; they have changed how they measure the wind speed at the surface, but that doesn't mean that Dorian is "only" a Cat-1...Jim Stone doesn't know much about meteorology and you shouldn't listen to him when it comes to Dorian's strength. It might not be a "Cat-5" but it's certainly a very powerful storm.
Well I'll keep listening to Jim Stone. He knows that they can maneuver these storms to where they want them.
So in real life besides being a carbon tax salesman, did you sleep in a Holiday Inn Express?

From Jim Stone:
Observation on Dorian:
They are keeping it parked over the Bahamas for HOURS AND HOURS without it moving to maximize the damage they can get from approximately 100 mph wind. THE JOPLIN TORNADO DID IT'S DAMAGE IN UNDER A MINUTE AND MOVED ON, AND WAS RATED LOWER THAN THIS HURRICANE. If there's more than mud left of the Bahamas after this, without a trace of civilization in sight, they hoaxed this. If their ratings are accurate, absolute annihilation is only thing possible with stronger winds than Joplin, hundreds of times more area than Joplin and 500X the time to do damage.

OhWell

Silver Member
Silver Miner
The Joplin photos look very much like what I saw after hurricane Andrew. From Killian Drive south it was total destruction. 21 inches of Biscayne Bay in the house for over 4 hours and 200+MPH winds took our home in Andrew. The north eyewall went right through the Cutler Ridge area. Difficulties in finding my way around were complicated by the obvious damage to structures, signs, trees and so forth. What I did not expect was the added confusion of the colors of familiar landmarks had changed. The wind blew the paint off the buildings, what was left of them anyway.

If anything even remotely like Andrew sat over the Bahamas for any length of time there would be total and complete destruction.

Fatrat

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
Some of my co-workers are buying retirement condos near Ormond Beach/Daytona area, I wonder how they will stand this hurricane.

ttazzman

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
i remember the Joplin tornado well....was on I44 highway about 50 miles east of joplin when the storm came thru....i remember it was sunny and there was a wall cloud of green horizon to horizon in the joplin direction........spend many days afterwards doing forensic engineering and damage and safety assessments afterwards ......the joplin one is the worst in total i have ever seen.......the issue with tornados is the "minutes" of warning you get maybe....vs for example a hurricane where you get "days" of warning .......very powerful stuff these weather events hard to really understand unless you live them......

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
i remember the Joplin tornado well....was on I44 highway about 50 miles east of joplin when the storm came thru....i remember it was sunny and there was a wall cloud of green horizon to horizon in the joplin direction........spend many days afterwards doing forensic engineering and damage and safety assessments afterwards ......the joplin one is the worst in total i have ever seen.......the issue with tornados is the "minutes" of warning you get maybe....vs for example a hurricane where you get "days" of warning .......very powerful stuff these weather events hard to really understand unless you live them......
And those pics I took were months after clean-up had begun. Unimaginable really.

Thecrensh

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Well I'll keep listening to Jim Stone. He knows that they can maneuver these storms to where they want them.
So in real life besides being a carbon tax salesman, did you sleep in a Holiday Inn Express?

From Jim Stone:
Observation on Dorian:
They are keeping it parked over the Bahamas for HOURS AND HOURS without it moving to maximize the damage they can get from approximately 100 mph wind. THE JOPLIN TORNADO DID IT'S DAMAGE IN UNDER A MINUTE AND MOVED ON, AND WAS RATED LOWER THAN THIS HURRICANE. If there's more than mud left of the Bahamas after this, without a trace of civilization in sight, they hoaxed this. If their ratings are accurate, absolute annihilation is only thing possible with stronger winds than Joplin, hundreds of times more area than Joplin and 500X the time to do damage.
Comparing the Joplin tornado and a Cat-5 hurricane is like comparing a stock Harley Davidson motorcycle with a Japanese racing motorcycle. They're both motorcycles, but that's about where the similarities end. The Joplin tornado was about a mile across with tremendous winds, but that's it - only wind. Hurricanes have storm surge as well which do more broad damage across a much wider area...in the case of Dorian, something like 50 miles across.

Also, the construction of homes in the Bahamas uses a lot of cinderblock - unlike places like Oklahoma. They get hurricanes in the Bahamas, so they build sturdier houses to deal with them otherwise the place would just be destroyed every couple of years.

Additionally, what brings down structures isn't necessarily the velocity of the wind, but how rapidly the wind changes direction. A tornado puts extreme stress on a building in one direction then quickly changes the direction as the narrow funnel moves rapidly past (30-40mph+). The Hurricanes put the stress mostly in one direction for long periods of time and gradually shift directions as the storm slowly moves by (10-15mph)

Krag

Planet earth
Platinum Bling
If we had bucks to burn would be heading out to the Carolinas to hang 10!

OhWell

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Also, the construction of homes in the Bahamas uses a lot of cinderblock - unlike places like Oklahoma. They get hurricanes in the Bahamas, so they build sturdier houses to deal with them otherwise the place would just be destroyed every couple of years.

Additionally, what brings down structures isn't necessarily the velocity of the wind, but how rapidly the wind changes direction. A tornado puts extreme stress on a building in one direction then quickly changes the direction as the narrow funnel moves rapidly past (30-40mph+). The Hurricanes put the stress mostly in one direction for long periods of time and gradually shift directions as the storm slowly moves by (10-15mph)
Change in direction is an issue, especially with trees. But it is not the most significant to buildings. When the wind is blowing 200+MPH everything not nailed down becomes a missile. Andrew drove a 6 foot section of 2x4 almost all the way through a palm tree in my front yard about 8 feet off the ground. If the building has been built properly you are okay as long as you keep the storm outside the house. As soon as it pierces through to the inside, off comes the roof and destruction begins. My home was concrete block construction built in 1972. We lost most of the roof and when the trusses were torn off the it took much of the block it was attached to.

On Homestead AFB the hangers had "hurricane proof" hanger doors that were supposed to be good to at least 250MPH. Well needless to say mother nature proved that theory wrong.

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
From outer edge to outer edge Dorian is about 540 miles wide ATM.

Bigjon

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Sr Site Supporter
From Jim Stone:

AND NOW IT IS TIME FOR THE B.S. BUSTING AMBUSH ON DORIAN I SAID I HAD THREE DAYS AGO. READ IT AND WEEP CARBON TAX TROLLS!
Top posted Dorian update:

This analysis of the Joplin tornado DESTROYS the Dorian hoax.
As of the 10AM CST update, Dorian is weakening significantly, so significantly I think they are losing it. That's what they get for trying to coax an ocean that did not want to cooperate because it was simply too cold.

My final answer on Dorian - compare Dorian to Joplin
They went so overboard (brainlessly) with Dorian that they put the wind speeds far beyond the worst tornado disaster in recent American history. So now it is time to shred this hoax.

In the main window below there is an analysis of Joplin done by weather experts that the Weather Channel posted. I have it captured if they change it (now posted on the left) Dorian, as advertised, had higher winds than the Joplin tornado, and Dorian stayed in one place for 500X as long as the Joplin tornado did, and covered an area hundreds of times larger than the Joplin tornado. If the Bahamas don't look like chocolate pudding, without a trace of civilization anywhere except for random metallic shapes that are what is left of the cars, they hoaxed Dorian and that's all there is to it. The devastation should be complete if winds really did hit 220 MPH like Zero Hedge claimed. As bad as Joplin was, 83 percent of the devastation was caused by winds of 135 mph, with only a small portion of the damage being done by 180 MPH winds right on the tornado's eye wall.

If Dorian was as stated, the aftermath should be Joplin times about 50,000 (300 times the area X 500 times as long X far more intense winds.)

Dorian is a classic example of having the method of telling a lie so big everyone will believe it FAIL, only ignorance will get them through this one, hard times in leftist land, they'd have been better off ditching it in the Atlantic than lying like they did.

UP AND COMING STORY: FANTASTIC CONSTRUCTION IN THE BAHAMAS SPARED THEM THE WORST. You read it here first!

