• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

I used some totally free money

hammerhead

Morphing
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Actually... I'm not the one who gives a shit.

I just think these new toys are really kinda fun. Look at it from about 80 years perspective... Horses delivered milk. My father's Ford car was started with a crank, and the seats were stuffed with Spanish moss.

In the period following the war, cars became sort of easier starting, easier stopping than Dad's Ford had been -- but not really any basic difference from the Model T concept. You steered, you backed up, you drove.

If it broke, you "wrenched".

And to my astonishment, in just the period of time since I purchased my last Camry LE, cars have undergone a true quantum leap.

Just thought of a spot-on analogy:

Awright, I am an IFR pilot for single engine, Land. So I can fly a Spam Can. Or a Piper Warrior. (Ford/Chevy)

This new Camry LE is not an upgraded Cessna 152.

It is a Martin-Lockheed F-35 Lightning II. <-- A fair comparison.

This happened since my last new car of the same name. Sorta like my new model Cessna 152 now is supersonic, stealthy, automated-out-the-wazoo, far better mileage, better ride, and 5-star rating in all that safety stuff.

It is super kewl for an old guy who, as a kid, cluck-clucked horses to be driving an F-35 Lightning II -- especially if it is paid for.
How fast have you got it up to? Does it handle corners good at 80 mph?

Casey Jones

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Well, this one is styled sorta like an F-35. And I do not have to give a toss ever if something on the car takes a piss. For the next seven years, if any part of the car has a problem, repair is free. And for two years, even if I am the one that dinged it, if the ding is under five inches across... they'll fix it. Free.

Yeah, long ago...maybe six years ago...I read an article, trying to explain why Toyota was suddenly going Funny-Face. Seems the obamastandards on fuel usage, are so close to impossible...EVERY bit of wind resistance that can be removed, is.

That means wind tunnels and computer design. The best shape is a banana with the ends pointing down; and so that's what has been decreed for cars. ALL cars. SUVs have different standards, but they, too, are getting pinched. That's why the flat-windshield Toyota FJ went away.

But, Toyota wanted to re-assert itself in the market, and the stylists needed to do something.

Which led to these contorted grilles on so many Toyota models, now.

engineear

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Yeah, epa#'s are too strict, that's why Trump is trying to roll back mpg to something attainable and of course commiefornia is against it. Also why you'll see more electrics, to get to cafe #'s...like the F-150 hybrid.

I can tolerate your grill...the Lexus models look like 1880's cow catchers off a train...hideous..imho.

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
How fast have you got it up to? Does it handle corners good at 80 mph?
(*snickersnork*) My Scottish Witch uses the backup camera so she won't take out the lamppost again... so she travels @1/10th mph down my driveway with frequent stops. I've had it up to 45 mph so far... (forward)

DodgebyDave

Metal Messiah
Midas Member

the_shootist

Trump 2020
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++