• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

I saw this in France myself

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
There is a French soldier temporarily assigned to a US Infantry Battalion.

He says:

"US soldiers are in top physical shape compared to the French, and it appears much better in infantry tactics.

"Heavily built, fed at the earliest age with Gatorade, proteins, and creatine- they are all heads and shoulders taller than us and their muscles remind us of Rambo. Our frames are amusingly skinny to them - we are wimps, even the strongest of us - and because of that they often mistake us [the French] for Afghans."

Herself and Your Humble Obdn't &tc were in Paris, and out to Corbeil-Essonnes amongst other places in France about forty years ago. I was pretty fit, weighing in about 220lbs. As we walked around the joint, I was astonished at how teeny-tiny the French were.

TINS. We were there for two weeks, and I asked Herself to point out ANY Frenchman at all anywhere... that I could not smash into rubble with little effort. In two weeks, neither of us found even ONE Frenchman who could come anywhere close. Not one.

Most Frenchmen are about 110-130 pounds. Again, TINS. And if you wanted to see something pathetically funny, take a look at a 110-pound Froggy "imitating" an American cowboy: Wearing cowboy boots (size 7) with taps on the heels and toes, and a fey Roy Rogers shirt.

Liddoo bitty people.

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
http://www.averageheight.co/average-male-height-by-country

Netherlands is the tallest at 6'.05 average.

My son lives in a fantasy land at 6'6" 240 - he rarely looks up at people.
Yeah, we noticed that when we were in Europe last time. Fun thing happened --

We got offa the plane in Amsterdam, and since we could always travel with overhead luggage, just walked away. Saw a couple of obvious cops -- they were monsters -- so I walked up to them and said,

"Howdy, can you tell me where Customs is?"

Both of these 300-lb linebackers absolutely giggled. One of them said (in basso profundo pronouncement),

"HOWW--DEE." He grinned some more at the novelty, and added, "You haf already through it gone." Apparently, Customs entry into Holland from the Airplane Patch is rather casual; we never saw it.

We found we LOVED Holland. They treated us like rock stars... even shut down part of the Rijksmuseum for us.

hernancortes

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
In the 90's our deployed infantry battalion (US) shared a dining facility with a French army battalion. I didn't notice they were any shorter or skinnier than us.

<SLV>

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
We found we LOVED Holland. They treated us like rock stars... even shut down part of the Rijksmuseum for us.
Agree. Amsterdam is an amazing place. The Dutch are proud to show off their ability to talk English - very friendly. As a nation of merchants they speak many languages. Holland is clean and beautiful with brick farms houses and cute bridges over canals everywhere. I took the train to Germany, and as soon as you crossed the border you started seeing graffiti on the buildings and fences as well as litter on the streets. And don't expect a German to talk to you in English. (My Dutch colleague said that the Dutch speak better English because they watch American television in English but the Germans have the English dubbed over.)

When I was at the Rijksmueum I couldn't see a thing. It took an house standing in line (in the rain) outside just to get into the building, then all of the Dutch were so tall it was almost impossible to see the most popular pieces. (I'm 5' 10".)

Merlin

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
What I noticed in London and Paris was how incredibly fit they all appeared to be. Not a fatty to be found anywhere. When we got off our cruise ship in Ft. Lauderdale, I immediately knew I was home. Everywhere I looked there were folks who had to be 30-50 pounds overweight. And more :(

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
<SLV> --- We were over there to do research on my novel, The Cadet -- The Adventures of a New World Pioneer in the 17th Century when they found out who we were, they actually shut down part of the Rijksmuseum and got me dressed up in 17th Century Amsterdam militia clobber.

They did this because they actually had the wheellock musket my 11-times grandfather had as an A-dam militiaman. It is depicted in Rembrandt's "Night Watch" (there is a guy blowing into the pan of the musket right behind the dude in yellow).

So that is me on the cover:

<SLV>

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
What I noticed in London and Paris was how incredibly fit they all appeared to be. Not a fatty to be found anywhere. When we got off our cruise ship in Ft. Lauderdale, I immediately knew I was home. Everywhere I looked there were folks who had to be 30-50 pounds overweight. And more :(
Agreed. There I was standing in Schiphol airport and I realized I was the fattest person in the room -- a very very large room.

Not to derail this thread, but un-(honestly)-regulated capitalism in the USA has seriously harmed the health of its citizens.

Silver

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Last time I was in Schiphol airport (late 90's) 'everyone' was drinking Heineken and there was a haze of cigarette smoke in the waiting areas - I hear it is no smoking now.

My daughter lives in Copenhagen and food is very expensive, even groceries have a 25% vat tax. Cars and fuel are also very expensive, people do a lot of walking - expensive food and lots of walking makes for a trim population.

Silver

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Agreed. There I was standing in Schiphol airport and I realized I was the fattest person in the room -- a very very large room.

Not to derail this thread, but un-(honestly)-regulated capitalism in the USA has seriously harmed the health of its citizens.
Fascism (marriage of corporate and government power) are responsible for the health crisis in this country. FDA (and every other agency) approves whatever big business demands and shuts down threats to their monopolies.

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
We Americans may not be able to locate our own country on a map, but we can sure grow some big ass people!

<SLV>

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
We Americans may not be able to locate our own country on a map, but we can sure grow some big ass people!
I am fully convinced that the obesity epidemic is something that has been thrust unwittingly on the American populace by corporate greed. I personally think it has been initiated by the impact of antibiotics on digestion combined with the fuel of HFCS and processed foods (preservatives). I have been trying to claw my way back to health after 30+ years of eating commercially processed food (it was how I was raised) and more than a dozen bouts with prescription antibiotics. My gut is so messed up, and I am still 45 pounds overweight (was 90 pounds overweight ten years ago). If I am able to heal my gut and balance my biome I believe the weight will take care of itself. Don't preach at me about dieting and calorie restriction -- I have watched people eat twice as much as me and sit at a desk job while I've been doing hard manual labor. They were trim and I was fat. I don't even think it can be blamed on "genetics". They used to say "You are what you eat" but that isn't true -- "You are what you ABSORB." What the body can't digest it stores in fat.

I have awakened to the cause of obesity and am trying to reverse it for me. It brings me great sadness to watch my parents and sister continue to gain weight and struggle with Type 2 diabetes and constant mal-digestion. I wish I could help them, but everyone has to wake up for themselves. (God will judge the greedy corporate food executives along with the greedy tobacco executives.)

Son of Gloin

Certainty of death? What are we waiting for?
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
I am fully convinced that the obesity epidemic is something that has been thrust unwittingly on the American populace by corporate greed. I personally think it has been initiated by the impact of antibiotics on digestion combined with the fuel of HFCS and processed foods (preservatives). I have been trying to claw my way back to health after 30+ years of eating commercially processed food (it was how I was raised) and more than a dozen bouts with prescription antibiotics. My gut is so messed up, and I am still 45 pounds overweight (was 90 pounds overweight ten years ago). If I am able to heal my gut and balance my biome I believe the weight will take care of itself. Don't preach at me about dieting and calorie restriction -- I have watched people eat twice as much as me and sit at a desk job while I've been doing hard manual labor. They were trim and I was fat. I don't even think it can be blamed on "genetics". They used to say "You are what you eat" but that isn't true -- "You are what you ABSORB." What the body can't digest it stores in fat.

I have awakened to the cause of obesity and am trying to reverse it for me. It brings me great sadness to watch my parents and sister continue to gain weight and struggle with Type 2 diabetes and constant mal-digestion. I wish I could help them, but everyone has to wake up for themselves. (God will judge the greedy corporate food executives along with the greedy tobacco executives.)
I apologize to Walt, in advance, for doing a mini-hijack on his thread, but I wanted to tell you there is hope for your situation. I’m in a similar condition as you. My problems started when my pediatrician put me on a course of penicillin and left me on it for over four years! My gut was about destroyed. I basically took myself off it when I was about nine, but the damage was done and I’ve had many health issues all my life because of it.

Getting to the remedy. Simply this, if you don’t know it already. A 90% meat and egg diet, by volume, with the remainder in cruciferous vegetables, a very small amount of berries and tree nuts, butter and heavy cream. No sugar! No grains! No bread and pasta! No fast food, junk food or processed food! If you use any alcohol, make it only a shot or two of bourbon, vodka or gin, etc and try to limit your meals to once or twice a day, with less than an eight hour eating window. Of course, coffee and tea are cool, as long as you’re careful what you put in them.

I’m doing the above and making progress. My weight is down, my blood sugar and blood pressure are down, my gut is working better, my inflammation is somewhat better. PM me, if you need to know more. My apologies, if you already knew this.

Sorry Walt, for the interruption.

Last edited:

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
<SLV>, If you could ask "SIS" to just try dropping half of her Carb. intake, drink water over soda ( if so get her some nascent iodine ( liquid) one drop for a gallon of water helps the pituitary ) or at least lower her caffeine in take. My bet she'd see some changes for the better within 10 days to two weeks.
If she is physically able walk a mile after supper, in the cool of the evening. It helps me.
Best Wishes,

Son of Gloin

Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter

I apologize to Walt, in advance, for doing a mini-hijack on his thread, but I wanted to tell you there is hope for your situation. I’m in a similar condition as you. My problems started when my pediatrician put me on a course of penicillin and left me on it for over four years! My gut was about destroyed. I basically took myself off it when I was about nine, but the damage was done and I’ve had many health issues all my life because of it.

Getting to the remedy. Simply this, if you don’t know it already. A 90% meat and egg diet, by volume, with the remainder in cruciferous vegetables, a very small amount of berries and tree nuts, butter and heavy cream. No sugar! No grains! No bread and pasta! No fast food, junk food or processed food! If you use any alcohol, make it only a shot or two of bourbon, vodka or gin, etc and try to limit your meals to once or twice a day, with less than an eight hour eating window. Of course, coffee and tea are cool, as long as you’re careful what you put in them.

