• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

III wave of gold/silver

savvydon

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
I'm sure you don't mean "all," as in my 1771 Ducaton would only fetch its silver value. :D

Certainly though, numi's and bullion are different markets, and the time to sell one likely isn't the time to sell both.
I think there is a quasi collector Numismatic market that folds into pure bullion when the metals run. There include modern 'rarities' such as Eagles, etc... On the other hand, as you point out, the vintage rare coin market is pretty well divorced from bullion. People won't sell a BU 1893-S Morgan dollar for melt even if silver goes to $1000/oz.

bemac

Midas Member
Midas Member
Yes, you're right. Might be a good idea to have coins that are purely bullion or purely numismatic, and not say, for example, Kookaburras or any "premium" bullion.

Zed

Intergalactic Chart Arse
Midas Member
Site Supporter
I'm sure you don't mean "all," as in my 1771 Ducaton would only fetch its silver value. :D

Certainly though, numi's and bullion are different markets, and the time to sell one likely isn't the time to sell both.

No but the premium would fall as a percentage. I guess it depends how insane it gets but yes, generally speaking for most common collectables. Rare stuff will still be rare.

savvydon

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
rarest has highest premium
Yes, but a rising tide lifts all boats. The modern market in silver, gold, and platinum often consists of 'key' dates within particular series that fetch premiums over other more common members of a series. As the price of PMs rises these premiums become trivial, as melt price rises above what used to be the price of a premium coin.

I used to collect proof platinum eagles and there were some 'key' dates that were more expensive because the mintage was low. When the price of platinum ran up toward $2200 I sold them all, mostly based on melt values. I can already see this phenomenon taking place with the way dealers are selling precious metal coins this week. They are lumping together more coins and eliminating premiums based on what they can get for the coin at 'melt'. Many years of slogging through sideways price action has them eager to offload at a higher price based less on rarity and more on spot price.

bemac

Midas Member
Midas Member
Personally, I enjoy the diversification. If I need some cash, I can just sell whatever is hotter.

Zed

Intergalactic Chart Arse
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Yes, you're right. Might be a good idea to have coins that are purely bullion or purely numismatic, and not say, for example, Kookaburras or any "premium" bullion.
Yes, go to the extremes and avoid the middle. Rare as rocking horse doo, doo or garden variety rounds. JMO.

Zed

Intergalactic Chart Arse
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Personally, I enjoy the diversification. If I need some cash, I can just sell whatever is hotter.
Rare has been exempt from bullion grabbing laws in the past so there is that.

HistoryStudent

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
I will let you follow my special GURU. He is cheap at $11.95 a month daily hold your hands and hell of an
investment GURU for playing this NEW BREAKOUT... Enjoy...

https://www.tfmetalsreport.com/podcast/9506/tfmr-podcast-friday-june-21

HE DOES ALL THE SPROTT BROADCASTS...

WE FINALLY BROKE A SIX YEAR CHANNEL YESTERDAY.
WE BROKE $1399 TOP AND CLOSED ABOVE THAT.

THIS IS GOING TO BE rally big this time...

I expect a big top around $5000.00 ish then a 25% fallback; then a really BIG RUN from $3,500 ish to maybe more than 10 TIMES THAT...

Have fun... this is getting exciting --- HS is back on board now for this run...

d-lod

dawn
Silver Miner
I will let you follow my special GURU. He is cheap at $11.95 a month daily hold your hands and hell of an
investment GURU for playing this NEW BREAKOUT... Enjoy...

https://www.tfmetalsreport.com/podcast/9506/tfmr-podcast-friday-june-21

HE DOES ALL THE SPROTT BROADCASTS...

WE FINALLY BROKE A SIX YEAR CHANNEL YESTERDAY.
WE BROKE $1399 TOP AND CLOSED ABOVE THAT.

THIS IS GOING TO BE rally big this time...

I expect a big top around $5000.00 ish then a 25% fallback; then a really BIG RUN from $3,500 ish to maybe more than 10 TIMES THAT...

Have fun... this is getting exciting --- HS is back on board now for this run...

Yes we did broke channel, but how many times, we were excited about each and every break-out?
Lets be prudent

1 wait for confirmation of monday closing.
2 observe three consecutive higher closing

look at history.

Strawboss

Home Improvement Sales Trainee...
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Gold DSI in the 90's...

What could go wrong?

Advice to any newbies' that might be lurking...

Buy when everyone else is selling....
Sell when everyone else is buying...

Just sayin'