• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

I'm all for masks

Voodoo

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
ICUs are typically 85%-90% full all the time. They don't make them bigger than that because the hospital needs to run at a profit. If additional ICU beds are required, hospitals can usually convert other space into temporary ICU although they will typically redirect to other hospitals first.
Someone did a study of the Texas hospitals in this "second wave". Yes the ICU's were at about that rate but only about 15% of the patients were there with the Rona.

keef

Пальто Crude
Midas Member
Its a controlled virus. Covers the fact that we are entering hyperinflation money creation.

I live near an International Airport and I have seen one jet in the air in the last three months. That's next to dead.

viking

Silver Member
Silver Miner
So get this.

This morning, I stopped to fill up with fuel on the way to an install. There were about six others refuelling, none of us wearing masks. This rotund, fetid paper mask wearing land whale emerged from the shop/checkout and proceeded to walk towards me; I thought the car to the right of mine was hers and paid her no heed. However the car wasn't hers, she picked me of all people to rip into for not wearing a mask.

Her: Why aren't you wearing a mask???
Me: Where is your brain?
Her: How dare you say that to me!!!

At this point I decided to unleash with both barrels.

Me (after letting a killer fart rip and wafting it up to her nose): Did your mask protect you from that?
Her: Yes it (sounds of revulsion) OMG what the fuck???
Me: Seeing as you think you have a brain, explain to me how you think that mask will protect you seeing as it lets farts through...

The colour from her face drained away so quickly when the realisation hit...
Kristen Mae
May 13, 2020, 12:00 AM CDT
More and more lately, people in this country seem to think that everything is all or nothing, black-and-white, this side or that side. We seem unable to discuss any subject with any level of nuance — we back into our respective corners and hiss and gnash our teeth at the enemy. This holds especially true when it comes to discussing the coronavirus pandemic.

Take the mask debate. Many have taken the stance that, unless it’s an N95 respirator (so named because they filter out 95% of air particles), there’s no point in wearing any mask at all. Some seem to think that even an N95 mask is pointless.

Because, get this — you can smell farts through a mask.

*cries for humanity*

A Twitter thread recently addressed how absolutely moronic this “logic” is.

Trevor A. Makal, associate professor of chemistry at University of Virginia at Wise, cleared up why masks block viruses even though they don’t block fart smells.

“Let’s consider the size of the molecules that make up the stink smell in farts,” he says in his thread. “We’ll focus on one particular example, as the others are similarly sized (when compared to the size of a virus). Methanthiol (CH3SH), like a number of thiol (-SH) containing molecules, smells! … It smells like incredibly intense garlic; though many would just say it smells putrid. If you want everyone to hate you, walk through a hallway carrying an open container of thiol compounds.”

Got it. Tiny, stinky fart molecules.

“Well, CH3SH is a rather small molecule with a diameter around 4*10^-10 m (0.4 nm, about 1.6*10^-8 inches),” Makal continues. “By comparison, viruses typically range in diameter from about 20 nm up to about 400 nm (J. Biol. Phys., 2013, 39(2), 215), with COVID-19 being around 60-140 nm (Cell. Mol. Immun., 2020). The difference in sizes of the COVID-19 virus and a common odorant in farts is 2-3 orders of magnitude (100–1000 times the diameter of the smaller methanethiol).”

The COVID-19 virus is one hundred to one thousand times bigger than a fart molecule.

:2 thumbs up:

the_shootist

Old Pasty White Guy
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
So get this.

This morning, I stopped to fill up with fuel on the way to an install. There were about six others refuelling, none of us wearing masks. This rotund, fetid paper mask wearing land whale emerged from the shop/checkout and proceeded to walk towards me; I thought the car to the right of mine was hers and paid her no heed. However the car wasn't hers, she picked me of all people to rip into for not wearing a mask.

Her: Why aren't you wearing a mask???
Me: Where is your brain?
Her: How dare you say that to me!!!

At this point I decided to unleash with both barrels.

Me (after letting a killer fart rip and wafting it up to her nose): Did your mask protect you from that?
Her: Yes it (sounds of revulsion) OMG what the fuck???
Me: Seeing as you think you have a brain, explain to me how you think that mask will protect you seeing as it lets farts through...

The colour from her face drained away so quickly when the realisation hit...
I'd like to buy you a beer my friend!

Buck

Village Idiot
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
The COVID-19 virus is one hundred to one thousand times bigger than a fart molecule.

what is the gap size in the thread that's woven into cloth in your average bandanna???

Buck

Village Idiot
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
what's the gap size on an ill fitting mask?

Voodoo

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Quick someone post the effectiveness of a mask... All you are doing is slowing the spread, at best. Slowing means you are still going to get it but it may take a little longer to show up in your household.

Usury

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Quick someone post the effectiveness of a mask... All you are doing is slowing the spread, at best. Slowing means you are still going to get it but it may take a little longer to show up in your household.
exactly...and a good case can be made that the sooner we get through this the better

Buck

Village Idiot
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
i heard yesterday, someone said we should wear masks indoors as this is where we are the closest to one another...

Good Idea!

All those who want masks can have them, foollowing the leader, go ahead, do it...wear your masks indoors

i'll bet you won't, no courage, not enough to continue further down this road of insanity...

come back Brothers / Sisters! Step Away From The Edge!

chris_is_here

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Liquor Stores, they've become my number one store...for me

I could be butt naked and most would sell me what I wanted...
Roger that, Buck.....the last place you're going to run into the Karens is in the booze mart.
I've got a pretty good track record, only got thrown out of one store so far, and it was a small bait-and-tackle shop, go figure. I've gone into Bass Pro stores and they leave me alone.

the_shootist

Old Pasty White Guy
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
1594256490401.png

RebelYell

Seeker
Seeker
Someone did a study of the Texas hospitals in this "second wave". Yes the ICU's were at about that rate but only about 15% of the patients were there with the Rona.
Exactly - that's the point. The ICUs are full because that's normal. And they're full of patients with all the normal conditions + a relative handful of covid patients. And the death rate for pnemonia/flu/covid like causes is now below where it has been since January and about to fall below the level of deaths that qualifies as a pandemic (which I believe is 5% of all deaths).

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
And the media remains silent.

Bigjon

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
Kristen Mae
May 13, 2020, 12:00 AM CDT
More and more lately, people in this country seem to think that everything is all or nothing, black-and-white, this side or that side. We seem unable to discuss any subject with any level of nuance — we back into our respective corners and hiss and gnash our teeth at the enemy. This holds especially true when it comes to discussing the coronavirus pandemic.

Take the mask debate. Many have taken the stance that, unless it’s an N95 respirator (so named because they filter out 95% of air particles), there’s no point in wearing any mask at all. Some seem to think that even an N95 mask is pointless.

Because, get this — you can smell farts through a mask.

*cries for humanity*

A Twitter thread recently addressed how absolutely moronic this “logic” is.

Trevor A. Makal, associate professor of chemistry at University of Virginia at Wise, cleared up why masks block viruses even though they don’t block fart smells.

“Let’s consider the size of the molecules that make up the stink smell in farts,” he says in his thread. “We’ll focus on one particular example, as the others are similarly sized (when compared to the size of a virus). Methanthiol (CH3SH), like a number of thiol (-SH) containing molecules, smells! … It smells like incredibly intense garlic; though many would just say it smells putrid. If you want everyone to hate you, walk through a hallway carrying an open container of thiol compounds.”

Got it. Tiny, stinky fart molecules.

“Well, CH3SH is a rather small molecule with a diameter around 4*10^-10 m (0.4 nm, about 1.6*10^-8 inches),” Makal continues. “By comparison, viruses typically range in diameter from about 20 nm up to about 400 nm (J. Biol. Phys., 2013, 39(2), 215), with COVID-19 being around 60-140 nm (Cell. Mol. Immun., 2020). The difference in sizes of the COVID-19 virus and a common odorant in farts is 2-3 orders of magnitude (100–1000 times the diameter of the smaller methanethiol).”

I think the above article is fake news at best.

https://www.kevinpcorbett.com/coronahysteria/index.html

Copyright © All Rights Reserved

mtnman

Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter
Platinum Bling
Wearing anything less than a M95 mask to stop a virus is equivalent to putting up chicken wire to keep out mosquito's.

Examine a N95 mask. It only filters what come in. Out going breath has absolutely no filter.
1594310395050.png

Last edited:

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
In addition to masks to protect other people from the droplets the potentially infected mask wearer emits, add goggles or safety glasses to protect yourself from those droplets.
...or just place yourself in a giant condom, move to a cabin in the mountains, and avoid people entirely. Surely that won't lead to depression...soaring suicide rates, even more obesity, economic collapse, famine, poverty, etc. Hey, at least you'll be safe from the virus that has already killed a whopping 0.007242559916% of the humans on Earth.

Buck

Village Idiot
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
well, you could 'keep 'em busy' for a while and have them build their own cabin...then they would just starve to death that much faster

it would be the humane thing to do..help 'em keep their minds off the virus for a while

ABC123

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
Numerous Texas Sheriffs Vow To Not Enforce 'Draconian' Mask Rule

Sheriffs in nine Texas counties will not enforce the state’s new mask mandate amid a resurgence of coronavirus cases.

Texas Gov. Greg Abbott, a Republican, last week ordered masks to be worn in public buildings and outdoor spaces where physical distancing is not possible, The Texas Tribune reported.

The mask mandate applies to all counties with more than 20 active cases of the coronavirus, but exempts those under the age of 10, those who are eating and those who are exercising.

Fox News reported under the mandate, officers can cite people up to $250 for not wearing a mask if they are repeatedly found to be in violation of the order.

Sheriffs in at least nine counties, however, have announced they will not enforce the mask rule, CBS News reported.

One complaint from some of the sheriffs is that the rule is unenforceable, as it uses ambiguous language about detaining those who do not wear masks in public.

Per the CBS report, a number of the sheriffs feel that merely stopping a person for not wearing a mask is, by definition, a detention.

Law enforcement officers in Denton, Houston, Montgomery, Gillespie, Upshur, Kerr, Gregg, Nacogdoches and Panola counties will disregard the order.

Denton County Sheriff Tracy Murphree explained his position on the mask mandate in a post on Facebook.

“A week ago they were carrying signs that said F the police, and demanding police be defunded. They were ignoring the Denton curfew order and blocked city streets. Now those same people are mad at me for refusing to enforce the mask mandate issued by the Governor,” Murphree said.

“Their hypocrisy is mind blowing.”

“This is an executive order not a law. Only the legislature can make law. So the accusations that I’m refusing to enforce the law are not true,” the sheriff added.

“The order is not a law, there is no requirement that any police officer enforce it, and it’s unenforceable,” Murphree wrote. “We can’t spend our time running from place to place for calls about mask we can really do nothing about.”

Houston Police Officers’ Union President Joe Gamaldi posted about the mask mandate on Twitter, describing it as “draconian.”

http://www.cuzzblue.com/2020/07/numerous-texas-sheriffs-vow-to-not.html
1594343055349.png
1594343079254.png

ABC123

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
Top UK Scientist Equates ‘Antisocial’ Refusal to Wear a Mask to Drink Driving

Head of the Royal Society Venki Ramakrishnan said it was time to normalise mask-wearing and treat those who do not as social pariahs who risk lives as much as drink drivers.

“It used to be quite normal to have quite a few drinks and drive home, and it also used to be normal to drive without seatbelts,” Prof Ramakrishnan.

“Today both of those would be considered antisocial, and not wearing face coverings in public should be regarded in the same way,” he added, in comments reported by The Times.

Ramakrishnan made the remarks as the Royal Society released a study showing that Britons are some of the most reluctant in the world to wear face coverings.

Britons have already tolerated more than three months of lockdown, the majority of the time being told to remain in their homes and subject to overzealous enforcement of the lockdown by police.

The government has already made it illegal to take public transport in England without wearing a mask or face covering, with those refusing risking a fine of £100.

However, the health minister has confirmed that he is considering further mask laws on Britons, forcing them to cover their face in shops and supermarkets, as well.

Having Sex With Someone You Don’t Already Live With Now Illegal In Britain Under Coronavirus Laws https://t.co/opIvpxFJXx

— Breitbart London (@BreitbartLondon) June 2, 2020

On Tuesday, Labour MP for Sheffield South East, Clive Betts, asked Matt Hancock: “Would he look at some scheme for issuing a pass or a badge to those who have an exemption from wearing a face mask on public transport so those who aren’t exempt can be required to wear them?

“And secondly, will he look again at the lack of any advice about wearing face masks in supermarkets and other shops?

“Because surely it is just as easy to catch the virus in a supermarket queue as it is on the bus.”

The health secretary replied: “Yes, and yes.”

Labour’s mayor Sadiq Khan has already called on Prime Minister Boris Johnson to force people to wear masks in shops, supermarkets, and other public places.

Police Hunt Man Dressing as ‘Plague Doctor’ as Lockdown Fines Soar https://t.co/MJcQgBQllS

— Breitbart London (@BreitbartLondon) April 30, 2020

https://www.breitbart.com/europe/2020/07/09/top-uk-scientist-equates-antisocial-refusal-wear-mask-drink-driving/

Buck

Village Idiot
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
it's surprising how they view 'social responsibility' with everything We do, but never with the guilt they pass back onto us...hoping we won't see them stealing from us...

shame no one finds these slugs guilty of anything...only us

hammerhead

Morphing
Midas Member
Midas Supporter

Buck

Village Idiot
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
isn't this a symbol?

1594347996652.png

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
"HEAR YE, HEAR YE ,His Royal Hind-Ass, Gov. of Kentucky - Beshear" (PELOSI PROG) issued a royal edict that effective at 5pm Friday evening all subjects living or found within the border of his kingdom must wear a mask when outside of their domicile.

Yet restaurants will be allowed to operate at 50% capacity. WTF!!!

MrLucky

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Silver Miner
Site Supporter ++
i heard yesterday, someone said we should wear masks indoors as this is where we are the closest to one another...
Already doing that. At work we all have masks on. Mandatory company policy. Don't want to wear a mask? There's the door, go work somewhere else. Not everything has a choice.

keef

Пальто Crude
Midas Member
Its all about slavery and you guys are being 'socially scored' at this very moment. I'm not worried because my social credit score (-360) has already listed me in their NSA files as 'expendable'.

But some of you guys with a lot more to loose better don those masks and bow to the master while ya still can. This isnt a drill; as its social compliance time or off to the gulags u go. Once MADD accuses you of being the equivalent of a drunk driver the least you will get is community service.

This whole thing is a prep for when the dollar dies. Everything u do is watched and recorded (Edward Snowden: 'Permanent Record') You should really read it before you think this is just another .gov foble.

spinalcracker

On a mail train.
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Its all about slavery and you guys are being 'socially scored' at this very moment. I'm not worried because my social credit score (-360) has already listed me in their NSA files as 'expendable'.

But some of you guys with a lot more to loose better don those masks and bow to the master while ya still can. This isnt a drill; as its social compliance time or off to the gulags u go. Once MADD accuses you of being the equivalent of a drunk driver the least you will get is community service.

This whole thing is a prep for when the dollar dies. Everything u do is watched and recorded (Edward Snowden: 'Permanent Record') You should really read it before you think this is just another .gov foble.

while all that may be true , what about history?

people were mandated to wear masks in the past and just like all fads ( fads , remember those?) , they come and then they go

this to shall pass

57588185-AB80-466C-83A0-F9DE096EF693.jpeg
0226E4E2-9AD8-4638-9F32-C049F99D84EB.jpeg
143311E3-8ABD-4796-AB4A-96A2510F62CD.jpeg

spinalcracker

On a mail train.
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Already doing that. At work we all have masks on. Mandatory company policy. Don't want to wear a mask? There's the door, go work somewhere else. Not everything has a choice.
exactly.....my son works in the aviation industry in Kansas and all the big companies require masks at work or go find another job

passive government control

Vaccinations are next

then we get chipped because money will disappear and in order to buy or sale one must be chipped

please let me off of this rock

keef

Пальто Crude
Midas Member
In the past we weren't facing the collapse of a fiat economy. I don't want to rain on anyone's hopium. but you know (I think you know) that these are the end times and we are facing a one world .gov and a one world dictator. Before that it is world war and a lot of other things.

It seems like the slow motion you feel when your car leaves the road out of control but hasn't hit anything yet.
Its all seems to be moving in super slow motion; but actually very rapidly now.

Its not the world economic crash that concerns me yet, its just we haven't seen real war in the world for some 75 years

Bigjon

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
I look at the Mennonite colonies all around me and think the rest of us should take a page out of their book. We don't need the stinkers from mpls to tell us how to live, we have always done just fine without them.

keef

Пальто Crude
Midas Member
Then what are doing on the NET? besides being socially scored?

mpls has over half the population of MN. and a FED reserve bank. they will keep the fiat flowing here and do while u pick turnips with ur new freinds.