• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

Inexpensive AR-15's thread..

Fatrat

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
Do we have a thread already? If not what are good choices?

rte

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Buy quality mil.spec parts and assemble them yourself.
Really depends on what you consider inexpensive.
Factory builds have someone else's labor and markup figured in.

Fatrat

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
If I knew what I was doing, it might be fun, but this is 1st rifle for me and to get some recommendations and a friend.

BarnacleBob

Moderator, Equal opportunity annoyer!
Founding Member
Site Mgr
Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Remember mil-spec is based upon the lowest bidder... mil-spec doesnt necessarilly mean the best quality parts.... you can buy a cheaper AR for almost what it costs to put one together and get a warranty with it too.

Its a lot of fun building your own rifle, selecting parts, etc.... like always, you get what you pay for...

rte

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Remember mil-spec is based upon the lowest bidder... mil-spec doesnt necessarilly mean the best quality parts.... you can buy a cheaper AR for almost what it costs to put one together and get a warranty with it too.

Its a lot of fun building your own rifle, selecting parts, etc.... like always, you get what you pay for...
I'll let you in on a little known secret.
Gun broker sells puzzles...

AR's that were confiscated by different groups and demilled.
I've bought more then one of those that I didn't need and assembled the missing parts.
Good names
Colt,Stag,RRA, JP enterprises, etc.

rte

Silver Member
Silver Miner
If I knew what I was doing, it might be fun, but this is 1st rifle for me and to get some recommendations and a friend.
Anderson manufacturing stripped lower receiver is a good start.
Watch a few YouTube videos and with a few bucks in tools, you can complete your lower with the quality parts you want.

Fair warning, they multiply like rabbits.

TomD

It blowed up, y'all
Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
Palmetto State Armory has the best deals on a regular basis. I would stock up on ammo if you got $ to burn.
Ordinarily I'd say that stocking up on ammo in the middle of an extreme shortage would be a very bad decision. This time, I don't know if "normal times" will ever come back with the totalitarians in apparent control.

BarnacleBob

Moderator, Equal opportunity annoyer!
Founding Member
Site Mgr
Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
I'll let you in on a little known secret.
Gun broker sells puzzles...

AR's that were confiscated by different groups and demilled.
I've bought more then one of those that I didn't need and assembled the missing parts.
Good names
Colt,Stag,RRA, JP enterprises, etc.
I would advise a first time AR buyer to purchase a name brand AR, such as Ruger AR556 or a Springfield Saint, etc. not the cheapest, not the most expensive, just good quality reliable AR's backed by credible gun manufacturers that will honor the warranty or any problems that may arise.... they also have deep enuff pockets to cover any damages or injuries that could possibly occur due to faulty manufacturing.... JMO