• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Illinois Businessman sentenced to 3 years-Employing/Harboring Illegals

hoarder

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Well......
SPRINGFIELD, Ill. (WCIA) -- A Champaign business owner was sentenced to three years in prison for visa fraud and for harboring and employing illegal aliens.

BigJim#1-8

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter ++
Whenever ice goes into a place the owner should be arrested every time for employing illegals.. Enforce the laws that are on the books and the illegals take care of themselves. No work they just go home. No need for a wall.
I agree except I still want a wall.

Usury

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
I’ll play devils advocate here. What if the employee used a fake ID? What if the employee appears to be legal but it’s hard to be certain because the gov regulations are intentionally very ambiguous. What if the employee tries to do the right thing by asking all the right questions and demanding documentation but is then sued/fined for discrimination? <—this actually happened to an employer that I recall reading about last year. If there’s too much risk hiring off the street and too much risk asking questions then how many owners will just say “fuck it” and close down shop?

One of the very few Constitutional purposes of fed government is to protect the boarder. They need to do that damn job and stay out of everything else.

Rusty Shackelford

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
The fine should be $50k per illegal employee and 1 month prison time per illegal employee.....employers will do the own due diligence at that point....In this case the guy is looking at $5million fine and 9 years in the big house.

Rusty Shackelford

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
I’ll play devils advocate here. What if the employee used a fake ID? What if the employee appears to be legal but it’s hard to be certain because the gov regulations are intentionally very ambiguous. What if the employee tries to do the right thing by asking all the right questions and demanding documentation but is then sued/fined for discrimination? <—this actually happened to an employer that I recall reading about last year. If there’s too much risk hiring off the street and too much risk asking questions then how many owners will just say “fuck it” and close down shop?

One of the very few Constitutional purposes of fed government is to protect the boarder. They need to do that damn job and stay out of everything else.

What if??? If you have 10 applicants and one is sketchy with their status that means you can pick one of the remaining 9.

hoarder

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
No work they just go home.
Why go home? They can get on EBT and every other handout available and if none are available they can join gangs and smuggle and steal. There's a lot more money here. Nothing in Mexico to go home to.

historyrepete

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Whenever ice goes into a place the owner should be arrested every time for employing illegals.. Enforce the laws that are on the books and the illegals take care of themselves. No work they just go home. No need for a wall.
Exactly. But the lily livered republicans have been duped into repeating the ''comprehensive immigration reform' mantra
Libs always steal wordd and language i.e. reproductive freedom means murdering one's own baby. That's not a founding fathers idea of freedom.

Buck

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Why argue where the line should be?
Wouldn't it be wiser to argue 'Where's the Line?'

:alien3::alien3::summer:

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
It used to be a death knell for any politician hiring illegals.

Tom Tancredo was a congress critter who lost because of 'allegations' that a company he hired to do remodeling hired illegals.

Now if you don't hire them they consider you a racist. Such is the change in society...

Strawboss

America...Love it...or GTFO
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Every new employee in this country is required to complete an I9 and the employer is required by law to verify documents to ensure citizenship status. Passport, birth cert., DL, SS card... Employer required to keep properly completed and SIGNED I9s on file.

The law couldn't be more clear on this point.

Now - whether the documents are legit or not...that's another matter. Its not the employers job to verify the authenticity of said documents...

IF the gov actually implemented and ENFORCED compliance with e-Verify...our illegal immigration problem would self correct in a matter of weeks/months...

Rusty Shackelford

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Every new employee in this country is required to complete an I9 and the employer is required by law to verify documents to ensure citizenship status. Passport, birth cert., DL, SS card... Employer required to keep properly completed and SIGNED I9s on file.

The law couldn't be more clear on this point.

Now - whether the documents are legit or not...that's another matter. Its not the employers job to verify the authenticity of said documents...

IF the gov actually implemented and ENFORCED compliance with e-Verify...our illegal immigration problem would self correct in a matter of weeks/months...
In on sentence you state that a employer is required to verify documents to ensure citizenship...then say the employer is not require to verify authenticity...sounds like a cop out to me...verifying the documents includes knowing if they are fake or not.

Joe King

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
verifying the documents includes knowing if they are fake or not.
If they look real and all the numbers work that they give you, how exactly is one supposed to further verify? If the person is in fact legal and you question it further on the assumption they might be illegal, you could then be accused of discrimination and sued.

EO 11110

Posting from Epstein Island
Site Supporter
Mother Lode
selective enforcement. wonder why this one was selected?

"The charges were investigated by the U.S. Department of State Diplomatic Security Service, the U.S. Department of Labor Office of the Inspector General and U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement Homeland Securit Investigations. "