• Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
  • There are no markets
  • "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

indiana becomes a sales tax free bullion state

oldgaranddad

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter

SongSungAU

Midas Member
Midas Member
Looks like they didn't get rusty's memo about Hoosier state
JM Bullion should have put a date on that post because it's old and no longer accurate.

The Indiana bit isn't the only inaccurate part. It also says no sale tax on precious metals in Texas IF:
Texas (when the value of the coins and precious metals exceeds $1,000)

That used to be true (back in 2013). There is no sales tax on precious metals purchases in Texas (hasn't been since October 2013).

https://blog.providentmetals.com/ma...s-eliminates-sales-tax-on-precious-metals.htm

SongSungAU

Midas Member
Midas Member

Silver Art

Silver Art Bar collector
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling

It has been a while ago but I was in Indiana on a day trip buying '70's silver art bars at a couple of coin shops in Indiana (Evansville, IN and Clarksville, IN). I do not remember paying an Indiana sales tax but I suspect that it was factored in the premium that I paid during that time.

I wish that Tennessee will become a sales tax free bullion state but I am not going to hold my breath on that. All I have to say is...........Thank goodness for Georgia (a sales tax free bullion state) if they have '70's silver art bars for sale.

Buck

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Collecting any sales tax over State Lines should be a criminal act and not subject to any IRS or ICC Regulations.

Winner is USPS, UPS, FedEx, etc, delivery companies

Spread the wealth through commerce

that was easy!

Besides, how do I ever know if the collector of that "state tax" ever reports any of it?
I do feel cheated when I pay tax when buying crap on line, this is our environment, it was opened up for us to use
blah blah blah, im just whining now
anyway

that hurt, ouch

oldgaranddad

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Collecting any sales tax over State Lines should be a criminal act and not subject to any IRS or ICC Regulations.

Winner is USPS, UPS, FedEx, etc, delivery companies

Spread the wealth through commerce

that was easy!

Besides, how do I ever know if the collector of that "state tax" ever reports any of it?
I do feel cheated when I pay tax when buying crap on line, this is our environment, it was opened up for us to use
blah blah blah, im just whining now
anyway

that hurt, ouch
Knowing my corrupt state (NY) they'd institute a local delivery tax charged per package.

gringott

Killed then Resurrected
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Good to know about Indiana, close enough for a road trip.
Here in Kentucky they charge sales tax, the movement to change that has no momentum and the political people from the bottom up don't know the issue or that there is a movement to get rid of it.

Rusty Shackelford

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Art.....never collected sales tax at any show I have been to either. But the guys running brick and mortar stores had to. This is of major import to me. While I sat i high school chem class I could look out the window and see the parking lot to Silvertowne. I actually worked for Silvertowne Farms in high school. Mom and dad live 6 miles from the showroom. Awesome to have that in my backyard, but up till now, the 7% tax made them a no go. That changes now.

Silver Art

Silver Art Bar collector
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Art.....never collected sales tax at any show I have been to either. But the guys running brick and mortar stores had to. This is of major import to me. While I sat i high school chem class I could look out the window and see the parking lot to Silvertowne. I actually worked for Silvertowne Farms in high school. Mom and dad live 6 miles from the showroom. Awesome to have that in my backyard, but up till now, the 7% tax made them a no go. That changes now.
I usually do not travel outside the Southeast TN/North GA/ Northeast AL regional area but I have occasionally traveled outside that area and bought '70's silver art bars during coin shop stops in Indiana and in Kentucky (Paducah and Louisville only). The sales tax rates in KY and Indiana (before Indiana became sales tax free) are lower than the 9.75% that TN currently charges.

The B&M coin shops in TN have to collect the sales tax (coin shows are exempt) and the TN sales tax in my area is 9.75%. Maybe one day Tennessee will decide become a sale tax free bullion state but until then...................I have Georgia on my mind.

EDIT: I have never been to Silvertowne. Perhaps one day I will go there.