• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

III wave of gold/silver

HistoryStudent

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Jessie Livermore:
"Hold Tight."

The market is very fickle and the BEAR wants too take everybody out of it before the BULL gives him both horns up the GAZOO. Patience and physical with a little help from the Bank of International Settlements B.I.S. Will reward those that have the fortitude.

Then:
Well done good and faithful servant...

engineear

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
Jessie Livermore:
"Hold Tight."

The market is very fickle and the BEAR wants too take everybody out of it before the BULL gives him both horns up the GAZOO. Patience and physical with a little help from the Bank of International Settlements B.I.S. Will reward those that have the fortitude.

Then:
Well done good and faithful servant...
An always calming voice in a violent, swirling storm.

d-lod

dawn
Silver Miner
The type of correction is yet to unfold. If we consider first wave upto 850 (hunts) in 1980, than it took 20 years to complete it. The next wave begun from 254 to 1911 almost twice of 1 st wave, it could be twelve years from 1911

d-lod

dawn
Silver Miner
An always calming voice in a violent, swirling storm.
It's more a case of availability of alternative investment. As per Kondratieff cycle (60 years) when everything else is already in depression zone the natural resources cycle begin, called winter zone.

Bottom Feeder

Hypophthalmichthys molitrix
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
siver could be a smarter bet, its just the premium that kills the profit
Ain't that (still) the truth.
This time want to experiment with unpredictable SILVER more than gold.
With all due respect, sir, what happened to this plan?
I, for one, happen to be in love with that old dog silver, and was once, for a month last year, even above water on it.
So do you have time for that old dog?
Just askin
BF

d-lod

dawn
Silver Miner

I, for one, happen to be in love with that old dog silver, and was once, for a month last year, even above water on it.
Just askin
BF
yes I am infested with that bug heavily, because of its usage to availability ratio. It is follower of gold delayed by two years in previous upspring, and as history repeat, interest in gold take precedence.

Bottom Feeder

Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Most of my early years I spent collectin Engelhards. And that was back when they were called generic silver. I generally followed the price of silver up and down, usually purchasing along the bottom (I was nicknamed bottom feeder in one LCS) Mostly stayed away from SAEs, Maples, and the such. So in 2015 or so when the englehards started pushing up the premium I switched to J&Ms. Then eventually back to silver is silver and started buying buyin up cheap, ugly old 'poured' bars. Then those damned things became popular to the 'collectors'.

So, like I said previously, I was above water for a month or two last year, but that's not counting anything any collectors prices (E-BAIT), just spot prices. And the reason I went that far under was because of a purchase of (somethin I wasn't familiar with) two monster boxes of SAE's when Ag was at $28.00 or so.

So, short history, dL, thanks for the reply.
Bottom Feeder

d-lod

dawn
Silver Miner
Most of my early years I spent collectin Engelhards. And that was back when they were called generic silver. I generally followed the price of silver up and down, usually purchasing along the bottom (I was nicknamed bottom feeder in one LCS) Mostly stayed away from SAEs, Maples, and the such. So in 2015 or so when the englehards started pushing up the premium I switched to J&Ms. Then eventually back to silver is silver and started buying buyin up cheap, ugly old 'poured' bars. Then those damned things became popular to the 'collectors'.

So, like I said previously, I was above water for a month or two last year, but that's not counting anything any collectors prices (E-BAIT), just spot prices. And the reason I went that far under was because of a purchase of (somethin I wasn't familiar with) two monster boxes of SAE's when Ag was at $28.00 or so.

So, short history, dL, thanks for the reply.
Bottom Feeder
Silver in actuality has not yet started its journey,

"Primarily because of the Hunt brothers' accumulation of the precious metal, prices of silver futures contracts and silver bullion rose from $11 an ounce in September 1979 to $50 an ounce in January 1980. Silver prices ultimately collapsed to below $11 an ounce two months later."

While

"2011 Silver Price Record High over $49.50 oz USD on April 28, 2011".

.50 CENTS SHORT OF EARLIER TOP.

through this we can say that its run to 49.50 cents could be corrective wave.

Gold rose from 254 - 1912$, a run of more than twice the length of gold previous rise of year 1980.

HistoryStudent

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Cycles can last a lifetime and more.

This everything Bubble was cracked when perhaps the first financial paper busted in 2008. That was over the mistaken idea that real property always goes up and the paper derrivatives crashed bigtime.

Obama added 10 trillion in debt doubling the total debt. That will be the 100 pound sledge hammer into the Everything Bubble which is now ready to pop because supposedly interest rates should not go down. The everything Bubble makes assets way overvalued save the physical P.M.'s which are the best insurance.

d-lod

dawn
Silver Miner
Cycles can last a lifetime and more.

This everything Bubble was cracked when perhaps the first financial paper busted in 2008. That was over the mistaken idea that real property always goes up and the paper derrivatives crashed bigtime.

Obama added 10 trillion in debt doubling the total debt. That will be the 100 pound sledge hammer into the Everything Bubble which is now ready to pop because supposedly interest rates should not go down. The everything Bubble makes assets way overvalued save the physical P.M.'s which are the best insurance.

reasons.....reasons......... they are causative factors of shrinked or prolonged cycles. eventually players do get tired of same game.

d-lod

dawn
Silver Miner
http://www.goldismoney2.com/threads/iii-wave-of-gold-silver.108287/

Gold has failed to gain traction over the past couple months, normally a seasonally-strong time. That has really weighed on sentiment, leaving traders increasingly bearish. Gold investment demand has flagged dramatically with lofty stock markets spewing great euphoria. That’s given gold-futures speculators the run of the market, where they have sold aggressively including extreme shorting. But that’s actually very bullish.

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Spot prices are certainly down but premiums are right up there! Not too many bargains out there these days!

d-lod

dawn
Silver Miner

Just askin
BF
Just still heavily invested in silver

Bottom Feeder

Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Wheeeee!!! $14.75 — another buying opportunity on it's way.
Hang in there a couple more weeks and it will good to buy.

BF

d-lod

dawn
Silver Miner
Weekly closing above 1334 is the first good sign in months.

so much needed that breather

Need help guys

If you can give me link to Toronto Housing chart, would appreciate, need to buy house, as sold condo. Thanks

Last edited:

d-lod

dawn
Silver Miner
In a hand written. technical analysis book, a rule was mentioned that if the price open higher that previous closing, goes south and again closes back higher than previous close..................its sure sign of reversal.

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
In a hand written. technical analysis book, a rule was mentioned that if the price open higher that previous closing, goes south and again closes back higher than previous close..................its sure sign of reversal.
Very profound observation professor!!

HistoryStudent

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Gold Finally broke out last night to $1386. That broke the all important $1360 ish resistance. We are probably on the way back to at least $1920.

Hold Tight Dear Friends.

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Gold Finally broke out last night to $1386. That broke the all important $1360 ish resistance. We are probably on the way back to at least $1920.

Hold Tight Dear Friends.
Buy Mortimer buy!!!! Believe it or not there are still deals out there if you invest the time to search them out

engineear

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter

Hold Tight Dear Friends.
Always liked his outlook...sometimes it took a while but he's been correct too many times. Thanks HS! Post more, would ya?

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Question...

When gold prices soared through the roof last time what were the premiums like? Would selling gold at 'melt' be as good a deal as we've become accustomed of it being?

FunnyMoney

Silver Member
Silver Miner
When silver hit 49.50 you could sell it for 51.50 to at times even a couple of dollars higher … upon request

Last edited:

Zed

Intergalactic Chart Arse
Midas Member
Site Supporter
When gold prices soared through the roof last time what were the premiums like? Would selling gold at 'melt' be as good a deal as we've become accustomed of it being?
I believe that in the 70's spike it all went for melt and premiums for coins fell away. Everybody wants the gold, not the collectible. The market is mostly bullion buyers, not coin guys. So, if that is what you mean, I think that premiums will be paired back all round UNLESS we have a true shortage and the market is trading below a natural clearing price as it can when futures are a part of the equation. Then there will be a premuim for physical anything. IMO.

JMO.

DYODD etc.

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
I believe that in the 70's spike it all went for melt and premiums for coins fell away. Everybody wants the gold, not the collectible. The market is mostly bullion buyers, not coin guys. So, if that is what you mean, I think that premiums will be paired back all round UNLESS we have a true shortage and the market is trading below a natural clearing price as it can when futures are a part of the equation. Then there will be a premuim for physical anything. IMO.

JMO.

DYODD etc.
I only think in terms of bullion, not collectability. I'm more of a bottom line guy when building my financial strategy. What's the bottom line value for what I'm purchasing and how stable is that value in troubled times?

BTW, I predict a metals beatdown today to bring those numbers back in line with TPTB

Last edited:

savvydon

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
BTW, I predict a metals beatdown today to bring those numbers back in line with TPTB
Beatdown attempt in progress this morning. Silver getting hammered while gold is still holding up. Tells you TPTB are trying to use their leverage through silver (taking GSR up toward 92!), while the gold market holds resolutely, a reflection of the true state of world economic and political affairs.

bemac

Midas Member
Midas Member

JMO.

DYODD etc.
I'm sure you don't mean "all," as in my 1771 Ducaton would only fetch its silver value. :D

Certainly though, numi's and bullion are different markets, and the time to sell one likely isn't the time to sell both.