AFTERMATH VIDEOS AND LIVE FEED LAY WASTE THE DORIAN HOAX
HERE IS 22 MINUTES OF VIDEO OF DORIAN DESTROYING FREEPORT IN THE BAHAMAS, WHERE THE DAMAGE WAS AMONG THE WORST.

Anything built worth a crap was not damaged AT ALL. There is no video evidence whatsoever, even after they stalled this storm for max damage, there's no evidence of anything over a cat 1. I suspect the NWS, which has an influence over the wind map, hoaxed it up to a cat 2 but could not get away with more.

The hoax is not holding, and public opinion is coming out flatly against the MSM lie. This video shows one of the "hardest hit" areas. Very little happened other than damage to low lying areas from storm surge. Obviously storm surge is going to wreck the shoreline, possibly even from just a mere tropical storm.

I CANNOT BELIEVE THE GIFT THE HOAXERS HANDED THIS SITE, WHICH CALLED IT AS IT WAS THE ENTIRE TIME, AND NEVER WAVERED. NOT A SINGLE VIDEO SHOWS ANY MORE THAN CAT 1 DAMAGE. THIS IS NOT A JOPLIN.
The mayhem the scamming MSM and Noaa caused is worth a MASSIVE CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT.

Last edited:

<SLV>

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
I'll bet Irons will be combing the Bahama beaches after this. Might uncover some pirates' chests.

Weatherman

In GIM since 2006
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++

Krag

Planet earth
Platinum Bling
How do we even know that the "satellite" images are true or are they holograms? And what's with the name? It's unisex, perfect for these days of gender bending. And why can't we just nuke these?

Thecrensh

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Uhh huh,

so now the media is stating the blow has weakened to a Cat 3,
in that it was a 5 and now a 3

I say, it never was a five

That yet again, it was all a hoax

I get it, a 3 is nothing to sneeze at, but it is a far cry from a 5
The Hurricane Hunter aircraft have recently begun measuring the wind using passive radiation sensors (I can't explain because I don't even understand, but not "nuclear radiation") as well as dropsondes to get wind measurements. They also use the winds aloft and extrapolate down to the surface...not always a sure thing. Anyway...it's entirely possible that Dorian was a 4 or even a 3 in the Bahamas...but there's no doubt that a lot of damage was done and that the storm surge was pretty high. I've seen video where the top of a palm tree was sticking out of the water in a neighborhood and the water level was up to the roof on a number of houses.

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
When you guys get done... this "fake" hurricane has given the Bahamians a teeny bit of possible concern. Here is a short video of a guy on the second floor of his house on Grand Bahama -- he is filming the 25-foot storm surge water halfway up his window... no place to go, because other than his house, there IS no place.

Meh.

And this pore sumbitch: He be lookin' out the upstairs window (which is partially under water) at the tops of the palm trees in his front yard. That is all that shows above the ocean water...

Meh.

Anyway... here's a status report from pore ole Unca and Witchy-poo living on the Dragon's Lip:

This monster has been sitting in one fargin spot all fargin night. Hurricanes are s'posed to move. If you look at a map and draw a line straight to shore from where it has been trying to break Herself's spell on it, you will have drawn a line right through Chateau Snedeker.

This is very unusual. And I doan like it at all. I am ready -- quite ready -- to have this turn out to be a fine practice drill.

From an "ohshit" POV... again, Meh.

The air is, while not perfectly still, perfectly normal. It is not raining. We have some clouds, but my honeybees are all over the passion flowers, the peacocks came up to me for breakfast, as well as the bunnyrabbit and the other creachy-poos that hang at the Chateau.

One major standout: Fargin SILENCE.

Hey. It is Tuesday morning. Supposed to be an endless shitload of folks going off to work... not a sound. Not one car/truck/cycle/tank/airplane.

Weird.

Again, thanks to the Colorado Crusader for Cornelius (Corny -- my middle name -- it explains the scars in my eyebrows) I again slept the sleep of the just and righteous last night... waiting for the roaring to begin.

Woke up to... silence.

Last edited: