• Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
  • There are no markets
  • "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Important New Forum!

TAEZZAR

LADY JUSTICE ISNT BLIND, SHES JUST AFRAID TO WATCH
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Total knee replacement report:
Surgery was on Tuesday, 10 July at 7:30 am, woke up in recovery at 10 am, could not move my legs until 11 am, that allowed me to move to my room. 12:30 pm I had lunch.
At this point, I am feeling relatively well for what I went thru, as you will see, that changed. At 2:30 pm, I was tested for range of motion & pain. My range of motion was impressive & pain was near zero. I was feeling like this was going to be a cake walk. My first walk was at 3 pm & then again at 5:30, all went well. Next walk was at 5 am (my call). Doctor & pys. therapist (PT) show up at 9 am. Nice conversation, with doc saying that my knee was as bad as he has ever seen, I have since heard that they say that a lot. He said I had huge bone spur that wrapped around my knee causing the pain & difficulty in walking. He also said that I should have had the surgery years ago.
I was released to go home at 11 am, but was requested to stay & eat my lunch, I did. Headed home at 1 pm, all is going very well, so far.
Friday was first day of PT. All went well & the PT guy said I was doing great, what he didn't tell me was, what was hiding around the corner for Friday. He & I will talk about that tomorrow.
Friday, day 3, All hell breaks loose. Pain is off the charts & knee is STIFF & I can barely walk. I called the doctor, spoke to a lady that reassured me that I had entered "day 3" & all was normal. It is now day 5 & the pain is tolerable without oxymoron, now taking Tylenol 500 (2) only.i
Advice for Shoot & any others looking to do this, FOLLOW THE RULES !!!! Do not cheat, do not think that you are strong & can short cut.
More after PT tomorrow.

We removed the ice machine wrapping for these photos. The hospital sent us home with an ice machine that works well, ice gel packs are good too.

Attachments

Garyw

The Military gave me Defoliant Exposure
Silver Miner
OK, leg cramps, I get them bad !!! I take magnesium & it helps, I drink lots of water during the day & it helps. The big one I found is to put a bar or 2 of soap, I use Irish Spring, under the bottom bed sheet about where your cramped leg would be. This one cut my craps by 75% or more, no B.S..
BUT I still get them, just not all the time like I used to get them.

So, does anyone have another remedy to get rid of leg/foot night cramps?
Quit getting in and out of your boat when it is still on the trailer. worked for me.

southfork

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Had both hands operated on years back for CTS, knee for torn cartilage and ligament, didnt want to go the ligament replacement therapy for 6 months so still have that, leared to live with it thru leg exercises, have bad torn rotator cuffs, was scheduled for surgery and decided to have massive heart attack instead, went into congestive heart failure, was in ICU for 10 days and another few days in recovery, that cost the insurance company a few bucks, if memory serves it cost me around 1500 , had good insurance back then before Oatsama fked it all up, also have a pacemaker and defibrillator , got the one with bad leads from Medtronic, was in a class action suit, Medtronic got the judges to say their product wasnt covered under some bullshit law, leads have high failure rate so it might not work when i need it to or might shock me when i dont need shocked, had the pacemaker timechanged for battery 5 1/2 years ago, as theyre getting ready to knock me out surgeon says hey you want new leads since you have the defective ones ?? Im like WTF know you ask me, I opted to keep the old ones in place, something to think of when battery starts to get low in a year or two, they say danger is greater switching leads than them failing as your heart muscles grown around the leads. Got bad bone spurs in neck and bad separation l5 to spine, just had the gall bladder out in Oct now fighting issues with gut and digestion, also had a stint put in one of the arteries round 3 years back , forgot about that one. Other than that I'm in great shape for pushing 68 .
Hopefully they found my gut
Issue ,have surgery in am for celiac artery compression syndrome, all prayers appreciated

spinalcracker

On a mail train.
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
Get better soon Taezzar. ..I heard knees were worse than a hip job...
I have a partial hip replacement and its been about 10 years of learning to live with pain...VA botch job.
Stick to the PT....those exercises have saved my arse.

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
S.F. My prayers will have you in them my friend.
and
Wishing You the Best,
Gb

TAEZZAR

Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
S.F. , I wish you a rapid, pain free, complete recovery.

TAEZZAR

Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Here is a one week view. Pain is subsiding a bit, but it has a ways to go ! :sick 2:

Stick to the PT....those exercises have saved my arse.
Thanks, cracker. PT is happy with my progress
FIRST VIEW - Copy.jpg