• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Important New Forum!

TAEZZAR

LADY JUSTICE ISNT BLIND, SHES JUST AFRAID TO WATCH
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Total knee replacement report:
Surgery was on Tuesday, 10 July at 7:30 am, woke up in recovery at 10 am, could not move my legs until 11 am, that allowed me to move to my room. 12:30 pm I had lunch.
At this point, I am feeling relatively well for what I went thru, as you will see, that changed. At 2:30 pm, I was tested for range of motion & pain. My range of motion was impressive & pain was near zero. I was feeling like this was going to be a cake walk. My first walk was at 3 pm & then again at 5:30, all went well. Next walk was at 5 am (my call). Doctor & pys. therapist (PT) show up at 9 am. Nice conversation, with doc saying that my knee was as bad as he has ever seen, I have since heard that they say that a lot. He said I had huge bone spur that wrapped around my knee causing the pain & difficulty in walking. He also said that I should have had the surgery years ago.
I was released to go home at 11 am, but was requested to stay & eat my lunch, I did. Headed home at 1 pm, all is going very well, so far.
Friday was first day of PT. All went well & the PT guy said I was doing great, what he didn't tell me was, what was hiding around the corner for Friday. He & I will talk about that tomorrow.
Friday, day 3, All hell breaks loose. Pain is off the charts & knee is STIFF & I can barely walk. I called the doctor, spoke to a lady that reassured me that I had entered "day 3" & all was normal. It is now day 5 & the pain is tolerable without oxymoron, now taking Tylenol 500 (2) only.i
Advice for Shoot & any others looking to do this, FOLLOW THE RULES !!!! Do not cheat, do not think that you are strong & can short cut.
More after PT tomorrow.

We removed the ice machine wrapping for these photos. The hospital sent us home with an ice machine that works well, ice gel packs are good too. IMG_1338.jpg IMG_1340.jpg

Garyw

DemoRats are Party of KKK
Silver Miner
OK, leg cramps, I get them bad !!! I take magnesium & it helps, I drink lots of water during the day & it helps. The big one I found is to put a bar or 2 of soap, I use Irish Spring, under the bottom bed sheet about where your cramped leg would be. This one cut my craps by 75% or more, no B.S..
BUT I still get them, just not all the time like I used to get them.

So, does anyone have another remedy to get rid of leg/foot night cramps?
Quit getting in and out of your boat when it is still on the trailer. worked for me.

southfork

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
Had both hands operated on years back for CTS, knee for torn cartilage and ligament, didnt want to go the ligament replacement therapy for 6 months so still have that, leared to live with it thru leg exercises, have bad torn rotator cuffs, was scheduled for surgery and decided to have massive heart attack instead, went into congestive heart failure, was in ICU for 10 days and another few days in recovery, that cost the insurance company a few bucks, if memory serves it cost me around 1500 , had good insurance back then before Oatsama fked it all up, also have a pacemaker and defibrillator , got the one with bad leads from Medtronic, was in a class action suit, Medtronic got the judges to say their product wasnt covered under some bullshit law, leads have high failure rate so it might not work when i need it to or might shock me when i dont need shocked, had the pacemaker timechanged for battery 5 1/2 years ago, as theyre getting ready to knock me out surgeon says hey you want new leads since you have the defective ones ?? Im like WTF know you ask me, I opted to keep the old ones in place, something to think of when battery starts to get low in a year or two, they say danger is greater switching leads than them failing as your heart muscles grown around the leads. Got bad bone spurs in neck and bad separation l5 to spine, just had the gall bladder out in Oct now fighting issues with gut and digestion, also had a stint put in one of the arteries round 3 years back , forgot about that one. Other than that I'm in great shape for pushing 68 .
Hopefully they found my gut
Issue ,have surgery in am for celiac artery compression syndrome, all prayers appreciated

spinalcracker

On a mail train.
Silver Miner
Site Supporter ++
Get better soon Taezzar. ..I heard knees were worse than a hip job...
I have a partial hip replacement and its been about 10 years of learning to live with pain...VA botch job.
Stick to the PT....those exercises have saved my arse.

