• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

Information for Newbees Coins vs Bars (Opinion)

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
If you have the budget, kilos and 10oz bars are nice. A 100oz bar makes for a lovely door stop and toe cruncher.
But probably hard to liquidate.
As stock market investors know " Have a plan on when to get IN, and have a plan to get OUT".
A 2.2 LBS bar is going to be hard to liquidate unless you know a PM miner, Wholesaler or Retailer.
From experience 10 T.oz bars are about the max size any Mom & Pop Investors would be willing or able to convert.
SO
DYODD

ttazzman

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
But probably hard to liquidate.
As stock market investors know " Have a plan on when to get IN, and have a plan to get OUT".
A 2.2 LBS bar is going to be hard to liquidate unless you know a PM miner, Wholesaler or Retailer.
From experience 10 T.oz bars are about the max size any Mom & Pop Investors would be willing or able to convert.
SO
DYODD

In the old days of cheap silver 100ozers made sense.....in modern times :) ..I agree 10oz max makes a lot of sense on several levels including counterfeiting etc....10oz bars stack and take up a lot less physical space than rounds....for shtf 90% is the way to go but is space intensive to store in bulk in my opinion

Last edited:

Buck

Trying Something Different!
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
Q:
Where will you source them from?
What is their main inventory, coins or bars?
What is your exit strategy?
Same Dealer?...
What's his spread?
Can you beat that spread?...don't be lazy
Do It!
Is that dealers 'buy price' beatable, in the manner you will use to 'collect' your coins or bars? You are a collector now, get used to it, store it properly, etc...
Are You Prepared To Be A Collector?

and most importantly:
Can You Barter, Negotiate Prices? Y / N?
there are no maybies...yes or no?

if you're a collector of anything physical, handling that merchandise and dealing in that merchandise is important and weakness here will only leave the average collector vulnerable

that's where i would start...
don't get too technical, but those are some of the basics that need to be addressed at some point

Last edited:

pitw

Gold Chaser
Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
My strategy involved buying as many boobie rounds/bars as I could afford.
May not make much cents but certainly way more enjoyable to fondle or just look at.
I always kinda/sorta thought the exit strategy for most stackers was to simply die.:gracious:

newmisty

Transcending the 5 Elements
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
Buy recognizable and attractive designs. Small denominations are more liquid.
Buy encased or sealed as tarnish is a detriment to resale.