• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

INFLATION SAFETY NET?

luckabuck

I made mine in the stock market!
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
I've been collecting bullion for years with the idea of accumulating some SAFE wealth for myself and my family. Articles everywhere have pushed the idea that bullion is the one and only "SAFETY NET" against inflation, but have been shocked with the effect that our latest inflation has done to my bullion horde. Most of the articles, I know, are written with the support and sponsorship of bullion dealers, so I have taken some of these articles non-seriously, but most have been written by "authorities" in the bullion arena. Guess what? Most of these "authorities" don't know crap! Everyone on this site has been injured just like myself. With inflation, social unrest, war in Ukraine, political assassinations, fuel prices, and other events causing a catastrophic response in everything, but I thought the bullion prices would stay safe and maybe even appreciate with all of these events happening. I would appreciate any explanation from the learned members of this website as to what is happening now, and what will happen in the future. Thank you for your responses.

Buck

Mother Lode Found
Midas Supporter
Mother Lode
Reaction score
don't spend so much time counting the value of what you have, rather, spend your time gathering more

the dust will eventually settle and you'll find yourself in a better place than those who have none

as long as you're as debt free as possible, you'll be a wiser man for doing so

Casey Jones

Train left the station...
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
I've been collecting bullion for years with the idea of accumulating some SAFE wealth for myself and my family. Articles everywhere have pushed the idea that bullion is the one and only "SAFETY NET" against inflation, but have been shocked with the effect that our latest inflation has done to my bullion horde. Most of the articles, I know, are written with the support and sponsorship of bullion dealers, so I have taken some of these articles non-seriously, but most have been written by "authorities" in the bullion arena. Guess what? Most of these "authorities" don't know crap! Everyone on this site has been injured just like myself. With inflation, social unrest, war in Ukraine, political assassinations, fuel prices, and other events causing a catastrophic response in everything, but I thought the bullion prices would stay safe and maybe even appreciate with all of these events happening. I would appreciate any explanation from the learned members of this website as to what is happening now, and what will happen in the future. Thank you for your responses.
Just as the dollar is debased, rigged, artificial (fiat) the exchange rate is being manipulated.

The Elites are NOT going to allow an easy safe haven. When they can, and they can, certainly, they will debase the coinage and rig exchange rates.

There is no "safe haven" for currency debasement. It destroys a society's economy and industry; it destroys the wealth of the thrifty who have saved their money/returns on work.

No safe haven. NONE! Look at Wiemar Germany. Look at France under John Law's schemes. Look at Venezuela.

You can only remain safe when there's a solid (or safer) currency and society to move into; and now, we're in the Everything Crisis.

So, yes, you're going to get hurt, holding gold. Not as badly; and when the dust settles, you'll have something. Unlike Hodlers, who will have a flash drive next to their dead computers (no power) unable to talk to other computers (no InterwebZ).

So, just know what's coming. Strap yourself in, and have plans (non-monetary) about what to do, if, as, and when.

TAEZZAR

LADY JUSTICE ISNT BLIND, SHES JUST AFRAID TO WATCH
Midas Member
Eagle
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
I would appreciate any explanation from the learned members of this website as to what is happening now, and what will happen in the future.
m.a.n.i.p.u.l.a.t.i.o.n, be patient grasshopper, PM's rule ! Just my 3c :secret:

coopersmith

for fuck sake..........
Silver Miner
Reaction score
I just finished Fergusons 'When Money Dies' a few days ago. In weimar, the only guys who werent affected much were farmers. They stayed on the farm, and only left to buy supplies, antiques, and bullion, etc. It eventually got to the point they wouldnt accept weimar money in any form, preferring to trade in foreign currencies, or not at all.

I think the key is to hold physical assets UNTIL you get to the other side, as opposed to selling them to stay alive.

arminius

Argentate Bluster
Eagle
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
There is no 'safety net'.

We all must do the best we can. As buckster has stated above, be debt free, ignore the needles, and gather as many trading chips as you can while you can.

Last edited:

Casey Jones

Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
I just finished Fergusons 'When Money Dies' a few days ago. In weimar, the only guys who werent affected much were farmers. They stayed on the farm, and only left to buy supplies, antiques, and bullion, etc. It eventually got to the point they wouldnt accept weimar money in any form, preferring to trade in foreign currencies, or not at all.

I think the key is to hold physical assets UNTIL you get to the other side, as opposed to selling them to stay alive.
Yes, to the last.

As for the farmers: That was another era, an era where industrial food production was in its infancy. Where a larger percentage of the populace was farming, and for fewer mouths-per-farmer. With lower crop yields.

Today, money is essential for the farmer. He has to buy fertilizers. He has to "purchase" (essentially, lease) tractors and machinery; and pay the corporate makers subscription fees to have equipment serviced (computer chips, etc, on Deere and Caterpillar and other tractors).

He has to pay transport for his produce.

He has to pay LAND TAXES - so simply dropping out is not an option, even if he "owns" his land (leases it from government).

There's a good lesson to learn here, but not in how easy it is for agrarians to ignore currency debasement.

tigerwillow1

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
it's all rigged and manipulated. The way I'm looking at it is that there's a current currency that will become worthless, and a future currency that will crop up. The goal is to find the best way to transfer your assets from the current currency to the new one. PMs are one possibility, real land another. Then there are things like art, foreign currencies, toilet paper, etc. I don't know what's the best vehicle to preserve assets, and have been highly disappointed in PMs. Not being a prophet, the best I can do is diversify. As a simple example, if you divide your assets into 5 different vehicles, after the crash you might end up saving only 20% of your assets. That's a lot better than the masses who will save 0% of their assets, and a lot worse than the manipulators who will save close to 100%.

nickndfl

Midas Member
Midas Member
Eagle
Reaction score
They are manipulating the spot price in a game using the FED and private banks to sustain the illusion of the $USD. Watch the dollar index as a leading indicator mentioned by Barnacle Bob.

The miners are being impacted more because they cannot simply shutdown and startup at will. The energy companies are experiencing the opposite effect.

coopersmith

for fuck sake..........
Silver Miner
Reaction score
Yes, to the last.

As for the farmers: That was another era, an era where industrial food production was in its infancy. Where a larger percentage of the populace was farming, and for fewer mouths-per-farmer. With lower crop yields.

Today, money is essential for the farmer. He has to buy fertilizers. He has to "purchase" (essentially, lease) tractors and machinery; and pay the corporate makers subscription fees to have equipment serviced (computer chips, etc, on Deere and Caterpillar and other tractors).

He has to pay transport for his produce.

He has to pay LAND TAXES - so simply dropping out is not an option, even if he "owns" his land (leases it from government).

There's a good lesson to learn here, but not in how easy it is for agrarians to ignore currency debasement.
I am not talking about commercial corporate agriculture. Im talking about working a small piece of land to feed family and neighbors. That is what we are concentrating on going back to here.

It is not a model for making profits, but rather surviving (in somewhat comfort) whats to come.

Buck

Mother Lode Found
Midas Supporter
Mother Lode
Reaction score
I am not talking about commercial corporate agriculture. Im talking about working a small piece of land to feed family and neighbors. That is what we are concentrating on going back to here.
i can't feed my neighborhood let alone many of my neighbors, at the stage i'm at with my own garden, but my main focus is on feeding my family, first and foremost

anything left over is for handouts, right now, maybe for trade, next season, idk

and right now since vegetables are still available at a store near me, my game is, for now, growing solely for the seeds i can harvest, eating everything else along the way, building my mulch pit, learning about pests and birds and the neighborhood opossum patrol...doing all the stuff i can to be prepared for anything that may come my way

if i'm not in a secure way, how can i help anyone else?

currently i refer to it as my covid garden...that's gonna change during the next pandemic

coopersmith

for fuck sake..........
Silver Miner
Reaction score
I bet they keep track of every transaction, but you cant see the books.

Casey Jones

Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Can they keep track of every transaction though?
With computers, Carnivore, Echelon, Know-Your-Customer bank regulations...cameras everywhere...

They have it all. They just have to take an interest in you, and then call up your vitals - address, phone, antiSocial inSecurity number...and the computer network burps it out, and you're busted.

hammerhead

Morphing
Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++
Reaction score
If they're lucky, they'd get busted. Would have to get better than whacked.

Treasure Searcher

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Physical gold has increased over the years in fiat currency. Better rate of return than bank interest (CD's, etc).

Physical silver has gone up and down through the years, in fiat currency. Last big increase in silver was 2011 at around $49.00 a troy ounce.