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
S.F. My prayers will have you in them my friend.
and
Wishing You the Best,
Gb

TAEZZAR

Midas Member
Midas Supporter
S.F. , I wish you a rapid, pain free, complete recovery.

TAEZZAR

Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Here is a one week view. Pain is subsiding a bit, but it has a ways to go ! :sick 2:

Stick to the PT....those exercises have saved my arse.
Thanks, cracker. PT is happy with my progress
FIRST VIEW - Copy.jpg

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Old Folks Remedy: Cod Liver Oil ( OR Extra Virgin Olive) works. I've taken 3000mg of Fish oil before going to bed and found it to be efficient for a morning movement. AND I didn't suffer back wash burps as during the day. Very vivid dreams too sleeping on Fish Oil.
FWIW
DYODD

TAEZZAR

Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Bionic TAEZZAR checking in.
The hip has been 101% for a long time, I don't even think about it. BUT, the knee is now into month #8 and is still trying to get back to normal, but is functioning quite well.
My new issue is my eyes, I had cataract surgery 2 weeks ago in my left eye & I am now seeing very well out of my new lens. The new lens sees very clear & whites are white, instead of amber like my old right eye. It seems that as we age our eyes go dim. I would have never realized it without having the surgery. I will do the right eye AFTER tuna season. I missed tuna season last year & I won't miss it again.
We should count our blessing that we live in the era that we do. Medical procedures are giving us a great quality of life in our "golden" years.

Last edited:

spinalcracker

On a mail train.
Silver Miner
Site Supporter ++
Some days are a real grind.

I get tired of dealing with the pain 7 days a week 365 days a year.

My big battle lately?

...just trying to stay positive while dealing with the pain.

I’ve been winning the war ....

....but I ain’t gonna lie , I’ve lost a few battles and got real negative real fast....

And nothing in my bag of goodies looks very appealing....

So some days are a real grind.

I just hope I keep having more good days than grind days because that would be a real ass kicker to solve.

michael59

heads up-butts down
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Some days are a real grind.

I get tired of dealing with the pain 7 days a week 365 days a year.

My big battle lately?

...just trying to stay positive while dealing with the pain.

I’ve been winning the war ....

....but I ain’t gonna lie , I’ve lost a few battles and got real negative real fast....

And nothing in my bag of goodies looks very appealing....

So some days are a real grind.

I just hope I keep having more good days than grind days because that would be a real ass kicker to solve.
Bud, I just made peace with it; pain. I had to because the hand fulls of pills and the whiskey/vodka chasers were going nowhere. But still I seem to prefer beer and the occasional bottle, dammmm nasty trade offs. Hell I can't run across the street, like at all, but I can grind that knee for miles as I walk and I have done so. This does not make me tuff or a man's man(whatever that is,) all it shows is I made peace with my pain.

TAEZZAR

Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Bud, I just made peace with it; pain. I had to because the hand fulls of pills and the whiskey/vodka chasers were going nowhere. But still I seem to prefer beer and the occasional bottle, dammmm nasty trade offs. Hell I can't run across the street, like at all, but I can grind that knee for miles as I walk and I have done so. This does not make me tuff or a man's man(whatever that is,) all it shows is I made peace with my pain.
Mikey, have you tried CBD oil or even make yer own with home grown, so you know the quality.

spinalcracker

On a mail train.
Silver Miner
Site Supporter ++
That’s the psychological war and one uses whatever works when it’s pain.

The older I get , saying something like , “This shit gets old.” , becomes reality.

michael59

heads up-butts down
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Mikey, have you tried CBD oil or even make yer own with home grown, so you know the quality.
no more drugs as that got way out of hand. The girl does the oil stuff and of course she was a pot smoker when I met her but she is doing the oil stuff now so, so...so I guess I get residuals? I most likely will test positive for thc even though I ain't sparked a number since I was 23 or so.

michael59

heads up-butts down
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
The older I get , saying something like , “This shit gets old.” , becomes reality.
no really, f'n really, this shit is old. old age is for assholes who don't know when to quit.

spinalcracker

On a mail train.
Silver Miner
Site Supporter ++
no more drugs as that got way out of hand. The girl does the oil stuff and of course she was a pot smoker when I met her but she is doing the oil stuff now so, so...so I guess I get residuals? I most likely will test positive for thc even though I ain't sparked a number since I was 23 or so.
You will NOT test positive for second hand pot smoke.

