• Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
  • There are no markets
  • "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Important News Announcement, Sticky

honu5050

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
never are sure who you're speaking to. ever. I understand what they done understand why did it how did it I don't have to be happy about it but I'm still an American. that gives us the right to speak up if they didn't want that job to look so sloppy it would not of .which means they have enough power to just do it and post like these really don't mean squat to them at this point in time same with the JFK hit. Pearl Harbor. the Lusitania. the main.the incident that got Vietnam moving. Gulf of tonken....go on and on different countries different continents but all in all we don't have it too bad here in the USA and I would imagine it will balance out they usually do but this one sure has run amok.... have a lot of people have paid for it both money wise and what their lives Its always been that way. we just have short periods of calm in which fighting is still going on. c'est la vie. Cheers

Last edited:

^updated^

found a way in
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Looks like the likes/thanks didn't carry over.
another board I am familiar with "rivals.com" did an upgrade to to this format a couple of months ago. likes/thanks were transferred over to the new board by request only. It wasn't an automatic transfer so the administrator had to transfer thanks/like to the new board manually when requested.

Last edited:

TRYNEIN

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
I was not sure if I had been banned or the CIA directed me to a fake mock up site to spy on me! And every time I come back to the forum I have to sign in again.
I thought Windows 10 was uploaded into my computer and I even did a system restore to get rid of it....LOL

Scorpio

Скорпион
Founding Member
Board Elder
Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
Guys, there is a way to disable the 2 step and it is in your profile.
You go in there and turn it off. Let me know if that works.
I have it disabled for now so it isn't such a drag.

And too, there is a checkbox, 'remember this device for 30 days', and that may help you if you want to keep the 2 step enabled. The 2 step is a great security feature that even if someone you knew had your log and pass, they still couldn't access unless it was the exact same device.

fyi is all

2 step.jpg

Last edited:

Scorpio

Скорпион
Founding Member
Board Elder
Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
we need a running list of what guys are able to find and sort out:

there are some in this thread, and more in other threads,
need someone that can put them all together in one place so they can be sourced and dealt with

I have already asked the converter about the likes/groups/missing members

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
Guys, there is a way to disable the 2 step and it is in your profile.
You go in there and turn it off. Let me know if that works.
I have it disabled for now so it isn't such a drag.

And too, there is a checkbox, 'remember this device for 30 days', and that may help you if you want to keep the 2 step enabled. The 2 step is a great security feature that even if someone you knew had your log and pass, they still couldn't access unless it was the exact same device.

fyi is all

View attachment 79833

How do you "turn it off"?

If it's possible I'd like to know how to do it. Did spend a few minutes looking for a way to disable it but can't seem to find one.

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Well... Here I yam.

But... since I got here by an incredibly circuitous route (probably could not duplicate it)...

I will hurry and say: If I try to light up the site, I get ERROR, BIATCH.

So at least you know I am trying.

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
I am trying to figger out if it is me not knowing the new protocols, or if they are not working.

For instance: videos... aren't. They are just code/addresses.

My avatar has been magnified... I will see if I can get to it.

MrLucky

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
^^ Yes, someone chopped off the top of my head. Did I fall down the rabbit hole? Where's Alice?

Never mind. I fixed it. You have some control over the avatar in your control panel.

the_shootist

Molon Labe!
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
never are sure who you're speaking to. ever. I understand what they done understand why did it how did it I don't have to be happy about it but I'm still an American. that gives us the right to speak up if they didn't want that job to look so sloppy it would not of .which means they have enough power to just do it and post like these really don't mean squat to them at this point in time same with the JFK hit. Pearl Harbor. the Lusitania. the main.the incident that got Vietnam moving. Gulf of tonken....go on and on different countries different continents but all in all we don't have it too bad here in the USA and I would imagine it will balance out they usually do but this one sure has run amok.... have a lot of people have paid for it both money wise and what their lives Its always been that way. we just have short periods of calm in which fighting is still going on. c'est la vie. Cheers

Are you sure you posted in the right thread there honu?

REO 54

Midas Member
Midas Member
Also, I noticed that we can't go directly to the last post posted on thread to read. We have read through the entire thread or click on the last "box" of replies.

The trophies thing is a little wierd.

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
I see this:

So that is coming up also.

And... I DID figure out how to change my avatar to fit (ONE inch wide). But it does not seem to have "taken"...

the_shootist

Molon Labe!
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
another board I am familiar with "rivals.com" did an upgrade to to this format a couple of months ago. likes/thanks were transferred over to the new board by request only. It wasn't an automatic transfer so the administrator had to transfer thanks/like to the new board manually when requested.
Yeah but is transferring the thanks really necessary? I mean we can simply build a now list of thanks

Scorpio

Скорпион
Founding Member
Board Elder
Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
Guys, I have already explained about the bad bookmarks, the how to change color, the all of the above,

If I have to keep back tracking to explain again, I don't get time to actually fix what needs it,

Please help a guy out, as now apparently there are 3 threads going on this and info everywhere

Not to mention guys chirping in with bad intel that don't know what they are talking about

We have important fish to fry like lost thanks, lost members, and lost vids that need to be resolved asap

Don't get me wrong, I need the input, but let's try to stay current

Thanks for the help

Ahillock

A nobody
Mother Lode
- Thanked/thanks didn't transfer over (history of those given and those received)
- 1,000 word limit for posts
- Groups/missing people issue
- Inability to move created threads like previous GIM2
- "Recent posts" tab like we had at the old forum

I think that is the running list that I have come across so far.

Last edited:

Merlin

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter

BeefJerky

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
I like the new format Usually, I bitch about change. First time that I can actually praise a change regarding this forum. Good job, Scorpio. Thanks to all who are making this work,

Scorpio

Скорпион
Founding Member
Board Elder
Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
I haven't worked on the trophy thing yet, no time yet.

There are no groups with the base forum.
There is no recent post tab with the base forum.

Those 2 are 'add ons' that I will go look for later.

Please bear with me as in time we will get this just how we like it

Agreed re character count per post, etc. There are some things I have set to unlimited and it isn't working like that yet.
So have to source those issues separately.

Thanks guys,

Ahillock

A nobody
Mother Lode
Doing a great job Scorp. We are patient and know you have a lot on your hands. With Christmas here, take your time. We will stick around and keep the fire going.

GOLD DUCK

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
QWAK,Vlad The Impaler,Nothing has changed --- you are just having a bad dream go back to sleep --- when you wake up things will be like they have always been! ;)

the DUCK :)

Krag

Planet earth
Platinum Bling
Obviously a major change, I thought I had posted something significantly objectionable to get the boot as others said....

Ahillock

A nobody
Mother Lode
Maybe worth throwing "multi-quote" feature up on the list of missing features? Anyone else miss that feature, or just me?

artfarm

Guys and all others :0)

We are in the process of setting up our new server for the website. We will be greatly increasing our Ram and processor speed. We already had plenty of storage space, but lacking in the speed.

We are changing providers for hosting at the same time.

So the setup is this, we will copy and move GIM over to the new server. Make sure everything is working, and on track, that all data came thru the porthole, and so on. Once we are in the clear, we will point GIM at the new server, and remove the other server.

After we are good there and all is working aok, then comes PHASE II

Phase II is a completely new system software as I mentioned prior.

It is already in use here:
http://lifewithcannabis.com/index.php

The way in which you ad pics or vids to a post is different,

The ability to copy and paste articles into the system is much much easier, as the pics in a article migrate also.

The system is lighter weight, resulting in faster response times

Once Phase I is complete and operating aok, then Phase II will be enacted.

Over time, I will be able to add galleries, news feeds, and a new front page portal.

For now, we make the hyper jump, then we can worry about tweaking stuff later.

For now, if you want to go over to that other site and have a look around, log in, whatever, then you will get an idea of how that software operates.

It is x vbulletin guys that have developed it, and have made it lean and mean. All whom I have spoken to regarding the swap from vbulletin had 1 regret, that they didn't do it sooner.

This is my Merry Christmas to all on the board.

Scorp
thanks!!!

Lt Dan

Gold Pirate
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Finally made it back in. Tried many times and kept getting the error page. Long as I didn't try to log in I could read posts, except for the members only forum. Seem to have lost any thanks I had from before, doesn't matter much as I usually only lurk here any more, then only from time to time. Test a photo just for giggles.
Funny-Christmas-Quote-061.jpg

Looks like it worked. Merry Christmas all y'all.

Silver Art

Silver Art Bar collector
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Finally made it back in. Tried many times and kept getting the error page. Long as I didn't try to log in I could read posts, except for the members only forum. Seem to have lost any thanks I had from before, doesn't matter much as I usually only lurk here any more, then only from time to time. Test a photo just for giggles.
View attachment 79837
Looks like it worked. Merry Christmas all y'all.
The Christmas spirit was killed by laughter. :)

ttazzman

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Scorp....finally got in......looks like my Screen name got changed.......should be "ttazzman" instead of "ensoni"....i would assume he is having the same issues......screen name and password not matching etc....