• Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
  • There are no markets
  • "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

I gotta write a 8-10 thesis paper on 'End the Fed'

I got to write a thesis paper on problem/solution on ending the Federal Reserve by tonight and due tomorrow on my Bday lol. I could use your help since this is to go place on ending the Fed. I got to be objective but have to state mainly the problems, counter-arguments of why having a Central Bank is good or bad. I can't use Infowars as a reliable source like real sources that are objective.

Then I have to write a 2-3 page on the solution. I've seen many arguments on the solution but can't really pinpoint on a good conclusion after we end the Fed. So many questions I do have, that my own teacher brought up on the topic to counter all my arguments basically to challenge me. My English Teacher didn't even know about the Federal Reserve until I brought it up that my problem/solution will be on. Which makes me feel good, the more people are knowledgeable and start questioning what the Fed is, the better. Here is the rundown of various of questions. I basically have to counter every argument that the people who support the Fed.

• Why having a central bank is bad or good?
  • How is the fiat currency and fractional banking bad?
  • Is the Gold Standard outdated, not efficient and effective? if not so can the Gold Standard still meet the demands of a world economy? to address a real-time crisis like a hurricane? since it's pinged to a precious metal that has a limited supply.
  • How is Gold/Silver real money?
  • When President Nixon took us off the gold standard how did U.S inflation and debt sky rocket?
  • How did the Fed devalue the dollar by 95%?
  • Is Inflation good or bad? if it's bad why is inflation bad or good?
  • How does the Fed cause artificial booms and bust(bubbles)
  • How is the inflation a hidden or a backdoor tax?
  • Why were the people so secret drafting up the Federal Reserve Act? on Jekyll island
  • How does the Fed benefit the super wealthy rich 1%? and screws over the middle and poor class?
  • How is the Federal Reserve a private bank when our elected officials appoint Fed Chairmen to oversee the operations of the fed?
  • Who are the shareholders of the Fed, if they do provide a profit?
  • Supporters of the Fed state our monetary policy needs to be separated and independent from politics and Congress. Not having politics interfere with monetary policy. (Sounds like only thing both sides can agree on)
  • If the Federal Reserve profits are reinvested in the treasury through paying the interest on our federal income tax. Why is it a big deal?
  • How does the Federal Reserve promote endless and reckless spending by the Congress?
  • If the twenty trillion dollars debt is so bad? why should the average American even care? or give notice?
  • If the national debt is bad and could cause a country to default like Greece, Haiti. How does this affect us Americans if U.S defaults on its debt? what is the consequences of U.S defaulting? Hyperinflation? Credit Rating plummets. Should we not worry if World Bank just writes off our debt and replaces dollar/euro with a world currency?
  • How is the Federal Reserve unconstitutional? this seems like a grey area when George Washington allowed the first central bank convinced by Alexander Hamilton.
  • If we do End the Fed tomorrow, how will it not cause panic like people selling off their stocks and causing a depression?
  • What will post 'End the Fed' look like? Will U.S go in-house having more supervision on central bank with more of a greenback system?
  • Did the Federal Government or Fed gave the ok to bail out the big banks? was the Fed direcly responsible for 2008 recession?
  • How is the Fed kicking the can down the road after 2008 recession? What are they really trying to avoid?
Can someone please explain basic of the operations of the Fed and how it increases our money supply by printing money? Do I have it right or what I am missing? This is what I have wrote in my essay.

"If the Federal Government needs money, without increasing taxes to get those funds, they issue Treasury bonds or T-bills and sell them to Federal Reserve. Then in return, the Fed buys the T-Bills, prints money putting more money in circulation. and charges interest to the United States Government. The federal government pays that interest by raising funds from the federal income tax To get this money to the banks. The Fed buys bonds from banks and requires banks to keep ten percent in reserves. They can issue loans with the remaining ninety percent.

In other words, the Fed buys a bond for one hundred dollars, then lends that money to the bank. The bank deposits that original hundred and lends out remaining ninety dollars, so it creates one hundred and ninety of new money on the market. The bank loans that money to someone who then spends that money increasing reserves and deposits in other banks[M1] . This vicious cycle quadruples that one ninety into several thousand dollars. Increasing the money supply by ten folds and devaluing the dollar.
[M1]This needs to be explained more clearly.

The biggest confusion is after the Fed buys bonds on the open market say a $100. If USA Bank is only required to keep 10% of the $100 in reserves, which is $10. The USA bank can loan out the $90. How does this quad troubles the money supply? any help would be appreciated.

Last edited:

hoarder

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
They made the Federal Reserve infinitely complex for a reason. If it was simple, you could explain it. By making it complicated, anything you say about it, they can say is false.
Complexity has a motive.

FunnyMoney

Silver Member
Silver Miner
GIM1 was removed, otherwise you could have probably quickly typed something up using rant snippets from any number of threads that used to exist there. However, here you will need to do a lot of searching. Videos from the Money Masters makes a good start.

On your specific questions... , each one of those could easily take a page or two to explain so I'm not sure why you have so many. But I can take question #1 for you...

Of course a CB is bad. Many past leaders including many of the nation's founders wrote about how a CB is a bad idea. Those ideas ranged from the absolute power argument... "centralized power and centralized money are a symbiotic pair" a phrase coined by JCarvingBlock from the GIM1 days (which I used to have in my footer) to the counter-productive impacts on economic structures via the supposed CB directives or mandates (the "dual mandate" being the one most commonly mentioned) because of the actions taken by the FED in supposed implementation of these directives or mandates.

I would imagine a page or two with appropriate quotes from past historians, leaders and economists (try the Austrian school of economics) going into more detail on the above summary would work to answer that question #1 and maybe a few of the others on your list.

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
I hope you have plenty of coffee....?

You need to read this book and you will have your answer.

If you need the down and dirty in the trenches data, read each chapter....

You can also choose to read the summary of each chapter and get the nuts and bolts of what you seek.

Don't forget to cite...

I'm sure this 'paper' wasn't just dumped in your lap on Friday... quit procrastinating!

http://www.sagaciousnewsnetwork.com...e-from-Jekyll-Island-by-G.-Edward-Griffin.pdf

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
PROCRASTINATION - The Mother of DESPERATION.

A private, central bank, making money off of citizens of a nation due to their politicians' lack of ability to properly manage the domestic affairs.
A private concern (central banks) doing the work that a nation's treasury and it's ETHICAL politicians are responsible for in their constitution.
If a nation's budget stays within it revenue stream a private bank is not needed.

Thanks for the replies, typing it out now. Trying to explain it like I'm talking to a 10-year-old. I had work and other bs to do with other college work and also macroeconomics extra credit homework. I'm confused on the last part. If the Fed buys bonds from wall street to give cash to the banks. How is money supply doubled by loaning out the 90% and keeping the 10% on reserves? Is it because the more multipler effect? How is inflation a backdoor tax btw?

What you guys think, did I get it right?

"The multiplier effect is what causes the money supply to quadruple in the economy and fed controls this by buying or selling, Treasury bills or bonds. The Fed buys a bond for one thousand dollars, then lends that money to the bank to all its main dispensary’s or partners. The bank deposits that thousand dollars and lends out to the general population, which is circulated to other banks through other depositors. If one of the banks customers, Tom deposits a thousand dollars from working at Tincher Auto, the bank is required to keep hundred dollars in reserves. Then it lends out the remaining nine hundred dollars to another customer, Jerry for a car. Then Jerry takes the loan and buys a car from a dealer, Tincher Auto. Then Tincher deposits that loan with the the same or different bank in town. Then that bank repeats the same thing over again, keeping set amount in reserves and loaning out the rest. The bank loans that money to someone who then spends that money increasing reserves and deposits in other , thus increasing the money supply. This vicious cycle quadruples that nine hundred dollars into several thousand dollars."

Joe King

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Is Inflation good or bad? if it's bad why is inflation bad or good?
Those in lots of debt love inflation because it makes it easier to pay yesterdays debts, tomorrow. Because the dollars used to discharge the debt are cheaper than the ones borrowed.
...and btw, the banks don't actually lend the dollars deposited. That 90% is new "money" that's created on the ledger via a signature on a Promissory Note. The deposit is what creates room on the balance sheet to allow the loan to be made. For every dollar on deposit, 90cents in loans may be made.

Also, one good thing about doing it this way is that it allows for far more economic activity than would otherwise be possible. If everyone had to wait to buy/build or do anything substantial until they had the cold hard cash in their pocket, not much would get done. Virtually everything you see being built or bought, is done with credit.

By tomorrow? Good luck...lol...
Really, because he'll need it. lol

Joe King

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Well, 33percenter, did you get er done?

BF
Havin' to write a long paper on all that, he prolly just got to sleep and might miss class. lol
This subject covers quite a lot and is hard to get everything right, especially in just one night.

FunnyMoney

Silver Member
Silver Miner
,,, one good thing about doing it this way is that it allows for far more economic activity than would otherwise be possible. If everyone had to wait to buy/build or do anything substantial until they had the cold hard cash in their pocket, not much would get done. Virtually everything you see being built or bought, is done with credit....
This part is not true. It is one of the myths that is used to keep the debate within the matrix.

There are many other ways production and growth can take place without the banks creating money to lend. Some of those other ways are also much better for the workers instead of being mostly good for the financiers and are more efficient over the duration. An open, fair and decentralized monetary environment would have allowed many of these to unfold and establish themselves as options. But today, we are a long way from any open, fair or decentralized monetary system.

nickndfl

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
You know if we went back onto the gold standard and got rid of the crooks in DC we wouldn't need the FED.
-nickndfl
That line should be in the final paragraph.

Joe King

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
This part is not true. It is one of the myths that is used to keep the debate within the matrix.
It actually does. When you figure up that multiple people can acquire funds to buy things that they otherwise could not afford, all because of someones deposit, it adds up to a lot. If everyone had to wait until they had cash in hand, a lot less stuff would in fact get done.

What other monetary system is specifically designed to allow those who are broke, to be able to continue buying things?

There are many other ways production and growth can take place without the banks creating money to lend. Some of those other ways are also much better for the workers instead of being mostly good for the financiers and are more efficient over the duration. An open, fair and decentralized monetary environment would have allowed many of these to unfold and establish themselves as options. But today, we are a long way from any open, fair or decentralized monetary system.
I agree. There are ways of doing things that would be better for the borrower, in the long run.
...but none of those allow for money to be spent that people do not have. If you have no money and I have none to lend you without physically risking my money, how you gonna buy anything? With the lending system we have, my money can be used to lend you money without me losing access to my money.

Also, financing everything allows for those things to be paid for in the future with cheaper dollars. Being able to pay later with devalued dollars gets you more stuff for less effort. It allows for more "play today, pay tomorrow" BS that so many like and enjoy. That's also why debtors fear deflation, because you then have to use more valuable dollars to pay for your stuff.
...and keep in mind that I'm right there with you when it comes to wanting the fed to end. I'm just pointing out that not e v e r y t h i n g is completely bad about it. It's main "selling point" is the fact it allows for those that can't afford to, to be able to continue spending. If you hadn't noticed, people tend to like being able to spend.

Also, if they held the power of money creation, do you really think Congress would not blow the lid off the economy within a few short years? With few exceptions, for the past 50 years (at least) Congress has been nothing but a bunch of spendthrifts. With no fed, that's who would control it. You really see those like Pelosi, Schumer or McCain as being fiscally prudent with the printing press? I don't.

newmisty

Duppy Conqueror
Midas Member
Site Supporter
It actually does. When you figure up that multiple people can acquire funds to buy things that they otherwise could not afford, all because of someones deposit, it adds up to a lot. If everyone had to wait until they had cash in hand, a lot less stuff would in fact get done.

What other monetary system is specifically designed to allow those who are broke, to be able to continue buying things?

I agree. There are ways of doing things that would be better for the borrower, in the long run.
...but none of those allow for money to be spent that people do not have. If you have no money and I have none to lend you without physically risking my money, how you gonna buy anything? With the lending system we have, my money can be used to lend you money without me losing access to my money.

Also, financing everything allows for those things to be paid for in the future with cheaper dollars. Being able to pay later with devalued dollars gets you more stuff for less effort. It allows for more "play today, pay tomorrow" BS that so many like and enjoy. That's also why debtors fear deflation, because you then have to use more valuable dollars to pay for your stuff.
...and keep in mind that I'm right there with you when it comes to wanting the fed to end. I'm just pointing out that not e v e r y t h i n g is completely bad about it. It's main "selling point" is the fact it allows for those that can't afford to, to be able to continue spending. If you hadn't noticed, people tend to like being able to spend.

Also, if they held the power of money creation, do you really think Congress would not blow the lid off the economy within a few short years? With few exceptions, for the past 50 years (at least) Congress has been nothing but a bunch of spendthrifts. With no fed, that's who would control it. You really see those like Pelosi, Schumer or McCain as being fiscally prudent with the printing press? I don't.
Makes sense because I bought my work truck on credit and used it to provide necessary services and create jobs for the locals which in turn betters the community and economy. Of course then I was able to buy more and better tools and get bigger jobs, hire more people and provide better service all on one monthly payment of $340.

michael59

heads up-butts down
Platinum Bling
Sr Site Supporter
I just love it, you all got punched with a conundrum which was based on a "Do you actually think they know anything?" Whom ever the one third is they are definitely not doing a paper on the fed. They are doing a paper on your responses. What a sy-op.

Think about it: "Oh my failing heart I did not see this coming!" Jump to the bait and you all jumped.

edited to add: there are no papers due at this time. holie ghee humping ghee hoser fats.

Last edited:

Joe King

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Makes sense because I bought my work truck on credit and used it to provide necessary services and create jobs for the locals which in turn betters the community and economy. Of course then I was able to buy more and better tools and get bigger jobs, hire more people and provide better service all on one monthly payment of $340.
Exactly. Had you not been able to get the loan, all that stuff you did would have been a lot harder.
...and the person whose deposit your loan was based upon, always had access to his funds.

Had it been the type of loan where someone physically lent you their money, it doesn't really help, because only one of you are able to spend the funds. With fractional reserve lending, you both are able to spend it.
...but at a price called interest and using property as collateral.

Again, I don't really like the fed system, but I can see why those that like spending money they don't have, do like it.
Edited to add:...and with a gov that's run by a bunch of spendthrifts, I can see why it likes it too.

EO 11110

He Hate Me
Mother Lode
I just love it, you all got punched with a conundrum which was based on a "Do you actually think they know anything?" Whom ever the one third is they are definitely not doing a paper on the fed. They are doing a paper on your responses. What a sy-op.

Think about it: "Oh my failing heart I did not see this coming!" Jump to the bait and you all jumped.

edited to add: there are no papers due at this time. holie ghee humping ghee hoser fats.
it asked for advice here too - then disappeared

http://www.goldismoney2.com/threads...ing-to-acquire-the-house.119123/#post-1099461

Thanks for that video, giving me a better understand how Central Bank is basically an on going ponzi scheme for the big banks. So pretty much we're f***ed. This is my solution, It was a total of 10 pages but I got her done. I wrote it till 2 am, then went to bed. Go up to take a macroeconomics test early in the morning. Then finished writing my essay sent it. Then went to work and came back home at midnight, what a enjoyable birthday lmao. Reading my textbook on macroeconomics, it covers the multipler effect creating more debt than money in circulation. I guess my solution was to go "In House" tell me what you guys think?

"The solution to this madness and avoiding a debt bubble that will indeed one day burst is ending the Fed. The Federal Government must first do a full audit of the Fed to get more answers to where all the money is going but finally put an end to the Federal Reserve system. Secondly, Congress needs to make an amendment declaring legal tender gold and silver to reserve our purchasing power and this pings the dollar back to Gold and Silver. Instead of having a private owned bank making profit off our national debt why not just cut them out? The next step to fix this is by issuing currency interest free like the ‘greenback’ system that was used by President Lincoln. The Federal Government should go “In House”, issuing our own currency that is interest-free, cutting out the banks entirely, making our monetary policy more transparent and hopefully one day saving us from an economic disaster. "

FunnyMoney

Silver Member
Silver Miner

...but none of those allow for money to be spent that people do not have. ....

You agree and then in the next statement you disagree. I'm not sure if I've ever seen a reply so confused. Maybe if you think outside the box, or outside the framed debate or outside the matrix you will see something that you didn't notice before. Maybe a trip over to the Austrian school of economics would help.

Once again, we can't even determine what we are debating about. So what's the point. One thing I know for sure, is that there are many ways to solve problems and arrive at goals besides those the elite money changers presented to you. They are not the only solution. There are many ways a totally poor person with ZERO funds can purchase things, honestly and legally, without taking loans out from a centralized fiat fractional reserve banking system.... MANY ways.

You got a great idea, but you have no backers or funds to turn the idea into reality? And you think there's only one way to turn that idea into reality. But you're wrong, you believe there is only one way because those who control your life and your mind have told you so.

Bottom Feeder

Hypophthalmichthys molitrix
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Say, unh, 33er, are you still in your twenties? You workin on a four year degree?
Just wonderin — I'm over 70.

BF

Joe King

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
You agree and then in the next statement you disagree. I'm not sure if I've ever seen a reply so confused.
No confusion here. All I was saying is that when the system is run by a bunch of spendthrifts, why would you be surprised when they create and run a system that allows them to be even bigger spendthrifts? Which is the reason we have a system that allows for those who are broke to continue being a spendthrift.

Yes, IMHO there are much better ways of doing things that would be better for individual People. I agree with you on that.
....but if that's not what most want, it's never gonna happen. It's the same reason that "health food" isn't just "the food". People just tend to like the junkier stuff it seems. So that's what we have most of.

I'm just explaining why it is the way it is and pointing out that there are a few good things about the fed system. If it was all bad, it would never have worked at all. Personally, I feel the bad outweighs the good.

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
Just got out of the Army, Airborne and I did 5 years. Just turned 30 :/ and still trying to get my degree in business.
Jumped out of a perfectly good airplane?? What!!

I did 2 years - drafted. The times were very different back then...

ttazzman

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Just got out of the Army, Airborne and I did 5 years. Just turned 30 :/ and still trying to get my degree in business.
fwiw.....two things to learn in business....sales......and accounting..........nothing else really matters in my opinion......

newmisty

Duppy Conqueror
Midas Member
Site Supporter

DodgebyDave

Metal Messiah
Midas Member
don't pay no mind to these old fools, listen to them and you'll end up standing in front of a mirror saying "awa tagu siam" over and over

Here is what you do. Apply for a federal research grant. Upon securing the grant hire a sexy girl assistant to write this shit for you!

The balance of the grant money goes is for strippers and vegas.

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
Our Tax Dollars at Work:

Here is what you do. Apply for a federal research grant. Upon securing the grant hire a sexy girl assistant to write this shit for you!

The balance of the grant money goes is for strippers and vegas.
Well I guess that is better than some Faceless , Nameless Bureaucrat justifying increasing his annual budget. Especially when his "department" two years ago was a "Collateral Duty" in another department, aka "Feed the Baby Parasites".

Bottom Feeder

Hypophthalmichthys molitrix
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
still trying to get my degree in business.
Good on ya, don't never mind those kibitzers there, you gotta plan and it looks like you're perusing it. And you're at the perfect age where you are able to listen to the elder's advice.

BF

newmisty

Duppy Conqueror
Midas Member
Site Supporter

DodgebyDave

Metal Messiah
Midas Member

EO 11110

He Hate Me
Mother Lode
suggest accounting or logistics (renamed supply chain mgmt). lots of generic bba's waiting tables