As with any investment, three key words: Research, Research and Research.

Buck

Mother Lode Found
Midas Supporter
Mother Lode
Reaction score
It's better to have a lot of something than a lot of nothing.
i have a lot of debt and some fentanyl....

is having that debt better than having the fentanyl? you know, because i have so much more of it?

:computer:

hammerhead

Morphing
Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++
Reaction score
i have a lot of debt and some fentanyl....

is having that debt better than having the fentanyl? you know, because i have so much more of it?

:computer:
Get more of the latter even if you have to add to the former.

Buck

Mother Lode Found
Midas Supporter
Mother Lode
Reaction score
Done!

you guys are the Best!

:2 thumbs up:

Avalon

The most courageous act is to think for yourself
Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
luckabuck.... The BRIC nations will include commodities like gold and oil in their currency. The US will run on debt till it can't anymore. Hang on to your gold. Why are banks all over the world buying gold?

Jodster

Always wrong
Silver Miner
Survivor
Reaction score
You could always sell your bullion to me at spot and use the money to invest in BitCoin.
Your post somehow implies that silver and gold were a scam sponsored by bullion dealers. Since I bought in 2008, my silver is still at about double and my gold has tripled in value. If you’re complaining, you simply weren’t in early enough.
And right now is considered early compared to what’s coming. . .

Buck

Mother Lode Found
Midas Supporter
Mother Lode
Reaction score
You could always sell your bullion to me at spot and use the money to invest in BitCoin.
Your post somehow implies that silver and gold were a scam sponsored by bullion dealers. Since I bought in 2008, my silver is still at about double and my gold has tripled in value. If you’re complaining, you simply weren’t in early enough.
it's way early as neither my barber or shoeshine attendant understand as much as i do...just wait

Casey Jones

Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Yup.

It was 2006, when I listened to advice from a stacker here (on another board) and made my first gold purchase.

It was 2010 when I basically wrapped it up, after being put through the wringer in the stonk market. Went all in on PMs.

As you say. Tripled from $600-and-change, an ounce, to prior to this month's monkeyhammering down. That's not in keeping with high-flying Greater Fools Meme stonx; but it's only a little less than the general stonk market.

And since I use LIFO for my in-house accounting for Cap Gains...I'm FAR better off than the seller of stonk. And I KNOW my Kitco bars, unlike $TSLA, will never be worthless.

CiscoKid

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Reaction score

That's how I've been living for the past two years. The only money I am spending is on stuff to help me in the future - gardening supplies and I built a large chicken coop.

Thecrensh

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Just as the dollar is debased, rigged, artificial (fiat) the exchange rate is being manipulated.

The Elites are NOT going to allow an easy safe haven. When they can, and they can, certainly, they will debase the coinage and rig exchange rates.

There is no "safe haven" for currency debasement. It destroys a society's economy and industry; it destroys the wealth of the thrifty who have saved their money/returns on work.

No safe haven. NONE! Look at Wiemar Germany. Look at France under John Law's schemes. Look at Venezuela.

You can only remain safe when there's a solid (or safer) currency and society to move into; and now, we're in the Everything Crisis.

So, yes, you're going to get hurt, holding gold. Not as badly; and when the dust settles, you'll have something. Unlike Hodlers, who will have a flash drive next to their dead computers (no power) unable to talk to other computers (no InterwebZ).

So, just know what's coming. Strap yourself in, and have plans (non-monetary) about what to do, if, as, and when.
Agreed...100%. I think they're going to rig any "safety net" so that it will also become next to worthless so they can buy it all up and then allow the markets to correct to "normal" ONLY AFTER they own everything.

Mujahid

Owner Operator
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score
shocked with the effect that our latest inflation has done to my bullion horde.

Inflation doesn’t make you have less ounces.

I don’t see gold as an investment, just as a storage of wealth in the very long term, so I don’t really care about it’s price too much. I would actually be more upset if it got more expensive to buy.

As far as to fight against inflation, some reputable high yield closed end funds with a little bit of margin will keep you above inflation.

Casey Jones

Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Agreed...100%. I think they're going to rig any "safety net" so that it will also become next to worthless so they can buy it all up and then allow the markets to correct to "normal" ONLY AFTER they own everything.
If they "own everything" then nothing has value.

What good is money when you have it all, and others are not allowed to accumulate any?

