• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Important New Forum!

TAEZZAR

LADY JUSTICE ISNT BLIND, SHES JUST AFRAID TO WATCH
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
my mom has/had leg foot cramps...takes 99mg potassium daily (dr suggested)............on the fungus i have hot damp feet all the time naturally very hard to get rid of fungus
YUP, potassium, I forgot to mention it. I take it with the magnesium.

Stupid question, BUT, have you tried a hair dryer on your feet & then the Vics/Mentho treatment ?

TAEZZAR

Midas Member
Midas Supporter
When I stretch with my toes pointed down and away from my body...........
Weatherman, I forgot to mention. Loosen the blankets & top sheet, at the bottom of the bed. This will relieve the pressure on you toes.

Weatherman

In GIM since 2006
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Weatherman, I forgot to mention. Loosen the blankets & top sheet, at the bottom of the bed. This will relieve the pressure on you toes.
Thanks, but my cramping problem is not in my toes. The leg cramps are in my calves between my knees and my feet. The cramps happen most often if I stretch with my feet pointed in the same direction as my legs, but pulling my feet up toward my body makes fewer leg cramps. I think that stretching my calves before going to bed also helps, but I'm not sure about that.

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
I am training myself to stretch with my toes curled up toward my body, and I do not get leg cramps when I do that correctly.
We learned this back in Junior High gym class during the introduction to wrestling. When in the DOWN position keep your toes curled under to help spring out, somersault, switch or Tight Waist Roll.
To this day as I type this I am up on my toes. I've always found it difficult to sit flat footed.
Amateur Wrestling also taught me how to fall to minimize damage. Saved my phat azz twice this past winter. Slipped on portable bleacher stepping down over a bench seat and my back foot caught the edge cause I didn't bring my foot up high enough.
2nd time I tripped over a gasoline pump island misjudging the height.
Both time when I realized I could not stop the fall you relax and roll with the direction of the fall aka "Go with the FLOW". Keep your chin pressed to your chest if the momentum is great let it somersault you. Going sideways tuck the arm in that direction and roll with it.
Lose your footing on ice doing a back fall slap the ground with both hands and arms. Yeah, it still hurts but not as much as fighting it being stiff and possibly knocking yourself out.

Yep, I'd rather deal with a few bruises and scratches myself than doctor / hospital bills.

I do figure my skills and luck will run out eventually. But not this past winter.

luckabuck

I made mine in the stock market!
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
A lot of time leg cramps are caused by electrolyte imbalance ...... you see those cramps with football players because they sweat the electrolytes out. I recommend drinking one of the sugar free electrolyte drinks before bedtime ...... like Powerade sugar free. This really helps.

GOLDBRIX

Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
For leg cramps, listen up GB, I have even taped a bar of soap exactly where the leg is cramping.

I was just given you the blues over the misspelling of "cramps" ("craps"). I used things members here find weird for health and wellness. Not judging the treatment you use.

MrLucky

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
my mom has/had leg foot cramps...takes 99mg potassium daily (dr suggested)............on the fungus i have hot damp feet all the time naturally very hard to get rid of fungus
OK, leg cramps, I get them bad !!! I take magnesium & it helps, I drink lots of water during the day & it helps. The big one I found is to put a bar or 2 of soap, I use Irish Spring, under the bottom bed sheet about where your cramped leg would be. This one cut my craps by 75% or more, no B.S..
BUT I still get them, just not all the time like I used to get them.

So, does anyone have another remedy to get rid of leg/foot night cramps?
My wife used to get charley horses every night! Through much research, here's the cure we found for her. Yrmv

Eat 1 banana a day. 400 mg of potassium in them. Ultimately you will get tired of them, but unless you want the pain back, you will keep eating them. Mash them, puree them, eat them whole doesn't matter the shape, just keep eating them. You should see results in about 2-3 weeks.

Drink water. Dehydration causes cramps. Drink a lot if you have a lot of physical chores to do.

It may be necessary to supplement this with 250 mg of magnesium daily. yrmv.

Now she gets about 1 cramp every 6 months. And that's usually because she got lax in the routine.

Our next issue to resolve is migraines. She has a prescription but it doesn't always work. She loses about 1 week of work a year to them.

TAEZZAR

Midas Member
Midas Supporter
We learned this back in Junior High gym class during the introduction to wrestling. When in the DOWN position keep your toes curled under to help spring out, somersault, switch or Tight Waist Roll.
To this day as I type this I am up on my toes. I've always found it difficult to sit flat footed.
Amateur Wrestling also taught me how to fall to minimize damage. Saved my phat azz twice this past winter. Slipped on portable bleacher stepping down over a bench seat and my back foot caught the edge cause I didn't bring my foot up high enough.
2nd time I tripped over a gasoline pump island misjudging the height.
Both time when I realized I could not stop the fall you relax and roll with the direction of the fall aka "Go with the FLOW". Keep your chin pressed to your chest if the momentum is great let it somersault you. Going sideways tuck the arm in that direction and roll with it.
Lose your footing on ice doing a back fall slap the ground with both hands and arms. Yeah, it still hurts but not as much as fighting it being stiff and possibly knocking yourself out.

Yep, I'd rather deal with a few bruises and scratches myself than doctor / hospital bills.

I do figure my skills and luck will run out eventually. But not this past winter.
You bet, on a normal fall, I go with the flow & it saved me many times.
You reminded me of a gift that I have, when I have a bad fall, my mind goes into overdrive & everything slows way down. It gives me time to correct my fall & avoid greater injury or even death . I have done this 5 or 6 times in my life. It is truly a gift, I don't know how it gets to doing what it does.
4 years ago, I stepped backwards into a Costco car tent box (200 lbs, so it didn't move) I started to fall over backwards & saw my tractor spreader box in the corner of my right eye, directly in my trajectory. I twisted my body to my left & landed on my left shoulder away from the spreader box. I have been 4 years trying to get that shoulder to work right again. But it sure beat hitting my head on the steel box.

