• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Important New Forum!

michael59

heads up-butts down
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Aurumag, I think the financial stress is what bothers me the most. Sometimes I wonder if I'm just running myself into the ground just to lose it all. The battle just to cover the monthly bills doesn't let me enjoy living in the moment. I don't like losing. And yet, life goes on.
Land and gold the little things will settle out. I learned way too late; early forties and seven children late.

TAEZZAR

LADY JUSTICE ISNT BLIND, SHES JUST AFRAID TO WATCH
Midas Member
Midas Supporter

TAEZZAR

Midas Member
Midas Supporter
For yet others it's sheer orneriness which is a raw will to live.
That is where I am at.
The following is not bragging, but is meant to show how a change(s) in life style can be very beneficial to your health. It is NEVER too late to change for the better !
I quit smoking in 1969, on my own, cold turkey. Probably the single best thing I ever did. Second best was quitting scotch & other alcohol in 1983/84 at the stroke of midnight (I had no alcohol for 11 years). I now drink an occasional beer, but red wine is a regular beverage with dinner ( I do NOT get drunk). The third best thing was divorcing the bitch, (JAP) I was married to for 19 years. Yes, I was married into the SYNagogue, those people are vile !!! After both remarrying & retiring in 1992, my health & happiness went ballistic.
Yes, financial pressure will kill you.
Also, we live in a rain forest, away from people, probably the worst influence on your mental health. The animals around us don't lie, cheat, steal or gossip.
We prefer animals to most people. The air here is not polluted, the roads are not crowded & the few neighbors we have are, for the most part, great, like minded people, that mind their own business BUT are ready to help, if needed.
We were in Southern commiefornia, the hell hole of hell holes, getting out of there gave me many more years of quality life.
Point & one of my favorite sayings: If you are unhappy with where you are in life, no-one will change it for you, you must change it yourself. You are in control of your destiny, but you must think that way, for it to work.
Kudos to GIM & GIM2, this place has so much to offer & has a lot of good people that make it so great.

Last edited:

TAEZZAR

Midas Member
Midas Supporter
GM3?

The shit never did hit the fan, so here we sit. At least I'm not as old as Unc :D
From the many posts here, I think this is GIM2, part2 ! LOL

TAEZZAR

Midas Member
Midas Supporter
The shit never did hit the fan, so here we sit. At least I'm not as old as Unc :D
I missed seeing this part !
The shit was put into slo-mo, & the fan was moved farther away, so as to not alert so many people.
Similar to cooking frogs !!!
Believe me, it is in the works.

Bottom Feeder

Hypophthalmichthys molitrix
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
I must be doin somethin right (knocks on wood) because you guys are making me feel down right youthful. Taezzar, Lt Dan, BarnacleBob, Mayhem, Southfork, Hammerhead, all you guys with defibrillators, cancer, open heart surgery, fused vertebraes and hip replacements makes me feel fortunate. I'm gettin up in age (at least I'm not as old as Keef) but I have none of the problems you guys are detailing. My heart goes out to ya. My biggest problem seems to be 'what am I going to have for lunch today?'

BF

Last edited:

TAEZZAR

Midas Member
Midas Supporter
I must be doin somethin right (knocks on wood) because you guys are making me feel down right youthful. Taezzar, Lt Dan, BarnacleBob, Mayhem, Southfork, Hammerhead, all you guys with defibrillators, cancer, open heart surgery, fused vertebraes and hip replacements makes me feel fortunate. I'm gettin up in age (at least I'm not as old a Keef) but I have none of the problems you guys are detailing. My heart goes out to ya. My biggest problem seems to be 'what am I going to have for lunch today?'

BF

You must be on the right track. DO NOT CHANGE A DAMNED THING !!!!!

BarnacleBob

Founding Member
Site Mgr
Site Supporter
GM3?

That guy on the left looks suspiciously like Scorpio! That other guy, the one in the wheelchair carefully hiding & concealing his boner must be Taezzar @ 100 thinking about his gold stash....

Damn your good.... !!!

BarnacleBob

Founding Member
Site Mgr
Site Supporter
I must be doin somethin right (knocks on wood) because you guys are making me feel down right youthful. Taezzar, Lt Dan, BarnacleBob, Mayhem, Southfork, Hammerhead, all you guys with defibrillators, cancer, open heart surgery, fused vertebraes and hip replacements makes me feel fortunate. I'm gettin up in age (at least I'm not as old as Keef) but I have none of the problems you guys are detailing. My heart goes out to ya. My biggest problem seems to be 'what am I going to have for lunch today?'

BF
Yea, thats what I erroneously thought too, then one day you realize you cannot lift weight the way you once could, hit a golf ball as far or hunt up & down ridge tops all day long... then afternoon naps start becoming important in daily activities.... It all seems so normal as it takes place very slowly. Then one day, just like any other day your suddenly struck down and you get to experience the "oh shit" moment! Once the aha moment has passed you begin thinking about your past experience and start dating when the symptoms began appearing.... Then you start feeling really stupid for being so ignorant. Like I said, disease & aging is a slow process that builds up, then one day youlook in the mirror and say where did all the time go.... Fortunately the expansion of medical & dietary knowledge, reasearch & technology means we live on average about 15 - 20+ yrs longer than our grandparents did....

I have been very lucky as I have mostly ENJOYED a life where I could eat, drink, smoke & rabble rouse without any immediate medical consequences... My CABG X5 was just history catching up with the present time... It sure was a lot of fun, actually I never thought I would live to see sixty, much less remain as healthy as I am today with the CABG blip.... I expect the CABG, change in diet & quit smoking has prolly extended my life 12 - 15 years, which puts me at the mean average life span of 76 years for U.S. males.

I'll keep pushing the "fun" envelope, played 27 holes of golf yesterday with my script of nitro in my golf bag... For me, quality of life is much more important than quantity! Buts thats just me.... I dont have a death wish, but I've come to terms on my mortality & the expectation of death very soon, no sense in fearing it! When parts wear out, get them replaced or patched then go back to living is my motto.

Bottom Feeder

Midas Member
Midas Supporter
I, unh, think you were wrong about that guy on the left. Here's scorp lookin in the window scoping out an easy food resource.

slide-1-colonial-poplin-nursing-home-patients-on-porch-980x300.jpg

I ain't too far ahead of you at 72, but I don't play golf. Or basketball. or football or tennis... ect
I used to hike and climb hills — but that's in the past
mostly I just tinker..

BF

Last edited:

TAEZZAR

Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Should it be sub forums? Back, neck, shoulder, wrist, heart, knee, foot so people can find what they are looking for? Then maybe a other for odd stuff.
Naw, this gives a better opportunity for thread drift, which can be interesting !!! :belly laugh:

TAEZZAR

Midas Member
Midas Supporter
I have been very lucky as I have mostly ENJOYED a life where I could eat, drink, smoke & rabble rouse without any immediate medical consequences... My CABG X5 was just history catching up with the present time... It sure was a lot of fun, actually I never thought I would live to see sixty, much less remain as healthy as I am today with the CABG blip.... I expect the CABG, change in diet & quit smoking has prolly extended my life 12 - 15 years, which puts me at the mean average life span of 76 years for U.S. males.
I too cheated the grim reaper in my life style (just in a different way). I just sold my 2 Suzuki 500 quads, the hip stopped me from being able to kick start the beasts.
I liked riding the sand dune upwards of 90 mph & getting air at 50 to 70 mph. Those days are behind me but I am still looking at tuna fishing up to 60 miles out.
Like you said:
When parts wear out, get them replaced or patched then go back to living is my motto.
IMG_0001.jpg Sold my Quads for this 4 wheeler.jpg

IMG_0002.jpg MY QUADS 022 (Medium).jpg

mayhem

Oh my, Oh my.
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
You find your reason(s) to stay positive. For a number of us it's God. For others it's family. For yet others it's sheer orneriness which is a raw will to live. Whatever works for YOU is what you do. One has to realize that the human flesh does NOT go on forever. After humans have reached their mid 20's we begin the descent, the decline of health, the walk to our long home in the earth. It's not morose or dark or evil. It's merely a fact of life. This body, this shell, this vessel is temporary. Here one minute, gone the next. This, my friend, is why it is necessary to embrace the realities of life that inform us that there is so much more to life beyond being mere breathing, living and dying flesh.

Before I reached 30 I was ready to check out. The endless and debilitating pain of repetitive back injury, the anguish of not being to even hold or play with my sons, the depression of failure as a provider for Mrs. Alton...yeah...I had about I could deal with and I was in the process of packing it in. To this day I don't know the "how" but I do know it was because of Mrs. Alton praying for me and "the worm turned" as it were. I'm pretty sure I finally touched bottom because one step further down was the grave and the only other way to go was up. The hardest thing was accepting that there were issues with my health that I couldn't change so I had to come up with workarounds. This was especially difficult in a world that was now accelerating it's changes in ALL categories, social, business, government,money, you name it, it was changing, changing radically and changing fast and none for the better. Kind of like jumping on an accelerating merry-go-round and trying to hold on for dear life.

My personal "SHTF" described above was about 35 years ago. It was only by God's hand and Mrs. Alton's support that I was able to do what I have and prosper as I have. Yeah, it's all their fault. And as expected my body continues to deteriorate. This is neither God's or Mrs. Alton's fault. It's merely an ugly fact of this life on earth. Call it Adam's fault, sin, entropy, whatever you understand, it still limits the length of life here and what we can do in this short period of time we call life.

Nowadays, the deterioration of my back has fully been consummated. It turns out I have stenosis, degenerative disc disease, congenital narrowing of the spinal canal, arthritis and as an added bonus, diabetes. My lowest disc is now ground down to barely a piece of snakeskin and the one above it is bulged and decaying. I have to keep a cane handy and take some pretty strong medication to keep going. It's the effects of the medication that are hardest to deal with since I have dealt with drugs and addiction before. That SHTF episode capped off my youth and, fortunately, was long over before Mrs. Alton and the boys came along. Anyway, becoming a legal addict is quite a personal setback, then there's the loss of memory which is beyond annoying, the drugs affect my balance and I have successfully proven that by taking a couple of falls this winter, it causes my right hand to shake which makes it really difficult to write or even hold a cup of coffee or put food in my mouth at times. Yes, I have been tweaking both my dosage and the timing of when I take my meds which has been helpful at minimizing these effects. Yes, surgery is expected to help but the insurance company is the big obstacle at this point because the procedure I have decided on is "too new" and insurance will NOT pay for it so we're shopping alternatives. I'm also at that place where finances are reaching the critical stage and I can either sign up for the disability or sign up for social security. Either way the income will be minimal but I would have Medicare which would pay for the surgery I want but I have to be selective on which supplemental insurance I would want because I do NOT want to take on any debt. My last and only debt, the house, will be paid off early next year. I'm kind of trying to hold out until that's done before I have the surgery so I can securely avoid any extra debt. Going to have to replace the truck this year too. So, yeah, lotta stuff on my plate but, I have the luxury of not having to "eat it all" immediately. This way I can rest easy that Mrs. Alton will have plenty to take care of her after I check out. Of course, if Christ gets here before I pass then all this is moot anyway. Either way, we're prepared.

But all of the above is where I'm at and why I'm there. Each of us has to work out our own plans according to what works for us and our situations.

Don't worry about the world. It ain't your concern. Long ago it was told to those who would listen that the world is going to going to grow darker and uglier and so it has and it will get quite worse. Nothing can be done to change it and many of us are merely bystanders, an audience for the coming train wreck. Yeah, that stomps on the beliefs of a lot of people, nevertheless, it is what it is. Humans have been at this for over 5,000 DOCUMENTED years and outside of technological advancement humans have made NO moral or spiritual progress as we continue to lie, cheat, steal, scam, extort, rape and murder in bigger and better ways. No, this world will NOT be changing for the better by the hand of man. Deal with it accordingly. There are many forces at work far beyond human control. Deal with what you can for your life.
Much the same here with the spinal stenosis Had two surgeries back in 2012. Helped then but as you know the disease just keeps on. Now i'm in a place where they can no longer operate.
Plus 1 on the meds. Learning which ones give you relief without sending you off for a nap is a long process. I'm still on Perc's to this day. A kind person sent me a vape pen, and yesterday for the first time just said screw it how high can I get. Well pretty damn high, much more than I want to deal with at my age, but it was fun.

On supplemental Insurance for Medicare I will advise you to see if Bankers Life/Colonial Penn sell in your area. Wife and I have been with them for 10 years now and the monthly premium hasn't risen one cent in ten years, plus they are cheaper than AARP/United Healthcare.

Yes Jesus has been the rock that I have stood on through all these problems, and there have been many. When I get depressed and think ending it all would be the answer I go take a nap praying myself to sleep. Wake up OK usually.

mayhem

Oh my, Oh my.
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
GM3?

And I still have a whole bedroom filled with survival stuff, MH, 5 gal containers, and of course TP. Fifteen years ago I was dang sure I would be needing it by now. Sorry I missed the picture. My batteries in my HoverRound are dead.

sandblaster

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
Boy, after reading about everyones ills, I'm thinking maybe I did something right and got em out of the way. Had my back surgeries between 23-60 (7), heart attacks (2) when I turned 40, stents put in in my 50's (7). Now I'm just another senior teenager.

mayhem

Oh my, Oh my.
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
I put them off and I'm paying the price. Daughter started have neck problem when she turned 40. Had neurosurgeon replace a disk and did a fusion. She is absolutely pain and discomfort free now. Maybe the younger you have the work done the better you recover. Ex wife had lower back fusion done when she was in her early 40's also and today at 75 she still can put her hands on the floor.

Alton

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Much the same here with the spinal stenosis Had two surgeries back in 2012. Helped then but as you know the disease just keeps on. Now i'm in a place where they can no longer operate.
Plus 1 on the meds. Learning which ones give you relief without sending you off for a nap is a long process. I'm still on Perc's to this day. A kind person sent me a vape pen, and yesterday for the first time just said screw it how high can I get. Well pretty damn high, much more than I want to deal with at my age, but it was fun.

On supplemental Insurance for Medicare I will advise you to see if Bankers Life/Colonial Penn sell in your area. Wife and I have been with them for 10 years now and the monthly premium hasn't risen one cent in ten years, plus they are cheaper than AARP/United Healthcare.

Yes Jesus has been the rock that I have stood on through all these problems, and there have been many. When I get depressed and think ending it all would be the answer I go take a nap praying myself to sleep. Wake up OK usually.
Yep. Perc's here too. My father in law had the usual/traditional back surgery and he got on the surgery merry-go-round. A chat with my doctor and he told me the usual surgical procedure would put me on the surgery merry-go-round too so I would be havong surgery about every 3-5 years. That's more excitement than I wanted to sign up for. He suggested that I look into a new device called a "vertiflex" by Superion: https://www.vertiflexspine.com/

I've checked it out and I have the number of the company rep in case I have more questions. Looks like and improvement but there will be NO escaping the surgery merry-go-round. The improvement being more time between surgeries and improved flexibility. Sounds like the better deal to me.

Yeah, this "medical marijuana" is just too damned potent and too damned expensive. Used to by Mexican weed, good enough buzz and $10 - $15 for a lid (a big ounce) Later had Colombian redbud or gold for $300/pound. That would barely buy an ounce today! Basically REAL medical marijuana is eaten RAW. No smoking, no baking, no cooking. Juice it up, put it in your yogurt or in a salad or sprinkle it on an already cooked pizza. If you feel like burnin' a bud, have at it and no one will have to tie a string to your toe to keep you anchored to the earth. A friend of mine is a machinist and I had him make me a brass pipe, maybe 1 1/4" long x 1/4" dia and the though hole is the diameter of a QTip shaft. The "bowl" is about a 1/4" deep. No screen is used and just a pinch off a bud will fill it up and give you 1 maybe 2 hits. This is STILL too much!. I don't smoke it every day or even every week so a quarter oz lasts about a year, year and half. First few times I tried it I tought I might flip or something. Just way too high. Though it didn't relieve any pain it did relax me to the point that joints popped which relieved stresses in the rest of my back. I will also credit the new pot with making it easier to get my prescription for perc's lowered in quantity...by 25%. I now am prescribed 1 pill every 6 hours and I've been reducing the dosage but shortening the time...half a pill every 3 - 5 hours and it's working to keep me more "even" with about the same amount of pain but less shaking and a bit easier to access my memory. I still ave to use my cane from time to time especially after I have been busy or am getting over a recent fall. So smoking it does help in unexpected ways. Well, at least for me. I still think less potent stuff would be better to smoke then maybe produce the current "medical" stuff to eat. But, that remains just my opinion which seems to buck the current trend.

And thanks for the insurance tips! I do like the idea of not having to make payments on someone else's Jaguar! If I got the info straight, go on socsec now and I get Medicare immediately. If I go on disability I have to wait a year before getting Medicare but being on disability will make me eligible for MedicAid which covers more than Medicare. Then when eligible for Medicare it would be more of a supplement to the MedicAid. Sounds goofy enough to be a government deal.

And yes, pray every day. It does work if you believe.

Alton

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
I too cheated the grim reaper in my life style (just in a different way). I just sold my 2 Suzuki 500 quads, the hip stopped me from being able to kick start the beasts.
I liked riding the sand dune upwards of 90 mph & getting air at 50 to 70 mph. Those days are behind me but I am still looking at tuna fishing up to 60 miles out.
Like you said:

upload_2018-3-5_17-51-26.png
That is DANGEROUS! Made me about fall out of my chair laughing!

hammerhead

Morphing
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
At 75 with significant health problems, I have felt sorry for myself at times, but after reading some of these posts, I feel lucky. Been divorced for some time, and found that the available women have more problems than I do, so I have remained single. I guess the thing that scares me most is being by myself at times of any health crisis that may appear. And like most of us, my children are to wrapped up in themselves to be of any help when I might need them. They will appear with an appearance of emotion in my final days, wondering what my estate will have for them. That's the reality of the situation, but what keeps me going is my faith in GOD. And the fact that I have enough financial backup to last me the rest of my life. My best to everyone on this site because we all have our narrow road to follow and it is not a "yellow brick one".
Lucka, It must be frightening being alone. I hope u have some people that u can count on. Sometimes I wish I didn't have so much to look after but it is that which keeps me going.

I always thought it was a parents job to leave their kids something when they pass. Pops died young but left 5 kids and a widow along with a large trust fund. Trust fund was big secret. Was told it was none of our business which may have been true. Was demeaned when enquiring what it was about which bought feelings of distrust of my parents. YMMV

luckabuck

I made mine in the stock market!
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Hammerhead,
Unfortunately, I am not alone in this situation. When I talk to many people my age, I find that their children only contact them when they want something. Parental obligations have fallen by the wayside with the latest generation of kids. I took care of aged relatives, but this is not happening with today's generation.

TAEZZAR

Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Are those before and after pictures there, Taezz?
:D:D
BF
YES !!!
The shots of the Suzuki's were taken before I graduated to my new 4 wheeler. There was a caption for that photo that did not show up for some reason.
It is now at the bottom of this photo.
Sold my Quads for this 4 wheeler.jpg

Sold my Quads for this 4 wheeler

Silver

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Fortunately the expansion of medical & dietary knowledge, reasearch & technology means we live on average about 15 - 20+ yrs longer than our grandparents did....
I can only wish I live as long as most of my grandparents - grandmothers were 94 and 96, my dad is 92 - finally had to put away his golf clubs. His big golf moment was shooting his age at 78 and making a hole in one on the same round - Arnold Palmer sent him an autographed picture and a nice note, he displays it proudly. My Dad smoked for 40 years, quit cold turkey when he retired at 55 - one reason he retired early was so he could quit smoking, couldn't do with the pressures of his job. Life saving decision.

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
My friend is 62 and just got went to the emergency room and had a 2-3 day stay in the hospital for COPD symptoms. I'm his only friend or family member that rags on him for smoking. It was successful with another friend as he did end up quitting after 40+ years. L0ts of will power needed not easily found.

Joe King

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
L0ts of will power needed not easily found.
That's because it's a physically additive substance. Ie: he's got one of them dirty monkeys on his back.

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
go take a nap praying myself to sleep

I found this helped me with insomnia - PRAY . I do the old "Now, I lay me down to sleep..." prayer I learned as a kid.
I can be out before I finish the prayer with "Amen". And I add a part to the prayer for those I am praying for .

GOLDBRIX

Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
That's because it's a physically additive substance. Ie: he's got one of them dirty monkeys on his back.

I do NOT know myself but I heard nicotine was as hard to kick as cocaine.

STORY Time:
One of the inmates I dealt with was in the book Bluegrass Conspiracy . Former Cop, Former Lawyer, Pilot, Died a drug runner. He died jumping out of a plane and splatted on a driveway outside of Knoxville, Tn. He jumped with the last duffle bag of coke attached to his waste. The bag that was attached to him by paracord, ended up wrapping the cord around him and he never got to pull the rip-cord.
Homeowner had got up, fixed a cup of coffee, was enjoying his view of his property when he saw the body, the bag, and several 1 T.oz St. Gauden's scattered on his driveway. A map was found on the body with drop "X"s. Plane end up running out of fuel and crashed in North Carolina mountains.
LONG WAY to get to this:
A year later a park ranger in Georgia found a dead black bear with its nose shoved into a duffle bag of cocaine. Bear had ripped it open, took a snort, and more snorts,... and never left the scene, DRT.

Task Force and FBI I.D.ed the duffle bag as part of the many drops the ex-inmate made.
The working theory was inmate/pilot got paranoid thinking DEA was shadowing his flight in another plane, and he jumped with the last bag and gold coins.
Being close to Knoxville he would have been close enough to call Kentucky "friends" to pick him up .

He did have that aire that he was smarter than the "average bear" and could get away with everything. WRONG !!

Bottom Feeder

Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Cool story there, Brick O Gold. Perhaps you could flesh it out a bit and make it into novel.

BF

GOLDBRIX

Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Cool story there, Brick O Gold. Perhaps you could flesh it out a bit and make it into novel.

BF
I'm pretty sure BLUEGRASS CONSPIRACY does tell much the same in one chapter. They were some badboys, check your local library.

Bottom Feeder

Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Heh, yeah after I read your post a little better I figured that was probably the case. :oops:

BF

GOLDBRIX

Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling

TAEZZAR

Midas Member
Midas Supporter
I play golf with a retired MD that also had a hip replacement around the same time I had my CABG procedure. He was back playing golf three months after his hip replacement. Says the hip replacement was the best thing he has done in years... His golf game has improved 35+ percent since his replacement. I hope your outcome is as good as his has been.... I'd say "or" better but I dont think it could be any better.
Thanks BB, I am now 3 weeks & 3 days post op. I am walking a 1/4 mile twice a day. My PT is great & the sessions have been very beneficial.
My surgeon says I can go tuna fishing in Aug, only if I take her along !
This has been an education & a pleasant one at that ! I wanted to watch the whole thing, but ........ hahahahah
I had a spinal & I actually heard the doc hammer that spike into my femur !

NEW HIP.jpg

BarnacleBob

Founding Member
Site Mgr
Site Supporter
Thanks BB, I am now 3 weeks & 3 days post op. I am walking a 1/4 mile twice a day. My PT is great & the sessions have been very beneficial.
My surgeon says I can go tuna fishing in Aug, only if I take her along !
This has been an education & a pleasant one at that ! I wanted to watch the whole thing, but ........ hahahahah
I had a spinal & I actually heard the doc hammer that spike into my femur !

View attachment 101082
We walk 2 - 5 miles a day weather permitting... I remember post op struggling to walk 100', I added (pushed) about 15% - 25% additional distance per day until I could walk a mile each way. We live in a very desolate area, I remember thinking & fearing of walking to far as I went & then being incapable of making it back... Never happened. Sure feels good after a 2+ mile walk.

Glad to learn your recovery is continuing to go well with no major complications arising. Keep on walking, its good for ya!

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
This topic will be interesting to me, at 59 I have not seen a doctor in 9 years, I plan to go see one when I turn 60....but then after reading some posts here I may put it off till I hit 65.....I thank God every single day, some days every single hour....

Last edited:

Krag

Planet earth
Platinum Bling
My sister is stage 4/5 kidney disease with 10-12% function which exacerbates her manic depressive condition. Hopefully in a couple of months she will be starting treatment with dialysis. I'm just curious if others have witnessed this type of thing?

Last edited:

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
OK, leg cramps, I get them bad !!! I take magnesium & it helps, I drink lots of water during the day & it helps. The big one I found is to put a bar or 2 of soap, I use Irish Spring, under the bottom bed sheet about where your cramped leg would be. This one cut my craps by 75% or more, no B.S..
BUT I still get them, just not all the time like I used to get them.

So, does anyone have another remedy to get rid of leg/foot night cramps?
My yoga instructor has kids that play volley ball in school.

She informed me that they keep yellow mustard packs available for cramps when they're playing.

Apparently, there's something in mustard that gets rid of a cramp? She swears by it.