If you keep people subsistence-poor, they're going to work about like they did in the Soviet Union. Did the Kremlin insiders get rich? No, they had their vodka and cigarettes. And funny-looking limousines that mostly didn't run.

They tended to die early, for powerful men...early 70s. Typically of diseases associated with heavy drinking. That's not how someone who loves life, lives.

If we own nothing, we're not only not happy, we're not producing anything. That means Klaus and the other would-be taskmasters...STARVE.

Jodster

Always wrong
Silver Miner
Survivor
Reaction score

What good is money when you have it all, and others are not allowed to accumulate any?

If you keep people subsistence-poor, they're going to work about like they did in the Soviet Union. Did the Kremlin insiders get rich? No, they had their vodka and cigarettes. And funny-looking limousines that mostly didn't run.

They tended to die early, for powerful men...early 70s. Typically of diseases associated with heavy drinking. That's not how someone who loves life, lives.

If we own nothing, we're not only not happy, we're not producing anything. That means Klaus and the other would-be taskmasters...STARVE.
In the past we were free to invest, make and save money.
In the future, money will only be your allotment of permission to partake in society. Money will be the instrument of social credit. Nothing more.
And if you don’t believe me you might want to read a book that has a Chapter called Revelation 13.

luckabuck

I made mine in the stock market!
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for all of your comments regarding my original post. It sounds like you are as surprised as I am as to why bullion did not retain more value with the huge inflation and world events now going on. The comments regarding the control of wealth, even concerning bullion, by the world banking/wealth accumulation world leaders intend for no one but themselves to survive these events that are now going on. At least our bullion will not be worthless like the dollar will be when all of this settles down.

TAEZZAR

Midas Member
Eagle
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Most sheeple cannot fathom that fact !:2 thumbs up:
That is what the illegals will be - new cheap labor to supply the Klausites.

smooth

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
The gold/inflation relationship has never been, nor ever will be linear. There are just way too many variables, and in this day and age those variables are morphing faster than green grass through a goose. I've spent little time paying attention to markets in the last few years. But one thing I know to be true is, they almost never do what you think they should. The dollar has been gaining strength as of late. I guess she is the prettiest, ugly girl in the room once again. Somedays a silver dime will buy you a gallon of gas..... somedays it wont. But a clad dime isnt worth the energy to carry in your pocket.
In summary, PM's are for the long haul. They may never benefit me. I dont know. But if the shit house ever does go up in flames, I'm pretty sure I'll be better off with a pocket full of gold than without.

Now go buy some ammo and go to the range.
JMHO

<SLV>

Platinum Bling
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Gold is failing as a store of value. If you bought gold a couple years ago your gold is is trading for 10-20% fewer dollars when everything else is trading for 40-50% more dollars.

If you bought silver in 2008 you might be up 100%, but a similar purchase of an S&P500 fund would have far out-performed your silver purchase.

Voodoo

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Several studies have shown that gold actually does better in deflation. Like when bonds, real estate, and or stonks all look scarry risky and people freak out.

ttazzman

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
Reaction score
i think metals have held up well .....especially if you actually are dealing in real metal.........stocks...bitcoin....bonds....have all had a pretty rough go of it lately comparitively speaking

my question always is this kind of inquiry.........what would you put your $ into today right now and why

the $ is relatively strong right now against other currencies .......that can last a long time ....but the currencies themselves are in danger when trillions are being wished into existence daily

answering my own question above .....what would i invest in today .......no perishable FOOD if there was a open market for it and i had a outlet for it in the cities this winter

Casey Jones

Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Most sheeple cannot fathom that fact !:2 thumbs up:

That is what the illegals will be - new cheap labor to supply the Klausites.
The illegals will work for nothing?

They came here to do no work and get more than they could ever work for, down there. But, they'll find out, soon: The Gravy Train is coming off the rails.

Tell them they'll own nothing, get paid essentially nothing, and shut up and be happy...they'll burn the whole nation to the ground.

TAEZZAR

Midas Member
Eagle
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
The illegals will work for nothing?

They came here to do no work and get more than they could ever work for, down there. But, they'll find out, soon: The Gravy Train is coming off the rails.

Tell them they'll own nothing, get paid essentially nothing, and shut up and be happy...they'll burn the whole nation to the ground.
Nope, they will comply for guaranteed warm bodies & full stomachs. 2023/2024 slaves.