You might want to try some of your girls oil.

It’s not dope.

It’s medicine and it’s good medicine , strong too.

TAEZZAR

Midas Member
Midas Supporter

It’s not dope.

I am TAEZZAR & I approve this message ! :holding hands::gracious::laughing::laughing:

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
We should count our blessing that we live in the era that we do. Medical procedures are giving us a great quality of life in our "golden" years.
Star Trek Next Generation is just around the bend....

An 85 year old lady told me once: "Getting old ain't for sissies!"

Strawboss

America...Love it...or GTFO
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
I am sorry that you guys are dealing with the stuff you are dealing with.

I have sat here for the past 5 minutes or so trying to figure out how I can convey to each of you that are suffering in one form or another my deep felt sense of empathy...but instead my mind drifted to thinking along a different tangent...

Humans fight for life. We do everything we can to optimize them physically...and to extend them any way possible - even if for only a few more months. These struggles are evidence to me of how highly valued life is...and not just by a small fringe group, but by people everywhere... Experts tell us that the majority of lifetime medical expenses are incurred at end of life - as the battle to extend it just a little bit more is prevalent.

Life. Such a beautiful thing. Its so amazingly wonderful. We all cherish it. With everything we have within us...

Imagine eternal life...and what that means...and its freely available to one and all.

Jesus is the only real hope any of us really has...I say that from time to time and I deeply believe that. I consider you guys friends even though we have never met.

I want my friends to be with me forever...

Just sayin'

PS - God made weed. And said it was good. If it works - try it.

TAEZZAR

Midas Member
Midas Supporter

Strawboss

America...Love it...or GTFO
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
And there is always someone else that has it worse.
And amazingly...sometimes some of the people that have it the worst are actually some of the happiest people you will ever meet...

Crazy - but true...

hammerhead

Morphing
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
And amazingly...sometimes some of the people that have it the worst are actually some of the happiest people you will ever meet...

Crazy - but true...
Gotta wonder what makes them tick. I get very frustrated when I am not able to do the simplest things but I keep on pushing on. Sometimes to the point I pass out. I see people that are happy with just getting by and I sometimes wish I could do that also, but noooo.

TAEZZAR

Midas Member
Midas Supporter

ttazzman

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter

It’s not dope.

Just this last week got some CBD oil for my step dad (80+) for joint pain.......any recommendations on dosage and how to take or other considerations to enhance its effects?

TAEZZAR

Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Just this last week got some CBD oil for my step dad (80+) for joint pain.......any recommendations on dosage and how to take or other considerations to enhance its effects?
Usually start with a few drops under the tongue. Wait about 2 hours, if no effect, try a couple of drops. Point, go slow so he does not get too much at once.
JMHO

Zed

Size doesn't count!
Midas Member
Site Supporter
When I stretch with my toes pointed down and away from my body, I have a huge problem with leg cramps, and I can stop the cramps only by standing on my toes. I am training myself to stretch with my toes curled up toward my body, and I do not get leg cramps when I do that correctly.
Supplement copper, zinc, and magnesium (take copper and zinc separately they conflict in the gut) AND get a grounded undersheet for your bed. You probably have enough iron, the problem arises because you need the others in order to use iron correctly.

I know it sounds a little hokey but grounding is legit, your body needs voltage to build and rebuild and the earth supplies about the right amount.

YouTube "voltage is healing" Dr Tennant. Grounding is one way to get the voltage.

On top of that, you need good nutrition (Moringa Powder is good as is Kelp Powder) and Oxygen (aka exercise)....muscles are piezo electric so this also helps with voltage levels.

I've got a 95 year old mother in law, she cramped badly, on all sorts to stop it, the grounding sheet alone fixed it.

If you get into this stuff learn about Herx reactions, you can feel generally 'off' in the short term as a part of a longer-term recovery process if you have chronic issues.

TAEZZAR

Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Supplement copper, zinc, and magnesium (take copper and zinc separately they conflict in the gut) AND get a grounded undersheet for your bed. You probably have enough iron, the problem arises because you need the others in order to use iron correctly.

I know it sounds a little hokey but grounding is legit, your body needs voltage to build and rebuild and the earth supplies about the right amount.

YouTube "voltage is healing" Dr Tennant. Grounding is one way to get the voltage.

On top of that, you need good nutrition (Moringa Powder is good as is Kelp Powder) and Oxygen (aka exercise)....muscles are piezo electric so this also helps with voltage levels.

I've got a 95 year old mother in law, she cramped badly, on all sorts to stop it, the grounding sheet alone fixed it.

If you get into this stuff learn about Herx reactions, you can feel generally 'off' in the short term as a part of a longer-term recovery process if you have chronic issues.
I had back of my leg, thigh craps (Charley horse) almost nightly. EXTREMELY miserable. I read about soap, yea soap. I put a bar or two of Irish Spring under my bottom sheet close to my cramp area and I went from cramps 5 nights a week to 5 A YEAR !!!

Zed

Size doesn't count!
Midas Member
Site Supporter
I had back of my leg, thigh craps (Charley horse) almost nightly. EXTREMELY miserable. I read about soap, yea soap. I put a bar or two of Irish Spring under my bottom sheet close to my cramp area and I went from cramps 5 nights a week to 5 A YEAR !!!
It is amazing how well some simple remedies work.

Another mineral that is lacking in most and is very helpful with arthritis is Boron. We need very small amounts but we need it and it is depleted in our soils and food chain. I make a solution from Borax that cost cents for a month's worth. It is amazing and it also boosts 'available testosterone' (not total, just better access to what you naturally make by around 30%) as well, great for the mood.

TAEZZAR

Midas Member
Midas Supporter
It is amazing how well some simple remedies work.

Another mineral that is lacking in most and is very helpful with arthritis is Boron. We need very small amounts but we need it and it is depleted in our soils and food chain. I make a solution from Borax that cost cents for a month's worth. It is amazing and it also boosts 'available testosterone' (not total, just better access to what you naturally make by around 30%) as well, great for the mood.
OK, here is my "BIG ONE". What is a muscle cramp? It is the involuntary contraction of a muscle(s). Our heart is a muscle & I think a heart attack is a muscle cramp. Magnesium Malate or Citrate are two of the best, as you may know these compounds are used to help prevent muscle cramps & HEART ATTACKS too.
This article lists 7 symptoms of magnesium deficiency.
  • Muscle Twitches and Cramps.
  • Mental Disorders. Mental disorders are another possible consequence of magnesium deficiency. ...
  • Osteoporosis. ...
  • Fatigue and Muscle Weakness. ...
  • High Blood Pressure. ...
  • Asthma. ...
  • Irregular Heartbeat.
Dec 15, 2017

Merlin

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
And, now for a brief primer on bladder cancer. If you have to have cancer, bladder cancer is the way to go. My primary advice: if you see blood in your urine, go to your doctor! If the blood goes away, it doesn't mean that the cancer is gone.

Lt Dan

Gold Pirate
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Has anyone tried bee sting therapy?
1558434884805.png

My bees sting me, it doesn't hurt much, mean little buggers, really, it doesn't hurt all that much, just does nothing at all for any other pains in any other part of my body. Apitherapy is what it is called... link at the bold words below.
https://www.verywellhealth.com/the-lowdown-on-bee-sting-therapy-88765
Or Bee sting therapy is a type of alternative therapy that involves administering bee stings at specific points on the body. Also known as bee venom therapy and apitherapy, bee sting therapy is said to aid in the treatment of various health conditions.

In some cases, bee sting therapy involves injecting bee venom (rather than using live bees).

Last edited: