• Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
  • There are no markets
  • "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Hurricane Irma Watch.

Son of Gloin

Certainty of death? What are we waiting for?
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Yesterday 0300 to 2300. Boarding rentals etc
Made decision to dismantle canopies I have as outdoor shop and Willys Jeep garage because of sustained wind concerns and past experience with rotation etc
Its / they are anchored like no tomorrow and also 6 x 6 supported but wanted the tops off.
Some storm gusts generally speaking...yeah...ok ....but not sustained.
( remembering Charlie in particular )
So....this morning....
Up at 0300. Check track.
Drizzle rain with some gusts.
Looked vids of steady wind and rain in Miami / Miami Beach. Yup...time to get going.
Especially if it turns eastward after Key West / Ft Myers.
Went outside. Tarps over everything. Tie wire around everything. Canopy covers on ground with 4 x 4s covering for weight.
Whole back area is fenced with hand built 4x4 or 6x6 posts with 4x4 rails and 6" slats. All square drives. No nails.
Just shored up east side with 4 x 6s at 30 " to 36 " ( hard pan was tough....lol.. ) depth as house next door was between renters.
Gonna take the old Jeep and pull him down next to the house / fence area ( side I just shored up ) and go with God.
Just took down a 80 to 100 year tree there so all out of tree range which was my concern ( same tree on neighbors side that top pile drove my house in Charlie ) there as well as back in the back.

Back of property is Utilco easment. Some trees on neighbors lot behind and other side of power line . Too close for me to leave all as is and feel comfortable.
Speaking of that. Im at end of street.
Last on the line I am.
Expecting power loss. Same with internet.
Will be overjoyed if not.
Taking a nap now.
Gonna remove some other personal docs ( although in 600lb fire safe cabinet )
from the 2 story connestoga barn later today.
Neighbors tree concerns again.
Report says that roughest part for us....sustained 75 or so will
be between 12:01 and 0600ish Monday.
All subject to change in a moment ....lol...
All good. Wine for breakfast. Forgot to buy Bass Ale and Newcastle.

Thoughts are with SOUTHFORK and LATEMETAL.
Also there was a member here from Weeki Wachee area for some time. Any others on west coast. Same to you and thought with you.
Regards to all. Back later with some pics.
Also...Agnut...thanks for the call. Lots of support from you and Uncle and Mayhem and VT and CL and everyone. Appreciate it.
Again all good :)
Haystack.
Bass Ale and Newcastle..., I love them malty brown ales, too. And Kentucky bourbon. Nectar of the gods, baby.

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
Here's live news coverage

also if you go to facebook, left column, live videos a map appears.

scroll into the keys and click on the blue dot. The lowest dot is a Harbor Master live feeding.

Silver Art

Silver Art Bar collector
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Tropical tidbits Sunday morning update: Irma's going to Memphis

I was hearing that too on one of the local station. The local TV station also said that it was "wobbling" and they were not 100% sure of direction. The current track is that it will hit Tampa, then Tallahassee, then Birmingham and then Memphis. If moves more northward, then it will hit Atlanta and then a large chunk of Middle Tennessee (Nashville) and East Tennessee (Chattanooga, Knoxville). This will be very interesting to see where in Tennessee this will hit. When it hits TN, they were saying winds of 40-60 MPH and 3-6 inches of rain early next week.

ToBeSelfEvident

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
We are okay in Jacksonville. Some wind and rain a few hours ago, currently just drizzle. I'm hoping to get through the 1PM - 4PM Jacksonville at Houston NFL game with power intact, otherwise will listen on the radio. We have a place to run to if things get bad. Mother-in-law died last month but her apartment is 1/2 mile away in a retirement apartment building. They may still have power if we lose ours.

ErrosionOfAccord

#1 Global Warmer
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
I've come to the conclusion that Zerohedge is based in FL as there have not been many updates. Keep your heads down GIMer's.

hammerhead

Not just a screen name
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Marco bro checked in. He's @ marriot. I think he is safe there even though it is right on the coast. Says surge Monday is his big concern. I have a hard time believing his or sis's house will be unscathed if not destroyed. Heard reports eye is heading right for them.
Haven't heard or expect to hear from Naples bro.

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
City of Marathon: ‘Everything is under water, I mean everything’
BY DAVID GOODHUE
    • SEPTEMBER 10, 2017 8:14 AM

Early Sunday morning, as the eye of the massive Hurricane Irma was about to hit Key West, conditions were dire in the Middle Keys city of Marathon.

Larry Kahn, editor of the Keynoter and an editor for FlKeysNews.com, reported from one of Monroe County’s four “refuges of last resort” — a shelter set up at Marathon High School on Sombrero Road, that power was out, there was no running water, and everything outside was submerged by storm surge and rain.

“Everything is underwater, I mean everything,” Kahn said.

To make matters worse, one of the estimated 50 people staying at the shelter died overnight. Kahn said he was told by a Sheriff’s Office deputy that the man died of natural causes.

“He was staying in one of the classrooms,” Kahn said. “Police came up, along with a couple of nurses who are here, actually, got everyone out of the room and sealed it off.”

With everyone’s food running low, a deputy told Kahn that other deputies were going to go into the school’s cafeteria and raid the kitchen to make sure everyone stayed fed.

“He told me everyone could be in this building for days,” Kahn said. “Everyone here seems to be just walking around in a fog.”

The National Weather Service in Key West reported regular 80- to 90-mph wind gusts around 8 a.m. The northern eye wall of the storm was just off Key West at 7 a.m., with the eye 15 miles southeast of the Southernmost City.

David Goodhue: 305-440-3204

http://www.flkeysnews.com/news/local/article172399102.html

Hystckndle

Daguerreotype Fanatic
Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
We left everything on the counters for easy access. It's getting busy outside. Tonight's menu is spaghetti and meatballs. Tomorrow's is tuna steak tacos which require less energy to prepare. View attachment 93521
I' ll be right over with the Mrs...
Ssgette and meatballs is a fav...
:)

EricTheCat

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Some more charts.

Marathon, FL. Wind stopped reading overnight (fairly common for these stations to go down in these kind of conditions). Peak measured gust was 71 MPH.
kmth-wind-day.gif

Judging by the pressure that peak measurement was probably not the highest wind the area had.
kmth-pressure2-day.gif

Last night I added Key West and Naples to the stations to graph.

Key West station stopped reading wind this morning peaking at 58 MPH sustained with gusts of 81 MPH
keyw-wind-day.gif

Naples so far reading 40 MPH sustained with gusts of 60 MPH
kapf-wind-day.gif

Pressure dropping quickly in Naples
kapf-pressure2-day.gif

keef

Пальто Crude
Platinum Bling
Sorry 'bout ur luck n all, gimmer pals {but, like Scorp likes to tell ME/GIM it not responsible for YOUR poor choices in life!}

So, suck it up or move further Inland. {Florida does kind of hang down like a big wang in the Atlantic if you haven't noticed} And the Atlantic is kinna like me after Bar Closing. {yeah, that bad}

Like abused spouse syndrome/We think we have it coming? Ok.

Seriously, please take my sage advice {I never use it anyhow} :cow:

keef

Пальто Crude
Platinum Bling
For those who prefer the video; Hurricane Billy Bob:

K~You don't know just when, but give me a break
You know that 'crazy uncle' is gonna show up sooner or later.:don't know:

Professur

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
One hour til the eye wall runs right over the top of Naples.

hammerhead

Not just a screen name
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
And boom. Makes landfall in Marco. Be some anxious people waiting to hear from baby bro. Found out from sis, my other brother high tailed it to Bama. Fecker didn't bother letting me know. Here I've been thinking he was sitting in some building in Naples getting pulverized.

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
Special Report 3 - Whats happening around the area
The Prepared Mind

Published on Sep 10, 2017
SHTF prepper - BIG NEWS IN THE WORLD TO CONSIDER

News updates provided by John at Alpha Charlie Concepts -
https://www.youtube.com/user/AlphaCha...

Gang of looters caught on camera smashing their way into a sports store in Fort Lauderdale and running off with armloads of goods despite storm-force winds
  • At least eight people were filmed by an ABC crew breaking into Simon's Sportswear in Fort Lauderdale, Florida
  • The group did so amid Hurricane Irma's destruction across South Florida
  • ABC reports that a Foot Locker nearby was also looted and it is not clear whether the incidents were related
  • No one in either group has been identified

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4870676/Eight-looters-broke-Fort-Lauderdale-clothing-retailer.html#ixzz4sJIDt9hR
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

BigJim#1-8

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
Fox called Keys, humanitarian crisis, also sending mortuary teams.

Zed

Size doesn't count!
Midas Member
Looks like its on replay mode. Has a time meter on bottom left of screen. Live usually runs with no time meter.
That might be, maybe YouTube caches the live feed then replays it when the live feed ends. I'm really not sure how YouTube works with live feeds.

keef

Пальто Crude
Platinum Bling
tssst. Typical American Neighbors.

Don't even say 'hi' to each other until shit is blowing down the street at over 100 mph?
{Hey? The 'eye' is a good time to loot the corner liquor store/just sayin...}

Professur

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Special Report 3 - Whats happening around the area
The Prepared Mind

Published on Sep 10, 2017
SHTF prepper - BIG NEWS IN THE WORLD TO CONSIDER

News updates provided by John at Alpha Charlie Concepts -
https://www.youtube.com/user/AlphaCha...

Gang of looters caught on camera smashing their way into a sports store in Fort Lauderdale and running off with armloads of goods despite storm-force winds
  • At least eight people were filmed by an ABC crew breaking into Simon's Sportswear in Fort Lauderdale, Florida
  • The group did so amid Hurricane Irma's destruction across South Florida
  • ABC reports that a Foot Locker nearby was also looted and it is not clear whether the incidents were related
  • No one in either group has been identified

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4870676/Eight-looters-broke-Fort-Lauderdale-clothing-retailer.html#ixzz4sJIDt9hR
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
No prize for guessing what minority they belong to.

keef

Пальто Crude
Platinum Bling

hammerhead

Not just a screen name
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
That might be, maybe YouTube caches the live feed then replays it when the live feed ends. I'm really not sure how YouTube works with live feeds.
They were doing good with live feeds last night. Scene cuts out at about 1:02 for duration.

Thecrensh

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
I've seen videos/pics of flooding in areas nowhere near South Florida. Also saw a video of the Wakulla river drained almost dry by the "reverse" surge. The Wakulla river is near Tallahassee waaaaay up North...the wind field between the dominant high up North and Irma down South is huge.