I’m doing the above and making progress. My weight is down, my blood sugar and blood pressure are down, my gut is working better, my inflammation is somewhat better. PM me, if you need to know more. My apologies, if you already knew this.

Sorry Walt, for the interruption.
OK, now that I look, I see we have gone over this in another thread.

GOLDBRIX

Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
"Oy Vey"

Fatrat

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
Golden Corral or WalMart, we got the biggest people...

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Golden Corral or WalMart, we got the biggest people...
OMG, I was given a coupon for free buffet at the Golden Corral and took a friend. I don't think I've ever seen such gluttons in my life! That was my first and last trip there.

Son of Gloin

Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
OMG, I was given a coupon for free buffet at the Golden Corral and took a friend. I don't think I've ever seen such gluttons in my life! That was my first and last trip there.
I lived in Columbus when I was about twenty and there was a place there called Duff’s Smorgasbord. They would come and put out the beef and chicken and all the good stuff at the beginning of this big semi-circular self serve area. All the big people would crowd up at the meat area and literally pile up all the beef and baked chicken and you couldn’t get past them to get any food. They were like professional wrestler aggressive. By the time they were done, the meat was gone. If you tried to wait for the next round, another pile of heavy weights would gang up there and muscle you out of getting any good food. It was horrifying! I used to lift weights when I was a kid and was fairly well conditioned and strong, but I was scared. Them people were deadly serious about their food.

GOLDBRIX

Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
I lived in Columbus when I was about twenty and there was a place there called Duff’s Smorgasbord. They would come and put out the beef and chicken and all the good stuff at the beginning of this big semi-circular self serve area. All the big people would crowd up at the meat area and literally pile up all the beef and baked chicken and you couldn’t get past them to get any food. They were like professional wrestler aggressive. By the time they were done, the meat was gone. If you tried to wait for the next round, another pile of heavy weights would gang up there and muscle you out of getting any good food. It was horrifying! I used to lift weights when I was a kid and was fairly well conditioned and strong, but I was scared. Them people were deadly serious about their food.
We had a DUFF's in Springfield, Ohio about the same time too. My grandfather loved to go to DUFF's. He liked the catfish night.
You are correct SoG the only people under two bills was the 5-6 yr. old kids.
People would line up waiting for the next meat / chicken pans to come out.
Thanks for the memory.

Son of Gloin

Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
We had a DUFF's in Springfield, Ohio about the same time too. My grandfather loved to go to DUFF's. He liked the catfish night.
You are correct SoG the only people under two bills was the 5-6 yr. old kids.
People would line up waiting for the next meat / chicken pans to come out.
Thanks for the memory.
Duff’s must have been some kind of franchise. The food was pretty decent, when you could get some.

kiffertom

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Seeker
There is a French soldier temporarily assigned to a US Infantry Battalion.

He says:

"US soldiers are in top physical shape compared to the French, and it appears much better in infantry tactics.

"Heavily built, fed at the earliest age with Gatorade, proteins, and creatine- they are all heads and shoulders taller than us and their muscles remind us of Rambo. Our frames are amusingly skinny to them - we are wimps, even the strongest of us - and because of that they often mistake us [the French] for Afghans."

Herself and Your Humble Obdn't &tc were in Paris, and out to Corbeil-Essonnes amongst other places in France about forty years ago. I was pretty fit, weighing in about 220lbs. As we walked around the joint, I was astonished at how teeny-tiny the French were.

TINS. We were there for two weeks, and I asked Herself to point out ANY Frenchman at all anywhere... that I could not smash into rubble with little effort. In two weeks, neither of us found even ONE Frenchman who could come anywhere close. Not one.

Most Frenchmen are about 110-130 pounds. Again, TINS. And if you wanted to see something pathetically funny, take a look at a 110-pound Froggy "imitating" an American cowboy: Wearing cowboy boots (size 7) with taps on the heels and toes, and a fey Roy Rogers shirt.

Liddoo bitty people.
a history teacher told us that napoleon drafted all the tall big people. they were slaughtered in battle. a big part of their genetics were wiped out. no big people to reproduce. were aint been slaughtered yet.

Joe King

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
In America, a larger percentage of the population can afford to be fat. Or obese or whatever the current politically corrrct word for it is.
My daughter lives in Copenhagen and food is very expensive, even groceries have a 25% vat tax. Cars and fuel are also very expensive, people do a lot of walking - expensive food and lots of walking makes for a trim population.
Stuff was already expensive, then they made it even more expensive with stupid taxes like that.

I guess one way of preventing hand to mouth disease is to make food so expensive that the average can't afford much of it.
Carbon taxes, if people are ever stupid enough to fall for them, will do the same thing for your car and your home.

If overweight, simply consuming less than you have been while also moving more, will go a long way towards fixing the problem.

drink water over soda (
Something as simple as that can do wonders. At about 150 calories per 12oz can, it doesn't take many of them per day to start building up them love handles.

Last edited: