• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

I have been chosen for selective service?????

GOLD DUCK

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
QWAK,If you burn your draft card and your bra at the same time and have proof that you did :thumbs_up: then you get to go to the end of the line behind all the widows and children!:23_30_104:

It is in the fine print that no one ever reads!:cheerful::ban-cha::banana:

the DUCK :15_1_70v:

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
Everybody that is a potential draftee (in the event the draft ever comes back) gits one. Don't sweat it... just sign/forget the fargin thing.

Oh... if you don't sign it?

Go on Oprah. You can't lose.

Unca is right in his first two sentences. I don't know about the last three though.

Every male as they approach their 18th birthday is to sign up for "The Draft". BUT The job market is so bad for high schoolers graduating and do not intend to go to college that we currently have an All Volunteer Army / Military.
As an all volunteer military the armed forces can more easily reject or "weed out" social and criminal deviates.

As Unca SEZ " Don't sweat it... just sign/forget the fargin thing".

Dang, I did not know we had such young pups roaming this yard. (^_^)

GOLDBRIX

Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
The reason that I say it means nothing, so just sign the damn' card and put it inna mailbox is:

**IF** TSHTF hard enough to crank up the draft, all the "excluded" categories will be immediately changed by law anyway.

If they gotta draft you, son... they'll prolly git yer creaky Ole Unca Walt.

I try to keep meself fit:

Basic Black is a "slimming" color. :ThankYou:

noctis lucis caelum

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Reaction score
Unca is right in his first two sentences. I don't know about the last three though.

Every male as they approach their 18th birthday is to sign up for "The Draft". BUT The job market is so bad for high schoolers graduating and do not intend to go to college that we currently have an All Volunteer Army / Military.
As an all volunteer military the armed forces can more easily reject or "weed out" social and criminal deviates.

As Unca SEZ " Don't sweat it... just sign/forget the fargin thing".

Dang, I did not know we had such young pups roaming this yard. (^_^)

I turned 18 in 6 months ago I know the job market is bad and all but right now I'm in a dilemma on should I go to college to get a degree in whatever career is in the market (I plan ahead to see whats going to change in the future) or should I do a trade I only got 5 months left till I graduate.

GOLD DUCK

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
I turned 18 in 6 months ago I know the job market is bad and all but right now I'm in a dilemma on should I go to college to get a degree in whatever career is in the market (I plan ahead to see whats going to change in the future) or should I do a trade I only got 5 months left till I graduate.

QWAK,noctis lucis caelum,A trade skill learned is an investment in your future :yes: You can use it your self or sell it to others in barter.:2:

Most likely what is coming in the near future is change to a lower level of social consumption --- the more trade skills you learn the more likely there will be need for them in the near future.:2:

Pick your own future by looking forward with your mind and make a choice and make a commitment to "DO or DIE" ----- school councelers are like letting a bank teller at your local bank advise you about the TOTAL NET WORTH of your life!:ahhhhh:

You got to make your choice to FISH or CUT BAIT and the most important part of the equasion is an X factor --- can you imain your self doing it for the rest of your life and being happy?:hmmmm2:

the DUCK :15_1_70v:

GOLDBRIX

Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
The service is a damn good way to learn a trade, and sidesteps that draft registration problem too!

FOR SURE ! I got one brother who went through Navy Nuke School in the 70's. Now he's a private contractor teaching civilian college grads how to operate reactors.
My other brother became an aircraft mechanic with the help of the Navy and now is in middle management with one of the big airlines.

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Midas Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
I remember going to Fort Puke Lousyanna from Chicago, I was the only RA volunteer in my group traveling together. We lost two draftees in the airport in Texas, then we lost another one at the reception station at Puke. In my basic company I was the only recruit that was RA, everybody else was NG, ER, or US.

Just curious... what day, month, and year was that?

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Midas Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score

A trade is a marketable thing.

You learn something you can use in any country.

If you do go the military route, make sure you get it in writing. Have a lawyer read the contract BEFORE you sign, or if you know a family friend who has been in the service a long time, take them with you. They'll spot the BS from the recruiter and keep them on the straight and narrow.

I don't know how many times I heard from a VOLAR "but my recruiter said..."

A recruiter has quotas and they could care less about you once you sign. They'll tell you 'sure, we'll sign you up for the nuclear reactor job' and you'll never see it.

Once you reach the age of majority (you know what that is right? They taught you that in school right? No? I didn't think so. Ok, the age of majority is 18, not 21) you are legally held liable for contracts you sign. Sign one before 18 and they can't make you perform per the contract. It's voidable.

Anyway, pick something marketable: Firefighter? Welder? Bridge builder? Airplane mechanic Etc.

Don't be a 'wheeled vehicle mechanic' unless you want to regrease wheel bearings for a few years. Or change tires. If they can guarantee you'll be rebuilding engines, maybe.

Just learn a trade. It will get you through the time you are in. Unless you really like military life? Then you will have opportunities to go to college on their dime while you are enlisted! Don't think you'll do the same 'job' all your military life either. Things change and you'll change with them.

I was drafted in the ARMY. If I was to do it over, I would go Air Force. Why? Higher class of people. They all have college degrees. They don't let idiots fix multi-million dollar equipment. They fly where they go (for the most part). The food is WAY better! Education. Electronics. Satellites, Etc. JMO...

Midas Member
Midas Member
Reaction score

You forgot the third option, volunteer for one of the branches, Army, Navy, Marines, Air Force, Coast Guard...Learn something, then when you get out have them pay for your education. No better place than the Army than to learn life long lessons and skills. Colleges take any one, the military is getting selective and may not take you. Get out of your parents basement and do something. The biggest bunch of whiners AND ill informed individuals in society I have met over the years never served in the military. Man up and make a decision that will last an entire lifetime.

honu5050

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Reaction score
TPTB learned from Nam in the 60's ! they aint about to draft IMO. would be nice to have the 60's back.. love was dang neer free n' penicillin fixed bout anything :devil1:

DodgebyDave

Metal Messiah
Midas Member
Reaction score
Glad to have served, Proud to be out!

minimus

Banned
Reaction score
the Selective Service System IS the law(is this even Constitutional????), and can be enforced at gunpoint by the government. Nobody has to fill out the paperwork, but unless you're willing to pay an enormous fine and sit in jail, most people fill it out, knowing they will never be drafted anyhow.

The spirit animates the hand that signs the paper - your signature is the evidence of the will of the spirit.

Every demand made by government upon the people must be by their consent - your signature is your consent.

If you have reservations about signing any contract I suggest you make note of that with your signature and establish public record of the event.