Last edited:

GOLDBRIX

Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Our next issue to resolve is migraines. She has a prescription but it doesn't always work. She loses about 1 week of work a year to them.
See if Drs. still prescribe RELAFEN / NABUMETONE.
As dark a room as possible or closet if need be.
I would elevate my feet higher than my head.
and
Shuttling ice cold wash clothes every 10-20 minutes to place over the eyes and forehead. You'll know they are cold enough if she asks to cover her arms and chest because she is cold.

I had to eliminate all MSG ( Mono-Sodium Glutamate)[sp?] Asian cooking and long term food reserves use it as a preservative, spice. It is a flavor enhancer. NOOOOOOO
I have not had one in over a decade, and do not wish them on anybody but Hitlary and her DNC ilk ( joke)

Best Wishes

GOLDBRIX

Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
You reminded me of a gift that I have, when I have a bad fall, my mind goes into overdrive & everything slows way down.

BINGO !!

MrLucky

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
Here's a tip if you have a 'normal' headache.

Put an ice pack on the back of your neck. Hold it there as long you can stand the cold. This constricts the blood vessels in the neck and limits the amount of blood that can get to your head. This reduces the pressure in your skull and reduces the pain of the headache. It will either stop the headache or greatly reduce it.

We often use this as it reduces the pain of the migraine to tolerable levels, though does not cure it.

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Goldhedge , and remember to squeeze a bunch of fresh lemon in that non fluoridated water.....
The stomach gut bugs love it every morning.
Fresh lemon juice is anionic, meaning it is made of negatively charged ions. Lemon water made from fresh lemons will become alkaline as your body reacts with the lemons' anions during the digestive process. Be sure to use fresh lemons, bottled lemon juice and lemon oils do not have the same alkalizing properties.

GOLDBRIX

Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Be sure to use fresh lemons, bottled lemon juice and lemon oils do not have the same alkalizing properties.

I was wondering that. I use alot of concentrated lemon juice in making salad dressings.

itsamess

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
EIS/CS soaks Three times a day for a week. YMMV
Oh, and soak dirty socks for 30 minutes in EIS/CS and wash with EIS/CS in the wash. OR Get new clean socks.
Spray all shoes w/ EIS/CS and leave to air dry as often as possible over the same week.

Well, You "axed" :gracious:
Have you ever tried making the silver gel from kits like you can get from silverpuppy.com (not associated with them just a satisfied customer). Stuff works far better than bacterial ointments for cuts or non bacterial infection problems (fungus etc) without side effects. This way you can apply CS directly to toe etc and it will stay protecting under toe nail or other areas you want a longer treatment to versus soaking. The carrier in the gel also allows the colloidal gel to penetrate deeper.

ttazzman

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
YUP, potassium, I forgot to mention it. I take it with the magnesium.

Stupid question, BUT, have you tried a hair dryer on your feet & then the Vics/Mentho treatment ?
no......but i did it over a month ....it seemed to slow it but never stopped or cured it

GOLDBRIX

Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
I use EIS/CS in Aloe Vera gel and Bentonite Clay solutions topically.
Aloe Vera for burns - sun, steam, or flame.
Bentonite Clay for Poison Ivy and such, bug bites and as a paste on cuts and scrapes open to the air or covered with gauze.

itsamess

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
This sounds weird but have you ever tried neem oil. The stuff kills all types of fungus in the garden without harming the plants. Better than any commercial product I have use for for all types of fungi in the garden. Kills powdery mildew like mad even though the plants get wet. A quick search of the net and folks do use it for toenail fungus. I know that India folks use it in toothpaste and it has been shown to kill oral Candida infections, so it is no toxic and works in aqueous environments. In the garden three treatments a couple of days apart and fungus is gone. It is photosensitive ( breaks down), but that shouldn't be a problem in a shoe. Stinks a bit, sort of nutty.

Aurumag

Ag mirror of truth Aurum purity of mind
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Unca Walt's back so I had to correct your spelling...

I'm constipated, thoughts?
I usually buy three bottles at a time; became interested in order to prevent hemorrhoids.

I average taking 3 per week.

Amazing what a good sh*t will do for you!

Intestinal Formula #1

Aurumag

Midas Member
Site Supporter
So, does anyone have another remedy to get rid of leg/foot night cramps?
Coconut water.

Cramps are usually the result of an incorrect balance of sodium and potassium, and coconut water has the correct electrolytic balance.

Cheap and effective, but make sure it is pure coconut water with no added sugar.

ttazzman

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
I use EIS/CS in Aloe Vera gel and Bentonite Clay solutions topically.
Aloe Vera for burns - sun, steam, or flame.
Bentonite Clay for Poison Ivy and such, bug bites and as a paste on cuts and scrapes open to the air or covered with gauze.
curious i certainly know you could use CS in bentonite clay......but in aloe vera gel ( do you just dilute the jell XX% ? )

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Coconut water.

Cramps are usually the result of an incorrect balance of sodium and potassium, and coconut water has the correct electrolytic balance.

Cheap and effective, but make sure it is pure coconut water with no added sugar.
It's my understanding that magnesium defiiancy is one of the main culprits for cramps. That's why Mag oil is such a superb reliever. A body building friend turned my circle on to it. They sell Magnesium Chloride flakes for bathing in and you make the oil from the flakes. It is literally instant relief for muscle cramps.

Epsom salt is Magnesium Sulfate, these flakes are Magnesium Chloride. The simplified way it was explained to me was that basically the Chloride is more easily and quickly assimable in the body. \

The mag oil can be made in different strengths and when applied it burns the skin a bit, especially any open wound!

For a time having mag oil was crucial to me while playing intense 3 hr gigs as a drummer. My bass drum beating leg would give out on me towards the end of the 3rd set, the most upbeat groovin' tunes set. Right behind the knee and into the hamstring. It would cramp up, I'd try to give it relief and it would be like a marathon to get thru certain tunes. Then I would signal for a break and they'd yap on the mic's a bit while I rubbed my mag oil on and stretched out. I just wasn't conditioned because of my day job I rarely played or practiced between gigs. 3 hrs is a long time beating your foot several times a second or so.
But the real trouble is the action of my foot continually on the gas pedal. That movement on the gas hits a similar tendon and muscle path as quick beat on the bass drum. Couple that with standing on ladders and in all sorts of precarious positions building stuff as a cahpenter.... there's only so much a leg can do!

BBB.jpg

To follow is some information about Magnesium for your ponderance. The following source is in no way an endorsement, it was one just one of the first links in my search query. :gracious:

Magnesium is a common metal that, in the body, activates hundreds of cellular, biochemical reactions. In the nervous system, it functions as a dampener. Magnesium is the ninth most abundant element in the universe 1, and the eighth most abundant element in the Earth’s crust. 2

Below you’ll find over two dozen interesting facts about magnesium — including the history of magnesium, chemical composition, and health info. on magnesium.

General Magnesium Information

Unstable in its pure state, magnesium typically forms a white coating of magnesium oxide. In nature, most of its compounds appear as white crystals. Approximately 320,000 tons of magnesium are extracted annually for commercial use. 3 Magnesium is commonly extracted from seawater, where it is the third most common component.

Historic Facts About Magnesium
  • Magnesium was first discovered outside of the Greek city of Magnesia.
  • In 1808, Sire Humphrey Davy first isolated several of the alkaline earth metals, naming them after their oxides as barium, strontium, calcium, and magnium. Davy derived the term “magnium” from the common name for magnesium oxide: magnesia. Eventually the term magnesium replaced the term magnium in general usage.
  • Magnesium was used as a curative as early as ancient times, in the form of laxatives and Epsom salts.
  • In the 1600’s, water from the famous Epson spring discovered in England was a popular curative, used as an internal remedy and purifier of the blood. In 1695, magnesium sulfate as a salt was isolated from the Epsom spring water by Nehemia Grew.
  • Marie de Medici, of the famous and powerful Italian family, described the healing properties of Epsom spring water as, used by “a great store of citizens” especially by “persons of quality”. 4
  • Richard Willstatter won the Nobel prize in 1915 for describing the nature of the structure of chlorophyll in plants, noting magnesium as the central element.
  • Magnesium is regularly used in the acute treatment of eclampsia during pregnancy and acute myocardial infarction.

Unstable in its pure state, magnesium typically forms a white coating of magnesium oxide. In nature, most of its compounds appear as white crystals. Approximately 320,000 tons of magnesium are extracted annually for commercial use. 3 Magnesium is commonly extracted from seawater, where it is the third most common component.

Historic Facts About Magnesium
  • Magnesium was first discovered outside of the Greek city of Magnesia.
  • In 1808, Sire Humphrey Davy first isolated several of the alkaline earth metals, naming them after their oxides as barium, strontium, calcium, and magnium. Davy derived the term “magnium” from the common name for magnesium oxide: magnesia. Eventually the term magnesium replaced the term magnium in general usage.
  • Magnesium was used as a curative as early as ancient times, in the form of laxatives and Epsom salts.
  • In the 1600’s, water from the famous Epson spring discovered in England was a popular curative, used as an internal remedy and purifier of the blood. In 1695, magnesium sulfate as a salt was isolated from the Epsom spring water by Nehemia Grew.
  • Marie de Medici, of the famous and powerful Italian family, described the healing properties of Epsom spring water as, used by “a great store of citizens” especially by “persons of quality”. 4
  • Richard Willstatter won the Nobel prize in 1915 for describing the nature of the structure of chlorophyll in plants, noting magnesium as the central element.
  • Magnesium is regularly used in the acute treatment of eclampsia during pregnancy and acute myocardial infarction.
Magnesium’s Chemical Composition and Related Properties
  • Magnesium has the atomic number 12 with 12 protons and approximately 12 neutrons inside its shell, surrounded by 12 electrons orbiting in three shells, with two valence electrons.
  • The atomic weight of magnesium is 24.3050.
  • Magnesium’s outer shell has only two electrons out of the ordinary eight, making it highly reactive. It cannot be found in nature as an independent compound. In seawater, for example, it is found as the salt Magnesium Chloride, comprised of one magnesium cation and two chloride anions.
  • On the periodic table, magnesium is known as an alkaline earth metal. Other alkaline earth metals include calcium, beryllium, barium, strontium, and radium. Strontium and radium are radioactive metals, particularly dangerous to the body because their similarity to calcium and magnesium can lead to their uptake and absorption.
Magnesium in the Body
  • There are about 4-6 teaspoons of magnesium in the human body. 5
  • Magnesium is the fourth most abundant mineral in the body. 6
  • Magnesium is the second most abundant positively charged intracellular (inside the cells) ion in the body. Other positively charged cations found in the body include calcium, sodium, and potassium. Negatively charged anions include phosphate and chloride.
  • Only 1% of totally body magnesium is found in the blood, the remainder is found in the bone and inside the cells of the muscles, heart and liver.
  • The cells of a healthy heart contain ten times the amount of magnesium found in blood. 7
  • 50-60% of body magnesium is incorporated into the crystal mineral lattice of bones and teeth. 8
  • Magnesium absorption occurs in the small intestine and begins as early as 1 hour after ingestion in the jejunum, but primarily occurs in the ileum, or “distal” intestine. 9
Interesting Health Facts About Magnesium

• Magnesium is one of six “macro-minerals”, major minerals needed by the body in larger amounts. The other five major minerals are calcium, sodium, potassium, phosphorous and chloride.
    • The US RDA for magnesium in adults over age 31 is currently set at 420 mg per day for men, 320 mg per day for women, and 360 mg per day for pregnant women. 10
    • The average American diet contains barely over 50% of the US RDA of magnesium. 11 12
    • Roughly 75% of U.S. adults consume less than the recommended daily allowance (RDA) of magnesium. 13 14 15 16
    • 19% of U.S. adults—one in 5—consume less than half of the RDA of magnesium. 17
    • 50% of cases of magnesium deficiency may go unrecognized due to statistical errors in serum magnesium testing. 18
    • 7-11% of hospitalized patients and 65% of intensive care patients are deficient in magnesium. 1920 21
    • Only about 20-50% of magnesium intake is actually absorbed by the body. 22 23 24 25
    • Over three dozen prescription medications interfere with magnesium absorption and retention in the body, including some antibiotics, diuretics, allergy and asthma medications, and chemotherapy treatments. 26 27
    • Absorption of magnesium supplements varies. Magnesium oxide, the most common form of magnesium supplement found in drug stores, has been found to have only a 4% absorption rate. 28 Other forms of magnesium supplements, however, including magnesium chloride, have been found to have much higher rates of absorption due to their higher solubility in water.
Magnesium and Disease

• Low magnesium intake and low magnesium levels have been associated with osteoporosis 29 3031 diabetes 32 33, metabolic syndrome 34 35 and heart disease 36 37 38 39.

Related Articles
ARTICLE
Magnesium Benefits
Magnesium works within our cells

ARTICLE
Health Benefits of Magnesium
Discover magnesium’s value for preventive health and increased physical performance.

ARTICLE
What is Magnesium? How it Functions in the Body
Learn how magnesium is used by the cells.

References

1. ↑ Ash, R. The Top 10 of Everything 2006: The Ultimate Book of Lists. DK Publishing; 2005. Available at: https://www.librarything.com/work/3367109. Accessed November 4, 2009.
2. ↑ Railsback, LB. Some Fundamentals of Mineralogy and Geochemistry. Department of Geology, University of Georgia. Available at: http://www.gly.uga.edu/railsback/Fundamentals/ElementalAbundanceTableP.pdf. Accessed November 4, 2009.
3. ↑ Froes FH, Eliezer D, Aghion E. The science, technology, and applications of magnesium. Journal of the Minerals, Metals and Materials Society. 1998;50(9): 30-34. Available at: http://www.springerlink.com/content/r6098201621m77wk/#ContactOfAuthor1. Accessed March 2, 2010.
4. ↑ Durlach J. Overview of Magnesium Research: History and Current Trends. In: International Magnesium Symposium. New Perspectives in Magnesium Research. London: Springer-Verlag; 2007:3-11.
5. ↑ Dean C. The Magnesium Miracle. New York: Ballantine Books; 2007.
6. ↑ Arnaud M. Update on the assessment of magnesium status. The British Journal Of Nutrition. June 2008;99 Suppl 3:S24-S36. Available from: MEDLINE with Full Text, Ipswich, MA. Accessed February 3, 2010.
7. ↑ Gaby A. Magnesium: How an important mineral helps prevent heart attacks and relieve stress. New Canaan, CT: Keats Publishing; 1994.
8. ↑ World Health Organization. Calcium and Magnesium in Drinking Water: Public health significance. Geneva: World Health Organization Press; 2009.
9. ↑ Bohn T. Dietary Factors Influencing Magnesium Absorption in Humans. Current Nutrition & Food Science. 2008;4:53-72.
10. ↑ Institute of Medicine. Dietary Reference Intakes for Calcium, Phosphorous, Magnesium, Vitamin D, and Fluoride. Washington, DC: National Academy Press; 1997.
11. ↑ Institute of Medicine. Dietary Reference Intakes for Calcium, Phosphorous, Magnesium, Vitamin D, and Fluoride. Washington, DC: National Academy Press; 1997.
12. ↑ Altura BM, Altura BT. Magnesium: Forgotten Mineral in Cardiovascular Biology and Therogenesis. In: International Magnesium Symposium. New Perspectives in Magnesium Research. London: Springer-Verlag; 2007:239-260.
13. ↑ World Health Organization. Calcium and Magnesium in Drinking Water: Public health significance. Geneva: World Health Organization Press; 2009.
14. ↑ Institute of Medicine. Dietary Reference Intakes for Calcium, Phosphorous, Magnesium, Vitamin D, and Fluoride. Washington, DC: National Academy Press; 1997.
15. ↑ Pao EM, Mickle SJ. Problem nutrients in the United States. Food Technology. 1981:35:58-79.
16. ↑ King DE, Mainous AG 3rd, Geesey ME, Woolson RF. Dietary magnesium and C-reactive protein levels. Journal Of The American College Of Nutrition. 2005 Jun;24(3):166-71. Available from: MEDLINE with Full Text, Ipswich, MA. Accessed November 6, 2009.
17. ↑ King DE, Mainous AG 3rd, Geesey ME, Woolson RF. Dietary magnesium and C-reactive protein levels. Journal Of The American College Of Nutrition. 2005 Jun;24(3):166-71. Available from: MEDLINE with Full Text, Ipswich, MA. Accessed November 6, 2009.
18. ↑ Liebscher DH, Liebscher DE. About the Misdiagnosis of Magnesium Deficiency. Journal of the American College of Nutrition. 2004;23(6):730S-731S.
19. ↑ Bernstein, L. Improving Magnesium Absorption and Bioavailability. Geriatric Times. 2002;3(1). Available at: http://www.cmellc.com/geriatrictimes/g020208.html. Accessed February 10, 2010.
20. ↑ Gullestad L, Oystein Dolva L, Birkeland K. Oral versus intravenous magnesium supplementation in patients with magnesium deficiency. Magnesium and Trace Elements. 1991-1992; 10(1):11-16.
21. ↑ Klein M. Magnesium therapy in cardiovascular disease. Cardiovascular Reviews & Reports. 1994;15(10):9-56.
22. ↑ Bohn T. Dietary Factors Influencing Magnesium Absorption in Humans. Current Nutrition & Food Science. 2008;4:53-72.
23. ↑ Bernstein, L. Improving Magnesium Absorption and Bioavailability. Geriatric Times. 2002;3(1). Available at: http://www.cmellc.com/geriatrictimes/g020208.html. Accessed February 10, 2010.
24. ↑ McCarthy J, Kumar R. Divalent Cation Metabolism: Magnesium. In: Schrier R, series editor. Atlas of Diseases of the Kidney. Volume 1. Wiley-Blackwell; 1999: 4.1-4.12.
25. ↑ Magnesium Mineral. The Nutrition Notebook. 2004. Available at: http://www.springboard4health.com/notebook/min_magnesium.html. Accessed January 21, 2010.
26. ↑ World Health Organization. Calcium and Magnesium in Drinking Water: Public health significance. Geneva: World Health Organization Press; 2009.
27. ↑ Seelig M, Rosanoff A. The Magnesium Factor. New York: Avery; 2003.
28. ↑ Firoz M, Graber M. Bioavailability of US commercial magnesium preparations. Magnesium Research. 2001; 14: 257-62.
29. ↑ World Health Organization. Calcium and Magnesium in Drinking Water: Public health significance. Geneva: World Health Organization Press; 2009.
30. ↑ Rude RK, Gruber HE. Magnesium deficiency and osteoporosis: animal and human observations. The Journal of Nutritional Biochemistry. 2004; 15: 710-6.
31. ↑ Schaafsma A, de Vries PJ, Saris WH. Delay of natural bone loss by higher intakes of specific minerals and vitamins. Critical Reviews in Food Science and Nutrition. 2001; 41: 225-49.
32. ↑ Sales CH, Pedrosa Lde F. Magnesium and diabetes mellitus: their relation. Clinical Nutrition. 2006; 25: 554-62.
33. ↑ Murakami K, Okubo H, Sasaki S. Effect of dietary factors on incidence of type 2 diabetes: a systematic review of cohort studies. Journal of nutritional science and vitaminology. (Tokyo) 2005; 51: 292-310.
34. ↑ Guerrero-Romero F, Rodriguez-Moran M. Hypomagnesemia, oxidative stress, inflammation, and metabolic syndrome. Diabetes/metabolism research and reviews. 2006; 22: 471-6.
35. ↑ He K, Liu K, Daviglus ML, et al. Magnesium intake and incidence of metabolic syndrome among young adults. Circulation. 2006; 113:1675-82.
36. ↑ World Health Organization. Calcium and Magnesium in Drinking Water: Public health significance. Geneva: World Health Organization Press; 2009.
37. ↑ Al-Delaimy WK, Rimm EB, Willett WC, Stampfer MJ, Hu FB. Magnesium intake and risk of coronary heart disease among men. Journal of the American College of Nutrition. 2004; 23: 63-70.
38. ↑ Ueshima K. Magnesium and ischemic heart disease: a review of epidemiological, experimental, and clinical evidences. Magnesium Research. 2005; 18: 275-84.
39. ↑ Monarca S, Donato F, Zerbini I, Calderon RL, Craun GF. Review of epidemiological studies on drinking water hardness and cardiovascular diseases. European journal of cardiovascular prevention and rehabilitation. 2006; 13:495-506.

http://www.ancient-minerals.com/magnesium-benefits/facts-info/

Last edited:

D-FENZ

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
PLEASE DO NOT GARBAGE IT UP WITH CRAP FROM AROUND THE NET, OR I WILL DELETE THE WHOLE FORUM.
Thank you. Most of us know where to find google if we're looking for anonymous crap.

You could similarly embargo the entire site and attain god status. Not bad for a cerulean tongued bear.

GOLDBRIX

Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
curious i certainly know you could use CS in bentonite clay......but in aloe vera gel ( do you just dilute the jell XX% ? )
Yep, Stir and shake, stir and shake, stir and shake, and repeat.
I never said it was easy. ;-0

luckabuck

Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
I'm going to break my vow on toe fungus by saying use Liquid Pro Clearz on the affected nail morning and evening for a month. The solution contains tolnaftate. a powerful anti-fungal that works. And drinking a lot of water and drinking an electrolyte drink like Powerade sugar free before going to bed will take care of electrolyte imbalance for the leg cramps. These two remedies work, folks.

TAEZZAR

Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Wow, you guys have covered every conceivable way to prevent muscle cramps. I use a Magnesium oil spray for my lower legs, yes it does burn.
Here is a thought: If all of these preventative measures work against muscle cramps, and they do, then, since your heart is a muscle, does it also affect your heart? It is a fact, that your heart has first priority for the magnesium in your body. Therefore, does it, in fact, help to prevent cramping in your heart, aka heart attacks ?
Am I over thinking this ?

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
spot on from here.

TAEZZAR

Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Fresh lemon juice is anionic, meaning it is made of negatively charged ions. Lemon water made from fresh lemons will become alkaline as your body reacts with the lemons' anions during the digestive process. Be sure to use fresh lemons, bottled lemon juice and lemon oils do not have the same alkalizing properties.
I love fresh lemons & the juice. I eat them like an orange. As a youngster, I would squeeze lemon juice on my Frito's & eat them. Parents asked the dentist if it was OK. He said don't do it, it will dissolve his tooth/teeth enamel. I'm 75 & still have my own teeth/tooth? lolol
Don't blindly trust ANYONE (except me).
:laughing:

michael59

heads up-butts down
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Oh ghee-hawd... Somebodie shoot me is my plan. My feet stink my ball's itch then there is that tooth, hell there ain't enough whifkey in the world to cure me.

TAEZZAR

Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Oh ghee-hawd... Somebodie shoot me is my plan. My feet stink my ball's itch then there is that tooth, hell there ain't enough whifkey in the world to cure me.
Mikey where is the apple juice ? :gracious:12:50

michael59

heads up-butts down
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Mikey where is the apple juice ? :gracious:12:50
Help save me from myself as the jug is running low. I have at this time, twice have I syphoned out another's qarunteed promise. I feel so like a cad I do because that shit sits in the truck ready to ship and dammen-did-it It don't make it to the dawn. Stuff came out good this year and it actually captivated the syphon hose a few times with all the sparkly in it.

hammerhead

Morphing
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Bad health is what got to this forum. Started tag sale hunting for gold and silver to try to make money by scrapping and while looking for spot prices, came across this place. This forum had a chart but also had some very positive people talking about self sufficiency. When I say I am grateful for this forum, I mean it has carried me through the rough times and has given me hope and a direction that I did not have.

First, a little background. I went through chemo over the course of a summer and had radical cystectomy in November of the same year. That was 10 years ago and I was 43 at the time. Was kinda like the operation was a success but the patient died. Thought I was doing good and tried to get right back into the swing of things but kept on getting knocked down. Arthritis kicked in because I was inactive along with getting vertigo out of nowhere. Went from running a 5 person home improvement business to barely being able to work at all. I definitely would not make a good employee so I'm glad I have a skill. Set me back bigly in the financial department. I'm just glad that by this time my youngest kids were graduating high school and I didn't have to carry them. I have a hard time making ends meet even now. Pain is constant. Vicodin is a daily but only works so much as I still need to function. I'm starting physical therapy this week so I'm hoping I can strengthen my muscles to protect my joints. I am also almost deaf and have chain saws buzzing 24/7 in the one ear that works. Wear a hearing aid but conversations are tricky. Can't even appreciate music anymore. Unless it's live and loud.

So other than trying to keep a positive attitude as TAEZZER mentioned early on, how has any other member here dealt with their own SHTF? Has anyone else dealt with the mental mess that goes with being less than what they were previously? Or should I just say f-it and go for the walk already?

BarnacleBob

Founding Member
Site Mgr
Site Supporter
Bad health is what got to this forum. Started tag sale hunting for gold and silver to try to make money by scrapping and while looking for spot prices, came across this place. This forum had a chart but also had some very positive people talking about self sufficiency. When I say I am grateful for this forum, I mean it has carried me through the rough times and has given me hope and a direction that I did not have.

First, a little background. I went through chemo over the course of a summer and had radical cystectomy in November of the same year. That was 10 years ago and I was 43 at the time. Was kinda like the operation was a success but the patient died. Thought I was doing good and tried to get right back into the swing of things but kept on getting knocked down. Arthritis kicked in because I was inactive along with getting vertigo out of nowhere. Went from running a 5 person home improvement business to barely being able to work at all. I definitely would not make a good employee so I'm glad I have a skill. Set me back bigly in the financial department. I'm just glad that by this time my youngest kids were graduating high school and I didn't have to carry them. I have a hard time making ends meet even now. Pain is constant. Vicodin is a daily but only works so much as I still need to function. I'm starting physical therapy this week so I'm hoping I can strengthen my muscles to protect my joints. I am also almost deaf and have chain saws buzzing 24/7 in the one ear that works. Wear a hearing aid but conversations are tricky. Can't even appreciate music anymore. Unless it's live and loud.

So other than trying to keep a positive attitude as TAEZZER mentioned early on, how has any other member here dealt with their own SHTF? Has anyone else dealt with the mental mess that goes with being less than what they were previously? Or should I just say f-it and go for the walk already?
The mental baggage is the roughest & longest road to walk down... Especially looking back and realizing you finally made it cause your now old & look the part! The waitress at the local diner now points out the senior section on the menu, forty year olds politely call you "Sir," the skin starts sagging, hairs turn gray, afternoon sex is replaced with afternoon naps ... Worst of all is your family members & long time friends all start dieing off one by one. Funerals are now the new reunion places & times. Damn right I dont like this shit one bit! LOL.

Aurumag

Midas Member
Site Supporter
Bad health is what got me to this forum...

I came here thinking I had like-minded allies in the war against the FRN, only to find out that a predilection for PMs does not necessarily equate to a like-mind, but libertarianism dwells here, and I am 80% there.

No need to elaborate on my series of SHTF, excepting that for me it was the loss of wealth which led to the physical issues; age, hard mileage and arthritis being the cumulative factors.

Even given the meager assets, my family is intact, and of course the faith of the LORD Jesus Christ guides my walk.

But it is the walks; more like walkabouts, long walks in the wilderness that refresh my soul after a week or two of stress.

Keep moving.

Don't give up.

Alton

Gold Member
Gold Chaser

You find your reason(s) to stay positive. For a number of us it's God. For others it's family. For yet others it's sheer orneriness which is a raw will to live. Whatever works for YOU is what you do. One has to realize that the human flesh does NOT go on forever. After humans have reached their mid 20's we begin the descent, the decline of health, the walk to our long home in the earth. It's not morose or dark or evil. It's merely a fact of life. This body, this shell, this vessel is temporary. Here one minute, gone the next. This, my friend, is why it is necessary to embrace the realities of life that inform us that there is so much more to life beyond being mere breathing, living and dying flesh.

Before I reached 30 I was ready to check out. The endless and debilitating pain of repetitive back injury, the anguish of not being to even hold or play with my sons, the depression of failure as a provider for Mrs. Alton...yeah...I had about I could deal with and I was in the process of packing it in. To this day I don't know the "how" but I do know it was because of Mrs. Alton praying for me and "the worm turned" as it were. I'm pretty sure I finally touched bottom because one step further down was the grave and the only other way to go was up. The hardest thing was accepting that there were issues with my health that I couldn't change so I had to come up with workarounds. This was especially difficult in a world that was now accelerating it's changes in ALL categories, social, business, government,money, you name it, it was changing, changing radically and changing fast and none for the better. Kind of like jumping on an accelerating merry-go-round and trying to hold on for dear life.

My personal "SHTF" described above was about 35 years ago. It was only by God's hand and Mrs. Alton's support that I was able to do what I have and prosper as I have. Yeah, it's all their fault. And as expected my body continues to deteriorate. This is neither God's or Mrs. Alton's fault. It's merely an ugly fact of this life on earth. Call it Adam's fault, sin, entropy, whatever you understand, it still limits the length of life here and what we can do in this short period of time we call life.

Nowadays, the deterioration of my back has fully been consummated. It turns out I have stenosis, degenerative disc disease, congenital narrowing of the spinal canal, arthritis and as an added bonus, diabetes. My lowest disc is now ground down to barely a piece of snakeskin and the one above it is bulged and decaying. I have to keep a cane handy and take some pretty strong medication to keep going. It's the effects of the medication that are hardest to deal with since I have dealt with drugs and addiction before. That SHTF episode capped off my youth and, fortunately, was long over before Mrs. Alton and the boys came along. Anyway, becoming a legal addict is quite a personal setback, then there's the loss of memory which is beyond annoying, the drugs affect my balance and I have successfully proven that by taking a couple of falls this winter, it causes my right hand to shake which makes it really difficult to write or even hold a cup of coffee or put food in my mouth at times. Yes, I have been tweaking both my dosage and the timing of when I take my meds which has been helpful at minimizing these effects. Yes, surgery is expected to help but the insurance company is the big obstacle at this point because the procedure I have decided on is "too new" and insurance will NOT pay for it so we're shopping alternatives. I'm also at that place where finances are reaching the critical stage and I can either sign up for the disability or sign up for social security. Either way the income will be minimal but I would have Medicare which would pay for the surgery I want but I have to be selective on which supplemental insurance I would want because I do NOT want to take on any debt. My last and only debt, the house, will be paid off early next year. I'm kind of trying to hold out until that's done before I have the surgery so I can securely avoid any extra debt. Going to have to replace the truck this year too. So, yeah, lotta stuff on my plate but, I have the luxury of not having to "eat it all" immediately. This way I can rest easy that Mrs. Alton will have plenty to take care of her after I check out. Of course, if Christ gets here before I pass then all this is moot anyway. Either way, we're prepared.

But all of the above is where I'm at and why I'm there. Each of us has to work out our own plans according to what works for us and our situations.

Don't worry about the world. It ain't your concern. Long ago it was told to those who would listen that the world is going to going to grow darker and uglier and so it has and it will get quite worse. Nothing can be done to change it and many of us are merely bystanders, an audience for the coming train wreck. Yeah, that stomps on the beliefs of a lot of people, nevertheless, it is what it is. Humans have been at this for over 5,000 DOCUMENTED years and outside of technological advancement humans have made NO moral or spiritual progress as we continue to lie, cheat, steal, scam, extort, rape and murder in bigger and better ways. No, this world will NOT be changing for the better by the hand of man. Deal with it accordingly. There are many forces at work far beyond human control. Deal with what you can for your life.

Joe King

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
I learned this from a newspaper doc, Doctor Gott. He admits it is difficult to believe & wonders if it is a placebo effect.
If it is, he best not wonder about it too much. Might end up ruining the "effect".

Here's a tip if you have a 'normal' headache.
Here's another. A tiny bit of peppermint oil rubbed into both temples works well for a lot of people.
...and I mean t i n y amount. You don't want that stuff wicking into your eyes. If it does, it'll fix a headache even quicker, but only because your eye will be burning so bad that you'll forget all about the headache. lol

hell there ain't enough whifkey in the world to cure me.
That should be a concern, Mike.

Help save me from myself as the jug is running low.
Ok. You should think about leaving it that way, because the ol' wifkey will kill your liver. When that happens, the feet and tooth will pale in comparison. Got a friend who's also had a love affair with the wifkey and is discovering this first hand. Amazing how high the incidence rate of this is. So be careful.
Just sharing with you what I know that might help, Mike.

hammerhead

Morphing
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
The mental baggage is the roughest & longest road to walk down... Especially looking back and realizing you finally made it cause your now old & look the part! The waitress at the local diner now points out the senior section on the menu, forty year olds politely call you "Sir," the skin starts sagging, hairs turn gray, afternoon sex is replaced with afternoon naps ... Worst of all is your family members & long time friends all start dieing off one by one. Funerals are now the new reunion places & times. Damn right I dont like this shit one bit! LOL.
I'm not even old yet. Starting to get AARP solicitations though. The older generation family gatherings are now limited to weddings and funerals.

hammerhead

Morphing
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
I came here thinking I had like-minded allies in the war against the FRN, only to find out that a predilection for PMs does not necessarily equate to a like-mind, but libertarianism dwells here, and I am 80% there.

No need to elaborate on my series of SHTF, excepting that for me it was the loss of wealth which led to the physical issues; age, hard mileage and arthritis being the cumulative factors.

Even given the meager assets, my family is intact, and of course the faith of the LORD Jesus Christ guides my walk.

But it is the walks; more like walkabouts, long walks in the wilderness that refresh my soul after a week or two of stress.

Keep moving.

Don't give up.
Aurumag, I think the financial stress is what bothers me the most. Sometimes I wonder if I'm just running myself into the ground just to lose it all. The battle just to cover the monthly bills doesn't let me enjoy living in the moment. I don't like losing. And yet, life goes on.

luckabuck

Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
At 75 with significant health problems, I have felt sorry for myself at times, but after reading some of these posts, I feel lucky. Been divorced for some time, and found that the available women have more problems than I do, so I have remained single. I guess the thing that scares me most is being by myself at times of any health crisis that may appear. And like most of us, my children are to wrapped up in themselves to be of any help when I might need them. They will appear with an appearance of emotion in my final days, wondering what my estate will have for them. That's the reality of the situation, but what keeps me going is my faith in GOD. And the fact that I have enough financial backup to last me the rest of my life. My best to everyone on this site because we all have our narrow road to follow and it is not a "yellow brick one".

hammerhead

Morphing
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
You find your reason(s) to stay positive. For a number of us it's God. For others it's family. For yet others it's sheer orneriness which is a raw will to live. Whatever works for YOU is what you do. One has to realize that the human flesh does NOT go on forever. After humans have reached their mid 20's we begin the descent, the decline of health, the walk to our long home in the earth. It's not morose or dark or evil. It's merely a fact of life. This body, this shell, this vessel is temporary. Here one minute, gone the next. This, my friend, is why it is necessary to embrace the realities of life that inform us that there is so much more to life beyond being mere breathing, living and dying flesh.

Before I reached 30 I was ready to check out. The endless and debilitating pain of repetitive back injury, the anguish of not being to even hold or play with my sons, the depression of failure as a provider for Mrs. Alton...yeah...I had about I could deal with and I was in the process of packing it in. To this day I don't know the "how" but I do know it was because of Mrs. Alton praying for me and "the worm turned" as it were. I'm pretty sure I finally touched bottom because one step further down was the grave and the only other way to go was up. The hardest thing was accepting that there were issues with my health that I couldn't change so I had to come up with workarounds. This was especially difficult in a world that was now accelerating it's changes in ALL categories, social, business, government,money, you name it, it was changing, changing radically and changing fast and none for the better. Kind of like jumping on an accelerating merry-go-round and trying to hold on for dear life.

My personal "SHTF" described above was about 35 years ago. It was only by God's hand and Mrs. Alton's support that I was able to do what I have and prosper as I have. Yeah, it's all their fault. And as expected my body continues to deteriorate. This is neither God's or Mrs. Alton's fault. It's merely an ugly fact of this life on earth. Call it Adam's fault, sin, entropy, whatever you understand, it still limits the length of life here and what we can do in this short period of time we call life.

Nowadays, the deterioration of my back has fully been consummated. It turns out I have stenosis, degenerative disc disease, congenital narrowing of the spinal canal, arthritis and as an added bonus, diabetes. My lowest disc is now ground down to barely a piece of snakeskin and the one above it is bulged and decaying. I have to keep a cane handy and take some pretty strong medication to keep going. It's the effects of the medication that are hardest to deal with since I have dealt with drugs and addiction before. That SHTF episode capped off my youth and, fortunately, was long over before Mrs. Alton and the boys came along. Anyway, becoming a legal addict is quite a personal setback, then there's the loss of memory which is beyond annoying, the drugs affect my balance and I have successfully proven that by taking a couple of falls this winter, it causes my right hand to shake which makes it really difficult to write or even hold a cup of coffee or put food in my mouth at times. Yes, I have been tweaking both my dosage and the timing of when I take my meds which has been helpful at minimizing these effects. Yes, surgery is expected to help but the insurance company is the big obstacle at this point because the procedure I have decided on is "too new" and insurance will NOT pay for it so we're shopping alternatives. I'm also at that place where finances are reaching the critical stage and I can either sign up for the disability or sign up for social security. Either way the income will be minimal but I would have Medicare which would pay for the surgery I want but I have to be selective on which supplemental insurance I would want because I do NOT want to take on any debt. My last and only debt, the house, will be paid off early next year. I'm kind of trying to hold out until that's done before I have the surgery so I can securely avoid any extra debt. Going to have to replace the truck this year too. So, yeah, lotta stuff on my plate but, I have the luxury of not having to "eat it all" immediately. This way I can rest easy that Mrs. Alton will have plenty to take care of her after I check out. Of course, if Christ gets here before I pass then all this is moot anyway. Either way, we're prepared.

But all of the above is where I'm at and why I'm there. Each of us has to work out our own plans according to what works for us and our situations.

Don't worry about the world. It ain't your concern. Long ago it was told to those who would listen that the world is going to going to grow darker and uglier and so it has and it will get quite worse. Nothing can be done to change it and many of us are merely bystanders, an audience for the coming train wreck. Yeah, that stomps on the beliefs of a lot of people, nevertheless, it is what it is. Humans have been at this for over 5,000 DOCUMENTED years and outside of technological advancement humans have made NO moral or spiritual progress as we continue to lie, cheat, steal, scam, extort, rape and murder in bigger and better ways. No, this world will NOT be changing for the better by the hand of man. Deal with it accordingly. There are many forces at work far beyond human control. Deal with what you can for your life.
Thanks for the post, Alton. I've had my share of use and abuse that got me into recovery. Some of my issues are from the reckless years. Some gifts came with it too. Like 3 children. They've all grown up to be self supporting. I got clean just before my youngest was born so they've had at least one non drug using parent in their life for awhile.
I learned to put my faith in a higher power. Not so now. While doing so gave me a positive feeling, I now look at it as just a coping mechanism. Not knocking faith in any way. Just one of the things i'm experiencing.