• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

In Defense of Bitcoin Maximalism (new from Vitalik Buterins blog)

EO 11110

(LOIS LERNER) GOT AWAY WITH IT
Survivor
Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score
bitcoin is the digital andrew jackson?

1648870493469.png

Fiat Metaler

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Reaction score
That's a well written article, but its difficult for me to believe that Vitalik Buerin authored it. It has some unflattering observations about him. That's Vitalik in the purple outfit and Hello Kitty bag, pictured below.

As for Bitcoin being the digital Andrew Jackson, no, its passive. A better analogy would be digital gold, which just sits there but is stunning when compared to crap alternatives like greenbacks or FRN's. Folks in the crypto community are beginning to throw around terms like "shit coins" and "grift coins" to distinguish solid crypto from pretenders.

pham2.png

Flight2gold

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
If this article was written by Vitalik it was a smart move for the Ethereum blockchain. He has enough foresight to know where crypto is headed.
He also can see the explosive potential of the Bitcoin blockchain. 50% of the world may own some BTC within a couple years. Heck, Russia just said they'll accept payment for their oil in BTC. Talk about FOMO. All the pics of Vitalik hanging with the elite of the world is his sales job. He wants Ethereum to be the blockchain of the world. This article is just more PR.
We're talking apples and oranges here about BTC and Ethereum anyway. While both are tokens, Ethereum is largely a platform for smart contracts and Dapps, and a really good one at that.

Fiat Metaler

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Reaction score
Some major crypto outlets are wondering if it was some sort of April Fools goof.

Nomis Elpmis

Minimalist
Silver Miner
Reaction score
If this article was written by Vitalik it was a smart move for the Ethereum blockchain. He has enough foresight to know where crypto is headed.
He also can see the explosive potential of the Bitcoin blockchain. 50% of the world may own some BTC within a couple years. Heck, Russia just said they'll accept payment for their oil in BTC. Talk about FOMO. All the pics of Vitalik hanging with the elite of the world is his sales job. He wants Ethereum to be the blockchain of the world. This article is just more PR.
We're talking apples and oranges here about BTC and Ethereum anyway. While both are tokens, Ethereum is largely a platform for smart contracts and Dapps, and a really good one at that.
Bitcoin BSV is both apples and oranges combined (Btc & Eth). BSV is going to eat the whole of crypto with PoW on chain.
1648925226291.png

bitinfocharts.com

EO 11110

(LOIS LERNER) GOT AWAY WITH IT
Survivor
Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score
A better analogy would be digital gold, which just sits there but is stunning when

that term will go down in infamy. elite level oxymoron

i feel sorry for the bitcoiners in my personal sphere. they will be pounded with 'digital gold' until the day i die. and maybe in my obit too :)

Fiat Metaler

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Reaction score
No it's not. I'm a BitCoin maximalist defending BitCoin maximalism. Btc and Eth are fragmented broken aspects of BitCoin.

OK, but that's a minority opinion and a tangent to the thread where you have the creator of Eth denigrating ETH and himself on Aprils Fools Day.

Nomis Elpmis

Minimalist
Silver Miner
Reaction score
OK, but that's a minority opinion and a tangent to the thread where you have the creator of Eth denigrating ETH and himself on Aprils Fools Day.
I know what it's about, I started the thread. It's a backhanded confession that ETH has failed.

Nomis Elpmis

Minimalist
Silver Miner
Reaction score
BSV tx/24hr going up by millions today. A drop in a bucket of its capabilities. Utility is value.
bsvpie10mil.png