• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

I'm done with all the gloom & doom

TAEZZAR

LADY JUSTICE ISNT BLIND, SHES JUST AFRAID TO WATCH
Midas Member
Eagle
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Ok, phuck it all. No mo gloom & doom, I am go'n tuna fishing on my old boat, Fri & Sat. We will go about 40/50 miles out of Charleston/Coos Bay. If you don't hear from me by Sunday evening, the boat sank & I'm shark shit !!!:fishing::shit happens::rotf::rotf::rotf:

albie...gif
ALBIE FISHERMAN.gif

viking

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score

Goldhedge

Retired
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Pictures or it never happened...

dozer99

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score
Good luck and have fun. I'm taking the family up in the mountains to cool off and do some high Mountain lake fishing as well this weekend.

BarnacleBob

Exoriare aliquis nostris ex ossibus ultor
Founding Member
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Ok, phuck it all. No mo gloom & doom, I am go'n tuna fishing on my old boat, Fri & Sat. We will go about 40/50 miles out of Charleston/Coos Bay. If you don't hear from me by Sunday evening, the boat sank & I'm shark shit !!!:fishing::shit happens::rotf::rotf::rotf:

View attachment 269096............................................................................View attachment 269097

You do realize that fishing is nothing more than a jerk at each end of the line dont you? LOL

Have a great time my friend!

the_shootist

Checked out! Good luck!
Eagle
Mother Lode
Reaction score

View attachment 269096............................................................................View attachment 269097
Enjoy my friend

Avalon

The most courageous act is to think for yourself
Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score

Have fun!! I have seen the past pics. Tuna heaven!!!

TAEZZAR

Midas Member
Eagle
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Thanks to all, yes, I will take photo's, if we catch anything !!!:2 thumbs up::2 thumbs up::2 thumbs up::finished:

coopersmith

for fuck sake..........
Silver Miner
Reaction score
Take pics even if you dont catch anything. Im sitting in the middle of the great desert man, havent seen the ocean in yrs.

Avalon

Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Thanks to all, yes, I will take photo's, if we catch anything !!!:2 thumbs up::2 thumbs up::2 thumbs up::finished:
Taez, I went deep sea fishing once. I had this big fantasy fishing trip in my head. I went out there and was sick as a dog. I spent the entire time in the bottom of the boat thinking I was going to die. My dad was a sailor and a fisherman. His entire family fished. I'm sure he was embarrassed as he watched down from above.

Last edited:

MrLucky

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score
If you don't take your favorite pm's out for an airing, the boat will not sink.

TAEZZAR

Midas Member
Eagle
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Taez, I went deep sea fishing once. I had this big fantasy fishing trip in head. I went out there and was sick as a dog. I spent the entire time in the bottom of the boat thinking I was going to die. My dad was a sailor and a fisherman. His entire family fished. I'm sure he was embarrassed as he watched down from above.
That was also me, growing up. I enjoyed being on the ocean so much that I tried everything from Dramamine to copper bracelets.
I now use Scopace .4 mg. it requires a prescription & fill it in a compounding pharmacy. It is great !!!
I tell people that sea sick is a combination of the worst flu & worst hangover you ever had, COMBINED!!! :sick:sick

Avalon

Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
That was also me, growing up. I enjoyed being on the ocean so much that I tried everything from Dramamine to copper bracelets.
I now use Scopace .4 mg. it requires a prescription & fill it in a compounding pharmacy. It is great !!!
I tell people that sea sick is a combination of the worst flu & worst hangover you ever had, COMBINED!!! :sick:sick
I had to look that drug up. You do realize you can't use it if you are breast feeding. :rotf:

BarnacleBob

Exoriare aliquis nostris ex ossibus ultor
Founding Member
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score

I had a 30' Century center center console with twin Yamahas... would take clients & friends deep sea fishing. They always started out great, about 45 minutes later they are staring at the transom and begin moving closer to it as the motion sickness begins... about that time I would steer the bow across the swells, open a beer and with sandwich in hand offer my passengers a beer & sandwich... most times one look & thought of the beer & sandwich they would begin heaving breakfast over the gunnels... it was to darned funny, damn land lubbers.

stAGgering

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score

Puzzy.

But tight line to ya.

TAEZZAR

Midas Member
Eagle
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score

TAEZZAR

Midas Member
Eagle
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
I had a 30' Century center center console with twin Yamahas... would take clients & friends deep sea fishing. They always started out great, about 45 minutes later they are staring at the transom and begin moving closer to it as the motion sickness begins... about that time I would steer the bow across the swells, open a beer and with sandwich in hand offer my passengers a beer & sandwich... most times one look & thought of the beer & sandwich they would begin heaving breakfast over the gunnels... it was to darned funny, damn land lubbers.
You wouldn't think so, if you were the one that got sick !!! :Grrr::fishing:

TAEZZAR

Midas Member
Eagle
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Take pics even if you dont catch anything. Im sitting in the middle of the great desert man, havent seen the ocean in yrs.
Here ya go coop, I took this at 30ish miles out, at 25 knots, on auto pilot, as I stepped behind the helm.
porpose.JPG

Last edited:

hammerhead

Morphing
Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++
Reaction score

Leave them sharks be now, ya hear?

specsaregood

Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Taez, I went deep sea fishing once. I had this big fantasy fishing trip in my head. I went out there and was sick as a dog. I spent the entire time in the bottom of the boat thinking I was going to die. My dad was a sailor and a fisherman. His entire family fished. I'm sure he was embarrassed as he watched down from above.
Wifes dad was a fisherman. She was conceived on his boat. yet, she gets seasick the minute she steps on a boat.

didnt stop her from working as a dive master for years, scopace worked for her.

whereas i grew up a thousand miles from an ocean and dont think i would get seasick even in a hurricane. Life is funny Like that.

rte

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Reaction score
Good luck and have fun. I'm taking the family up in the mountains to cool off and do some high Mountain lake fishing as well this weekend.
Have fun we got away from the daily and met some retired friends in the Payson area.
It was cooler and a nice change.
I assisted with putting fish on a stringer... couldn't get a fishing license in short order.
There was debating on whether that was legal, handling fish without a license.
We were so far off the path no one was looking, until the ranger came around.
Nice guy he didn't mind.
The two that were fishing caught the allotted 4 each and everyone got to eat.

TAEZZAR

Midas Member
Eagle
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Wifes dad was a fisherman. She was conceived on his boat. yet, she gets seasick the minute she steps on a boat.

didnt stop her from working as a dive master for years, scopace worked for her.

whereas i grew up a thousand miles from an ocean and dont think i would get seasick even in a hurricane. Life is funny Like that.
I think it's an inner ear thing. :finished:
Along with seasick, I get sick in the back seat of a car, in an airliner BUT NOT in a small Cessna airplane ! Go figure.

hammerhead

Morphing
Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++
Reaction score
I think it's an inner ear thing. :finished:
Along with seasick, I get sick in the back seat of a car, in an airliner BUT NOT in a small Cessna airplane ! Go figure.
May have something to do with noise?

viking

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score

Make sure all your papers are in order.

hammerhead

Morphing
Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++
Reaction score
You most certainly deserve this trip. Try not to think about us.

ToBeSelfEvident

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Reaction score
I spent a weekend on a small sailboat once...28 feet. 4 adults and 2 kids. First night at anchor was lovely. Next day we headed due east off the Florida coast. We were pretty far out and got nailed by a storm. The boat suddenly seemed really small with rough seas and no land in sight. The captain sent me below cuz I was turning green. I got below and rode out the storm without barfing. I checked on him once. He was up there in his foul weather gear getting absolutely hammered by the sea and storm...but he was totally at peace, an unlit pipe in his mouth and a little smile on his face.

TAEZZAR

Midas Member
Eagle
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
I spent a weekend on a small sailboat once...28 feet. 4 adults and 2 kids. First night at anchor was lovely. Next day we headed due east off the Florida coast. We were pretty far out and got nailed by a storm. The boat suddenly seemed really small with rough seas and no land in sight. The captain sent me below cuz I was turning green. I got below and rode out the storm without barfing. I checked on him once. He was up there in his foul weather gear getting absolutely hammered by the sea and storm...but he was totally at peace, an unlit pipe in his mouth and a little smile on his face.
Sometimes just going up on the bow, with your face in the wind will help, but that could be a motorboat thing.

hammerhead

Morphing
Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++
Reaction score
I did some work for an explorer type guy. He would chart his courses by the stars. He related a story about how he lent a schooner to someone. They ran into a squall and abandoned ship. Don't know if the guy ever got reimbursed.

Goldbrix

Mother Lode Found
Eagle
Mother Lode
Reaction score

It's still going to get worse.
Yep, get out and enjoy while you can still afford fuel. ;)

Goldbrix

Mother Lode Found
Eagle
Mother Lode
Reaction score
Is there a West Coast Season of Tuna Migration like the East Coast see with Bluefin ?

TAEZZAR

Midas Member
Eagle
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Is there a West Coast Season of Tuna Migration like the East Coast see with Bluefin ?
Yes, it varies every year, but usually July thru Aug. It can start a week or 2 early &/or run a week or 2 later.
They can be as close as 10 miles out & as far as 50 miles out. Typical is 20 to 40 miles out.
In addition, some years are dry & every once-in-a-while we get a banner year.

A nice day on the ocean Aug 2020 !

IMG_2781 - Copy.JPG

<SLV>

Platinum Bling
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Mmmmmm.... sushi....

Goldbrix

Mother Lode Found
Eagle
Mother Lode
Reaction score
Yes, it varies every year, but usually July thru Aug. It can start a week or 2 early &/or run a week or 2 later.
They can be as close as 10 miles out & as far as 50 miles out. Typical is 20 to 40 miles out.
In addition, some years are dry & every once-in-a-while we get a banner year.

A nice day on the ocean Aug 2020 !

View attachment 269211
You either have alot of cats or eat a lot of Tuna ? What species is that ?