• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

I'm all for masks

Weatherman

In GIM since 2006
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Coronavirus: 'I'm all for masks,' says Trump
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-53258792

I do not understand the hostility to masks that is repeated in GIM. Masks are inconvenient to wear, and they do not prevent the person wearing a mask from catching the virus, but there is much more to the mask story than just that. The primary mode of C19 spread is droplets emitted when an infected person coughs, or sneezes, or talks, or breathes. Any cloth covering over the nose and mouth of infected people will reduce the number of droplets that they emit, and that will reduce the probability that nearby people will become infected. Anyone who has ventured out of their cave and come within a few meters of anyone else is potentially infected even though they have no symptoms yet, so anyone could be a source of spreading the infection. People who wear masks will emit fewer droplets (because the masks will absorb some droplets), so there is less risk of becoming infected when within shouting distance of someone who is wearing a mask.

I would like all businesses to reopen, but to also post signs saying either that masks are required in that business, or that masks are optional there. Then everyone would be free to choose whether to be safer by shopping in a business that requires masks, or to be at increased risk by going to a place where masks are optional. Being that I am a certifiable old geezer who is at greater risk if I catch C19, I would happily choose to shop in places where masks are required.

engineear

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Masks don't help...burn all masks. Too many articles from doctors saying they don't help, virus gets through it, you're breathing Co2 and less oxygen...Keep calm and burn the masks...sheesh already.
Wearing a mask while driving alone in your car=stooopid!

IF, when rioting and destroying, one needs not wear a mask...only to hide ones identity....that is all.

end of line

Varmint Hunter

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter ++
If masks are effective in stopping the beer virus, then only people who fear getting it should wear them.
Those who don't fear should not be required to wear them.

Casey Jones

Silver Member
Silver Miner
The masks, like the stupid Xs painted on the floor of Wally World and Safeway...these are all just thought-control devices and tests of obedience and tolerance levels.

There were PERFECTLY OBVIOUS ways to let at-risk persons deal with this. Such as mandated excused absences from work for those in risk groups. Such as PRACTICAL advice on self-quarantining and ways to protect, personally.

Had not the Karens all started buying up masks, there would have been plenty of N99 masks for the true at-risk persons.

But, VOLUNTARY isolation...would have addressed the problem.

Instead of Billy The Gates' problem - which is, how to redesign humanity and human society to correlate to his own neurotic needs...

Casey Jones

Silver Member
Silver Miner
If masks work so well, why are they releasing inmates?
You're not supposed to ask questions like that.

Here...smoke some more pot. It's MEDICINE, dontcha know...it'll cure Beer Virus...

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
The trouble with mandating masks, aside from the obvious fact that they're harmful to humans long term, is that they're just another excuse for one human to worry about another's business. You tell me to wear a mask to protect you, then how is that different than me telling you to put down the bag of chips and the soda, get your fat ass off the couch and onto a treadmill? Certainly obesity is a much greater threat to Amerikans' health than any stupid virus du jour, but that requires people to actually, ya know, examine their own behaviors and choices. Something to be carefully avoided.

Casey Jones

Silver Member
Silver Miner
The trouble with mandating masks, aside from the obvious fact that they're harmful to humans long term, is that they're just another excuse for one human to worry about another's business. You tell me to wear a mask to protect you, then how is that different than me telling you to put down the bag of chips and the soda, get your fat ass off the couch and onto a treadmill? Certainly obesity is a much greater threat to Amerikans' health than any stupid virus du jour, but that requires people to actually, ya know, examine their own behaviors and choices. Something to be carefully avoided.
That's exactly my point.

What it is, is to teach us to be totally compliant with ridiculous mandates ordered by "authority."

keef

Пальто Crude
Midas Member
You can settle for that crappy 15% senior discount or wear your damn mask and get a 100% discount.

Get with the program u old dinasours,:weed::weed: its a FREE CONCERT. :robber:

keef

Пальто Crude
Midas Member

Irons

Deep Sixed
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
GIM Hall Of Fame
The masks, like the stupid Xs painted on the floor of Wally World and Safeway...these are all just thought-control devices and tests of obedience and tolerance levels.
I've seen way too many Roadrunner cartoons to fall for that one! Yeah, right, stand on the X.

snapoutofit.gif

keef

Пальто Crude
Midas Member
sorry haystack. I was just joking. I once worked my ass off at hard honest labor. Just don't see much worth working for in the land of Covd 19 and don't want to grow old bitter. I rather be young, have a good job and live a good life. Those days are gone. no disprespect, just the facts bro

Casey Jones

Silver Member
Silver Miner
I only eat that stuff.
I've gone 'round with others on this subject, over the years.

Bottom line: If you want to use pot, use pot. What you do is your affair, IMO.

But I'm ENRAGED when the lying Elites start pushing their Soma onto the ignorami, in a false hope - and to get them more malleable and docile, so they can continue with their program of looting, wrecking deconstructing and handing over the nation to their heroes in the International Left.

EO 11110

CENSORSHIP KILLS
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
mask pushers use same failed logic as vaccine pushers --- i have to get vaccinated to protect you (even though you have every vaccine known to man)

if the vaccine/mask works then you dont need me to do anything. pushing that angle is admitting the crap doesnt work

buy a real mask, a respirator, and stfu

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Coronavirus: 'I'm all for masks,' says Trump
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-53258792

I do not understand the hostility to masks that is repeated in GIM. Masks are inconvenient to wear, and they do not prevent the person wearing a mask from catching the virus, but there is much more to the mask story than just that. The primary mode of C19 spread is droplets emitted when an infected person coughs, or sneezes, or talks, or breathes. Any cloth covering over the nose and mouth of infected people will reduce the number of droplets that they emit, and that will reduce the probability that nearby people will become infected. Anyone who has ventured out of their cave and come within a few meters of anyone else is potentially infected even though they have no symptoms yet, so anyone could be a source of spreading the infection. People who wear masks will emit fewer droplets (because the masks will absorb some droplets), so there is less risk of becoming infected when within shouting distance of someone who is wearing a mask.

I would like all businesses to reopen, but to also post signs saying either that masks are required in that business, or that masks are optional there. Then everyone would be free to choose whether to be safer by shopping in a business that requires masks, or to be at increased risk by going to a place where masks are optional. Being that I am a certifiable old geezer who is at greater risk if I catch C19, I would happily choose to shop in places where masks are required.
Wearers of masks risk inhaling a lot of their own resperations. When one breaths not only CO2 is exhaled. Bacteria and waste from the bloodstream and lungs is pushed out too.
I'll pass on a mask until I'm diagnosed with WuFlu.

Irons

Deep Sixed
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
GIM Hall Of Fame
Well let's not be too hasty here! I have noticed many, many people look better wearing masks.
Just sayin'................

Buck

Village Idiot
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
that's just not right...

no one can see the bunion on your big toe...

:tongue:

Silvestor

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter ++
Will the non-mask wearers make a pledge to not seek medical attention if they are infected by this coronavirus?

Casey Jones

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Will the non-mask wearers make a pledge to not seek medical attention if they are infected by this coronavirus?
Why would they do that?

What evidence is there that a piece of printed cloth, prevents anything other than the wearer from getting fresh air?

Irons

Deep Sixed
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
GIM Hall Of Fame
Why would they do that?

What evidence is there that a piece of printed cloth, prevents anything other than the wearer from getting fresh air?
Wearing anything less than a M95 mask to stop a virus is equivalent to putting up chicken wire to keep out mosquito's.

Silvestor

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter ++
A cloth mask is a two way filter; it filters air coming in and going out. It doesn't capture all respiratory droplets or particles, but I does capture enough to reduce likelihood of person to person transmission.

Casey Jones

Silver Member
Silver Miner
It filters nothing, except perhaps some of the larger dust particles.

Viruses are microscopic in size. Even industrial N95 masks don't catch all viruses; and those are engineered to filter out abrasive dust.

Silvestor

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter ++
It filters nothing, except perhaps some of the larger dust particles.

Viruses are microscopic in size. Even industrial N95 masks don't catch all viruses; and those are engineered to filter out abrasive dust.
It captures respiratory droplets (with virus) that are larger than holes in the mask.

Casey Jones

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Captures them, where?

We've got a hundred years of the science of working in dangerous atmospheric conditions. We have N95 and N99 masks, tested, graded, and decades of observation.

We've treated virual illnesses (Spanish Flu, for one) for a century. We know how to help them, also.

One thing NOT recommended, EVER, is a plain piece of cloth. If you're working with dead bodies, a cloth mask - with cologne or gasoline on it - will mitigate the stench. It will not protect from infectious disease.

I don't know how we got to this. All of a sudden, the Snowflakes and the Elites who're pulling the strings, are going to rewrite BASIC MEDICAL SCIENCE. I'm not buying it, goddamit!!...and I'm getting SICK of being Gaslghted!

EO 11110

CENSORSHIP KILLS
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
A cloth mask is a two way filter; it filters air coming in and going out. It doesn't capture all respiratory droplets or particles, but I does capture enough to reduce likelihood of person to person transmission.
why the focus on the paper masks and not real respirators (they actually work)

it's retarded (and corrupt)

name brand half mask respirators sell for twenty something dollars all day long

Last edited:

hammerhead

Morphing
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
I stood behind a guy at the pharmacy yesterday that was wearing a mask. In less than a minutes time he had touched the item he was buying, picked up his credit card off the floor because he dropped it, put the card back into his wallet after using it and also used the key pad for the card machine. He had a mask on so he's safe.

Silvestor

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter ++
I stood behind a guy at the pharmacy yesterday that was wearing a mask. In less than a minutes time he had touched the item he was buying, picked up his credit card off the floor because he dropped it, put the card back into his wallet after using it and also used the key pad for the card machine. He had a mask on so he's safe.
Obviously his procedure is flawed, but it doesn't mean wearing a mask is also flawed.

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Masks are a barrier to respiratory drops that contain virus. This test show bacteria not virus.

View attachment 171318
How very convenient. You are, of course aware that viruses are a fraction of the size of even the smallest bacteria...correct? I mean if your argument is that people should use kleenex or their hand to cover their damn face when they sneeze in public...then sure I'm with you. We used to simply call that good manners. However, if you're saying that sticking a bandana or kleenex over your face is going to protect anyone else from contracting Mexican beer virus, then to that I say simply...produce the science please.

Would you like to see the science on how wearing a mask long term affects humans? We're not intended to be wearing cloth over our faces for long periods of time.

Silvestor

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter ++
https://www.nature.com/articles/s41591-020-0843-2#Sec3

Respiratory virus shedding in exhaled breath and efficacy of face masks

Abstract
We identified seasonal human coronaviruses, influenza viruses and rhinoviruses in exhaled breath and coughs of children and adults with acute respiratory illness. Surgical face masks significantly reduced detection of influenza virus RNA in respiratory droplets and coronavirus RNA in aerosols, with a trend toward reduced detection of coronavirus RNA in respiratory droplets. Our results indicate that surgical face masks could prevent transmission of human coronaviruses and influenza viruses from symptomatic individuals.

Casey Jones

Silver Member
Silver Miner
It's amazing how ass-backwards, Night-Is-Day, Upside-Down, the Left has turned...BASIC SCIENCE into!

Medicines which have been commonplace and universally used for 70 years - hydroxychloroquine - suddenly are a Healf Risk and BANNED, because Orange Man DARED cite a preliminary study which showed they were useful with Beer Virus.

MEANTIME...something that has NO scientific data behind it, a stupid piece of printed cloth...suddenly becomes talismanic in its ability to ward off contagious viruses, the properties of which we don't even understand yet.

And these sub-idiots call US, "Science Deniers."

Silvestor

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter ++
How very convenient. You are, of course aware that viruses are a fraction of the size of even the smallest bacteria...correct? I mean if your argument is that people should use kleenex or their hand to cover their damn face when they sneeze in public...then sure. However if you're saying sticking a bandana or kleenex over your face is going to protect anyone from contracting Mexican beer virus, then to that I say simply...produce the science please.
Virus are contained in the same large respiratory droplets as the bacteria.